BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

So you have been on BrainDen (BD) and you should have been doing: Work, house work, homework... etc etc

What cover stories have you been using?

Mine so far (mostly half true)........

Research - 100% true (for Matrix, Scooby Doo, Avatar, Munsters/Adams etc - Go Wiki!)

Practice typing skills - 90% true (gone from 15 wpm to 20)

Intellectual chat - arguing with ploper

conference chat - at the same time

Emailing friends - starts that way

Emailing work - ditto

Video conference - while on BD!

I only have to attend the conference and add some text while the dialog continues. My ears prick up for certain people and subjects.

Procrastination bar is rising to a very difficult level!

Edited by Lost in space

21 answers to this question

1. Intellectual conversation

2. Games (Just don't mention the word mafia... :unsure:)

3. Friends (or used to be until Pw0nzd and my friend quit :mad:)

Edited by RainThinker

When my parents (yeah... I still live with my parents :rolleyes: I live in Serbia :dry:) ask me why do I spend so much time at the computer, my excuse is always the same:

"Why the hell am I paying so much money per month for the internet if I'm not going to use it. We didn't buy this computer to be an ornament to decorate my room, but to be put to some use, and as you can clearly see... I'm using it!"

If they continue with the nagging I must resort to one of the excuses above mentioned by LIS, but most of the time the first excuse works. ^_^

the thing is - are you really done with your hw?? ;)

lol brainden is the only reason my HW takes at least an hour lol

I dont use any excuses because Im never on *looks to twinpop and twinbro* *they have their backs turned* no accualy i use the excuse that im not on brainden and i close the window lol

Edited by randro

Excuses such as:

"I'm working" - hey it's true if you are doing almost anything on BD... puzzles or games, you are most likely working at it. :duh:

"Studying for the LSAT" - this was actually the original reason why I came to BD... a few of the logic games are very similar to those found on the test. :thumbsup:

"Trying to figure something out" - see "I'm working" :P

I'll post more later when I realize that I am using them ;)

Edited by Brandonb

I get more work done when I can focus on more things at once, lol.

For every one hour of homework I have to do, it usually takes me 4 hours on brainden to do it, however, if I had been just working on my hw, I would have been so busy worrying about whether or not I was going to be lynched or what was going on in the BTSC that it would have taken me 4 hours anyway, so, why torcher myself? :rolleyes:

Erm... I should be studying now. I am totallly NOT done. For every 10 homework minutes, give me 30 min of BD. Thats basically how I do it. For every 10 minutes i concentrate on homework, I reward my self with a half hour on BD. but hey! gotta keep your goals small at first! (am trying to work up to 20 min, but not doing so well. My best is 18, before I finally crack!)

I get more work done when I can focus on more things at once, lol.

For every one hour of homework I have to do, it usually takes me 4 hours on brainden to do it, however, if I had been just working on my hw, I would have been so busy worrying about whether or not I was going to be lynched or what was going on in the BTSC that it would have taken me 4 hours anyway, so, why torcher myself? :rolleyes:

:lol: , that about sums up my logic. I'm more for the every-3-hours-surf-BD approach, although mafia has proven to mess up all my subjects except English :D

I just have multiple windows open at all times... if the Boss walks by, BD gets minimized and I'm looking at a spreadsheet! :P

I do the same thing I keep the company site as my mani tab and switch back to that when I'm actually working :P

I do the same thing I keep the company site as my mani tab and switch back to that when I'm actually working :P

:lol: , same goes for me, except school stuff not company site. Plus, at the beginning, I didn't even need to switch. This site looks educational enough :thumbsup: That is, until a particular someone saw me typing a reply consisting of mafia, lynches and accusations... :P

I actually have the computer 'tabs' on right now. I a "doing my homework" SHHHHH!!! *PLZ DONT TELL!!!!*

One (hopefully) last comment:

If you are on internet explorer (or other internet serveces sometimes), you can have tabs. Make SO many tabs that you have to use an arrow to veiw all of them. Put BD at the back, and you cant even see the logo! (?!)

One (hopefully) last comment:

If you are on internet explorer (or other internet serveces sometimes), you can have tabs. Make SO many tabs that you have to use an arrow to veiw all of them. Put BD at the back, and you cant even see the logo! (?!)

actually, that's whats going on this instant! if you add those little tool buttons that take up a ton of space, you only need to have 3 tabs open, with BD in the back, and then you are covered! Thanks peace!