BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Minecraft Mafia

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@Abhisk - baddies followed you in N1 (action spy) and saw who you targetted, then immediately tried to kill you. You are most likely Herobrine, Notch or Squid. Herobrine saving you in N2 adds a lot towards what Framm just said ... that you are likely Herobrine. Either way, it's unlikely you can get saved yourself.

So, anything you wish to share with us? Or do you want the baddies to try to kill you in N3?

Well that wasn't a good defense araver because if you are the ZP, then you could just change your vote to someone else (vote manipulate)

Doubtful. "Zombie Pigman: A neutral. He can change someone's vote each day. (Vote Manipulate)."

Again, hypothetically, if I were ZP and wanted to save Peace, I would not vote - Peace. I would vote for another one close (e.g. Framm) + vote manipulate another one voting for Peace into voting for Framm. Bottom line 1 vote from Peace goes behind the scenes to Framm and my public vote on Framm . This is optimal any way you look at it.

Yeah, araver I missed that you voted for Peace, even though I looked. I saw you voted for GM initially but didn't see where you switched.

So then, why is my vote for Peace a condemning offense when you did the same? (I think that is why I missed your vote on Peace, I just assumed you hadn't since you used it against me)

Anyways, think about who Herobrine would save and the fact that Abhisk wasn't killed last night. ;)

My defense: if you were herobrine, would you actually save yourself? You would get suspicion onto yourself on purpose, and you would most proabably get lynched. Instead you would put the save on someone else and get them to get lynched...

Yeah, araver I missed that you voted for Peace, even though I looked. I saw you voted for GM initially but didn't see where you switched.

So then, why is my vote for Peace a condemning offense when you did the same? (I think that is why I missed your vote on Peace, I just assumed you hadn't since you used it against me)

I did not try to use your vote on Peace as a condemning offense alone. At the moment when I changed my vote to you, Framm had not pulled a "No contest" which means the lynch could have got away from him (at least in my opinion). If someone would push for something like that. Which is what I asked you about:

You're WIFOM trying to save Framm right now after you voted for Peace yesterday too.

Look at it from my POV: someone I did not clear for being in the same faction with Framm (along with Slick, because of the vote yesterday) tries to launch WIFOM arguments like "Framm may be Water. Maybe we shouldn't all bandwagon him". Which you know as well I do that will scare any newbie away from voting Framm.

On a more general note, I don't like how you don't give any info whatsoever, no matter who votes for you. I can't ignore, as much as I would try to, the fact that when you are not a goodie, you don't say anything of importance unless someone really forces into claiming something. Gut feelings towards people you know = severe metagaming. Call it that.

Give me something to work with.

@abhisk - I'm probably not seeing what you see. I only see Framm's initial defense stating he has no info to "save himself" (instead of "clear himself"?). In D2, I see only GM suspiciously bandwagonning with no reason, missing how many people actually know his role (which was partially cleared by maurice I think) AND then missing the fact that Zombie can only follow a player (Action spy), not learn his role.

I also saw an explanation for Framm's "slip" on D1 from sayalzah:

And Framm could have easily counted Creeper's green color as an extra vote for Peace on D1.

@abhisk - I'm probably not seeing what you see. I only see Framm's initial defense stating he has no info to "save himself" (instead of "clear himself"?). In D2, I see only GM suspiciously bandwagonning with no reason, missing how many people actually know his role (which was partially cleared by maurice I think) AND then missing the fact that Zombie can only follow a player (Action spy), not learn his role.

It has to do with who he voted on.

Edited by abhisk

My defense: if you were herobrine, would you actually save yourself? You would get suspicion onto yourself on purpose, and you would most proabably get lynched. Instead you would put the save on someone else and get them to get lynched...

Hmm, you just opened a big can of WIFOM for me. I don't want to eat from that.

But to reciprocate: My favorite suspicions/theory on who Herobrine is were mentioned before (RID Guess Slime was not lucky which means Herobrine and Slime are the two players who did vote on D1 - Vineetrika and Sayalzah).

And your condition is simple. If Herobrine's save was a mistake/frame/whatever, it won't come the next night. To earn a save, you need to be prepared to be killed. Sheep was alive last night and if not lynched today, you'd probably get a sure save.

But bottom line is that I can't trust anything you say until BlaBlah says if he accepts No Contest and we get to know who Framm is.

It has to do with who he voted on.

Yes, again, that is not unambiguous for me until I see who Framm was.

His vote (which was not a very good self-defense) can be anything depending on who Framm was (last minute info/defense, last minute frame, lastminute-reverse-frame-of-a-teammate, etc).

On a more general note, I don't like how you don't give any info whatsoever, no matter who votes for you. I can't ignore, as much as I would try to, the fact that when you are not a goodie, you don't say anything of importance unless someone really forces into claiming something. Gut feelings towards people you know = severe metagaming. Call it that.

Well araver, since we are "meta-gaming" I'll say that what you say is hokum. I never respond to random or gut votes especially if by people I do not trust. Go back to MaFBIa when as a goodie I refused to address initial votes on me that were non-specific. Additionally I always make it a point to give info and say things of importance, regardless of my faction (or have you forgotten Scrubs already? and Nightmare?) You think my point regarding Water is WIFOM or invalid? Fine. When we lynch Water, I hope it doesn't bite us in the endgame when the baddies should be outnumbered but aren't because we bandwagonned the wrong role. Framm was never going to be saved so long as he refused to defend. And seeing as how he has called NC, I doubt that was ever an option for him.

Now, if EDM would care to tell me what's eating at her gut, then I'll be happy to address her gastronomically incorrect concerns.

edit - as not everything you say is hokum, a quote was in order :D

Edited by maurice

Gees, maurice...it's just suspicion.....but....:unsure:

That's fine EDM, I get suspicious too.

My concern is that I had nothing to address and but one vote on me. araver is jumping on that as if I should have defended. Since he brought up meta-gamin, I will share a favorite baddie tactic of mine. Blindly accuse a goodie. Then pressure them into revealing info about themselves. Even if it clears them, it sure fills up that baddie spreadsheet quickly. And baddies already have a headstart. So, I refuse to give into that (especially after WCMafia, which I blew as a goodie by giving baddies all the information they needed).

And again EDM, I suspected one of two things. 1) You are a baddie 2) You have only a gut feeling that you are following. I'm leaning more towards 2 then 1. What I KNEW to not be the case, is that you are a goodie who has something on me. That's one of the benefits of being a goodie.

Well araver, since we are "meta-gaming" I'll say that what you say is hokum. I never respond to random or gut votes especially if by people I do not trust. Go back to MaFBIa when as a goodie I refused to address initial votes on me that were non-specific. Additionally I always make it a point to give info and say things of importance, regardless of my faction (or have you forgotten Scrubs already? and Nightmare?) You think my point regarding Water is WIFOM or invalid? Fine. When we lynch Water, I hope it doesn't bite us in the endgame when the baddies should be outnumbered but aren't because we bandwagonned the wrong role. Framm was never going to be saved so long as he refused to defend. And seeing as how he has called NC, I doubt that was ever an option for him.

Now, if EDM would care to tell me what's eating at her gut, then I'll be happy to address her gastronomically incorrect concerns.

edit - as not everything you say is hokum, a quote was in order :D

Really, you're bringing up the two games in which you were the Indy?????

Again, in this game, you don't put anything on the table, deflecting any vote on you as not being a suspicion that "deserves" to be addressed. Gut feelings have lynched in the past, goodies, baddies and indies, no discriminations.

You have 3 votes on you ... start talking. Say something about yourself. Anything which is not obvious (you are not Ghast, nor Zombie Pigman, that's the only obvious info I have on you).

Framm cleared himself from being Water (in my opinion) because no host will let someone with a "get lynched" wincon pull a "no contest". Which is why I still want BlaBlah to make an appearance and tell us if he accepts the no contest or not.

PS: Thanks for using hokum. I learned a word I did not know and I appreciate you using the euphemism.

That's fine EDM, I get suspicious too.

My concern is that I had nothing to address and but one vote on me. araver is jumping on that as if I should have defended. Since he brought up meta-gamin, I will share a favorite baddie tactic of mine. Blindly accuse a goodie. Then pressure them into revealing info about themselves. Even if it clears them, it sure fills up that baddie spreadsheet quickly. And baddies already have a headstart. So, I refuse to give into that (especially after WCMafia, which I blew as a goodie by giving baddies all the information they needed).

And again EDM, I suspected one of two things. 1) You are a baddie 2) You have only a gut feeling that you are following. I'm leaning more towards 2 then 1. What I KNEW to not be the case, is that you are a goodie who has something on me. That's one of the benefits of being a goodie.

I voted for you because you don't defend UNLESS there are votes on you.

Baddie tactic is valid, I give you that. But another tactic is being a baddie and WIFOM-ing about such a tactic. Neither clears anything.

Neither you nor EDM have appeared in the night-posts. So no one (Chicken, Squid) has any info on you. Had they gotten a read on you, trust me, I would not be having this conversation out in the open. Days are meant to complement night-time info gathering.

As for what you said about baddies having a headstart ... they have, as I pointed out they knew/almost knew who Abhisk is and tried to kill him for it. And if Framm is revealed to being a baddie, I don't see why Abhisk can't level the ground and narrow to the rest who he is. Herobrine already had a Goodie RID guessed, the other indies (Zombie Pigman left) can only profit from his outing if he is on their list AND gets killed or lynched.

Which, with combined goodie help during the day and night, won't happen.

@curr3nt - No, I probably did not figure out what you say.

I am still waiting on a lot of answers from Blablah. And there are more last night that went unanswered:

and the questions in this post

"In the end" simply means that the two vote manipulations essentially cancelled each other out.

ZP does not get the RID kill.

Do Lava and Water know who each other are, since they don't have BTSC?

Oh. Sorry. The liquids have BTSC.

Herobrine RID Guesses a Goodie. Which brings the question:

Herobrine: WINCON: Must correctly RID one person from each faction. Faction=all other 4 factions: Goodies, Baddies, Nether, Liquids?

Yes.

If 4, it's still good. If only 2 then it's looking grim.

Can Herobrine RID Guess on killed / dead people?

Yes, as long as their role was not revealed in a post.

If Herobrine completes his WinCon, does the game stop?

After much deliberation, no.

Kills are not-blocking, right? If a person has an action from those that are "> kill", they still get to do it, right?

Lava Kill >RID Guess >Future Block> Block> Redirect >Trap >Save >RID Kill >Kill

Kills only block actions less then them.

Edited by Blablah99

Day 2:

Framm had called no contest. Actually, people were scared. Could he hurt them if they killed him? In a circle, the remaining players passed the stone sword around with hesitation. Finally, Framm, waiting to die, went to the crafting bench, and put three sticks and three pieces of string to make a bow. Pity. A bow and no arrows. Too bad Skeleton was still around. After some time, Hirkala grabbed the sword.

"I'll do it," he declared.

Everyone held their breath. Hirk had previously stated this to be his greatest fear, but Hirk stood his ground, and in five swift hits, Framm lay dead before them.

Server Owner: Blablah

1) Vineetrika

2) Peace - Dead: Banned and found to be Ghast

3) Slick

4) Araver

5) Hirkala

6) Framm - Dead: Respawned at a remote location and found to be Spider

7) Abhisk

8) solman - Dead: Killed by Creeper

9) GMaster479

10) maurice

11) EDM

12) curr3nt

13) Marq

14) Shadow

15) darth nox

16) sayalzah

17) Molly Mae

Edited by Blablah99

@Abhisk - my remarks to you in are still valid. Even more since Framm was revealed a baddie.

I really think you can stay alive AND help your faction by sharing some info.

Well it wouldn't be helping our faction if the baddies knew what I know right now about some goodies. In fact it would hurt us. That's why I took the decision of not saying anything, and hoping that goodies can figure it out(it's possible)

... anyone else think that was a weird day post? Hirkala didn't even vote that I can see.

Was worried for a minute that he might be the Zombie Pigman and Spider was one of his targets. Lack of vote and Cow blocking him N1 and ZP acting D1 seems to rule that out.

I told you all to watch out for Blablah... Please stop messing with my head.

-----

Keep up the good picks Araver!

Does night still end at 8 pm EDT tomorrow?

Night may end at 5:30 PM EDT tomorrow, but don't count on it. I probably won't be near a computer. Most likely, the night will end at 8:00.

EDIT: And curr3nt, I chose Hirk because he expressed a fear of spiders at the beginning of the game.

Edited by Blablah99

... anyone else think that was a weird day post? Hirkala didn't even vote that I can see.

Was worried for a minute that he might be the Zombie Pigman and Spider was one of his targets. Lack of vote and Cow blocking him N1 and ZP acting D1 seems to rule that out.

I told you all to watch out for Blablah... Please stop messing with my head.

-----

Keep up the good picks Araver!

in the beggining hirk and i both expressed our...dissatisfaction...of spiders...

sooo wierd that i started off randomly voting for the spider... o.O

sorry - im out

HAHAHAHA!!! Awesome post, Blablah!!!

@All: Sorry, I haven't been around... I've been all over the place this weekend. (My friends kidnapped me a lot for my b-day lol) But I'm here, I've read up on everything and I think I have a good idea of who we need to go for tonight and tomorrow for the lynch.

HAHAHAHA!!! Awesome post, Blablah!!!

@All: Sorry, I haven't been around... I've been all over the place this weekend. (My friends kidnapped me a lot for my b-day lol) But I'm here, I've read up on everything and I think I have a good idea of who we need to go for tonight and tomorrow for the lynch.

I also apologise for not being around. I was one of the kidnappers.