BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Mafia III

unreality

Question

Mafia III

Sign up now ;D 12 is the absolute minimum, though 15 is the real minimum. 18 would be awesome, and 21 is ideal for what I have in mind (more than 21 is even better tongue.gif)

Check out Mafia II for more information on what Mafia is, and the concepts and stuff:

Post #29 - Rules
Post #17 - Strategy Tips
Post #51 - Intro
Post #65 - A Wild Evening
Post #77 - The Blue Octane
Post #159 - To The Sharks!!!
Post #174 - Open Warfare
Post #338 - The Web of Lies
Post #360 - Last Girl Standing
Post #429 - A Firelit Lynching (& Epilogue)

I won't post the official rules and roles for Mafia III until I know how many people are playing, so sign up quick biggrin.gif

* Dnae is invincible for the first night and first day
* Puzzlegirl is invincible for the first night

(If you don't know, those two are invincible because they died first & second in Mafia II)

the roster:

Host: Unreality
1) dnae
2) puzzlegirl
3)

• Answers 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

these are the Mafia II roles:

* Doctor- save someone every night by PMing me. If this person is targeted for death by the Mafia and/or Grim Reaper, the person will be saved by the Doctor and live. The Doctor cannot save himself/herself, nor can the Doctor save the same person two times in a row

* Vigilante- knows who the Defender is. The Vigilante kills for the Innocents every odd-numbered night, except for the 1st night. Can choose not to kill

* Defender- knows who the Vigilante is. While the Defender is alive, the Vigilante cannot die, and gets out of every death situation with badass awesomeness

* Inspector- PMed, by me, one Mafia identity at the beginning of every odd-numbered day (1st, 3rd and 5th for the three Mafiosos)

* Sage- can PM me anytime to get the list of the people the Doctor has been saving. Also, the Sage can choose to PM me every even-numbered day to see how many Mafiosos are alive

* Spy- can spy on anyone ever even-numbered day. They PM me who they want to spy on, and I reply, revealing that person's role

* Bomb- knows who the Inspector is. When (if) the Bomb dies, there is a half chance that they will take their killer down with them. If their killer is the Mafia, a random Mafioso will be killed- however the Mafia is informed at the beginning of the game who the Bomb is. If the Bomb's killer is the Grim Reaper, the Grim Reaper would blow up. If the Bomb is lynched, the Innocent who was most outspoken for the lynching (chosen by me) is blown up. If I can't decide, I pick randomly from the Innocents that voted for the Bomb

* Illusionist- every even-numbered night (the same night that the Grim Reaper kills), the Illusionist can make illusionary copies of one person to protect them ONLY from the Grim Reaper (the Mafia ain't fooled). The Illusionist cannot protect themself, nor can they protect the same person twice in a row. When (if) the Grim Reaper dies, the Illusionist's role may be obselete- or it may morph into something else altogether.

hmmm- but that also means the two-face discovers the role of the people he/she helps, because they would get double. Maybe the Doctor would get to save two people, etc

Right, it's like the inspector, except things could be bad or good (plus the role isn't necessarily a goodie or a baddie). Plus knowing that the person they helped will know their identity in return causes them to not implicate if they assisted a baddie.

hmm- good idea. How's the name "The Assistant"? lol

You're the boss.

Edit: quick addition. Instead of ruling that the assistant can't assist the same person twice in a row, make it so the assistant can't assist the same person twice period.

Edit: oh, what about "The Accomplice"

Edited by Brandonb

yeah... and they can also choose not to assist, like the Vigilante can choose not to kill

What about 'the Unseen Assistant', abbreviated UA?

Sweet, and when "UA" or "The Accomplice" is given the role at the beginning of the game, he/she must PM you back whether they want the role as a goodie or a baddie for the game(so it can be determined if they win for which side). They aren't given any more information, they still effect their chosen person the same way, and no one else knows if the accomplice is a goodie or a baddie.

Edited by Brandonb

I think they should be a goodie, no matter what. Do you mean they choose which kind of baddie they want to be? Mafia/GR/QA?

Good point, I thought the game was either that good guys won or bad guys won. I think you're right that they need to be a goodie no matter what.

just randomly thinking. Feel free to tweak it if you like it

How about the Mercenary? Existence is known to a random member of all factions. Will 'work = kill' for learning random identities of each faction that hires him. He is hired when each faction (say, all the mafia) reaches a consensus and pm's unreality the person they want the Mercenary to kill, but they have to reveal an identity of their faction that the Mercenary doesn't know only to the Mercenary and unreality confirms. The Mercenary wins by killing 2 or 3 random characters that only he knows so using him is a gamble.

Slick: on the contrary, the Spy was one of the most powerful roles in the game- I don't think you used it to its potential though

just randomly thinking. Feel free to tweak it if you like it

How about the Mercenary? Existence is known to a random member of all factions. Will 'work = kill' for learning random identities of each faction that hires him. He is hired when each faction (say, all the mafia) reaches a consensus and pm's unreality the person they want the Mercenary to kill, but they have to reveal an identity of their faction that the Mercenary doesn't know only to the Mercenary and unreality confirms. The Mercenary wins by killing 2 or 3 random characters.

interesting. Which characters would the Mercenary have to kill to win?

btw, if you're reading this and haven't already joined, join! :P Mafia is fun, we promise ;D

Host: Unreality

1) dnae

2) Brandonb

3) pw0nzd

4) Frost

5) itachi

6) akaslickster

my goal is to get 15 people. I'm pretty confident we'll get at least 11... then people that haven't played with us before have to sign up (or if Thuhchris wants to, he was in Mafia 1)

Slick: on the contrary, the Spy was one of the most powerful roles in the game- I don't think you used it to its potential though

interesting. Which characters would the Mercenary have to kill to win?

The mercenary has no control over who they kill right? Could the mafiosos (or whoever) use the mercenary twice?

randomly chosen by you and revealed only to him

I see. So what happens if someone kills one of the roles first? I was thinking that about the GR, and my idea was to have the Grim Reaper die if the Vigilante gets killed by anyone that's not the Grim Reaper... but I don't think that'd work with the Mercenary. Hmm. I'll think about it ;D

I was thinking about a character that would be called the Gladiator... if attacked at night, they fight back, and can kill half of their opponents and get killed by the other half. Or something.

And a Bodyguard- each night, they can pick someone if they want. If someone tries to kill the selected person, there's a 1/2 chance the Bodyguard will kill the killer, and the other 1/2 chance is that the Bodyguard will die in place of the selected person

The mercenary has no control over who they kill right? Could the mafiosos (or whoever) use the mercenary twice?

yes, others would tell him who to take out and then reveal an authorized identity of their faction. I think that the Mercenary needs a player and role to be able to win, not just role. This way the mafia can be individualized.

yes, others would tell him who to take out and then reveal an authorized identity of their faction. I think that the Mercenary needs a player and role to be able to win, not just role. This way the mafia can be individualized.

what if two factions (like the GR and the mafiosos) want to use the mercenary on the same night?