BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Mafia III

unreality

Question

Mafia III

Sign up now ;D 12 is the absolute minimum, though 15 is the real minimum. 18 would be awesome, and 21 is ideal for what I have in mind (more than 21 is even better tongue.gif)

Check out Mafia II for more information on what Mafia is, and the concepts and stuff:

Post #29 - Rules
Post #17 - Strategy Tips
Post #51 - Intro
Post #65 - A Wild Evening
Post #77 - The Blue Octane
Post #159 - To The Sharks!!!
Post #174 - Open Warfare
Post #338 - The Web of Lies
Post #360 - Last Girl Standing
Post #429 - A Firelit Lynching (& Epilogue)

I won't post the official rules and roles for Mafia III until I know how many people are playing, so sign up quick biggrin.gif

* Dnae is invincible for the first night and first day
* Puzzlegirl is invincible for the first night

(If you don't know, those two are invincible because they died first & second in Mafia II)

the roster:

Host: Unreality
1) dnae
2) puzzlegirl
3)

• Answers 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

yeah an IPS Internal Error or some such nonsense :P

Saturday at noon I got that error crud.

anyway, with the Healer/Herbalist, I dunno about the Accomplice just yet... we'll have to see how many people we get

ye

1) dnae

2) Brandonb

3) pw0nzd

4) Frost

5) itachi

6) akaslickster

Edited by akaslickster

This game's too fun to stay out of! I'm in, too.

1) dnae

2) Brandonb

3) pw0nzd

4) Frost

5) itachi

6) akaslickster

7) kingofpain

8) Scott/IMLRG (whichever you feel like using)

Potential addition would be the Abettor, he could help the mafia once, and then if caught, he would automatically be shot or what ever. Then an animal could also give away a baddie as a clue for good or bad.

How about the Slickster? This character can say perplexing things post after post in an effort to completely baffle everyone.

:lol: just messin' with you slick ;):P

Count me in too. Although I have never played this before. This seems like fun.

1) dnae

2) Brandonb

3) pw0nzd

4) Frost

5) itachi

6) akaslickster

7) kingofpain

9) Grey Cells

10)Ravi Brahmbhatt

I'll be brave and join - pls don't hurt me!

If I'm a gangster can I have a mole? (not the birth mark), oh yeah, and I want protection too - wats it gonna cost - I have only one good arm and one good leg so you can have the dodgy ones...

Could the mercenary be an AssAssIn they way it gets to kick some twice at least - or am I being one?

Perhaps a martial arts expert too - Origami East end style (the art of the folded newspaper unleashed - not unfolded, quite painful i am assured. I think it was used on public schools a bit like the flicking with a wet towel)

1) dnae

2) Brandonb

3) pw0nzd

4) Frost

5) itachi-san

6) akaslickster

7) kingofpain

9) Grey Cells

10)Ravi Brahmbhatt

11) LIS and mole (maybe at least an Alsation guide/seeing-eye dog, definately needed - that's why the sport dark glasses right!)

How about in Mafia IV, we are on an Oceanic flight and crash on an island and the Mafia are the others???? just a thought, might help the series ratings go up and become more credible too - :)

Edited by Lost in space

1) dnae

2) Brandonb

3) pw0nzd

4) Frost

5) itachi-san

6) akaslickster

7) kingofpain

9) Grey Cells

10)Ravi Brahmbhatt

11) LIS and mole (maybe at least an Alsation guide/seeing-eye dog, definately needed - that's why the sport dark glasses right!)

12)pieman

unreality u hit gold!

Hey , unreality ! Another role . :P

LIS's post gave me an idea .

A mole . At the start of the game , you induct an innocent into the ranks of the mafia . He acts as a mole , infiltrating their ranks , obviously unknown to the mafiaso . This will cause distrust among the mafia members , but the mole cannot reveal the identity of the mafia members . The inspector does not know the mole's identity neither does the mole know who the inspector is . He could provide information like : who the mafiaso are planning to lynch the next day(on the same days the Inspector recieved the random mafiaso identity) . This will help the inspector prepare himself more carefully . And the mafiaso can have a better chance , as you don't need to PM the Inspector the identity of a mafiaso . Let the Inspector find for himself . That's what an inspector works for , doesn't he? ;)

You are the intermediary , who delivers the messages of the mole to the inspector . I think he would be more effective than the spy . You could increase the number of mafia members to four to acommodate him .

Just an idea . You are the one who has more experience , so you know . :P

1) dnae

2) Brandonb

3) pw0nzd

4) Frost

5) itachi-san

6) akaslickster

7) kingofpain

9) Grey Cells

10)Ravi Brahmbhatt

12)pieman

13) Nayana

I am in too. this will be super fun B))

I wish I had been one of the surviving innocents in mafia 2 ^_^

1) dnae

2) Brandonb

3) pw0nzd

4) Frost

5) itachi-san

6) akaslickster

7) kingofpain

8) Scott

9) Grey Cells

10) Ravi

11) LIS

12) pieman

interesting idea GC- so the Mafia think that there are 4 Mafiosos, but one among them is the Mole? But then they'd be really suspicious of who is the Mole, and 3 of them might get together and decide to off one of their own.

I dunno- but by the Mole you mean one of the Mafiosos wins with the Innocents, basically, right? I've thought about that for Mafia II (I called it Traitor) but it would make it even harder for the Mafiosos, IMO. I'll add it to the list though :P what does it have to do with the Inspector again? I think I missed that part

I dunno- but by the Mole you mean one of the Mafiosos wins with the Innocents, basically, right? I've thought about that for Mafia II (I called it Traitor) but it would make it even harder for the Mafiosos, IMO. I'll add it to the list though :P what does it have to do with the Inspector again? I think I missed that part

Yeah ! If the mole(traitor) is included , it sure will become difficult for the mafiaso . That's why I suggested , the Inspector need not get the identity of a Mafia member . Instead , on the same nights(the nights you PM him the random mafaso identity) you could PM the inspector about the person who the mafia are planning to lynch the next day . Most of the times it is planned(that is what we did last time , though we did not follow it to the word :P ) . So the inspector's job becomes harder , he has to determine and distinguish between the mafia and innocents during the lynching . That way it gets tougher for the mafia as well as for the inspector . It sort of gets balanced .

But the final decision is yours . it looks like we may get 15 for this game . :D

WOW !!!

Just been through the whole story of Mafia II and I cant wait for this one to start. Although I dont know if I have the requisite amount of GC's in my brain for this to work for me. But whats the worse that can happen ... I get killed and then I gain invincibility in the next version..thats cool..Love this game already..and it still hasn't started. I dont get the concept of how day and night will work. Unreality, is it when you say its day and when you say its night..is that what it depends on??

WOW !!!

Just been through the whole story of Mafia II and I cant wait for this one to start. Although I dont know if I have the requisite amount of GC's in my brain for this to work for me. But whats the worse that can happen ... I get killed and then I gain invincibility in the next version..thats cool..Love this game already..and it still hasn't started. I dont get the concept of how day and night will work. Unreality, is it when you say its day and when you say its night..is that what it depends on??

Basically, yes, it's not based on actual day and night(as those ared different for each of us). The days and nights switch off whenever what needs to be done is done(like somebody being lynched during the day, once someone is chosen, it turns to night). This is mainly to speed the game along. Also make sure you're on at least once a day(more is even better) to keep this game moving, especially during some periods of a lot of action(like at the end of Mafia II - a lot went on in less than a day).

WOW !!!

You can find more info on day/night here

I am in too :-D

1) dnae

2) Brandonb

3) pw0nzd

4) Frost

5) itachi-san

6) akaslickster

7) kingofpain

8) Scott

9) Grey Cells

10) Ravi

11) LIS

12) pieman

13) Nayana

14) Lucifer

Sweet, almost there!

Edit: BTW, Welcome to the Den and to the Mafia game Lucifer. I recommend that you check out the previous games to see how this works (preferably Mafia #2, not just b/c I was knocked out of #1 instantly :P , but b/c it didn't work out so well.) You will get a handle on the roles and how the game works.

Also don't forget to check out the puzzles section, but beware, it's addicting! (but first click and read the "Important! Read before posting!" link at the top of the puzzles page). Again, welcome.

Edited by Brandonb

cool ;D

1) dnae

2) Brandonb

3) pw0nzd

4) Frost

5) itachi-san

6) akaslickster

7) kingofpain

8) Scott

9) Grey Cells

10) Ravi

11) LIS

12) pieman

13) Nayana

14) Lucifer

one more for the minimum, but maybe we'll get more than 15 :P

we have all 11 from the previous game (excluding puzzlegirl, she can't)... Thuhchris said he was going to Colorado in 4 days, and Yoruichi-san says she's busy right now but maybe for a later Mafia

anyways, I left a comment on woon's profile yesterday and talked to some others

I hope some more new people join :D