BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Harry Potter Year 3 Mafia

Apparently I suck at hints....

Just know that although my behavior may be a bit unprincipled, it is because this is my first mafia here, and in an attempt to prove i could in deed play with the experienced players here, I may have been a bit too bold and fool hearty in what I posted, not thinking some lighthearted comments would be misconstrued.

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, I've tried to defend myself... Need to get to work, hopefully I'll be able to pop in before night ends to catch up, respond and change my vote if (need be) before the fat lady sings....

yoDell, I was waiting for your defense, as i did not want to bandwagon, but now i feel perfectly fine in voting for you. Your defense is not very compelling, and the reasons stated by medji for not voting for you have been debunked by logic, and your own admission. KM was the only reason i hadn't cast my vote for you earlier, as he made some good points.

Please convince me my vote for you is a mistake.

As to your vote for me, thank you. i have learned it is better to cast immediately, then change your vote, rather than wait for the facts and arguments to come in. I will use this lesson well.

You reaaly think that if i were a baddie i would have pointed out that I cannot be two goodie roles that would have kinda cleared me ?? I corrected both Aki's and your, actually Medji's, faulty logic... I could have let it slip under the radar if i was a baddie.... letting incorrect assumptions slip away . But NO, I actually pointed them out ... thus minimizing/shortening the list of roles I could be ... is this baddie behavior in your book ?

By now Sirius (whoever he/she is) must know one dementor role... the one he targeted :D ....ask him/her to target me next night and see what happens !!

edited: to change the bold color from red...

Edited by Yodell

Dumbledore: Shadow7

McGonagall: TheCube

1. MiKi - voting for Yodell [bandwagoning :P ]

2. Zweefer - voting for Medji

3. Thalia

5. KlueMaster - voting for Zweefer

6. Akriti - voting for Yodell

7. Medji - voting for Zweefer

8. kaniac - voting for Yodell

9. Anon26 - voting for Zweefer

10. yoDell - voting for Zweefer

4. Nana7 – TRAPPED D1 by Draco

11. curr3nt – DEAD killed N1 by Harry

Adding Zweefer's vote.

EDIT: Changing color

Edited by Medji

hey this is nox, shadows boyfriend here to tell you that the post will be late but she'll get it up as soon as she can ( sorry im late on this shadow, my phone was dead all day)

no changing votes

Okay...so I got back sooner than expected (it was looking like I wasn't going to be home before 10...) and it turns out TC is back as well (he said something in our host BTSC that said he'd be out at 10), so all's back to normal schedule.

Sorry, for the delay, Internet problems.

Day 1

Everyone was nervous due to the actions that occured last night. Nana7 in the hospital and curr3nt found dead. Everyone knew that this was all up to Harry, Ron, Hermione. The students were all interviewed for the case. Zweefer was feeling a great amount of pressure onto him with the many questions about the crime. What would he give for a bit of fresh air to clear his thoughts. His hints the interviewers couldn't understand and his evidence interviews didn't like. Finally he could take the pressure and told them that he was Sir Cadogen. But they didn't believe him. So, with one strike of lightning their wands they killed Zweefer on the point to find him telling the truth. And just as he was killed, Dumbledore transferred Akriti to Beauxbatons and was replaced with foreign exchange student, Auramyna.

Dumbledore: Shadow7

McGonagall: TheCube

1. MiKi

3. Thalia

4. Nana7

5. KlueMaster

6. Auramyna(Akriti)

7. Medji

8. kaniac

9. Anon26

10. yoDell

11. curr3nt DEAD killed N1 by Harry

2. Zweefer - DEAD lynched D1 found to be Sir Cadegon

Edited by TheCube

That was unfortunate. I knew he was Cadogen from his clue to KM, remember the "edit for spelling" he posted? He mispelled Yodell, pointing to her to say she was his target, thus he was Cadogen. I could have saved him had I not been trapped, that sucked. I wrote this before the night post to prove that much at least.

As for Hermione, at first I thought Yodell must be since I am not. I will self out if need be, I have left some crazy clues for the watchful and have been far more active than a baddie would be, drawing enough attention to be trapped even. Back to Yodell, I think she gave a good defense so I doubt she is Hermione either so I ask Snape to not target either of us and here is why. I believe that the baddies chose not to block or spy anybody the first night hoping they could have one of us lynched and when that person turned out to be wrong, have Snape kill the other that night. Think about it, if their plan had worked, the blocked person gets lynched, followed by Snape killing the trapped one. Then the baddies do their own nk and that is a whopping 4 of us gone, leaving 4 to 3 going into day 2 and pretty good odds for the baddies. It is brilliant and totally devious, and that is what I believe they planned. I am not sure who the goodies should go after and if a Snape kill is warranted or not, but we have time to ponder and debate that so let's make good use of our time.

And for the baddies, you should keep me alive too, I am a newbie not a Curr3nt and there will always be enough doubt to try to lynch me later. Think about it.

WTH???

When did zweefer hinted to be sir cad? that were all medji's hints (left-right, sticking a bunch and so on)

to me, all zweefer hints were that of pettigrew or snape and both didn't show in N1 post...

@anon

I had the plant (as in spy) in burrows for pettigrew, so plant in meadows=trelawny was lost on me... also I couldn't believe zweefer to be trelawny. logical reason for that is trelawny could accuse 2 baddies or clear 2 goodies, since sirius failed ro redirect her. zweefer certainly worked the other way round. i urge you to revisit the hints he and medji have posted. I was so convinced that medji is sir cad.

@anon what is the condemning post?

I did not respond to medji, because there was nothing to defend other than some vague statement that I "got her panties in a bunch"... tough to respond without an actual grievance.

yoDel I get, because it helps to vote for someone who already has a vote, and i thought i had addressed his stated reason for voting for me (holding off on vote).

In my defense, I have left my clues as to my role. I do not wish to out myself this early in the game, but know my actions on N1 were in N1 post.

Hope this helps KM...

EDIT : Spelling

I caught this immediately when I saw it. Note he says Edit: Spelling, to call our attention to spelling. Note he spells yoDel, not Yodell. That tells me that is his clue. And he says he acted that night. Put that together, he is the one who blocked Yodell, thus he is Cadogen. So see, it is good to have me around. Thanks so much for trapping me, Draco. It is my own fault I guess for drawing attention to myself.

And I am sorry I was not there to help you, Zweefer. I feel so bad for you to go like that.

Considering Nana's post, I could expect that at least she knows who I am. I just hope I don't die tonight. I'd like to have a chance to really hand it to the baddies.

I guess that was not it. Have you handed out more hints than anybody? Do you deal in sea crests?

Or should I just stop guessing? I think I see it, but maybe not.

Edited by Nana7