BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Newbie Mafia

Hirkala

• 2 weeks later...

C'moon people , last year a roster like this would've filled up in no time... :(

Just started a couple of weeks ago to play Mafia live - irl I mean - with different number of players : from 7 to 13 so far... and it's fun .. and I miss playing it online ;)

The strategy is much more complex online.. in real life u ain't got the time for strategy neither as a goodie or a baddie .. we have like 3 minutes to choose someone to lynch during the day and not enough roles to ascertain one's role after just one night and at night .. as werevolves (like the game is played) u only have a few seconds to decide on a victim .. and you cannot talk to the other baddies , you can only understand yourselves by looking in eachother's eyes.. otherwise the rest of the village would know who you are.. ;)

But it's FUN !! :D and a great game to meet someone , to really get to know them.. ;)

• Upvote 1

TMM Mafia XII: High School Club Mafia

Principals: Auramyna & Brainiac100

Rules

1. Flamebirde

2. nana77

3. Kikacat123

4. vcvcvc12

5. TheCube

7. Minato

8. marksmanjay

9. araver

10. Yodell

11. Panther

Backups: Plasmid

I don't know about being a mentor, it's been a while since i've played lol, but I'll happily join in :)

Feel free to kick me off the list if we have a sudden influx of new people :D

Edit - accidently removed the bit above the list

Edited by Panther

Hey guys,

I'll get to PMing people on the roster to make sure they're still free. I'm still free to host so if Brainy is available in several days, we can aim for starting then.

We are accepting anyone of any skill level. It's less of a newbie game and more of a "let's get some mafia games going and advertise to people who haven't played" game, along with a "Trainer manual host game" for our good pal Brainy. So anyone from brand new to played for years can join.

Anyone on the roster who would like a mentor, please PM me. I don't care what skill level you are, you can have a mentor if you want. :P A mentor is someone who has a good understanding of the rules of mafia and can give you a bit of extra pointers. They will correspond with you throughout the game. We all need a mentor now and then... :help:

Any questions, please post here or PM me and/or Brainy. If anyone knows a BrainDener who might enjoy mafia, please send them an invite.

Thanks,

Aura

Edited by Auramyna

To clarify the RID steal. It means Role Identification steal so if they can identify the player's role, they steal their action. E.g - RID Steal plasmid as debate club. If I am right then what happens is plasmid's action (trap) is blocked by my rid steal. So he appears in the night post (NP) as RID stolen from (which is the same as being blocked). Then I have a trap in my arsenal that I can use on any later date (not the same night I stole).

If you correctly steal from someone who has a day action, they appear as blocked for the night but you still gain their action (e.g - vote manip).

I will expand on the rules and guidelines when we make the new thread for the game. Also, there is no limit to how many questions you can ask. Hosts run their games differently so there is no shame in asking multiple questions to clarify things. :)

To clarify the RID steal. It means Role Identification steal so if they can identify the player's role, they steal their action. E.g - RID Steal plasmid as debate club. If I am right then what happens is plasmid's action (trap) is blocked by my rid steal. So he appears in the night post (NP) as RID stolen from (which is the same as being blocked). Then I have a trap in my arsenal that I can use on any later date (not the same night I stole).

If you correctly steal from someone who has a day action, they appear as blocked for the night but you still gain their action (e.g - vote manip).

I will expand on the rules and guidelines when we make the new thread for the game. Also, there is no limit to how many questions you can ask. Hosts run their games differently so there is no shame in asking multiple questions to clarify things. :)

Not to nitpick, but debate club is Yes or No question, and Prom Committee is trap... :P

any room for a late entry?

I just found out about this site, I take it Im to late for this game? :(

I'm not sure that plasmid is taking the last spot but you might consider signing up as a backup. There seems to be a tendency for people to. . . disappear. . .