BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Mythological Mafia

Unreality actually made a comment (though I think it was in the mafiosa forum) that for M-V all the roles should be random. Guess that plan didn't last long...

Yes, I thought our roles were chosen at random. What's up with UR choosing his own role??

He also made a post in the other forum saying that he'd been talking to Frost (since the game started.) Isn't it a HUGE rule that we are not to PM anyone else involved in the game? I would think communication with the host would be even more forbidden (except for the necessary PMs regarding your role.)

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unreality actually made a comment (though I think it was in the mafiosa forum) that for M-V all the roles should be random. Guess that plan didn't last long...

not only that, but I've been thinking about this now and I'm a bit peeved. So unreality picks Spy (that's pretty much given now). Then comes out with it instantly. This is the exact thing he complained about in Mafia 3 when KOP took advantage of the Inspector role and came out with it instantly and got full protection and the baddies got routed (i was one of them so i remember well). I can't believe you did this unreality. The game is basically already decided... Sure I'm on the winning side, but now it's lost A LOT of fun (for me at least).

unreality is an invincible Spy and the baddies are all screwed to sum up the current situation. Sure a few Innocents will probably die from now till the end, but the chances of the Baddies winning is now practically zero... I'm really really not into this right now.

:D Yeah, well...

He also made a post in the other forum saying that he'd been talking to Frost (since the game started.) Isn't it a HUGE rule that we are not to PM anyone else involved in the game? I would think communication with the host would be even more forbidden (except for the necessary PMs regarding your role.)

Not much is going as planned.

We were to start on the 10th,

Seems as though Unreality is acting as host,

We are told not to sign up unless we can commit

to the game yet, all these folks take vacation.

Nothing is as it seems~~~~~~;)

Is this part of some strategy?

Reminds me of something familiar and unpleasant,

politics. ha ha

edit: added quote

Edited by crazypainter

Yes, I thought our roles were chosen at random. What's up with UR choosing his own role??

um... actually, Being able to PM the host( based on my mafia IV experience) is very helpful, you can ask specific questions about your role without looking suspisious, it keeps the game running very smoothly... so i cant agree with you there.

EDIT: not that i like UR picking his own role... i guess its a challenge for the baddies.

EDIT2: mabey it should be a rule in M VI that once the inspector or spy is reveled they cant be saved by a doctor or healer

Edited by Mekal

um... actually, Being able to PM the host( based on my mafia IV experience) is very helpful, you can ask specific questions about your role without looking suspisious, it keeps the game running very smoothly... so i cant agree with you there.

ooo ok

sorry :rolleyes:

It does not surprise me at all that they are in contact, but in this case it may be the other way around: a new host asking questions of an experienced host, to make sure things run smoothly. But I have to trust unreality to keep those discussions at a level that wont affect how he plays the game.

I concede, if you are new to the game and/or don't understand the intricacies of your role. However, UR is neither. In fact, he knows the ins and outs of the characters better than anyone else. And don't forget...he chose his role!

I concede, if you are new to the game and/or don't understand the intricacies of your role. However, UR is neither. In fact, he knows the ins and outs of the characters better than anyone else. And don't forget...he chose his role!
I think you accepted your role so you could get killed early and give me an edge on the baddies. How thoughtful my Perfect Pumpkin. :wub:

I think CL is refering to Frost asking UR questions.

I think you accepted your role so you could get killed early and give me an edge on the baddies. How thoughtful my Perfect Pumpkin. :wub:

You found me out, darling. If we aren't the masked lovers, we should be, my dearest dreamboat! :wub:

Edited by puzzlegirl

You found me out, darling. If we aren't the masked lovers, we should be, my dearest dreamboat! :wub:

im really thinking about makeing you guys Your own forum just for saying stuff like "My dearest dreamboat" :D

So unreality picks Spy (that's pretty much given now). Then comes out with it instantly. This is the exact thing he complained about in Mafia 3 when KOP took advantage of the Inspector role and came out with it instantly and got full protection and the baddies got routed (i was one of them so i remember well).

I very much want to hear unreality's response to this exact bit of my post. What he did was actually way worse because he chose his role and the Spy is more powerful. and all that after condemning KOP (which I agreed with, but he was at least following the rules)

In order to make the game fair again I have a suggestion: eliminate the Spy character. Then bring in a backup player. Give new roles to both unreality and the new person (one being good and one being bad) - this is the only way I can see to make this game fair again, because this game has obviously been extremely biased since the very beginning!

does anyone else have any suggestions about how to make the game fair now?

does anyone else have any suggestions about how to make the game fair now?

Well, since I was suspicious of UR from the get-go (and rightly so even if he is an innocent) and in return he targeted me and then bullied 2aDay into lie detecting me...so now I'm outed and just waiting to be offed by one group or another...

my vote is to scrap this whole game, reassign roles randomly and start from scratch.

Well, since I was suspicious of UR from the get-go (and rightly so even if he is an innocent) and in return he targeted me and then bullied 2aDay into lie detecting me...so now I'm outed and just waiting to be offed by one group or another...

my vote is to scrap this whole game, reassign roles randomly and start from scratch.

actually i second that. good idea PG. let's just scrap it, let Frost enjoy his vacation, and start it when he gets back.

okay, first of all: Frost offered to let me pick my role. How could I resist that? And this was after we had finalized the roles. I went over them again, and decided on Spy- not because it was all-powerful (I wanted to make Mafia V as balanced as possible, and I still think that the rules were pretty balanced), but because it gave me an opportunity to test out my skills. I wanted a good role, but not one of the uber-roles like Ninja that are normally desirable, since I didn't want to take too much advantage of the pick. I'm a corrupt evil Host God, but not that corrupt :P

anyway, so I didn't expect to out myself as the Spy when I picked the role. I didn't want to out myself. But I was forced to when nobody listened to me and everyone went after Twoaday. Outing oneself is part of the game, though it can be unbalanced, which is some of the things that changed for Mafia IV and V. In the hands of most people, I don't think the Spy role would've been much of a big deal. But, as the STRATEGY HELP says, use your role to the maximum advantage. If everyone did that, the game would be fair. Any Mafioso could've come out after me and said that THEY were the Spy instead, and the Mafia could've thrown a monkey wrench in my role outing. Yet they didn't, for some unknown reason. So don't blame me cuz the baddies aren't playing the best game

though we can scrap it if that's what you guys want. Frost can start a new game and I can step out, since that seems to be the consensus

I have a question,

How is it that someone can post and others post after that,

then that someone can go back and change that post

15 min later? If you can do that cant anyone go back through the thread and

rewrite what they said earlier to cover their tracks?

I have a question,

How is it that someone can post and others post after that,

then that someone can go back and change that post

15 min later? If you can do that cant anyone go back through the thread and

rewrite what they said earlier to cover their tracks?

only moderators can change other people's posts

but what you're talking about is called editing... there is a 10 min limit to edits, except VIPs (GC, Itachi, etc)

only moderators can change other people's posts

but what you're talking about is called editing... there is a 10 min limit to edits, except VIPs (GC, Itachi, etc)

And in this game of deceit,

we are supposed to trust that all the VIPs

do not do this?

okay, first of all: Frost offered to let me pick my role. How could I resist that? And this was after we had finalized the roles. I went over them again, and decided on Spy- not because it was all-powerful (I wanted to make Mafia V as balanced as possible, and I still think that the rules were pretty balanced), but because it gave me an opportunity to test out my skills. I wanted a good role, but not one of the uber-roles like Ninja that are normally desirable, since I didn't want to take too much advantage of the pick. I'm a corrupt evil Host God, but not that corrupt :P

anyway, so I didn't expect to out myself as the Spy when I picked the role. I didn't want to out myself. But I was forced to when nobody listened to me and everyone went after Twoaday. Outing oneself is part of the game, though it can be unbalanced, which is some of the things that changed for Mafia IV and V. In the hands of most people, I don't think the Spy role would've been much of a big deal. But, as the STRATEGY HELP says, use your role to the maximum advantage. If everyone did that, the game would be fair. Any Mafioso could've come out after me and said that THEY were the Spy instead, and the Mafia could've thrown a monkey wrench in my role outing. Yet they didn't, for some unknown reason. So don't blame me cuz the baddies aren't playing the best game

though we can scrap it if that's what you guys want. Frost can start a new game and I can step out, since that seems to be the consensus

this is weak unreality and Frost. and what does 'after we finalized the roles' mean?