BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Human origin" according to my own theory"

wolfgang

As we know,according to Bible, God creates the world in six days,as the earth is spherical, so the word"day" makes no sence, but I think it refers to a period of time which is ( about 756,666) milion years( depending on the age of earth which is about 4.54 billion years,devided by 6 periods).

We read in Bible that in fifth period God commands the sea to "teem with living creatures".

And in the late stage of the sixth period he creates humanity.

According to Charles Darwin who was the first to formulate a scientific argument for the theory of evolution by means of natural selection.

we can immagine that these sea creatures were able to evolute and have enough time to undergo their high grade of evolution reaching humanity.

And when God creats human at the end of the sixth period, this human ( according to my own theory) was not the only one on earth ,but there were other human beings generats from evolution.

After that , they married each other and mixed together leading to us.

What do you think?

From what I've heard, in the original Hebrew of the Old Testament, the actual wording is a period of time, but that was translated to a "day."

As to the rest of it. I am personally wary of evolution, and that's not because I'm religious but because I'm logical. I can see the earliest beginnings where the primordial soup formed the basics of life, and I can see the very end where evolution and natural selection are making subtle changes in species. However, I can't for the life of me see the middle.

If you think about it, once you get even only to the first single-celled creatures, hardly any mutations will be beneficial. The chances are probably in the range of one out of a billion or so. That would mean you need billions of one species for a few to have beneficial mutations. Then the mutants have to be able to survive long enough to make a billion more of their kind, with many more, probably detrimental mutations getting in the way. While getting to the proper numbers probably wouldn't be a problem in the bacterial world, there is still a lot going against even them probability-wise.

If you look deeper into the probabilities, you will realize that for every beneficial mutation, there will be millions of other mutations, most of them detrimental. The only way greater organization can come out of that is with incredibly large numbers. Again, this isn't much of a problem for bacteria, but when you carry this over to the multi-cellular world, I see major problems.

Today we're worried about the genomes of species, including ourselves, degrading rather than continuing to evolve, for the same reasons that I just mentioned. So how could species have evolved so far up to this point, but only just now have genomic problems? I know some of it has to do with the lack of natural selection, especially in humans and agricultural breeds, but in no way does that cover all of it. The only solution I can come up with is divine intervention. Without it, I can't see any hope for complex life.

So to get back to your theory, I believe all the species we're created by God through evolution. I don't think significant complexity-building evolution is possible without God. Some species may have evolved on their own, but from my observations, none of them are more complex than their ancestors. So maybe there was one race of mankind that other species diverged from, or maybe primitive man-like beings did evolve from apes, but I can't see equals to humans being the offspring of pure evolution.

• Upvote 1

It's not from "pure evolution." It's from evolution through natural selection. And natural selection does account for increased complexity.

I'm talking about natural selection, too. When I say "beneficial mutation" I mean one that gives them a greater chance of survival. But say a species just underwent a beneficial mutation, and then those with the mutation out-survive those without it. (And I know evolution is not this linear, but I believe talking about it this way is sufficient.) It will probably be hundreds of years before the next beneficial mutation in the population, and during that time there will be countless detrimental mutations. How can a species survive all of its detrimental mutations just with a few beneficial mutations every now and then? (And forgive me for not being very knowledgeable about all the facts and figures. The furthest I have gone in biology so far is my high school advanced biology course. There may be facts that completely destroy my theory, but I haven't heard any yet.)

But wouldn't those with the rare beneficial mutations be already riddled with detrimental mutations?

Those that are will die. There will be, however, that single organism where every mutation lines up perfectly, and thus will survive and thrive and the process repeats.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Thanks dear friends,joining me in my theory...

When I was young...I asked myself many questions about our origin...how come that out of two identical persons( Adam and Eve),five human races are formed?

and should the original children marry each other?!

Moreover, when I read what happened to Cain after he killed his brother Abel, the lord punshed him,thus he said:

I will be a restless wanderer on the earth, and whoever finds me will kill me.'

But the Lord said to him, 'Not so; anyone who kills Cain will suffer vengeance seven times over.' Then the Lord put a mark on Cain so that no-one who found him would kill him.

So Cain went out from the Lord's presence and lived in the land of Nod,east of Eden.

Cain made love to his wife, and she became pregnant and gave birth to Enoch

I noticed that he married a woman from another land, and this supports my idea.

How on earth does the story of Cain support your idea that evolution is guided by a supernatural force?

Please don't be angry at me. Despite what you probably think, that theory is not at all founded in my religious beliefs. Like I said, I'm very logical. And I often doubt things in my religion due to that. I'm just lucky my religion is very logical as well.

And also, when anger is involved, I tend to go with the side that's less angry, because that usually means they have their stuff together....

Also, Wolfgang, that is interesting. Like maybe Israel is chosen because they are the direct descendants of Adam and Eve.

Israel (the nation) is descendant from Jacob (renamed Israel) so that all descendants of Adam and Eve (except the lineage of Jacob) are not God's chosen. This was God's promise to Abraham (the grandfather of Jacob) in Genesis 12:1-3.

I have always wondered about Nod and the people who lived there and have heard a few explanations (although nothing can be proven). In a time when people lived longer, Adam and Eve had other children who moved to other lands before the curse of Cain.

Genesis 5:5- "So all the days that Adam lived were nine hundred and thirty years; and he died."

I'm not discounting the theory. It's just as viable as anything else and I'm glad to see the discussion on the subject.

• 8 months later...

I hope that I don't sound rude, but it is illogical to believe in evolution and God. If you believe that God is God( that is, all powerful and omnipotent) than why would he create some stuff and let other stuff evolve? If you believe that the Bible is true, than the Hebrew wording of the text clearly indicate a literal "day" further supported by the phrases "the first day", "the second day", etc.,and "there was morning, and there was evening". These do not point to millions of years. Being a Christian and Creationist, I believe that God created in six literal days. I believe these things because I have researched theories for the origin of life and find Creationism to be true. If anyone is interested in the evidence for Creationism or support for the Bible, I would be happy to post it here or on a different topic.

Edited by Kikacat123

• 3 months later...

Being a Christian and Creationist, I believe that God created in six literal days. I believe these things because I have researched theories for the origin of life and find Creationism to be true. If anyone is interested in the evidence for Creationism or support for the Bible, I would be happy to post it here or on a different topic.

Wow. I didn't know. I am also a Christian and a Creationist, but my faith tends to be kinda messy, and thinking about it and trying to put it into words tends to make it worse. That's why I won't be posting my own beliefs, but perhaps some comments on those of other people.

I hope that I don't sound rude, but it is illogical to believe in evolution and God. If you believe that God is God( that is, all powerful and omnipotent) than why would he create some stuff and let other stuff evolve? If you believe that the Bible is true, than the Hebrew wording of the text clearly indicate a literal "day" further supported by the phrases "the first day", "the second day", etc.,and "there was morning, and there was evening". These do not point to millions of years. Being a Christian and Creationist, I believe that God created in six literal days. I believe these things because I have researched theories for the origin of life and find Creationism to be true. If anyone is interested in the evidence for Creationism or support for the Bible, I would be happy to post it here or on a different topic.

I find it perfectly logical to allow evolution and creation. All events need an impetus hence creation but would be boring if nothing ever changed from that point. It may be due to my raising in the eastern block but I am a deistic individual and i see nothing wrong with a hirer being starting things, creating a set of rules (or laws) for those things to operate in then sitting back and enjoying the events and reactions that unfold as they strive to exist within (maybe even bend/break) those rules

I mean "evolution" as one creature changing into another. There is nothing wrong with simple mutations, for instance, two dogs breeding to produce a whole different type of dog. Natural selection and mutation are proven theories that we can see happening in the world today. Evolution, however, is not.

I'm with BMAD on this one - I believe that there is on omnipotent "creator", some sort of incomprehensible being that created the universe. Simply put, there is really no other way.

But I do believe that's where things stop. This "God", for lack of a better world, was the stimuli that began the world. However, I don't think that "It" shaped creatures and all that. Evolution (really, just natural selection over millenia) took its course. This creator probably does not guide us in particular (humans are, at the basic level, animals. And no other animals get divine help). Maybe there's an afterlife, maybe there isn't. But this creator is out there somewhere, doing...God stuff, I guess. Probably off messing around with a world where elephants have wings and civilization and stuff.

I'm with BMAD on this one - I believe that there is on omnipotent "creator", some sort of incomprehensible being that created the universe. Simply put, there is really no other way.

But I do believe that's where things stop. This "God", for lack of a better world, was the stimuli that began the world. However, I don't think that "It" shaped creatures and all that. Evolution (really, just natural selection over millenia) took its course. This creator probably does not guide us in particular (humans are, at the basic level, animals. And no other animals get divine help). Maybe there's an afterlife, maybe there isn't. But this creator is out there somewhere, doing...God stuff, I guess. Probably off messing around with a world where elephants have wings and civilization and stuff.

Why would the creator stay "out there" doing "God stuff"? We have a need to be social, maybe He does too. I doubt that's fulfilled by screwing around with aware, flying elephants.

I like to think of the creator as a curious child playing with a train set. build it, plan what it is going to do, then marvel as the train goes around in circles...eventually boredom hits and it is time to go build another train set.