BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Newbie Mafia

Hirkala

Bugs Mafia

The Real Insects (Goodies) Win Con: Kill all baddies and Indies

Ant (Self Vote Change) - With his maze of tunnels Ant can change his vote to any other player secretly.

Butterfly (Block) - Butterflies are so pretty. Anyone who is visited by Butterfly will carry out no actions that night.

Bee (Save) - The healing power of honey is amazing. The person with whom Bee shares his honey cannot be NKed.

Wasp (Trap Night and Day) - Wasp's string may not be deadly but it will put his target out of action for a night and day.

Ladybug (RID Kill) - Most people don't think much about ladybugs. This one is out to prove them wrong with his RID Kill.

Fly (Spy: Role) - Is that a fly n the wall?

Grasshopper (Redirect) - Grasshopper will take another bug's action and hop away with them to a difference target.

Moth (Spy: Faction) - Moths are so boring and dull, no one will notice this one spying on them.

Cricket (Post Message) - Cricket is loud and annoying.

The Arachnids (Baddies with BTSC and NK) Win Con: Be in a majority that can't be undone.

Scorpion (Block) - His poison will stop a player's action for that night.

Tick (Redirect) - Tick will bit another bug and cause him to be redirected to another target.

Spider (Trap) - Has poison but he will trap you in his web for a night and day.

The Worms (Indy with BTSC and RID Kill) WIn Con: First has to RID Save then next night RID Kill at least one bug with wings and another with poisons.)

Earthworm (RID Save) - Can dig a hole under his target to save him.

Glow-worm (Vote Manip x0,x2) - Use his lights to distract another bug and change his vote. (If earthworm dies, Glow-worm receives RID Save and loses Vote Manip)

Redirect > Redirect > Spy(role)/Spy(faction) > RID Save > RID Save >RID Block >RID Kill >RID Kill > Trap > Block >Trap > Block > Save > NK

Trap - no action action, no day action, no votes or post.

I will post successful Kills, Trap and Saves.

I would adjust the indy wincon since as is, it requires 4 successful night actions against 2 targets and I think that is too much. I would change it to just 2 night actions, being some combination of the rid saves and rid kills, or just plain rid with no save or kill.

As is, it might also have too many goodies for 3 baddies. 7 or 8 is more typical to balance out 3 baddies.

If you want it to start quickly, it might be a good idea to cut both indies, a baddie, and cut the goodies back to 5 or 6, depending on which roles are cut.

Also, the Ant's self vote change is more a baddie power as it hides info from the goodies.

Okay...... nice idea Mike! :thumbsup:

Now, what I see.......

First, Scorpion is block, and spider is trap..... I feel, change the block to a spy. That helps the baddies to claim a role, when needed, as a defense.

Second, Ladybug is RID kill ...... *remembers the day when an RID killer (aura) killed a baddie N1, coz she was lucky :dry: * So, change that RID kill to simple kill. That will add an element of risk with his night action, along with all the redirects.... *shudders*

Third, the Ant's vote manip - well, goodies usually have that vote manip *shrug* Vote manips give no info, they are there just to strengthen your grip on a lynch. So, I don't see a problem with that. :unsure: But, since, others are saying, coz they are more experienced and better players than me, maybe change that to steal anybody's vote and use it any time later, the thing that I normally use. Well, I don't know how the 'power remains hidden' issue can be resolved. :(

Fourth, RID save sounds weird. Since, they have BTSC, RID save or simple save, both will work fine.... Or maybe, RID part can be used as a weak spy? *hmm*

Fifth, Ant's vote multiply or add? And Glow worm targets self vote, or other's vote?

Sixth, the Indy wincon.......... It needs some modification. The current one looks kinda unfair, according to me. *hiding*

Edited by Akriti

Bugs Mafia

The Real Insects (Goodies) Win Con: Kill all baddies and Indies

Ant (Vote Steal) - With his maze of tunnels Ant can steals a vote from another player and use it later in the game. (But if he steals a baddies vote instead of counting as x2 later, it will count as x0, but he will not be told.)

Bee (Save) - The healing power of honey is amazing. The person with whom Bee shares his honey cannot be NKed.

Wasp (Trap Night and Day) - Wasp's string may not be deadly but it will put his target out of action for a night and day.

Ladybug (Kill) - Most people don't think much about ladybugs. This one is out to prove them wrong with his Kill.

Fly (Spy: Role) - Is that a fly n the wall?

Grasshopper (Redirect) - Grasshopper will take another bug's action and hop away with them to a difference target.

Moth (Spy: Faction) - Moths are so boring and dull, no one will notice this one spying on them.

Cricket (Post Message) - Cricket is loud and annoying.

The Arachnids (Baddies with BTSC and NK) Win Con: Be in a majority that can't be undone.

Scorpion (Spy) - His poison is in fact truth serum and will cause his target to tell him who he is.

Tick (Redirect) - Tick will bit another bug and cause him to be redirected to another target.

Spider (Trap) - Has poison but he will trap you in his web for a night and day.

The Worms (Indy with BTSC and RID Kill) Win Con: Has to Kill at least one bug with wings and another with poison.)

Earthworm (Save + Spy (Type)) - Can dig a hole under his target to save him and learns if target has wings or poison.

Glow-worm (Vote Manip x0,x2) - Use his lights to distract another bug and change his vote. (If earthworm dies, Glow-worm receives Save+Spy and loses Vote Manip) He can not change his own vote.

Redirect > Redirect > Spy(role)/Spy(faction)/Spy > Save+Spy > RID Save > RID Kill > Kill > Trap > Block > Trap > Save > NK

Trap - no action action, no day action, no votes or post.

I will post successful Kills, Trap and Saves.

Indy Spy result will be: has wings, has poison, has nothing

Ant, Moth and Tick have nothing. (No one wants dull moth wings, not even earth worms :))

All other Insects have wings.

Wasp, Scorpion and Spider has poison.

Wasp has both wings and poison, so I am thinking either results on Wasp will show as 'has nothing' or Indy can only choose to take Wasp wings or poison?

If I don't get enough sign-up after a reasonable amount of time, I will remove the indies, a baddie and some goodie.

Thanks again for your comments, and I look forward to hear what you have to say about the changes.

Sorry, Mike !!

~ Are kills blocking?

~ Suppose, Wasp, Scorpion and Spider are NK'ed/lynched, then is there an alternate wincon for Indy? Like last standing or anything like that? Coz it's going to take time for Indy to RID kill somebody when the spy is not a role spy.

Re: sign up roster - I suppose we were using the old one :S

Sorry everyone. Something irl have come up and I will not be able to host this game. I don't know how long I will be out of action.

Anyone who wants to host it in my stead, has my fill permission to host and make changes as they see fix.

Again I am sorry.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...