BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Forgotten District II Mafia

araver

Forgotten District II Mafia

Spoiler

City 17, forgotten district, once known as the "The Neighborhood"
Six years after the previous events in Trainer's Manual Mafia IV

~~~~~
Checking his balance at the end of the day, the Loan Shark smiled to himself, "This is still a nice neighborhood to do business in."

"What's that Boss?", asked Muscle. "Nothing for you to worry about, Muscle, as always. Call Clark for me will ya?"

"Sure thing, Boss." said Muscle, opening the door and letting a gust of music slip inside. That music would one day be the death of him, sighed the Loan Shark. His hair was tinted white at his temples and he felt weary during a Saturday Night.
"Hey Boss!", Clark "the DJ" blasted through the door. "Close it please", Mick sighed. "Have you heard about the new Mayor?". "Yeah", Clark flexed his hands nervously," he's talking about restoring the Civil Guard and all!".

"About that, I need you to do something for me. Go mix during the day, talk to your former colleagues, lemme know if trouble is brewing."
"Sure thing, but, wait, you want me to do something about it?". "No, just report back to me.", he stood up and secured his briefcase. "And get the damn music lower one notch, it's making my head explode", he added before going to the safe.
"Boss, you know there are paying customers right now draining the bar and putting money in the pockets because of that music ... ", Clark responded as the Boss put the briefcase in the safe and walked back to his table. "Fine, close it earlier though, I need silence to ponder."
Clark grabbed the door handle, "I'll let the guys know to close after 2 tonight", as he went out. "Idiot" he mumbled once he was safely out of the room.

~~~~~
Baddie (Mafia): Leader of the shady characters in the city, trying to make an extra buck by circumventing the rule, Mick "The Loan Shark" has made enough money offering unsecured loans to the nice people in the neighborhood. Each night can send Muscles out to kill someone. In case Muscles fails (target is saved or trapped), then the identity of the saved target will be revealed to the Loan Shark. Once during the game (ODTG) can redirect a vote, but not if trapped or blocked the night before. WinCon: Removing all other factions.

Goodies (Innocents): Peaceful taxpayers trying to restore their clean neighborhood. WinCon: To get rid of business threatening the neighborhood.

* The Doctor: Former Med student, did not finish his studies due to money problems and a recurring addiction. Knows enough to help a player survive minor injuries though. Ability: Can save a player each night. Can save self. Can save the same player in a row (Save)
* The Baker: Lost his bakery to the Loan Shark a while back and still sports a scar made by Muscles in a barfight when he refused to pay his loan. He has sworn to get revenge, but after the fiasco a couple of years ago, his vengeance simmered. Ability: No action / Vanilla initially. If the Doctor dies, then Baker will get ODTG kill to avenge him (ODTG Kill)
* The Cop: Lived in this neighborhood all his life, became a cop on an impulse, never looked back. Ability: Each night can stake out a player and find out either who targeted that player or who that player acted upon (choice). ODTG can instead choose to contact an old friend with clearance and get a role spy. (Spy).
* The Shopowner: Still owns huge debts and his business barely covers the vig. Always looking for a clean way out of the mess he got himself into. Ability: Each night can block a player. (Block).
* The Mayor: Just back in his hometown after inheriting aunt's big mansion. Never forgot about his political ambitions. Ability: Can secretly make a vote x2 each day (Vote manip)

Indy
* Clark - "The DJ": Local redneck that won the local club at a poker game a couple years ago. Used to run the establishment as a front business for the Loan Shark, but has decided to pursue his own plans. Each night can trap someone with a VIP invite to the game night where they are safe from kills and cannot speak / vote / be voted for the next day. Cannot send VIP invites to same person twice in a row. ODTG can call in a favor with Muscles to RID Kill at any point during the day or the night. If successful, the event is published immediately, if failed no one hears about it. Cannot die N1, but if targeted for a kill, the killer will know his ID. Wincon: Outlive two
secret goodies and the Loan Shark. Must be alive at the beginning of the next phase (day or night) and game stops if wincon is met.

Rules:

* NP shows Kills, Traps and Saves, no indication on killed player's faction or role. DP shows lynched player's faction only, no indication on vote manipulation.
* Tie: D1 No lynch. D2+ All in the tie are lynched.
* OOA: Trap > Block > Save > Kill > Spy > Day actions. Kills are not blocking.
* Blocks count as successful if the block went through unstopped by the trap acting on the blocker. Blocks cannot stop the NK. Daily actions can be blocked. Blocked players will be told so.

Roster:
1. maurice
2. Flamebirde
3. Molly Mae
4. Panther
5. MiKi
6. Hirkala
7. bonanova

Backup:

1. Thalia
2. plasmid

Game has started.

Since it's been a while till this filled up, Night 1 will end 2AM EDT on Thursday. (2 days and some hours from now).

PM me if you don't have your role or if you have questions. I'm gonna tag just to make sure ;)

@maurice_2.0

@flamebirde

@Molly Mae

@Panther

@MissKitten

@Hirkala

@bonanova

16 hours ago, bonanova said:

We don't know who's who yet, but can we analyze roles?
I can think of two questions:

1. Which of the Goodies is most valuable?
2. Between Clark and Mick, who is more dangerous?

1. The Cop.  Second would be The Mayor or Doctor, depending on how the game goes.
2. Tough choice.  Mick can kill, but has to last to the bitter end.  Clark can only kill once (potentially), but only needs three people gone.  Important: Neither can win while the other lives.  

Early on, I'd say Clark is more dangerous, since he could win at the end of N1 at the earliest (if everyone used their kills and happened to get all of his targets).  By my calculation, the earliest Mick could win is the end of D2.  

Confirming.

Time to fire up the old mafia skills!

(I have no idea what I'm doing, but let's do this!) :D

5 hours ago, Molly Mae said:

1. The Cop.  Second would be The Mayor or Doctor, depending on how the game goes.
2. Tough choice.  Mick can kill, but has to last to the bitter end.  Clark can only kill once (potentially), but only needs three people gone.  Important: Neither can win while the other lives.  

Early on, I'd say Clark is more dangerous, since he could win at the end of N1 at the earliest (if everyone used their kills and happened to get all of his targets).  By my calculation, the earliest Mick could win is the end of D2.  

I'd agree that the Cop's spy is the most useful, probably followed by the Doctor and the Mayor.

As for enemies, I guess Clark, since he can win faster. Can't really do to much about that yet with the early lack of info, so I guess we'll see how it goes.

Night 1: Motion to Dismiss

City 17, forgotten district, once known as the "The Neighborhood"

~~~~~

The Loan Shark was in his office, speaking on his phone as Muscles entered the room.
"Yeah, they're getting kinda pesky Alfred, snooping around where they shouldn't. How soon can you come?"

Mick signalled Muscles to get nearer his desk.

"I don't know, they filed a motion for something. My local guy is an online-trained good-for-nothing. Yeah."

Mick took a blank piece of paper, folded it carefully as he held the phone trapped between his shoulder and left ear.

"Yeah, the Mayor has been pressuring the local DA to get results for the upcoming elections. I know, it don't get more cliche than that..."

He wrote down something then folded the piece in two with a firm hand.

"OK, gonna talk to you when you get here. Appreciate it. See you on Monday.", he closed the call.

"Something needs to be done". Muscles took the piece of paper and read it. "How soon Boss?"

"See to it immediately. And give that back to me willya?". Muscles looked at the piece of paper again and placed it back on the table.

"Sure thing, Boss. Anything else?" he asked. "Not for now. Come back after noon. And bring your brother too.", Mick gestured for him to leave while burning the piece of paper and throwing it in his ashtray.

~~~~~

TL;DR version
* Muscles kills Hirkala

~~~~~

Roster:
1. maurice
2. Flamebirde
3. Molly Mae
4. Panther
5. MiKi
7. bonanova

6. Hirkala - Killed N1 by the Baddies

Also Day 1 will end 2AM EDT on Saturday. (2 days from now).

Not cool Molly.

Roster:
1. maurice - voting for MiKi
2. Flamebirde
3. Molly Mae
4. Panther
5. MiKi
7. bonanova

6. Hirkala - Killed N1 by the Baddies

@MiKi word on the street is Hirkala didn't like cats.  And that sent you over the edge didn't it.  YOU killed him and you enjoyed it, didn't you. DIDN'T YOU.

Oh and Molly don't think what you're thinking.  There are two other options.

Edited by maurice_2.0

7 hours ago, maurice_2.0 said:

Oh and Molly don't think what you're thinking.  There are two other options.

We have played too much Mafia together, my man.  You know exactly what I'm thinking and how to prevent me from making bad assumptions.

Roster:
1. maurice - voting for MiKi
2. Flamebirde
3. Molly Mae - voting for Flamebirde
4. Panther
5. MiKi
7. bonanova

6. Hirkala - Killed N1 by the Baddies

Roster:
1. maurice - voting for MiKi
2. Flamebirde
3. Molly Mae - voting for Flamebirde
4. Panther
5. MiKi - voting for Bonanova
7. bonanova

Mo, you think I, a simple kitty, trying to survive on the streets, had the ability or motivation to kill Hirk? You wound me, truly you do. 

50 minutes ago, maurice_2.0 said:

BTW I guess you didn't get my message, though I got yours.

I think I got it.  If it's easy, but not easy like Sunday morning.

I'm also pretty sure I've gathered your other two possibilities as "inactivity" and "intentional confusion".

Indeed on both counts.

My message was a bit on the Lionel Ritchie tip, but it's pretty hard for me to back off from especially now.

And I hope it was inactivity AND that the muscle took care of that for us.

@miki Ok... You stayed cool under intense pressure.  I'll support your vote.

I vote bonanova

Indeed on both counts.

My message was a bit on the Lionel Ritchie tip, but it's pretty hard for me to back off from especially now.

And I hope it was inactivity AND that the muscle took care of that for us.

@miki Ok... You stayed cool under intense pressure.  I'll support your vote.

I vote bonanova

Hmm, while two of our number communicate in gestures and whispers, I do not believe I've quite been left out in the cold - I think I'll following!

Let's roll with this for now:

Roster:
1. maurice - voting for Bonanova
2. Flamebirde
3. Molly Mae - voting for Flamebirde
4. Panther - voting for Bonanova
7. bonanova

Good for you, I'm completely lost in this nonsense. I've got a guess as to where this leads, but really I'm just praying now.

For now, I'll follow the bandwagon on Bonanova.

Roster:
1. maurice - voting for Bonanova
2. Flamebirde - voting for Bonanova
3. Molly Mae - voting for Flamebirde
4. Panther - voting for Bonanova
7. bonanova