BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Mafia IV

unreality

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking back through the night post, I noticed that the assassin was calling for a saving role. Maybe Unreality is saying that the assassin was calling for help on the forum as well. The only two people that I could find that were calling for help last night were Joe's Student (who for obvious reasons can't be the Assassin) and Grey Cells (who later said he didn't need help...)

I'm not sure what that means. :unsure:

The other thing to think about is the whole masked lovers aspect of Awesomeville. We know that one of the mafia is a ML (Unreality said it in a post 30 or 40 pages back...I'm not hunting for it right now.) If the other ML is still alive, that puts the mafia in an awkward position: if they lynch the ML, they will also kill one of their own. Of course, with the odds of Innocents to Mafia being what they are, they may be willing to take that risk. But then again, that may buy one innocent a bit of immunity from the mafia during the lynching.

At this point, I would like to point out that I am much better at asking questions than answering them :P . Maybe someone else has more to add. GC claimed innocence and as a peace offering gave the name of a mafioso (he said) and I'm a little curious about his choice of Y-s...what suspicious acts has she committed that has him so convinced of her guilt? :huh:

I'm pretty sure that the last QA is dead, just that the role was never revealed...

wait... there's still one QA lying around, but what will he/she do? They won, didn't they?

Let me just take a quote from unreality...

The last QA, Joe's Student, watched from a nearby hill.

Ahh...there we go. Clear enough Frozen? B))

Edited by Frost

yeah Bb and Y-s have met their Mafia matches ;D

nice fade-out Brandonb :lol:

edit: you ruined the visual effect with your edit :P hehe

Ok now this is bugging me.

Anyone care to shed some light? Why is this phrase

giving me such a red flag?

I suppose because I was thinking that both of them were

QAs. Now Bb is known to be MoS, QA.

I thought Yoruichi was a QA too. Since th QAs are all found out

who would be a mafia match for YS? Hmmm...

need more time to think...

Gaaahhhh....Brandon's corpse is laughing in it's grave...

Well, anyways, thanks Frozen. You are my knight in shining armor ;)

Ok now this is bugging me.

Anyone care to shed some light? Why is this phrase

giving me such a red flag?

I suppose because I was thinking that both of them were

QAs. Now Bb is known to be MoS, QA.

I thought Yoruichi was a QA too. Since th QAs are all found out

who would be a mafia match for YS? Hmmm...

need more time to think...

Yeah, as Unreality said, he was referring to the fact that BB hatched a clever ploy, and I saw through it...

Actually, I'm pretty sure the other QA is dead, and was Mekal (as Dawh has figured out as well).

Doing my best Adrian Monk impression: Here's what happened:

On Night 1, Mekal (MoD?) and BB (MoS) found each other by going after KoP.

On Day 1, BB was almost lynched and they both voted for PG to save his identity from being exposed...what they didn't account for was that PG was the bomb and would end up blowing up Mekal...

...This left BB (MoS) exposed to lynching, and seeing how close he had been to being lynched on Day 1, it was highly likely that he would be lynched on Day 2, so he was desperate to find the final QA. To do this, *after* the day ended, he hastily posted a "predictions" post, which was actually cleverly disguised instructions for the other QA to go after Slick. He didn't care whether or not Slick actually died, so he hid his intentions under the guise of trying to get the saving roles to protect Slick.

On Night 2, if JS was the MoE, he could have queried about BB and found out he was indeed a QA, or JS might have must thought (like a lot of others, apparently XP) that BB was a QA...anyways it wouldn't hurt JS to target Slick, so he did, and the two met up.

On Day 2, as expected, BB gets lynched. JS, realizing that BB wouldn't die, but would be exposed, and thus would likely be targeted by the warlock and die soon, pretends to be one of the people against BB as to not raise suspicion against himself. BB gets lynched, escapes...and finds he has been warlocked! Hehe....

On Night 3, JS finds Frozen and ends up winning it for the QA's T_T

Yeah...I'm not sure why GC is suspicious of me...unless...

Wait...wow, that's clever...if he is mafia...

Okay, so there are 4 mafiosos and 5 innocents. That means the mafia have to cast suspicion on 4 innocents. Since CP just joined, it's highly unlikely they can cast suspicion on her, so the rest of us (including yours truly) have to be targeted.

Since I didn't really do anything suspicious (cuz I'm not), he has a quandry...the solution:

He pretends he has some clever secret evidence against some people, and "secretly" drops a name of a player. Then he leaves, saying he'll be back at some unspecified time in the future, and leaves everyone else to ponder this.

So what result does this have? I realized that this has the result of making everyone suspicious of the named player, even if the player hadn't been suspicious before. They try to find the "evidence" he was talking about, seeing clues in things that aren't really there (like the match thing). Basically, he leaves everyone else to do his work for him, and find "evidence" against the named player. He can check back at certain times to see if enough "evidence" has been compiled. The worst case scenario is that no one can find any "evidence", and he's left to try to spin something himself...

To be honest, I think this is very clever...the QA Moriarty fell, the Mafia Moriarty arises, huh? Well, this Holmes is ready for any number of Moriarties, so bring it! Let's see what "evidence" you come up with...

uummmmmm... no one ever said i was a QA

that accuation hurts, it really hurts :(

Hmm...well if you're telling the truth, then it had to be Scott...but I thought he was a computer player? Well, lol, maybe *that's* how they "found" each other on the first night...I apologize if that's the case...if not, :P

Hmm...another thing I noticed was that strange was the fact that the thief stole from ejohnson...since it's Night/Day 3, the inspector gets PMed a QA name, not a mafia name, and the spy only works on even days...so there's no reason to steal an identity...unless the thief is trying to make one of his/her cohorts look innocent by stealing from them...

Well, I'm going to be out for about five hours...I hope I get back in time, but *please* don't do anything rash, like Unreality said, this decision is important.

Hmm...another thing I noticed was that strange was the fact that the thief stole from ejohnson...since it's Night/Day 3, the inspector gets PMed a QA name, not a mafia name, and the spy only works on even days...so there's no reason to steal an identity...unless the thief is trying to make one of his/her cohorts look innocent by stealing from them...

Well, I'm going to be out for about five hours...I hope I get back in time, but *please* don't do anything rash, like Unreality said, this decision is important.

No worries, remember that this day cycle is going to last for some 48-72 hours!

A cold front sweeps through Awesomeville. It snakes through every house, every retail store, every place where Awesomevillians gather. The Mafiosos feel the razor-sharp chill on the backs of their necks, they shudder and pull tight the collars of their leather waistcoats. The QAs feel an icy breeze brush over their dry, cracked skin and they push up their sleeves to reveal the goosebumps it has left. Meanwhile, the remaining Innocent citizens, one by one, hear the whisper of a soft breeze and feel the refreshing air flow gently around them. "Greetings Puzzlegirl!", "Thanks for watching over us, PG!", "You da' bomb, PuzzleBabe!" they speak into the wind. And the cold front twists and vaults up into the clouds above.

A cold front sweeps through Awesomeville. It snakes through every house, every retail store, every place where Awesomevillians gather. The Mafiosos feel the razor-sharp chill on the backs of their necks, they shudder and pull tight the collars of their leather waistcoats. The QAs feel an icy breeze brush over their dry, cracked skin and they push up their sleeves to reveal the goosebumps it has left. Meanwhile, the remaining Innocent citizens, one by one, hear the whisper of a soft breeze and feel the refreshing air flow gently around them. "Greetings Puzzlegirl!", "Thanks for watching over us, PG!", "You da' bomb, PuzzleBabe!" they speak into the wind. And the cold front twists and vaults up into the clouds above.

You should ask the "Warlock" to bring you back from the dead.. I'm sure he is capable of it;)

lol, I'm starting to think Puzzlegirl likes to be dead better than she likes being alive ;D hehe

Rules, Roles, Strategy Help, Voting Help, Players, Introduction & An Intercepted Message

--

Night One - Awesomeness in Question

Day One - Trial by Fire

Night Two - The Ancient War Continues... or does it?

Day Two - Frog Spawn

Night Three - The Guardian

Host: Unreality

1) Frost - DEAD [Grim Reaper] Killed by Mafia

2) Brandonb - DEAD & VICTORIOUS [QA - MoS] Killed by Warlock

3) Kingofpain - DEAD [Defender] Killed by QAs

4) Pw0nzd - DEAD [?] Killed by Mafia

5) Cherry Lane

6) Dawh

7) Nayana

8) Dnae

9) Scott - DEAD [?] Killed by Mafia

10) GC

11) Puzzlegirl - DEAD [bomb]

12) Slick - DEAD [?] Killed by QAs

13) Kat

14) Wreath - DEAD [Ninja] Killed by Grim Reaper

15) Joe's Student - DEAD & VICTORIOUS [QA] Sphinx's revenge

16) Johnson

17) Frozen - DEAD [sphinx] Killed by QAs

18) CrazyPainter

19) Yoruichi

20) Mekal - DEAD [?] Blown up

lol, I'm starting to think Puzzlegirl likes to be dead better than she likes being alive ;D hehe

I haven't seen her experience "being alive" a lot, so being dead probably feels more natural

*wonders how this lynching will turn out*

if an Innocent is lynched, the Mafia will kill tonight and then have majority (unless saving roles help, but then it's a tie, and just a hint, the most recent Tiebreaker was Joe's Student after Slick, who was the first Tiebreaker. JS passed on the Tiebreaker role earlier today), in which case they will almost certainly win

however if the Innocents can lynch a Mafia, the game will continue to be gripping ;D