BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

randro

Question

I have not seen a topic on these major controversies so i decided to take action :) Please vote and explain why.

I choose Pc because I have had pc for all my life and they almost never break, they are reliable, they have all the major kinks worked out, and they are affordable.

I also choose Ps3 because it has better graphics better wireless and it has more memory.

Edited by randro

I have both types of computers in my house but I picked mac because I do not use my comp extensively for games and I think in general macs are more user-friendly and smoother to use but it is close, I like both.edit: and mac gets less viruses and vista fails

I chose xbox because that's what I have. I love xbox live and all it's great features. Xbox is also cheaper and I like the controller better. I love many xbox exclusives like halo and gears of war(but wish I could get littlebigplanet). Ps3 is good and I would love to have it but xbox is definately better for me

Edited by TwoaDay

I have both types of computers in my house but I picked mac because I do not use my comp extensively for games and I think in general macs are more user-friendly and smoother to use but it is close, I like both.edit: and mac gets less viruses and vista fails

I chose xbox because that's what I have. I love xbox live and all it's great features. Xbox is also cheaper and I like the controller better. I love many xbox exclusives like halo and gears of war(but wish I could get littlebigplanet). Ps3 is good and I would love to have it but xbox is definately better for me

I have to agree with you on tht one because the xbox has a better controller design and xbox live is better but more expensive.

I chose a PC because of its flexibility. I can install any version of Windows, Linux, FreeBSD or any other compatible Operational System I want. Also, I can buy or download plenty of games, which I like very much. Still, just some years ago MAC started selling its products in Brazil, so it's not very popular here.

I prefer PS3 because of its graphics and I just love Sonic the Hedgehog games. If I buy a PS3 one day and I have only this game, I'm happy. B))

I chose PC because I've never used a mac. I agree that vista fails, however.

Chose X-Box 360 because the PS3 is WAY too expensive for what it is. And X-Box has a lot of better games, in my opinion. (I think the Wii beats both of them, but whatever.)

I voted for ehat I have though use a Mac occasionally

I believe that the MAC is somewhat safer due to the 'Bill Gates/windows' bandwagon for viral attacks etc

no real preference - as for games - not at all bothered.. my nephew has PS3 and xbox and I fail at both :P

PC because Macs DON'T HAVE A RIGHT CLICK :mad: What is the point of that? I love my PC...it got rid of a Trojan Virus :o Also, Xbox is what we have *not 360 mind you, the old one*, and all my favourite James Bond games are on it :3

<(^-^)>

I have to go with Macintosh. With the new Laptops that have come out with the Intel core duo processors, you can run both Windows and OSX on it with the right program. Why buy two machines when one can do it for you?

And I went with the 360, mainly based on bias as I have it. I've also noticed more lag on my friends PS3s when playing online multiplayer games.

I picked PC and Playstation 3 because they are what I am used to. Although I do not have a PS3, I wish I did. When I got married, I had to make decisions for two instead of just myself and my wife wanted a Wii and I thought it looked fun. We ended up getting a Wii and the Wii Fit board and I really enjoy both, but it does not satisfy my gaming desires. Wii's are good for Party games and general fun (If you havent played raving rabbids 3 with the balance board yet, you should :lol: ), but no serious games.

Xbox is best at providing good interaction and team games, such as halo and gears of war. Playstation has always been more of a single player consel. I enjoy playing games with lots of people, however, due to a severe case of brand loyalty brought on by Crash Bandicoot (the first three) and Spyro the Dragon (again, the first three) and cemented by Kingdom Hearts, Jak and Daxter, Rachet and Clank, Marvel Vs. Capcom 1&2 and other great games, I still choose Playstation over Xbox. Now I just wish I had one.

PC because Macs DON'T HAVE A RIGHT CLICK :mad: What is the point of that? I love my PC...it got rid of a Trojan Virus :o Also, Xbox is what we have *not 360 mind you, the old one*, and all my favourite James Bond games are on it :3

<(^-^)>

The 360 can play the Orinigal Xbox games :P

<(^-^)>

Actually macs do have a right click, you just need a two buttoned mouse or to hold down control(i think it's control) while you click

Actually macs do have a right click, you just need a two buttoned mouse or to hold down control(i think it's control) while you click

Wouldn't it be easier to just put in a right click? o.O

<(^-^)>

Macs > PCs for me.. for a couple reasons. First, there is no such thing as a Mac virus... if you find one, PM it to me as an attachment, I'll download it and see if it lasts .002 seconds or if it works at all :P If you can write a Mac virus you'll go down as a genius. Macs use a more secure UNIX foundation (similar to Linux structure) and are more structurally sound. Think of Windows like a leaky boat with lots of holes (thus all the "patches"), while Mac is a sturdy ship (no patches issued, no safety updates necessary).

Linux is better than Mac AND windows for server stuff and internet stuff, though (that wasn't an option).

For me, the Mac operating system is so much smoother and easier to find stuff than the windows layout, but I understand that's just a personal preference and depends on what you're used to. But for me I feel like I have control over my mac whereas a PC has weird things hidden in weird folders that don't entirely make sense.

Also, Macs are much faster per megabyte space than PCs - this could just be a ram thingy, but on many PCs I've used, it takes forever to do simple tasks.

So I'm mostly pro-Mac, but there is one major thing that is pro-Pc as well: games and applications. So much more stuff is compatible with only PCs. However macs are increasing in popularity so mac stuff is too, so it's not that bad

and yeah some Mac mice have right click (and superduper spherical scroll wheel that can go in all directions), others just have a single button but can be manipulated with other buttons (like option or control)

I have only ever used a MAc once and it was confusing so although they do look nice i chose the pc. The Xbox is what I have and I think that it is amazing. The controller is great and Xbox live is also good. I don't know if on the PS3 they have something similar to the achievements on the Xbox but that is on of the best things about it. The graphics is also good on full HD.

I chose Mac cos thats the best for my graphic design work, my PC is just a dossing machine when i'm bored.

Chose Xbox 360 over PS3 just cos of the better online play, cant get a decent connection on my ps3 but no problems with Xbox Live, wired LAN connections on both