Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Things you learn from tv/movies

• Please log in to reply
210 replies to this topic

#61 archlordbr

archlordbr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 02:02 AM

Reinforcements will arrive as soon as they're no longer needed. No sooner, no later.

#62 NickFleming

NickFleming

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1233 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 02:43 AM

Also: Reinforcements often if not always encounter difficulties on the way there. I found one exception to your thing arch: LOTR Return of the King Something along the lines of: "You're late." "A wizard is never late, but arrives just when he is needed." (Someone forgot to set their alarm clock)

#63 harvey45

harvey45

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 07:59 AM

I found one exception to your thing arch: LOTR Return of the King Something along the lines of: "You're late." "A wizard is never late, but arrives just when he is needed." (Someone forgot to set their alarm clock)

The actual line is:

A wizard is never late. He arrives precisely when he means to.

-----

*If there is a very important item that cannot ever be lost or the mission would fail, there will always be a point where the characters believe it has fallen into enemy hands.

*If you are trapped somewhere and forced to work or do training, the kind of work/training you are forced to do will help tremendously in your captor's defeat.

*If you come to a hall with 2 doors, and the pretty girl advises to go one way, go the other way. The villain will always be right behind the door she picks.

Props if you can name the movie, game, and show (respectively) that I directly got these out of.
(the second one fits Iron Man, but it's not what that is based off of)

#64 NickFleming

NickFleming

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1233 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 02:59 PM

Is the second one when Princess Leia strangles Jabba the Hutt with her chains?

#65 MissKitten

MissKitten

Merthur <3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2185 posts
  • Location:At my computer, or maybe writing fanfiction, and losing my sanity and innocence

Posted 02 August 2010 - 09:26 PM

There is always a breaking news broadcast on a 13" tv that seems completely irrelevant but really is foreshadowing the crime in the movie/show/etc.

Chocolate is proof that God wanted us to be happy.

So you want a fight with intent to kill? Then come fight me! It's here in my bow, that intent to kill you love so much! ~ Uryu Ishida

... ~ Nova-kun

Society needs to learn how to adapt, or humanity is screwed. ~ MiKi, aka MissKitten, aka myself

#66 harvey45

harvey45

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 11:33 PM

Is the second one when Princess Leia strangles Jabba the Hutt with her chains?

Makes some sense, but no. (See, these do apply in a lot of movies.)

Hint->that one was gotten from a game. The first one from a movie, and the last one from a cartoon.

#67 archlordbr

archlordbr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 03:09 AM

Second one made me think of Angus. I don't quite remember it, but he is taken captive and forced to work as a slave, and that ends up making him stronger or something like that. But Angus is a book. Since you're talking about a game, I have no idea.

#68 teekayla

teekayla

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 04:00 AM

if your mother is dead... you are the spitting image of her.
a scene that is mandatory in "follow your dreams" movies:
mom: daughter? why do you want to dance? why do you want to quit medical school?
daughter: it's what i want, mom.
mom: but med school was your dream?
daughter: no, mom... it was YOUR dream

#69 harvey45

harvey45

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 09:19 AM

The first one should be quite easy, my mind doesn't switch trails very fast...
Also, just realized that many games use the "train players for the final battle" tactic. The one I was thinking of was one where:
*the saddest part of the game was training for the main goal of the boss battle
*all but one major game concept appeared during your escape to the boss battle, and that part was stepped up a huge notch and was the 2nd part of the boss battle.

Anyway:

-anything seemingly completely innocent (like a child's song) is actually coded instructions for something crucial.

-aliens exist, and 50% of our nation's debt is spent keeping that fact covered up.

-'close' or 'end' as part of a riddle always refers to death.

-a 6-shot revolver can fire about 10 times before it runs out.

(sorry if any of these or similar ones have been posted before)

#70 NickFleming

NickFleming

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1233 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 12:29 PM

In firefights, the heroes will most always miraculously dodge absolutely every single bullet, and if they do get hit its not that big of a deal, while every single one of their bullets hit and instantly kill someone.

Edited by NickFleming, 03 August 2010 - 12:30 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users