BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Liar Game BD

Yoruichi-san

A few questions:

Firstly, can you smuggle teammates' money as well as your own? Or is the whole $600mil deposited in one single account in the other team's territory, in which case this doesn't apply? Related to that, do you put all the captured money in a separate account in same bank as the opponent's withheld money? Does it look like this:

• NORTH BANK:
    • Account "Panther": $0
    • Account "Phil": $0
    • Account "Flame": $0
    • Account "Framm": $200mil
    • Account "Brainy": $200mil
    • Account "Jay": $200mil
  • SOUTH BANK:
    • Account "Panther": $200mil
    • Account "Phil": $200mil
    • Account "Flame": $200mil
    • Account "Framm": $0
    • Account "Brainy": $0
    • Account "Jay": $0

Second, does each player on one team inspect each player on the other team (i.e. a total of 3 calls for each player on each team)? Or does the whole team decide what to say for each opposing player (just 1 call)?

Also:

2) Call "DOUBT" and state the amount of money they believe the player is smuggling.

- i) If the player is not smuggling money, then half the amount will be deducted from the 'bank' account of the player who called doubt and deposited into the smuggling team's account in enemy territory, as an 'indemnity'.

- ii) If the amount called is equal or greater than the amount being smuggled, the money is confiscated and deposited into the inspecting team's account in safe territory.

- iii) If the amount called is less than the amount being smuggled, the smuggling team will receive the full amount they were smuggling plus the 'indemnity'.

This is a bit confusing. Can we get an example?

Let's say we have players Alice, Bob, and Chris, all on team North. Alice is not smuggling, Bob is smuggling $100, and Chris is smuggling $200. They are all inspected as "DOUBT 100", so points i., ii., and iii., apply to each respectively. What would happen for each player? The most confusing bit is WHERE the money gets deposited in each situation, so could you please use the player's name and the bank's location when referring to the accounts? As in "South bank account Alice" for Alice's account in the opponent's territory.

Sorry for all the questions, maybe I'm just slow.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apologies, I accidentally left out a specification:

Calls must be done in this game thread. The team may change their mind, the final call before the deadline will be the one taken.

You may only smuggle money from your account, i.e. your 200 mil BD$. Smuggled money is deposited into a single account in safe territory. You may think of the safe territory as a neutral third territory bank, if you wish.

The whole team decides what to call for each opposing player, but the player who posts the final call will be held as the Inspector for indemnity purposes.

In response to your example:

First, note that the maximum you may smuggle in one smuggling round is $100mil, so Chris's scenario would not occur. Alice would gain an indemnity of $50mil from the player that made the call, it is deposited into the team account in the bank in the safe territory. Bob's $100mil BD would be confiscated and deposited into the opposing team's account in the safe territory.

Questions are always welcome :). It is a much more interesting game when the rules are well understood ;).

A few addendums:

If a player fails to submit their smuggling choice by the deadline (the first 24 hours of a smuggling round), then it will be announced at that time that they inactive.

A player may not call for an amount greater than they can pay an indemnity for, i.e. a player may not call for an amount greater than twice what they have remaining in their personal account (their original account in enemy territory).

First, note that the maximum you may smuggle in one smuggling round is $100mil, so Chris's scenario would not occur. Alice would gain an indemnity of $50mil from the player that made the call, it is deposited into the team account in the bank in the safe territory. Bob's $100mil BD would be confiscated and deposited into the opposing team's account in the safe territory.

Ah, I must have missed that part about the $100mil limit. So would Alice put the $50mil in the neutral 'third territory' bank? And would Bob's confiscated money also be put there, or would it be returned to the opponent's bank so that he can try to smuggle it again?

I believe the answer to those questions are in that paragraph ;).

About 6.5 hours until deadline to specify how much you are smuggling. Power-play is allowed. If you fail to submit a smuggling decision, you will not be smuggling this round and it will be announced.

Thank you.

You may call doubt on as many opposing players as you wish, however, only one player from your team may call doubt on each opposing player. Right now, it stands:

North Team

Phil - Doubt 100mil called by Framm

Panther - Doubt 100mil called by Framm

Flame - Doubt 100mil called by Framm

South Team

Framm - Doubt 6 called by Panther

Brainy - Doubt 6 called by Panther

Jay - Doubt 6 called by Panther

North Team

Phil - 195mil

Panther - 191mil

Flame - 200mil

Team account - 100

South Team

Framm - 100

Brainy - 200

Jay - 100

Team account - 114

Smuggling round 2 begins now. Smuggling amounts must be submitted by 9pm CST tomorrow, 3/15. Thank you.

Edited by Yoruichi-san