BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Mafia V Signups

unreality

...Okay, so the names can be changed...but the idea of one person who kills and then uses the role of the person he/she kills that night? What do you think of that idea? Lol...I guess it also reminds me of Sylar...

lol whatever happened to heroes anyway?

how about a mad scientist who can mutate characters to make them more or less powerful by chance? or perhaps a butler that we can all blame when we have no idea who a baddie is ;)

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah kinda weird with the situation...

three groups of baddies that can win the game with killing certain innocents.

most innocents just have influential roles on the baddies

all in all it's balanced so adding a role, no matter what the role, would need a counterpart. That's been the trend in Mafia games with additions. Changing role descriptions is just putting a little variety in the mix which is a good thing, you know, not the same role with the same powers as the last couple of games...especially with the same players that keep coming back.

Just a question to those more involved with hosting and such, are there any other types of games like Mafia or are they too similar to bother??

Host: Frost

1) Unreality

2) Brandonb

3) Frozen

4) Slick

5) TwoaDay

6) Yoruichi-san

7) Taliesin

8) Itachi

9) CrazyPainter

10) Cherry Lane

11) Dnae

12) Nayana

13) Dawh

14) pw0nzd

15) GC

16) KOP

17) Dusty

18) Puzzlegirl

19) LIS

20) Tolecnal

Backups to potentially replace unconfirmed cyans:

Backups

1) Rene83

2)

How about a little mutation on Itachi's idea. A character that could choose two people every other day to switch roles (of course the people who ha their roles switched would not know the person that they switched with). It may be better if tacked on to the "Oracle" role I suggested earlier.

Edit: I also like the sylar role that Y-s brought up.

Edited by Brandonb

Bb: what if they picked a baddie? The person couldn't temporarily be a baddie, and so the Oracle would know that they picked a baddie. Thus the Oracle wouldn't be able to know if his/her switch succeeded. It's a good idea, though

I never said anything about temporary, this role would change characters for the rest of the game! I'm just curious about what kind of complexities could arise from something like this.

A message from Math Girl for all those Wrongdoers who would oppose Her Logic: (and no I wasn't mocking her- in the game of Mafia, if someone points out a flaw in your logic, you can't just blow up at em :D I think that's what you're being accused of CP, though I'm not entirely sure)

here it is:

An angry mob of villagers surround the purple haired girl. Angrily, they thrust their torches into the night air. "Witch!" they cried, "Burn her, burn the witch!"

"No, no, I'm not a witch!" the girl pleaded. "It's not dark magic, it's science! You see, if you run an alternating current through a conductor it induces a magnetic field in the direction of..."

"Silence, witch!" The leader of the mob stepped forward and jutted his torch at the purple haired girl. "Me thinks thou protesth too much! Ye must be evil! We shall burneth thou tonight!"

That having been said, the mob leader hurled his torch at the girl. Those behind the mob leader followed his lead and showered the purple haired girl with flaming projectiles.

An explosion of flame enveloped the girl's body. Her screams filled the air, screams that were full of pain and shock and...laughter? Yes, the purple haired girl was actually not screaming, but laughing!

"What manner of demonic magic is this?" someone in the mob cried. Shouts of "Devil-spawn!" and "Monster!" filled the sky. Fear overtook the villagers, and they began scrambling to run away from the spectacle. They were tripping over one another and falling onto the ground, causing dust and dirt to be flung into the air.

Amidst the blaze and dust the the mob leader stood there aghast, unable to move, unable to speak. "...what?...how?..." he finally stammered out.

The purple haired girl blew out the last flames from her sleeve and pulled the cap off of her head. She turned her gaze to the mob leader and smiled. "Like I said, it's science...and logic, of course." The girl threw her head back, letting her waves of hair fall across her shoulders. "I deduced from logical reasoning that you would lead the villagers here at exactly this time today, so beforehand, I coated my skin with a flame retardant I chemically synthesized, then I soaked my clothes in water then alcohol...so when I burned, I didn't actually get burned."

The girl shrugged her shoulders and gave the mob leader the full benefit of her lopsided grin. "Well, that was fun, but I've become bored of this village. Time to head for new and greener pastures. And by my calculations, my ride should be arriving just about..."

Her voice was drained out by the whizzing sound of a helicopter's propeller. A rope ladder dropped down and the girl grabbed onto it. She waved to the mob leader as the helicopter rose into the air. Seconds later, the purple haired girl climbed into the empty carriage of the helicopter, This new AI works pretty well , she thought, looking down at the fields and farms the copter was passing. Well, it was time to her take her logical reasoning skills to a new niche...she had heard rumors of excitement brewing some place up north...what was it called again? Bird City? Coldtown? No...wait...Pengville! Yes, that was it, Pengville. That was where new adventures and experiences were awaiting her. She didn't know what role she would be filling there, but whatever it was, she was determined to play it to the best of her ability. She knew that her logical reasoning skills were going to be a great asset in the battles to come. Yep, she thought, this is definitely going to be fun.

[edit] Author: Yoruichi-san

Yoruchi,

You are quite the writer too!

Yes, I did doubt you. I was the healer so shouldnt I go on intuition?

And I was right!

ha ha

CP

I am for #2 , if it matters any longer . :P The major drawback with it is , of course , is Brandon saying he can't participate as much as he has done so far . If that's the case Brandon please say it's not true , say Noooooo :lol:

Noooooo :P

I'll get back from my vacation at the same time as Frost. Not a big deal, I'm just impatient, that's all :rolleyes:

One week without mafia isn't going to kill you guys. Besides, it's not like we even have a complete roster yet. Once we do I can start deciding on roles so I can send them to you guys while I'm on vacation.

One week without mafia isn't going to kill you guys. Besides, it's not like we even have a complete roster yet. Once we do I can start deciding on roles so I can send them to you guys while I'm on vacation.

Yeah, I was thinking about that last night. Even if we said "START" today, we'd still have another 24hrs of waiting for people to onfirm their roles before it actually started. So when are you planning on sending out the roles for confirmation? The 9th? That way you can open the Mafia V thread and we can actually start on the 10th when you get back and if some people haven't confirmed their roles then we can just put in the back-ups.

So, anyone ave any other ideas for future mafia roles? I kinda like the idea that umm.... I don't remember who suggested it.... maybe Y-s? Anyway, the idea to start a new thread solely for discussing new and previously suggested Mafia roles, and how they would interact with eachother. I'll go ahead and start the thread if Unreality isn't going to :)

Edit: well nvm, I can't believe that^ just happened! :lol:

Edited by Brandonb

Yeah, I was thinking about that last night. Even if we said "START" today, we'd still have another 24hrs of waiting for people to onfirm their roles before it actually started. So when are you planning on sending out the roles for confirmation? The 9th? That way you can open the Mafia V thread and we can actually start on the 10th when you get back and if some people haven't confirmed their roles then we can just put in the back-ups.

I was actually thinking I would send them even sooner because:

1. On the 9th and 10th I won't be able to get on much seeingas I'll be on the road for most of them.

2. If I send them sooner then people will get back with me sooner, so we can get going as soon as I get back.

So I'll probably send them on the 7th or 8th, that also gives me some time to help the mafia get set up. B))

I'm removing KOP and LIS from the roster, KOP hasn't said a word, so if he wants to join he can. If we start after a certain time, LIS can re-sign up ;D

Host: Frost

1) Unreality

2) Brandonb

3) Frozen

4) Slick

5) TwoaDay

6) Yoruichi-san

7) Taliesin

8) Itachi

9) CrazyPainter

10) Cherry Lane

11) Dnae

12) Nayana

13) Dawh

14) pw0nzd

15) GC

16) Dusty

17) Puzzlegirl

18) Tolecnal

19)

20)

Possible Players:

1) LIS

2) Rene83

3) KOP

4) anyone else...?

It seems like this is going to take longer than I thought...I guess it is good to not start ASAP as that would be a day or so from now.

Come on people, only two spots left! Sign up while you can!

Frost, I am totally down with that. B))

Have a great vacation! Going anywhere exciting?

cp