BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Mythological Mafia

My thoughts... There have been many accusations that Unreality is the new "invincible inspector" like KOP was. FIRST, I brought this up when we were working on the role, no one else cared... you know why? B/C it's not true. Unreality is 1/3 the strength of what KOP was... has anyone else even thought of that?

Too late to edit my post so allow me to contradict myself. Unreality is 1/3 the strength of the current Inspector. As compared to KOP... Unreality has about a 1/3 chance of spying a baddie, pretty much every day is about a 1/3 chance depending on how things go. So every other day Unreality gets a what... 2/3 chance of Spying a baddie? KOP had a 100% chance every other day. So my bad, Unreality is not 1/3 the strength of KOP, he is 2/3.

Also, I was thinking... why not make the special mafioso killing whatchamacallit (<--WOW! The spell check says it's a real word! :P ) thingy oapply to EVERYONE/ANYONE. Not just the Spy and the Inspector. now THAT would be fair (and quite interesting).

Edited by Brandonb

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ohh... epic story telling... i was on the edge of my seat.

oh, and for the QA that tryed to kill the bomb... real smart.

also, did anyone else notice the randomness of the news paper being called the onion? it might just be me but i think that its a clue... maybe CP, the first time i saw her picture i thought it was an onion. im probably wrong but thats just to throw that out there...

and what would that mean?

]

Unreality

Brandonb - UR stays just the way he is. He's 1/3 the power of the Inspector, so we all realize that the grounds of calling him "too powerful" is pretty unfounded, but we still get to continue to whine that he got to choose his role.

Frozen

Slick- Says that it went on too darn long to stop now and many pages. We should finish. Go innocents.

Twoaday -UR stays-make role less powerful for the rest of M-V

Y-san - UR stays, but it's *actually* PG using her secret Chameleon power...and PG gets the "Peter Petrelli" Power where she gets the abilities of anyone talks about her in their posts...;P

mekal-UR stays-make role less powerful for the rest of M-V

itachi -let the Host decide

cp -let the Host decide Just saw Trial at Nurenburg...and Michael Clayton.....good for mafia!

CL-UR stays-make role less powerful for the rest of M-V

dnae

nayana

dawh

pw0nzd -let the Host decide

GC

dusty

PG - UR dies along with me at the lynching and as our souls ascend to heaven they collide, mid-air, and fall back to earth into each other's body...resurrecting us in a "Freaky Friday" sort of way. Then, PG, as the all-knowing Uber-Spy PWNS THE GAME!!!!

tolecnal-UR stays-make role less powerful for the rest of M-V

rene

sinistral

Edit Don't ask me about UR because he was bad. No comments gosh dingit. <_<

Edited by akaslickster

oh my gawd! that was a lot to read. A lot of drama. I haven't seen this much drama in the other Mafia's. The whole Unreality thing, now dust under the rug. It happened, reduce his powers, keep going. That's my vote, and I believe that's the decision Frost made (too tired to go back and double check). Other than choosing his role, I don't see how he got any special leverage, and has played a good game thus far. A compromise though could include starting the Mafia VI sign-up now, while Mafia V is going, and start Mafia VI on the 10th as previously planned.

Hmmm...I had a lot more that I wanted to say, but sleep is clouding the brain. More Mafia dreams for me tonight...

Oh, by the way, I went to see Wall-E with my niece. It was sooo frickin cute and funny, but made me really sad too. Kinda Al Gore's documentary meets Toy Story, or something like that.

And PG, can I have some brownies for rising to advanced (I'm no longer a junior! Mommy, WOW, I'm a big kid now). Sorry, sleepiness makes me loopy.

Seeing as there is a discussion about me, I would like to proffer the following pair of pennies

Go back and check Mafia III (The one with me as the Inspector) again. I tried reasonably hard not to just come out and claim to be Inspector. No offense to anyone, but all the criticism pointed at me was unfair IMO (I am not saying this in my defense as I will explain later). The baddies were obviously angry (sour grapes) and UR got angry at me because I (somewhat inadvertently) stumbled on a loophole in the rules of the game. But for some reason, I was criticized for playing according to the rules. I had no problem with this criticism because I understood that I may have ruined the balance of that game (and paid for it with my life in the next game). I DO have a problem with everyone jumping on unreality because I know how it feels and I think unreality does not have to apologize for coming out as the Spy or for Frost confirming his Spyness.

I will however point out that unreality's actions have been relatively hypocritical (no offense intended UR, just couldn't find a more polite word). He first expressed unhappiness at me exploiting the Inspector loophole, then proceeded to patch it in a very clunky (IMO) fashion with the 'wipeout' and then picked the 'unpatched' Spy role and exploited it in much the same way. I think the exploitation was not unfair since everyone knew the rules ahead of time. I just think the whole series of events was a tad hypocritical.

edit: I think the wipeout is clunky because it costs the mafia their night kill and it artificially prevents the inspector from coming out with his role especially when everyone keeps pressurizing characters they suspect to reveal their roles which is something that might be crucial for a player to be able to do. It also prevents interesting tussles between two players claiming to be inspectors.

Bb, the Spy role is about twice as powerful as the Inspector role since knowing who is an innocent is just as crucial as knowing who is not (IMO). In addition, the spy PICKS who to get information about as opposed to the Inspector who doesn't.

Lastly, not that anyone should care what I think, but I thiink that you guys should finish this game. I am not convinced that the innocents will win since the GR and the QAs are still around. As long as they have manageable win conditions and can kill innocents (thereby assisting the mafia), I think the game is fun. Maybe UR's confirmed abilities can be reduced somehow (every other day sounds good to me).

Sorry if any of this is out of place or seems like spam.

Cheers!

--

Vig

Edited by kingofpain

ok...firstly....pls this is a request to all....stop posting things which are irrelevant...It is very difficult to read thru all the pages....lol I am tired reading all the stuff...The host should look into this matter..

ok. Let the host decide about UR..thats my opinion.

Great that the bomb liedetected PGs statement..we got a baddie :D

to all those who doubted me..

I cudnt log in hence cudnt contribute...I am an innocent and yes an imp one ;) I am reading every post and I am upto my job if u all r doubting me ;) no one would want me to die :P

Go Innocents Go!!!!

Unreality

Brandonb - UR stays just the way he is. He's 1/3 the power of the Inspector, so we all realize that the grounds of calling him "too powerful" is pretty unfounded, but we still get to continue to whine that he got to choose his role.

Frozen -let the Host decide

Slick- Says that it went on too darn long to stop now and many pages. We should finish. Go innocents.

Twoaday -UR stays-make role less powerful for the rest of M-V

Y-san - UR stays, but it's *actually* PG using her secret Chameleon power...and PG gets the "Peter Petrelli" Power where she gets the abilities of anyone talks about her in their posts...;P

mekal-UR stays-make role less powerful for the rest of M-V

itachi -let the Host decide

cp -let the Host decide Just saw Trial at Nurenburg...and Michael Clayton.....good for mafia!

CL-UR stays-make role less powerful for the rest of M-V

dnae

nayana -let the Host decide

dawh

pw0nzd -let the Host decide

GC

dusty

PG - UR dies along with me at the lynching and as our souls ascend to heaven they collide, mid-air, and fall back to earth into each other's body...resurrecting us in a "Freaky Friday" sort of way. Then, PG, as the all-knowing Uber-Spy PWNS THE GAME!!!!

tolecnal-UR stays-make role less powerful for the rest of M-V

rene

sinistral

Edited by frozen_in_fire

Great night post, Frost! Now I definitely want this game to continue. There is much to learn from last night's actions.

I'm surprised by Bb saying the Spy is not as powerful a role as the inspector - I agree with KOP that it is as important to find the identities of innocents as well as baddies.

To whoever proposed starting signup for M-VI now - I have to disagree. Even though waiting means I probably won't be able to play the next one, I believe a break between games is best for everyone. Please let me have one night without mafia dreams!

So....we pretty much know GC was a QA now, right? Since there were only 2 out-and-about last night.

But what about the lone mafioso/a comment? I don't agree with Y-san that it refers to Bb - the night PMs were all in before he skipped town. But what else could it be? Only 2 are dead - one mafia and one GC, who was killed by mafia and is likely a QA.

I do agree the QA who went after the bomb is probably a noob. Why would the QA's even want to off the bomb? I guess its someone who fears lie detection. So a noob who has declared innocence. Oh, too many posts to read for me to to try to hunt for that one. Any ideas?

Edited by Cherry Lane

Damnit! Now that stupid ditty is stuck in my head. Apologies for anyone else this happens to.

Just great! Now I have this urge to run out and buy some pull-ups! No brownies for you, Dusty!!!...unless you don't vote to lynch me today.

**Did I mention that they ae Ghirardeli? YUMMMMMMM!!** :D:D:D

Good Grief! That totally blows!

Great story though, Frost...I was biting my nails!

EDIT: Anyone who doesn't vote to lynch me today gets delicious gooey brownies overnighted to their home!

Yes pls - I'm never ever voted for you in any Mafia games

Couldn't help posting. Carry on with the game, so that I can start playing in the next game. All differences have been settled I guess, so really make a move on.

PG, where's my share of gooey Brownies. I really deserve it, you know. :P LIS can wait, serve me first. :D

OK, OK. No more posts from me. But start voting. :P

EDIT : Awesome spectacle, the opening of the Olympics. :D

Host: Frost

1) Unreality

2) Brandonb -

3) Frozen

4) Slick

5) TwoaDay- voting for puzzlegirl

6) Yoruichi-san

7) Taliesin

8) Itachi

9) CrazyPainter

10) Cherry Lane

11) Dnae

12) Nayana

13) Dawh

14) pw0nzd

15) GC - DEAD [?] Killed by Mafia

16) Dusty

17) Puzzlegirl

18) Tolecnal

19) Rene83-dead

20) Sinistral

sorry if i coded/wrote it wrong

OKAY, THIS IS THE ONLY STATEMENT i AM GOING TO MAKE IN MY DEFENSE BEFORE TODAY'S LYNCHING. YES, I AM A BADDIE. THAT IS CONFIRMED. I DON'T DENY IT. BUT I AM ALSO ONE OF THE MASKED LOVERS. YOU KILL ME TODAY AND YOU KILL ONE OF YOUR OWN! AND, YES, YOU CAN LIE DETECT THAT.

ooops, sorry for the caps lock.

I have no idea who my other lover is, but do you really want to chance losing your Doctor, Healer, Ninja, Spy & the many other important roles that you need?

With that said, I should also mention, without totally giving away my role, that I am not the most important fish to fry at this point for the innocents. If you have any clue at all who could be a more dire threat to you then you can always off me tonight or at the next lynching.

Anyhow... that's all I've got. Well, that and the BROWNIES!!!!Which I will totally make good on, btw! :D

Regardless, I am prepared for the outcome of todays vote: I've told my family I love them, forgiven any grievances, made my peace with God, ate a tasty breakfast and kissed my unknown lover goodbye. :wub: Do with me what you will. **bows in submission**

EDIT: Grammar and spelling

Edited by puzzlegirl

actually i cant lie detect that, since i cant detect in the day or two nights in a row, so you could very easily be totally making that up because the real baddie masked lover does not want to give themselves away, and noone can prove you either way, the only way i see for you to live is if the inspector comes out with a better pick

okay... sorry to again get an argument with you Itachi, but I see what you mean. It was wrong of me. I'm a very defensive and get very angry when people come after me like this, so it takes a lot of effort to control my automatic argumental defensiveness and post this, so I'll just say it quickly

I screwed up

sorry guys. I let you down. All of you. I was an a**hole in this game, specifically to CP and Itachi and... everyone, by thinking I was better and picking my own role.

I truly regret it now.

I hope I can play Mafia V 2.0 with you guys, but if you don't want me to play, I totally understand. I would still like to host Mafia VI, if that's alright with everyone

:(

sorry

So here i go at a ghost post. I am rather upset that UR was able to pick his role. That only makes me feel like I was seriously targeted for being new. Myabe I'm being too sensitive or maybe it's PMS but I was under the impression that NOONE was able to pick their roles. I am in favor of starting over so I may have a pleasant experience with Mafia

With that said, I should also mention, without totally giving away my role, that I am not the most important fish to fry at this point for the innocents. If you have any clue at all who could be a more dire threat to you then you can always off me tonight or at the next lynching.

OK, PG, I'm open to suggestions. Propose another name and a valid reason why that person is more deserving of a lynch vote.

actually i cant lie detect that, since i cant detect in the day or two nights in a row, so you could very easily be totally making that up because the real baddie masked lover does not want to give themselves away, and noone can prove you either way, the only way i see for you to live is if the inspector comes out with a better pick

Understood. I know that it makes no sense to believe me now since I so blatantly lied before, but what did you expect me to say when you put the pressure on? Has anyone in the history of Mafia ever come out and said publically they are a baddie? And I see how suspiciously convenient it is that I am the Masked Lover, but when exactly should I have come out with that information?? Maybe I'm not the best at strategy...and obviously I am not the best liar, so I guess you'll just have to decide among yourselves if you're willing to chance that I'm telling the truth. It is unfortunate, for me especially, that you are not able to lie detect my statement. But if you let me live today, you can always lie detect me later and burn me at the stake the very next chance you get.

Meanwhile, my kitchen is starting to fill with the mouthwatering aroma of the most scruptious brownies you can ever imagine!

And, I'm out for the next 5 hours or so. I'm taking my kids bowling and to lunch today...then back home for BROWNIES!!! I'll check back in later this afternoon.

WOW! that was a lot of reading..

First of all I want to thank CL for sticking up for me at the start when I was going to be killed of for not been active. I was away on work where there was no Internet. I had made this clear I would not be able to be online to I return on the 8th, and was under the impression that the game wasn't going to start until the 10th. If I had known I wouldn't of put my name down for Mafia V.

Thanks for Mekal for stepping in for me which I was unable to contribute to the game.

A few points I would like to make is the number of "off topic" make it really hard to track/catch up what is going on in the Mafia world. May I suggest in future round avoid off posts, or even to the point where Votes/Story in one thread and the defense/attack in another.

On the recent occurance with UR and the Spy role, I would like to throw in my opions. First of all I dont think the Spy is a super power, the learn one identity per day. The game will be long over before they learn most of the identities. I dont think It should be changed.

UR I think deserves the right to pick a role for himself, he has taken time to host 4 games for us all ( only 1 for me been a recent joiner) and in doing so has not had a chance to take part in the actaion, and has had to stand on the sideline and watch. I think he has dont a good job, and I believe he deserves the right. As you can see he hasn't taken it too far and chosen a super role, he has made a good choice picking a middle role, and has NOT abused the privledge.

The fact he anounced the role so soon in the game doesn't really hold so much power. He only knows the identitiy on one baddy, and is using skills and knowlegde of the game to "con" others to voting with him. Good job UR.

I do not believe that he should be kicked out, after all he is just playing the game, he can still be targetted, and killed off by the bad guys. I think the outcome would have been different if, as UR said himself, he was challenged. No one really questioned UR of 2day about the roles of Bomb and Spy. Mafia's should have come out and said they were the Spy as well.

I dont see any problem with Frost PM'ing UR, as long as the PM's dont reveal anything about the roles/situation of the game. This is Frosts first day of been the "Dungeon Master" ( you remind me of a DM:P), or host as you like to call it. He should be able to ask help from experianced DM, UR for example, for suggestions on how to keep it a balanced battlefield (when consering how much information to give away in the night/day posts) and how to keep it going smothly. Good Job Frost.

As I said earlier I dont think the Spy should be changed, however I have a rule to prevent the Doctors/Healers keeping roles like this alive continiously (which I think would even Up the odds in cases when protectiors can keep key players alive indefinatly.

I suggest that if a protected goodey is targeted, they are healed. If they are targeted by 2 factions, the first hurts the goodey then the Doctor heals him. Then the second baddy kills the Doctor. If 3 factions attack the same guy both protector and goody die (unless there are 2 protectors in which case both die). I think this wold allow the badies to remove key protected players at the cost of having most inconents alive in the next "daytime vote of death". Any feedback on this would be encoraged?

Also I would like to commend all which are playing, everyone is doing a fine job especially at the first vote, votes were based on suspecisions and not on previous games, and grudges against other players. :D

Anyways since I am no long involved in this games ( I wish I knew that before reading 87 pages of posts its takin me all evening), I will say good luck to all ( especially to Mekal) in kicking the mafia's out of our town, Ill keep coming back to this thread to follow progress and to see who everyone turns out to be. Im curious now!

Enjoy! :P

edit: chaged colour!

Edited by taliesin