BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Mafia IV

unreality

I take back what I said about knowing who the mafia is from lynching the ML...I forgot to take into account the case if the mafia ML is lynched...the mafia may or may not vote for him/her...but I still think it is better for the innocent ML not to come out...give the mafia something to stress about :P.

And I still don't understand why people think the fact that I took logical steps and trying to give my analysis of the evidence suspicious...being a scientist, I don't believe anything without proof...

One thing I will point out in my own defense: If I were a mafioso, it would have been more likely that when I read GC saying that he had evidence against me, I would have been worried and tried to figure out how what I had let slip and tried to give justifications of anything that may have seemed suspicious, or waited until he produced said "evidence" and then tried to explain/justify...but because I knew my own innocence, I very confidently challenged him to "bring it on", because I knew no such evidence existed...

Edit: If someone sees a flaw in my logic, please let me know...the point is that we should discuss this and make a good decision...

Edited by Yoruichi-san

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, GC, haha, I apologize...after waking up from a much needed nap, I realized my tone in some earlier posts was kinda rude...that's probably why it seemed like I was "bickering" with you...anyways, sorry, stress from my personal life and sleep deprivation makes a cranky Math-girl ;P.

Now back to the game...

Hmm...I can't tell who's guilty and who isn't! :unsure: Well, I'm leaving for vacation, so don't be too hard on my replacement (I know how much it sucks to come in and be booted out half a day later :lol: ) I'll leave my vote up to my replacement. See you all hopefully in the next mafia, if not Mafia VI!

~Kat

Edited by Kathleen

Good to know that I'm interacting with a scientist!!!

If I were a mafioso, it would have been more likely that when I read GC saying that he had evidence against me, I would have been worried and tried to figure out how what I had let slip and tried to give justifications of anything that may have seemed suspicious, or waited until he produced said "evidence" and then tried to explain/justify...but because I knew my own innocence, I very confidently challenged him to "bring it on", because I knew no such evidence existed...

That's because you (perhaps) knew that you didn't left anything suspicious on previous pages of the thread. Being really good at Mathematics, (perhaps) you proceeded with your every step, cautiously. That's why (perhaps) you didn't defend yourself.

Being a scientist, I don't believe anything without proof...

What proof did you had when you believed me to be mafioso?

Good to know that I'm interacting with a scientist!!!

That's because you (perhaps) knew that you didn't left anything suspicious on previous pages of the thread. Being really good at Mathematics, (perhaps) you proceeded with your every step, cautiously. That's why (perhaps) you didn't defend yourself.

What proof did you had when you believed me to be mafioso?

*Sighs*...umm...I already said why I was suspicious of you...

And lol, I think your confusing a mathematician with a politician...;P

Hmm...I can't tell who's guilty and who isn't! :unsure: Well, I'm leaving for vacation, so don't be too hard on my replacement (I know how much it sucks to come in and be booted out half a day later :lol: ) I'll leave my vote up to my replacement. See you all hopefully in the next mafia, if not Mafia VI!

~Kat

Bye Kat, have fun!

You're saying that I'm a mafioso since I voted for GC (who according to you was another mafioso) on Day 2.

During the time of my voting, there were already many who were voting for BdB. I could have sticked with them if I were a mafioso.

Ok guys, see you after 15 Hours.

If somehow the lynching turns against me, please wait for my defense.

Else you can continue.

Haha...well I hope he *is* a mafia, cuz if he's not, we're screwed...

Well, it was the thief thing that made me suspicious initially...but, hmmm...he demands that we wait for his defense, but he doesn't care what happens otherwise...lmao...uh...

Rules, Roles, Strategy Help, Voting Help, Players, Introduction & An Intercepted Message

--

Night One - Awesomeness in Question

Day One - Trial by Fire

Night Two - The Ancient War Continues... or does it?

Day Two - Frog Spawn

Night Three - The Guardian

Host: Unreality

1) Frost - DEAD [Grim Reaper] Killed by Mafia

2) Brandonb - DEAD & VICTORIOUS [QA - MoS] Killed by Warlock

3) Kingofpain - DEAD [Defender] Killed by QAs

4) Pw0nzd - DEAD [?] Killed by Mafia

5) Cherry Lane

6) Dawh

7) Nayana

8) Dnae

9) Scott - DEAD [?] Killed by Mafia

10) GC - voting for Cherry Lane

11) Puzzlegirl - DEAD [bomb]

12) Slick - DEAD [?] Killed by QAs

13) Kat

14) Wreath - DEAD [Ninja] Killed by Grim Reaper

15) Joe's Student - DEAD & VICTORIOUS [QA] Sphinx's revenge

16) Johnson - voting for Yoruichi-san

17) Frozen - DEAD [sphinx] Killed by QAs

18) CrazyPainter

19) Yoruichi

20) Mekal - DEAD [?] Blown up

now we can really begin ;D

also, what say you of KOP being Kat's replacement? he was the Defender, and we know that Wreath was the Ninja, so he knows nothing that everyone doesn't already. Or we could have Dustyb109 be Kat's replacement. Idc ;D

Well, it was the thief thing that made me suspicious initially...but, hmmm...he demands that we wait for his defense, but he doesn't care what happens otherwise...lmao...uh...

In real life, I HATE waiting for others and to make anyone else wait for me.

That's why I said that you need not wait for me.

*random ghost post!!!*

lol, no just kidding, just one last post to go out with a bang

The citizens of Awesomeville continue to go around doing there daily business, but the ones in the town square suddenly saw the air shimmer in front of them. Suddenly a man appears in a dark gray trench coat that has burns on it. Its the ghost of Mekal. He smiles towards the citizens and says something, though nobody hears it. He starts to lift of the ground and leaving a faint trail of silver behind him, he ascends into the clouds.

(lol told you I'm a horrible writer. see y'all in mafia V)

Edited by Mekal

also, what say you of KOP being Kat's replacement? he was the Defender, and we know that Wreath was the Ninja, so he knows nothing that everyone doesn't already. Or we could have Dustyb109 be Kat's replacement. Idc ;D

Welcome back! You didn't miss much...except me kinda venting my personal stress on GC (sorry GC, although that doesn't necessarily mean I think you"re not mafia...still thinking about that one...), and johnson apparently attacking me for being a scientist and *not* doing anything suspicious :lol:

Anyways, I'm fine w/ KoP...lol, both 3 letters starting with K...but if she/(now he) is not mafia, its better to get him on right away so that he has time to think about this decision...

Edit: grammar

Edited by Yoruichi-san

I'm not sure what you mean...why are we screwed if he's not a mafioso? I'm confused. :huh:

As such, I'm still having trouble coming to a final decision... :(

As to KoP replacing Kat, He doesn't know anything he shouldn't, so it's really up to the almighty host god (athough, we do know that KoP will participate, while to the best of my knowledge, dusty will be a bit of a loose cannon.)

I'm not sure what you mean...why are we screwed if he's not a mafioso? I'm confused. :huh:

As such, I'm still having trouble coming to a final decision... :(

As to KoP replacing Kat, He doesn't know anything he shouldn't, so it's really up to the almighty host god (athough, we do know that KoP will participate, while to the best of my knowledge, dusty will be a bit of a loose cannon.)

Well, the mafia have the luxury of voting as a block...so in order to out-vote them, the innocents need to vote as a block as well (of course the mafia may join against their own just to avoid looking suspicious)...or it goes to tie-breaker...but (at the risk of sounding retaliatory, which is *not* what I'm trying to do) I'm more convinced now he is, since he seems to only care if we wait for him if his own neck is at risk, but doesn't seem to care to hear us out otherwise, even though this is a *really* important decision for the innocents (the innocents will pretty much lose if they make the wrong decision, the mafia still has a chance to win in future rounds), and as far as I can tell, his only reasons for voting for me is that I suspected him...and I'm a scientist :unsure: ...and I have *not* done anything suspicious :blink::wacko:

Edit: clarification

Edited by Yoruichi-san

I can step in for Kat (until the weekend ) if that is required

We'll probably have to wait until tomorrow to find out unreality's decision. I think he went to sleep already, probably tired from his trip. B))

Hmm...well, using more Math voodoo ;P...

...if the mafia do consider it worth it to get rid of the bomb, not only is the least risky way to get her lynched on the first day, but also, if there are more non-mafioso than mafioso that vote for her, it is more likely that a non-mafioso will get blown up, which is good for the mafia, and adds to the expected gains of getting rid of the bomb...

...plus (sorry GC), the fact that CL has stopped her campaign against GC, and ejohnson has redirected his vote to me from GC last vote seems to support my GC/CL/johnson theory...(although of course, it does not prove it...now that I've gotten some much needed sleep, I have come out of my "myself-as-Sherlock-Holmes" fantasy ;P)

Hmm...well, using more Math voodoo ;P...

...if the mafia do consider it worth it to get rid of the bomb, not only is the least risky way to get her lynched on the first day, but also, if there are more non-mafioso than mafioso that vote for her, it is more likely that a non-mafioso will get blown up, which is good for the mafia, and adds to the expected gains of getting rid of the bomb...

...plus (sorry GC), the fact that CL has stopped her campaign against GC, and ejohnson has redirected his vote to me from GC last vote seems to support my GC/CL/johnson theory...(although of course, it does not prove it...now that I've gotten some much needed sleep, I have come out of my "myself-as-Sherlock-Holmes" fantasy ;P)

YS, you are just protesting too much for me. I have read over all the conversations and I must conclude that you are mafia! SO that is my vote.

Just got back from Gnarles Barkly at Hollywood Bowl. I am shocked I have energy.

Host: Unreality

1) Frost - DEAD [Grim Reaper] Killed by Mafia

2) Brandonb - DEAD & VICTORIOUS [QA - MoS] Killed by Warlock

3) Kingofpain - DEAD [Defender] Killed by QAs

4) Pw0nzd - DEAD [?] Killed by Mafia

5) Cherry Lane

6) Dawh

7) Nayana

8) Dnae

9) Scott - DEAD [?] Killed by Mafia

10) GC - voting for Cherry Lane

11) Puzzlegirl - DEAD [bomb]

12) Slick - DEAD [?] Killed by QAs

13) Kat

14) Wreath - DEAD [Ninja] Killed by Grim Reaper

15) Joe's Student - DEAD & VICTORIOUS [QA] Sphinx's revenge

16) Johnson - voting for Yoruichi-san

17) Frozen - DEAD [sphinx] Killed by QAs

18) CrazyPainter - voting for Cherry Lane

19) Yoruichi

20) Mekal - DEAD [?] Blown up

I am fine with any of the players mentioned joining in.

Mathgirl ! What ? You were arguing with me?

didn't know that until you said so . :P

And let me make this clear to everyone . Apologies to me are forbidden . :P

:lol: I was going to post today , hoping to ask whether you sleep at all . Now I know the answer. ;)

No hard feelings . In fact , I rather enjoyed the argument. :GC rubbing both hands in anticipation of another: :P

Now for some serious Mafia stuff . :D

I was using your name as a mafioso only because you could be protected , MG. I don't know for sure , if you are an innocent , but my guess is you are . My allegation was only for that night , as it was intended as a trap for the mafia . Either they didn't see that or they deftly side-stepped it. Either way , the Mafia won that night.

Now , Yoruichi and everyone else , if you won't vote for CL , you will be incriminating yourself as mafia .

Btw , I found out the pattern of the mafia lynching , if you others haven't already noticed . Their strategy was simple yet fooled us all . Almost each of the 4 mafia members voted for different persons . That way we were left searching for a gang of members going after a single person . Rather they wisely went for hiding their identities . Whether this was intended or not , it clearly worked out .

Check this out for yourselves and you will see it . ;)

EDIT : Unnecessary word.