BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Newbie Mafia

Hirkala

Then what would happen in a case that, Lucy is lynched and is the first sibling to die, but it was the player, who is Edmund, was the first player to vote for he?

Well, that sucks for Edmund. WinCon requires him to commit suicide. :lol:

In that case, it will be the first person to vote that isn't Edmund and is still on Lucy (or Peter or Susan) when she's lynched.

What does it mean that the NK is not blocking. Also, who takes the blame if the first of Edmund's siblings is killed by a redirected attack? Also, does broadcast always go through? Can the broadcast be blocked? Can the NK be blocked?

Edit: Also, if the first of Edmund's siblings is killed at night, will he be informed?

Edited by Morningstar

:blink: *Takes deep breath* OK. Here we go.

What does it mean that the NK is not blocking.

If a player is killed, their action will still go through. Wow. I just realized how messed up the OOP/OOA is. That will be fixed shortly. . .

Also, who takes the blame if the first of Edmund's siblings is killed by a redirected attack?

The Redirector.

Also, does broadcast always go through? Can the broadcast be blocked? Can the NK be blocked?

I will let you know when I fix the OOP/OOA

Also, if the first of Edmund's siblings is killed at night, will he be informed?

Yes.

Does the blocker change the broadcast if the broadcast was blocked?

Not quite sure I understand this one but the blocker cannot change the contents of the broadcast as the blocker only enters a player's name.

My suggestion would be that the broadcast should be at the top of OOA and the only thing stopping it would be a Kill and only it the cast is in the day post following the caster's death... Meaning, not block-able and not redirect-able...

• Upvote 1

Yodell- I'm trying to keep the NK nonblocking so the only thing that will stop the broadcast is a block. Redirects will not stop it.

Morningstar- If you're about to be lynched, you might as well say anything you have to say in the thread since everyone will know who you are once lynched. RIDs cannot be blocked/redirected/etc.

OOA/OOP: RID Kill>RID Kill>>RID Recruit>>Redirect>Redirect>Block (if recruited)>Block>Save>NK>>Spy

>> means it happens in that order regardless of who targets who. RID kills>>recruit>>redirects/blocks/save/NK>>spy.

> means it happens at the same time. RID kills happen together and redirects/blocks/save/NK happen together.

Rules:

1. In the event that the White Witch dies, the NK will pass to Maugrim, then Ginarrbrik.

2. The NK is not blocking. e.g. If the White Witch NKs Edmund (after recruited), Edmund's target will still be blocked.

3. The following will appear in the night post only if successful: RID Kills, NKs, Blocks, and Saves. Blocks will fail if the target does not act at night. Baddie block will fail if he targets the same player as Edmund (because Edmund's block will go through first) Redirects and Spies will not appear regardless of success or failure.

4. Redirected players will be informed that they have been redirected but will not be told to whom they were redirected.

5. If Edmund is targeted for the NK, Aslan will die in his place (bodyguard) and Aslan's role will be revealed. Edmund will become a goodie. Edmund cannot die in the next cycle.

6. Edmund will be notified if recruited. Edmund's recruit will be publicly declared in the night post.

7. Aslan's broadcast ability may be used once per cycle in either the day or night post. A 250 character limit (not including spaces) will be enforced. The broadcast can be blocked. Broadcast messages in the night post will not be clearly marked but they may be hinted at.

8. Edmund will be informed if the first sibling is NKed but will not be told the specific role. If the first of Edmund's siblings is lynched (as opposed to NKed), the first player to vote for the sibling of those who are still voting for the sibling will be held accountable for said sibling's death. If the sibling is killed as a result of a redirected kill, the redirector will be held accountable.
Edited by Thalia

Hehehehe...... Thal and Flame know who. And trust me, at this point, you don't WANT to know him. *shudder* He used to be in my Warning to the Noobs speech, if you really want to know.

I've always wondered if he's alternatively or continuously like this ... I'm now inclined to believe the latter ;)

I've always wondered if he's alternatively or continuously like this ... I'm now inclined to believe the latter ;)

Wow. . . Somehow missed this the first time. . . Yeah. Games with him can get rather. . . interesting. Especially if he can broadcast (which nearly gave me a heart attack last time. "Thalia reports". . . That just sounds creepy. Like a "we're watching you". Which might have been the point now that I think about it. . .). He'll make you question your sanity if you haven't already lost it but at the same time, those games have had some of the most entertaining moments.

And now, for a different topic, Edmund's (secondary) WinCon has been revised:

Primary: RID Kill 1st sibling dead's killer (or vote for them if the killer is lynched)

Secondary: RID (not RID Kill) 3 siblings and the White Witch

Indy achieving WinCon does not end game.

Hosts: Thalia and flamebirde with MiKi supervising

Please include time zones if you don't mind.

Players:

1. mewminator (only if mafia starts june 14 or later)

2. Cavenglok EDT

3. MikeD GMT+3

4. gvg EDT

5. Brainy EDT

6. TheCube EDT

10. yodell GMT+2 (EEST)

Backups:

1. tolecnal EDT? Please confirm.

Mentors:

1. Aaryan EDT

2. MiKi CDT

3. Hidden G GMT +3 (daylight saving :P )

Maybe if I bring the roster back to the front, more people will sign up. :blink:

Players:

2. Cavenglok EDT

3. MikeD GMT+3

4. gvg EDT

5. Brainy EDT

6. TheCube EDT

10. yodell GMT+2 (EEST)

Backups:

Mentors:

1. Aaryan EDT

2. MiKi CDT

All right then, we talked it over in the host PM and we decided to open this mafia to more advanced players. So if anyone at all wants to join, feel free to do so. Here's the roster:

Woot, count me in, it's been about 6 months? XD So I've prbly lost what little skill I had gained :)

Players:

2. Cavenglok EDT

3. MikeD GMT+3

4. gvg EDT

5. Brainy EDT

6. TheCube EDT

7. mboon CST (GMT -6)

10. yodell GMT+2 (EEST)

Backups:

Mentors:

1. Aaryan EDT

2. MiKi CDT

All right then, we talked it over in the host PM and we decided to open this mafia to more advanced players. So if anyone at all wants to join, feel free to do so.

But please remember that this is a TMM so try not to mess with the newbies too badly. . .

• Upvote 2

Players:

2. Cavenglok EDT

3. MikeD GMT+3

4. gvg EDT

5. Brainy EDT

6. TheCube EDT

7. mboon CST (GMT -6)

8. marksmanjay EDT

10. yodell GMT+2 (EEST)

Backups:

Mentors:

1. Aaryan EDT

2. MiKi CDT

3. Hidden G GMT +3 (daylight saving )

Count me in! lol I signed up on Brainden forums just for mafia!

EDIT: forgot to include the backups and mentors spoiler

Edited by marksmanjay

Count me in! lol I signed up on Brainden forums just for mafia!

Welcome to the Den marksmanjay! Do you have a nickname you would prefer to go by?

@All- One more player. I'm going to do this a little differently than normal. Once we get the last player, I'm going to send out a group PM to everyone signed up to make sure you're all still here. I haven't seen a couple of you around here lately so this is my attempt at preventing mass inactivity. Once it is confirmed that we have enough players, I will send out the roles.