BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Mythological Mafia

Thanks for Mekal for stepping in for me which I was unable to contribute to the game.

Anyways since I am no long involved in this games ( I wish I knew that before reading 87 pages of posts its takin me all evening), I will say good luck to all ( especially to Mekal) in kicking the mafia's out of our town, Ill keep coming back to this thread to follow progress and to see who everyone turns out to be. Im curious now!

Welcome back, taliesin. Sorry you had so much reading to do. This thread really does get out of control.

Since you just read everything, you are more attuned to what happened 60+/-20 pages ago than I am, but I was under the impression Mekal was a temporary replacement for you, and you would return when you, well, returned. Which is now. Was I wrong?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, PG, I'm open to suggestions. Propose another name and a valid reason why that person is more deserving of a lynch vote.

(assuming we're moving forward with the game in some fasion:)

Well, PG was on and didn't respond to this, so I guess I'll have to vote for her. ;)

But her defense is sound (not necessarily the ML thing, but the other part). While lynching a baddie is a good thing, it is important to remember there is a time and place for everyone. I don't know what kind of baddie PG is, but I suspect she's mafia (I thought that before her comment, but I don't remember why; maybe it was in a post somewhere). And what we need to focus on is eliminating the QAs. Why? because they are a more imminent threat to Innocent victory. Mafia need to kill of everyone else, QAs just need to get rid of one target. So they are always closer to victory. That's who we need to go after.

Unfortunately, I don't have much idea who the QAs are. Well, I have a little idea, but I'm not confident enough at this time to come out with it. If anyone else can propose/justify a name, I'd love to hear it.

edit: I really need to learn to type more accurately!

Edited by Cherry Lane

**Bringing up the current roster**

Host: Frost

1) Unreality -

2) Brandonb - voting for Puzzlegirl

3) Frozen -

4) Slick -

5) TwoaDay - voting for Puzzlegirl

6) Yoruichi-san -

7) Taliesin -

8) Itachi -

9) CrazyPainter -

10) Cherry Lane -

11) Dnae -

12) Nayana -

13) Dawh -

14) pw0nzd -

15) GC - DEAD [?] Killed by Mafia

16) Dusty -

17) Puzzlegirl -

18) Tolecnal -

19) Rene83 - DEAD - [Mafia]

20) Sinistral -

Well the thief did not act last night, (was Rene I guess?) so obviously if I am spied on today then it will reveal my true role. Since Unreality said that he was going to spy me today, can we get that taken care of? Or am I gonna have to wait till tomorrow to have that done? Obviously we have today's pick, so I don't really care which day it is. Though let me get this "Bb's a suspicious baddie-thing" cleared up.

Welcome back, taliesin. Sorry you had so much reading to do. This thread really does get out of control.

Since you just read everything, you are more attuned to what happened 60+/-20 pages ago than I am, but I was under the impression Mekal was a temporary replacement for you, and you would return when you, well, returned. Which is now. Was I wrong?

Thanks, it's good to be back. No more running around unknown Airports in the rain, and sleeping in uncormfortable motel beds :D

Not really.. I kind of skipped over everything once I was kicked out. Frost said Mekal was going to "probably be my permenant replacement

".. Plus I dont think it is right asking someone to step in for me and then asking them to leave.. I should have been more active in the game, and therefore are officially handing my place in the game to Mekal. *Taliesin taps a sword over both of Mekal's shoulders, and places the crown on top of his head*.
Edited by taliesin

Well the thief did not act last night, (was Rene I guess?) so obviously if I am spied on today then it will reveal my true role. Since Unreality said that he was going to spy me today, can we get that taken care of? Or am I gonna have to wait till tomorrow to have that done? Obviously we have today's pick, so I don't really care which day it is. Though let me get this "Bb's a suspicious baddie-thing" cleared up.

Well, has frost determined whether unreality has the ability to spy today?

And by the end of yesterday, he seemed less likely to spy on you than on some other suspects. I, for one, don't think you're the one he should use the ability on next.

Hmmm.....well, it's morning. I think we should continue with this game, it has been pretty good so far. I'm not 100% sure on whether unreality should have the same powers or not, but he isn't going to be killed off. I'll send the day PMs so we can get this day started(I see you guys have already started voting, keep it up :D). I'm around for a while, so I'll get back to you guys on unreality, though I would like to hear from him before we make a decision one way or another.

Hmmm.....well, it's morning. I think we should continue with this game, it has been pretty good so far. I'm not 100% sure on whether unreality should have the same powers or not, but he isn't going to be killed off. I'll send the day PMs so we can get this day started(I see you guys have already started voting, keep it up :D). I'm around for a while, so I'll get back to you guys on unreality, though I would like to hear from him before we make a decision one way or another.

Cool, sounds good.

BTW, can u give us the time-up for the 24hour day? It seems like it would-have needed to be extended b/c of all of the conversation about side-stuff. But then again, I think everyone knows who they are going to vote for so it really doesn't seem necessary to extend it, just leave it to end at the same time so we can still get some pre-night post talk in. Not to mention the Day PMs.

OKAY, THIS IS THE ONLY STATEMENT i AM GOING TO MAKE IN MY DEFENSE BEFORE TODAY'S LYNCHING. YES, I AM A BADDIE. THAT IS CONFIRMED. I DON'T DENY IT. BUT I AM ALSO ONE OF THE MASKED LOVERS. YOU KILL ME TODAY AND YOU KILL ONE OF YOUR OWN! AND, YES, YOU CAN LIE DETECT THAT.

Ok, that's a really good defense. Damn you! I thought this lynch would be easy. So, if you aren't the masked lover, will the other baddie step out (which I don't think they will-it would id them as a baddie, but then you would be lynched today for sure, and they would have another night to do bad). So, as of right now, I am officially off the PG bandwagon, and waiting for my brownies. I will read through the night post again, looking for info.

BTW, can u give us the time-up for the 24hour day?

I typed "also, " in my previous post, intending to ask that same question, but then completely forgot the question and had an also left hanging. Thank you for reading my mind and asking the question. And I do not agree that everyone has already decided who to lynch. PG threw a monkey wrench into the works.

Cool, sounds good.

BTW, can u give us the time-up for the 24hour day? It seems like it would-have needed to be extended b/c of all of the conversation about side-stuff. But then again, I think everyone knows who they are going to vote for so it really doesn't seem necessary to extend it, just leave it to end at the same time so we can still get some pre-night post talk in. Not to mention the Day PMs.

It'll probably end when it should so I can be on at the time, unless you guys want an extra long day again. :D

It'll probably end when it should so I can be on at the time, unless you guys want an extra long day again. :D

I don't see the reason for an extra long day. But when is the usual time for it to end?

Too late to edit my post so allow me to contradict myself. Unreality is 1/3 the strength of the current Inspector. As compared to KOP... Unreality has about a 1/3 chance of spying a baddie, pretty much every day is about a 1/3 chance depending on how things go. So every other day Unreality gets a what... 2/3 chance of Spying a baddie? KOP had a 100% chance every other day. So my bad, Unreality is not 1/3 the strength of KOP, he is 2/3.

Also, I was thinking... why not make the special mafioso killing whatchamacallit (<--WOW! The spell check says it's a real word! :P ) thingy oapply to EVERYONE/ANYONE. Not just the Spy and the Inspector. now THAT would be fair (and quite interesting).

ok, this all makes no sense, especially from you Bb. the invincible Spy is a powerhouse and if you don't see it then there are only 3 options:

1) you are setting a trap for people to disagree with you

2) you are a baddie and trying to look as innocent as possible

3) you actually don't get it. so I'll explain it to you and/or others: the Spy (spying everyday) is more powerful than the Detective. The Spy can spy on whoever they want! the Inspector could be pmd the id of a dead person. sure, that does help, but it is far less important than a living identity and innocence is almost as important as baddie ID. Also, now everyone knows unreality is the Spy -and partly due to out of game discussion. He will get automatic protection each night making him invincible. I don't see how the baddies can possibly win if this continues, especially if there are 3 or even 4 saving roles left... lastly, this was all based on a breaking of game rules of random selection.

so, here's what I'm thinking:

1)if unreality's role isn't changed then I will not play because I think that was weak, breaking a rule, and giving the Innocents a huge advantage. IMO the game would be pointless and too unfair to continue.

2)IMO the innocents who think unreality should stay the same are only thinking of winning and not of fairness

3)IMO the baddies don't want to agree with me for fear they will get outed (reasonable, but I bet they do agree)

4)I propose unreality gets to Spy every other day (whether he skips today or not is up to Frost[as is everything, this is just my opinion]) not only that, but i think there should be a rule added: special Spy wipeout for Mafia, GR and QAs working together or the last QA.

I'm not interested in playing an unfair game. and since you are it only makes you more suspicious in my book. i'm leaning towards you being bad and trying to look good. :P

edit: i just saw your post unreality. sorry about coming down on you and this is not personal at all.

are we actually gonna let PG manipulate us?

Lynch PG!!!! And thanks Bb and Taliesin for your kind words, but everyone else is anti-UR, so I should die in today's post, or leave Pengville cuz I don't like snow or something :P

I really think we should reconsider just going after PG. Her masked lover could be an important innocent.

Edit: and no, everyone isn't anti-UR. I'm not! I don't think you should die!

Edited by dusty_b109

This isn't a debate: I WILL be killed off in the day post. It's only fair. I let you guys down- though if it hadn't've been brought up in the thread (cough Bb cough ;D) that I had picked my role, none of this would've happened and it would've been fine. PLus if the Mafia had acted intelligently.

anyway, that doesn't matter more, since we had an out-of-game discussion confirmed by Frost that I was the Spy, so I MUST be killed off today. Remember what I told you about hosting, Frost- you have to make the right hosting decisions. My character should die

ok, this all makes no sense, especially from you Bb. the invincible Spy is a powerhouse and if you don't see it then there are only 3 options:

1) you are setting a trap for people to disagree with you

2) you are a baddie and trying to look as innocent as possible

3) you actually don't get it. so I'll explain it to you and/or others: the Spy (spying everyday) is more powerful than the Detective. The Spy can spy on whoever they want! the Inspector could be pmd the id of a dead person. sure, that does help, but it is far less important than a living identity and innocence is almost as important as baddie ID. Also, now everyone knows unreality is the Spy -and partly due to out of game discussion. He will get automatic protection each night making him invincible. I don't see how the baddies can possibly win if this continues, especially if there are 3 or even 4 saving roles left... lastly, this was all based on a breaking of game rules of random selection.

so, here's what I'm thinking:

1)if unreality's role isn't changed then I will not play because I think that was weak, breaking a rule, and giving the Innocents a huge advantage. IMO the game would be pointless and too unfair to continue.

2)IMO the innocents who think unreality should stay the same are only thinking of winning and not of fairness

3)IMO the baddies don't want to agree with me for fear they will get outed (reasonable, but I bet they do agree)

4)I propose unreality gets to Spy every other day (whether he skips today or not is up to Frost[as is everything, this is just my opinion]) not only that, but i think there should be a rule added: special Spy wipeout for Mafia, GR and QAs working together or the last QA.

I'm not interested in playing an unfair game. and since you are it only makes you more suspicious in my book. i'm leaning towards you being bad and trying to look good. :P

edit: i just saw your post unreality. sorry about coming down on you and this is not personal at all.

If you guys don't want unreality in the game then why don't you lynch him instead of complaining. If enough people vote for him he's out. Otherwise he gets to keep playing.

That and we can all have some of PG's brownies :D

And Shaman, yeah, should of listened to me about waiting on the Aurora...;P

This statement confuses me. Why should the Shaman have waited? Sure, Y-s was saved by the healer, but Itachi would have died (unless he's the Ninja, but that's in no way confirmed/suspected.) And since he was targeted by the Mafia, that means he's not mafia, and it seemed to be concurrent with the GR's fight with Y-s and the QA, so he's probably not GR either. He could still be a QA, but I didn't see anything to identify him as any role other than the Psychopath, but that's not in this game. :P;) If the Shaman hadn't saved Itachi tonight, he/she probably would have waited for the fourth night to use the ability so that the Ninja can get a kill on the third, and we all know how likely it is for any one particular player (or the entire game ;) ) to get to the fourth night alive.

Puzzlegirl is claiming to be the baddie Masked Lover and it could be another bluff on her part. However, if we can find another target I'd be more comfortable since the Ninja can always finish the job tonight without the risk of losing an innocent during the lynch today. So I'll wait for others to comment before voting for PG.

As for the whole UR thing, I have no strong opinion either way. I was kind of in and out last night, so while I read the discussion, I didn't have time to comment. I'm posting that in the sign-up thread so as not to clutter this one. I will say that I don't think that this one mistake on his part warrants execution. :o He has done an excellent job as host previously, he just got a little carried away as an actual player. I do think he should have second chance. (Or at least be able to spy one last time before he dies so that the Innocents can win! :lol:B));):P jk)

And Shaman, yeah, should of listened to me about waiting on the Aurora...;P

This statement confuses me. Why should the Shaman have waited? Sure, Y-s was saved by the healer, but Itachi would have died (unless he's the Ninja, but that's in no way confirmed/suspected.) And since he was targeted by the Mafia, that means he's not mafia, and it seemed to be concurrent with the GR's fight with Y-s and the QA, so he's probably not GR either. He could still be a QA, but I didn't see anything to identify him as any role other than the Psychopath, but that's not in this game. :P;) If the Shaman hadn't saved Itachi tonight, he/she probably would have waited for the fourth night to use the ability so that the Ninja can get a kill on the third, and we all know how likely it is for any one particular player (or the entire game ;) ) to get to the fourth night alive.

Thanks, dawh, for reminding me I wanted to comment on this statement, too. I believe Y-san's original argument for having the Shaman wait until night 4 to use the aurora was that on night 2 the baddies are still likely to be targeting each other. I didn't see a lot of that happening, so why did Y-san make the above comment? I thought it was an appropriate use of aurora.

Here's an idea: we lynch a baddie today, and tonight the ninja can go after PG, a confirmed baddie/mafioso. That way, we don't lose an innocent during the lynching.

Yes, I have proposed doing that. The challenge is to find someone else that we can agree is a baddie.

Edited by Cherry Lane