Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

It Appears to be Over

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Aaryan

Aaryan

Superior Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1966 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:34 AM

I just logged in maybe 2 minutes ago. BrainDen's amazingly rich community is, to be blunt, gone. Somehow, we've lost everybody and everything. I'm one of them; I moved on from BD. There were those before me, those after me, and now, nobody's left. Sure, bona and plasmid fight valiantly, but our once-powerful empire has fallen. MM's fallen, too; hardly anybody left. There doesn't appear to be any chance at getting people back, unless we make some sort of amazing, drastic change. But I don't think that's going to happen. It's just...sad. I used to be in love with the site. So many senior players in the forums, so many riddles...Now it's gone.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, was my depressing opinion piece.

Back in Business. 

Are you intelligent? Of course you are. Do you love mind games? Of course you do? Join a Trainer's Manual Mafia in the Games today (well, once one opens up).

#2 Thalia

Thalia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2910 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:07 AM

Keep in mind that the site did crash and was down for quite a while. It will take a while to get back to where it was. As for MM, it is the holidays. . .

Come check out Mafia in the Games Forum
Trainer's Manual Mafia XII: Bugs Mafia is in signups
Other games:
The Green Glass Doors
Telephone

#3 rookie1ja

rookie1ja

• Site Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1341 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:49 PM

I would be thankful for any ideas (and for actions even more) to get more people on BD.

Anybody can help.

Are you a webmaster?

Do you have a blog?
Are you a regular contributor to other forums?
Do you have an account on myspace, facebook, twitter or any other social/community site?
Do you link your favorite sites on stumbleupon, digg, reddit, delicious or any other online bookmarking service?
Are you a teacher who gives his/her students brain teasers on your school's web site?
Are you a student who likes to discuss topics on school's web site or just chatting/talking to other students?
If you answered "YES" at least once, then you can help by linking BrainDen pages that you like on other sites where you participate.

There is also another simple way to recommend good content to your friends - click Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top of the page that you find interesting.
For instance, do you like our Optical Illusions?

rookie1ja (site admin)
Optical Illusions
Support BrainDen

"To start: Press any key... Where's the 'any' key?" - Homer Simpson

#4 flamebirde

flamebirde

the guy who lurks in the corners, posting useless stuff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1372 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 01:30 AM

True. sad, yet true. But we can't give up yet! While this site is still up, I will not lose hope! for more mafia! for puzzles! To restore BrainDen to it's previous glory!

Yes, I am in speech and debate.

Mafiosos and mafiosas of the world, unite! And then kill each other in a particularly tricky move that everyone suspects but never anticipates.

stand back. I'm going to apply logic.

Come join the battle against the Chromatic Witch! http://brainden.com/...nly-eat-orange/

The Coup of Rhotus still needs players!End the 2 year sign up phase! http://brainden.com/...-mafia-signups/

#5 tiger_lily111

tiger_lily111

Riddling Foodie Fool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1782 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:49 AM

I know I have seriously missed getting onto BD. Unfortunately life got really busy & my fun computer time has sunk to an all-time low. :(

(Doesn't help that I can't access from work anymore either. Or that all my creative ability has been sucked into the void of work so I haven't had anything worth riddle-writing about.)

Going to try & get back more often & find a few interesting things to riddle about though. :)

"There's no such thing as 'one, true way'; the only answers worth having are the ones you find for yourself; leave the world better than you found it. Love, freedom, and the chance to do some good -- they're the things worth living and dying for, and if you aren't willing to die for the things worth living for, you might as well turn in your membership in the human race." -- Diana Tregarde in Burning Water by Mercedes Lackey

#6 EDM

EDM

Smiley Queen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4238 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:11 PM

I seriously believe that this may have something to do with the 2012 Apocalypse prediction; it could also be because of the crash, but I've noticed it everywhere...particularly since last month - everything, everywhere, is slowing down...:(
I've been so busy (not to mention, I also fell ill...), that it's really getting to be difficult to come online & brainstorm, when I have to do that in college all the time...:(

Please Have a Look at The Board Guidelines... :) Before You Start Partying At The Site...Rules help out, here... :D :D :D
I'm The Smiley Queen Posted Image...Bow Down To My Smiley Smileyness!!! :P :D :D :D

#7 fabpig

fabpig

Prominent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2423 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 04:19 AM

I think you're wide of the mark with your last post, Li, but I'm so glad that you had the balls to mention what's happened. I'm guilty of non-attendance for the last few months, partly for personal reasons, but mainly because the "spark" (or whatever it was we had) is missing.  T_L, MoMa, Cubie, yourself  and myself all went missing/quiet at around the same time. Even PG seems to have been quiet for a while.  It just became sorta humourless - and  that's a big shame because I loved the banter (even if most of it was off-topic) especially the Yankee-bating.  There. That should evoke some reaction. fabpig@live.co.uk if you want to.

Oh, And has anybody heard from the boy MoMa? 

You must not think me necessarily foolish because I am facetious,  nor will I consider you necessarily wise because you are grave.  Sydney Smith.

#8 EDM

EDM

Smiley Queen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4238 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 05:05 PM

I wasn't off the mark; I merely implied it to be a humorous hint at the coincidence...;)

But yeah, that's how it's been...:(

btw, Merry Christmas, folks!!! Wake up & smell the riddles in the air!!! :D :D :D

Please Have a Look at The Board Guidelines... :) Before You Start Partying At The Site...Rules help out, here... :D :D :D
I'm The Smiley Queen Posted Image...Bow Down To My Smiley Smileyness!!! :P :D :D :D

#9 akaslickster

akaslickster

SLICK

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4854 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:36 PM

I must agree with Thalia's comment, however, a positive attitude along with maximum optimism will help more than feeling glum about the slump. Many times I will appear logged on all alone just to show that I can be more than just one of the 50 guests that appear present. It's a pity that thousands of emails were lost in the crash.  We could have urged them to return if we had communication. I should be spending more time here myself, but Mafia is not like it was years ago.  Riddles are not a habit like when I began here.  I expect a lull during these holidays so not a big worry.

I have a couple of ideas:

1. How about we organize cooperatively? Once or twice a week or more in the chat room or a thread to discuss possibilities or specific options in order to bring a crowd. It will be strictly volunteer discussion for maybe 1/2 hour sessions. There can be a group session for morning, for day and one for night  if enough people will help and volunteer. Time zones will allow attendance if we have multiple sessions. I can spare a half hour a week and maybe more. Once we come up with super ideas to share, we can get to work on executing them. This is like troubleshooting but it can't hurt the site.

2. Advertising as much as we can. I was taken in by a riddle that captured me and reeled me in here.  If we can gather the most addictive and exciting pieces of work from here that people will become interested in, We can make an attractive link while assuring them it is a completely free site.  Anyone who can help with slogans and mass advertising on respectable sites like Facebook will be a BIG HELP.  I think there is potential to get busy once again if we just organize, cooperate and keep our hopes up. We really need to WOW people before reeling them in.  No boring old riddles that means.  Take the best of everything we have and capitalize on it for special advertising amazement. If this can all become incorporated nicely and get people hooked, it should be a success.

As always, y'all can comment, agree or disagree but these are just my ideas. Perhaps someone has better ideas. IDK   :D

Edited by akaslickster, 29 December 2012 - 11:42 PM.

Posted ImageThe place where peace begins is within oneself. by Slick

#10 Molly Mae

Molly Mae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3188 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:31 PM

Sorry I disappeared.  I've been having some personal and medical issues.

A recipe for honey-pickled apples

Awards:

Bonanova Gold Star

Spoiler for Molly's Rules to Live By

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users