BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Mythological Mafia

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To whoever proposed starting signup for M-VI now - I have to disagree. Even though waiting means I probably won't be able to play the next one, I believe a break between games is best for everyone. Please let me have one night without mafia dreams!

I agree with Cherry Lane that Mafia VI should wait, but for slightly different reasons. I'm sure there are a few changes that people want to discuss about roles in the game (the Spy being an obvious example,) but people probably don't want to comment while the game is in session. So people will want to finish the game and then bring the ideas to the discussion thread before the next game begins. Hmm, that sounds a little redundant. :P

Plus, a breather might be a good idea to let tempers and arguments cool down.

Back on the topic specifically of Mafia V, maybe the Mafioso that went after Itachi was alone because Y-s was the other mafioso and was busy fending off QAs and GRs. Then her statement would make sense because the baddies were offing each other last night ( ;):P jk since there's nothing to back that up that I saw.)

how about PG spills the beans and coughs up a name for us, I check it as the Spy (if I still get my power today), and we lynch that person if they're a baddie and then go after PG tonight with the Ninja. Otherwise, we lynch PG

Why would she do that? She dies anyway. I already asked her to provide a name, and she ignored the post.

I agree with Cherry Lane that Mafia VI should wait, but for slightly different reasons. I'm sure there are a few changes that people want to discuss about roles in the game (the Spy being an obvious example,) but people probably don't want to comment while the game is in session.

Yeah, there's that, too. I definitely have other things to say about the construct of this game (to improve the next one) that I can't say without giving away my role

Back on the topic specifically of Mafia V, maybe the Mafioso that went after Itachi was alone because Y-s was the other mafioso and was busy fending off QAs and GRs. Then her statement would make sense because the baddies were offing each other last night ( ;):P jk since there's nothing to back that up that I saw.)

Not only is there nothing to back it up, but the mafia often hires out the killing (well, the host hires one for them ;) ) so there's no need for the actual mafia to go visit the target.

Edited by Cherry Lane

Going along what people were saying about the QA targeting the Bomb being a newbie, it might be a good idea to look more into tolecnal and sinistral then. We've got some mafia, but no QA's yet.

well, you know GC was not the healer....but how do you know he wasn't the inspector?

didn't unreality ask TwoaDay to say whether or not GC was the inspector? And TwoaDay said GC was not the inspector

so GC was a QA, the Inuit, the Janitor or the Penguin

I ruled out Inuit and Penguin, because he hated the cold in the "I'm tired of all this snow". I ruled out QA because there were three in the last post: one for the bomb and two for Yurichi.

my suspicion that he was the Janitor was probably correct then... since there has been no Janitor activity.

edit: though I think he saved someone on the first night, specifically me. I don't have any proof, just a gut feeling based off something he said in the signup thread ;D lol

Edited by unreality

2D confirmed... and oh yeah, he can't be Healer either
oh yeah, I forgot you asked 2D.

I ruled out Inuit and Penguin, because he hated the cold in the "I'm tired of all this snow". I ruled out QA because there were three in the last post: one for the bomb and two for Yurichi.
no, there were only 2 QAs. One targeted Y-san and the other targeted 2D. the other character at Y-san's was the GR.

I agree with your view on inuit and penguin

my suspicion that he was the Janitor was probably correct then... since there has been no Janitor activity.

edit: though I think he saved someone on the first night, specifically me. I don't have any proof, just a gut feeling based off something he said in the signup thread ;D lol

There was no janitor action in M-IV either, remember? And how do you explain the absence of the third QA last night?

Edited by Cherry Lane

The QA thing wasn't clear. If there had been two QAs targeting Y-s last night, they should have at least met up, which wasn't mentioned. Y-s interpreted it (I think correctly) to mean that a different QA targeted her last night. The first one dropped the badge in the snow on the first night.

Maybe the QA badge is still there. Y-s should go find it and get it dusted for fingerprints! :lol::D

edit: grass to snow...this is Pengville after all! :P

Edited by dawh

oh yeah, I forgot you asked 2D.

no, there were only 2 QAs. One targeted Y-san and the other targeted 2D. the other character at Y-san's was the GR.

I agree with your view on inuit and penguin

But the QA at Y-san's saw that another QA had been there, and QA's can only target one person a night.

The QA thing wasn't clear. If there had been two QAs targeting Y-s last night, they should have at least met up, which wasn't mentioned. Y-s interpreted it (I think correctly) to mean that a different QA targeted her last night. The first one dropped the badge in the grass on the first night.

Maybe the QA badge is still there. Y-s should go find it and get it dusted for fingerprints! :lol::D

ooh, good point.

Edit: but then wouldn't the pin have been buried in the snow. Remember, it's been snowing a lot, and was windy.

Edited by dusty_b109

Host: Frost

1) Unreality - voting for Puzzlegirl

2) Brandonb - voting for Puzzlegirl

3) Frozen -

4) Slick -

5) TwoaDay - voting for Puzzlegirl

6) Yoruichi-san -

7) Taliesin -

8) Itachi -

9) CrazyPainter -

10) Cherry Lane -

11) Dnae -

12) Nayana -

13) Dawh -

14) pw0nzd -

15) GC - DEAD [?] Killed by Mafia

16) Dusty -

17) Puzzlegirl -

18) Tolecnal -

19) Rene83 - DEAD [Mafia]

20) Sinistral -

**yawn**

Just read through 20 pgs. I am not quite awake yet so I dont think it all is computing.

Someone wanted to know who the newbies were/are. This is my 2nd time playing a game of this kind.

So color me newbie. I tried playing at age 17 (1988) but it went so bad you cant call that playing.

Unskilled DM.

I have yet to decide who I will vote for. Most likely I will wait till I return from todays chores. Oh and I am seeing

the movie The Dark Night too. The more I think of it, I know who I will vote for.

3) Frozen -

4) Slick -

6) Yoruichi-san -

7) Taliesin -

8) Itachi -

9) CrazyPainter - voting for Puzzlegirl

10) Cherry Lane -

11) Dnae -

12) Nayana -

13) Dawh -

14) pw0nzd -

16) Dusty -

17) Puzzlegirl -

18) Tolecnal -

20) Sinistral -

I am voting for PG (no hard feelings) because we know she is a baddie and UR said he was going to die anyways.

There has been talk of unfairness because the innocents have the upper hand. If the other masked lover dies,

be it me or not, that will help even out the playing field.

3) Frozen -

4) Slick -

6) Yoruichi-san -

7) Taliesin -

8) Itachi -

9) CrazyPainter - voting for Puzzlegirl

10) Cherry Lane -

11) Dnae -

12) Nayana -

13) Dawh -

14) pw0nzd - voting for free brownies

16) Dusty -

17) Puzzlegirl -

18) Tolecnal -

20) Sinistral -

I'm hungry

Edited by pw0nzd

In post #450, CP says: "Why do I think [Rene] is innocent? Gut feelings."

Which could be true, but then Rene turning out to be a Mafioso, CP could have been trying in part to save her. I know it's not a common occurrence for Mafioso's to defend other Mafioso's in previous Mafia's, but the first lynching would be a good place for that since no one knows who anyone else is.

And then she is just jumping on the bandwagon for Puzzlegirl's lynching, because this would be a bad time to defend her if you are a Mafioso.

Just some thoughts.