Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Villager, Villager, Mafia Signups

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#1 Yoruichi-san

Yoruichi-san

"That Woman"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3394 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 10:55 PM

Disclaimer: This is highly experimental. In fact, it may be best defined as a game theoretical experiment. So I can tell myself I'm doing this for the sake of science ;P.

The game:

Unlike regular forum mafia, instead of one of every role, there will be three of every role (with one exception). One out of the three of every role is mafia. The catch is that they don't know it.

There is one unique role, the Instigator, who starts the game as mafia and is aware of it. Every Night he will chose a player to approach and if the player is mafia, they will 'awaken' and gain BTSC with the Instigator. The Instigator's vote has 0 weight. If the Instigator dies, a living mafia member will be chosen at random to awaken and take over the instigating.

Villagers win if all the mafia are dead and mafia wins if all the villagers are dead (even if they don't realize it).

For this 'trial' I'm going to use 4 roles for a total of 13 players. They will be Spy, Save, Block, and Kill. Blocks, successful saves, and kills will be shown in the Night Post. Block on block will result in a canceling out of actions and will not be shown. And the posts will be simpler than my usual...there won't be any elaborate storyline culminating in being jetisoned into outer space along with the past self of your future mother...*whistling*

PI: Y-san
Roster:

Backups:
Women are definitely stronger. We are [Fe]males, after all...

Some of what makes me me is real, some of what makes me me is imaginary...I guess I'm just complex. ;P

<3 BBC's Sherlock, the series and the man. "Smart is the new sexy."

Chromatic Witch links now on my 'About Me' page! Episode 3 is finally here!

When life hands me lemons, I make invisible ink.

#2 Aaryan

Aaryan

Superior Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1966 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 12:04 AM

Roster:
10. Aaryan

Backups:

Back in Business. 

Are you intelligent? Of course you are. Do you love mind games? Of course you do? Join a Trainer's Manual Mafia in the Games today (well, once one opens up).

#3 Hirkala

Hirkala

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 02:09 AM

Roster:
1. Hirkala
10. Aaryan

Backups:

As a huge fan of experimental games (see MM for evidence! :D ) I absolutely MUST join this!

EDIT: I am a fan of more than one experimental game.

Edited by Hirkala, 25 May 2012 - 02:09 AM.

#4 MissKitten

MissKitten

Merthur <3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2185 posts
  • Location:At my computer, or maybe writing fanfiction, and losing my sanity and innocence

Posted 25 May 2012 - 03:07 AM

Roster:
1. Hirkala
10. Aaryan
13. MiKi

Backups:

Hell yeah, I'm signing up for this. XD Mafia has been pretty slow for me lately, cuz there aren't any small or simple games on MM atm, and I need a game that won't take up too much time. :(

Chocolate is proof that God wanted us to be happy.

So you want a fight with intent to kill? Then come fight me! It's here in my bow, that intent to kill you love so much! ~ Uryu Ishida

... ~ Nova-kun

Society needs to learn how to adapt, or humanity is screwed. ~ MiKi, aka MissKitten, aka myself

#5 Yoruichi-san

Yoruichi-san

"That Woman"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3394 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 05:44 AM

As a huge fan of experimental games (see MM for evidence! :D ) I absolutely MUST join this!

EDIT: I am a fan of more than one experimental game.

I think this is the beginning of a beautiful relationship ;P.

Some of what makes me me is real, some of what makes me me is imaginary...I guess I'm just complex. ;P

#6 MikeD

MikeD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1072 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 08:46 AM

Roster:
1. Hirkala
3. MikeD
10. Aaryan
13. MiKi

Backups:

hi again, everyone. Nice to be back home. :)

#7 Framm 18

Framm 18

Mafianiac (Silent Hunter)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1350 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 04:37 PM

Please add me to the list and I assume that spies receive a Mafia/villager report correct?

Spoiler for Haikus

#8 Yoruichi-san

Yoruichi-san

"That Woman"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3394 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 08:21 PM

Please add me to the list and I assume that spies receive a Mafia/villager report correct?

I was considering that factor, and it'd be interesting to see its effect on the game, but for this 'trial', no, spies will not reveal faction information, but lynches will.

Roster:
1. Hirkala
2. Framm 18
3. MikeD
10. Aaryan
13. MiKi

Backups:

#9 Hirkala

Hirkala

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 11:37 PM

I think this is the beginning of a beautiful relationship ;P.

:lol: :thumbsup:

Agreed! I just finished a 4 faction game called Cut-Throat Mafia. 4 factions of 4 players, each with their own WinCon - outlive 4 specific players while 3 remained alive. One of the players that each needed dead was a player in their own BTSC (which everyone started with!) It made things very interesting! :lol:

#10 Yoruichi-san

Yoruichi-san

"That Woman"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3394 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 03:39 AM

:lol: :thumbsup:

Agreed! I just finished a 4 faction game called Cut-Throat Mafia. 4 factions of 4 players, each with their own WinCon - outlive 4 specific players while 3 remained alive. One of the players that each needed dead was a player in their own BTSC (which everyone started with!) It made things very interesting! :lol:

Nice. I love creating intra-faction tension ;). I made a game based on Camelot once, where every role had a secret win condition in addition to the regular mafia/innocent faction win condition that was worth more on, like, a points system I had developed, and was somewhat detrimental to their faction win condition. But then Mordrid of the shifty eyes had to go ruin my fun by organizing the mafia into one big happy family that gave up on their secret wincons and they won easily since the innocents were mostly still stabbing each other in the back. Oh...the irony...;P

It was definitely interesting though. And this should be too. But first we need more guinea pigs *cough* I mean players...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users