BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Newbie Mafia

Hirkala

This is the current plan for the game. Anyone have any last comments, suggestions, etc?

Goodies (WinCon: Eliminate Baddies)

Lucy Pevensie- save

Susan Pevensie- redirect

Peter Pevensie- RID kill

Aslan- indy RID Recruit, bodyguard, broadcast

Mr. Tumnus- vote manip

The Beavers- spy

Baddies- Have BTSC and Night Kill (WinCon: Majority)

The White Witch- NK carrier

Ginnarbrick- redirect

Maugrim- block

Indy (WinCon: RID kill the player responsible for killing first dead sibling. If that is not possible, survive until goodies or baddies win.)

Edmund Pevensie- RID kill, can trade for night or day immunity or spy; if recruited, RID kill becomes block, no immunity

OOA/OOP: RID Kill>RID Kill>>RID Recruit>>NK>>Redirect>Redirect>Block (if recruited)>Block>>Save>>Spy

>> means it happens in that order regardless of who targets who. RID kills>>recruit>>NK>>redirects/blocks>>save>>spy.

> means it happens at the same time. RID kills happen together and redirects/blocks happen together.

Rules:

1. In the event that the White Witch dies, the NK will pass to Maugrim, then Ginarrbrik.

2. The NK is not blocking.

3. The following will appear in the night post only if successful: RID Kills, NKs, Blocks, and Saves. Redirects and Spies will not appear regardless of success or failure.

4. Redirected players will be informed that they have been redirected but will not be told to whom they were redirected.

5. If Edmund is targeted for the NK, Aslan will die in his place (bodyguard) and Aslan's role will be revealed. Edmund will become a goodie. Edmund cannot die in the next cycle.

6. Edmund will be notified if recruited. Edmund's recruit will be publicly declared in the night post.

7. Aslan's broadcast ability may be used once per cycle in either the day or night post. A 250 character limit will be enforced.

8. If the first of Edmund's siblings is lynched (as opposed to NKed), the first player to vote for the sibling will be held accountable for said sibling's death.

Awesome! Sounds neat!!!

I don't mean for it to sound like I'm rushing you, because I'm not. When will we find our roles?

When the game begins I believe if I remember anything from my last mafias.

Also, along with Brainy, what does the broadcast ability do?

Awesome! Sounds neat!!!

I don't mean for it to sound like I'm rushing you, because I'm not. When will we find our roles?

Roles will go out when the roster fills up. It's possible that people will have to back out or there will be other complications so we wait until the game starts.

Also, what exactly can you do with the broadcast ability?

It means you can add a message to the day or night post. Could be serious. Could be just to say "Hey. I'm alive." Could be total BS if you have nothing to say but want to (like a certain someone I know).

• Upvote 1

It means you can add a message to the day or night post. Could be serious. Could be just to say "Hey. I'm alive." Could be total BS if you have nothing to say but want to (like a certain someone I know).

But why would you want to? (forgive me for being completely confused)

Also on the topic of broadcasting, I know that there's someone out there who likes putting stuff in just to confuse people. If you really want to get that crazy, the broadcast ability allows you to put suspicion on players without actually doing anything. You can completely screw up the game just by adding a few lines to the post. I've played in a game or two with He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named, and if that's what he's like normally, I never want to play a game with him if he's the broadcast. :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

Also on the topic of broadcasting, I know that there's someone out there who likes putting stuff in just to confuse people. If you really want to get that crazy, the broadcast ability allows you to put suspicion on players without actually doing anything. You can completely screw up the game just by adding a few lines to the post. I've played in a game or two with He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named, and if that's what he's like normally, I never want to play a game with him if he's the broadcast. :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

Either your talking about Voldemort and or I don't know who the heck He-Who-Must-Not=Be-Named is.

This is the current plan for the game. Anyone have any last comments, suggestions, etc?

Goodies (WinCon: Eliminate Baddies)

Lucy Pevensie- save

Susan Pevensie- redirect

Peter Pevensie- RID kill

Aslan- indy RID Recruit, bodyguard, broadcast

Mr. Tumnus- vote manip

The Beavers- spy

Baddies- Have BTSC and Night Kill (WinCon: Majority)

The White Witch- NK carrier

Ginnarbrick- redirect

Maugrim- block

Indy (WinCon: RID kill the player responsible for killing first dead sibling. If that is not possible, survive until goodies or baddies win.)

Edmund Pevensie- RID kill, can trade for night or day immunity or spy; if recruited, RID kill becomes block, no immunity

OOA/OOP: RID Kill>RID Kill>>RID Recruit>>NK>>Redirect>Redirect>Block (if recruited)>Block>>Save>>Spy

>> means it happens in that order regardless of who targets who. RID kills>>recruit>>NK>>redirects/blocks>>save>>spy.

> means it happens at the same time. RID kills happen together and redirects/blocks happen together.

Rules:

1. In the event that the White Witch dies, the NK will pass to Maugrim, then Ginarrbrik.

2. The NK is not blocking.

3. The following will appear in the night post only if successful: RID Kills, NKs, Blocks, and Saves. Redirects and Spies will not appear regardless of success or failure.

4. Redirected players will be informed that they have been redirected but will not be told to whom they were redirected.

5. If Edmund is targeted for the NK, Aslan will die in his place (bodyguard) and Aslan's role will be revealed. Edmund will become a goodie. Edmund cannot die in the next cycle.

6. Edmund will be notified if recruited. Edmund's recruit will be publicly declared in the night post.

7. Aslan's broadcast ability may be used once per cycle in either the day or night post. A 250 character limit will be enforced.

8. If the first of Edmund's siblings is lynched (as opposed to NKed), the first player to vote for the sibling will be held accountable for said sibling's death.

3 questions :

- can Edmund trade his RID Kill every cycle ? or is it one time deal ?

- would we know which part in the night or day post is the broadcast message and/or if there is one ?

- rule #8 - what do you mean by accountable ?

3 questions :

- can Edmund trade his RID Kill every cycle ? or is it one time deal ?

He can trade it every cycle but he will only be immune for either the day or the night. Not both. If that changes, I will let you know. :)

- would we know which part in the night or day post is the broadcast message and/or if there is one ?

Hmm. I'll have to think about that. It might be obvious depending on what the message is. I'll get back to you on that one.

- rule #8 - what do you mean by accountable ?

Let's say that Lucy is lynched and is the first of Edmund's siblings to die. Whoever was the first person to vote for her would be considered the one who is responsible for killing her. So if you were the first to vote for her, you would be Edmund's target. If Lucy was NKed, the carrier would be responsible and would be Edmund's WinCon target.

Then what would happen in a case that, Lucy is lynched and is the first sibling to die, but it was the player, who is Edmund, was the first player to vote for he?

Good one ;)

but I'm guessing that Edmund would not start a vote by himself ... or .. if he/she does.. and it happens to get his/her sibling killed (slim chances) then it would go to the next objective : survive !! :)

Edited by Yodell