BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Matrix Thrill-ogy

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think renan and JZ are agents and that someguy is the indie

In that case we still have an agent missing! I think that the Frenchmen is dead and that SG is OK!

Can you give a hint as to your id please? It will help me in my decision tonight.

Look... I don't want to waste a valuable action just so you could be sure!!!

Go with it... if you are a goodie, you'll stop pushing.

Edited by andromeda

In that case we still have an agent missing! I think that the Frenchmen is dead and that SG is OK!

If you're sure about it then good

We really shouldn't out all of the innocent roles if we can help it.

I will trust you on it, Andro, I just wanted to be sure. Your good in my book TwoaDay.

I don't even know where to start with your post BB. Regardless of your slew of insult-laden remarks, I'll try my best to form a polite and logical response. If you had misquoted me any further than you had, I'd be convinced we were playing different games. My thoughts in RED

It's easy to pick on my strategy when you refuse to acknowledge the gaping holes in your own <_<

Or, as was the case with SD... reword a concept multiple times so that it can be counted multiple times. <_< <_<

So let me get this straight... as you stated "We also gain peace of mind that we didn't delete a possible HUMAN because we thought it was good strategy." So by lynching a baddie and then leaving Neo to shoot in the dark... we gain MORE knowledge? No way man. That doesn't get us as much info as my method.

Oh wait, you must've been suggesting that we should lynch JarZe because we know that he's a baddie, and Neo shouldn't act so we can leave Randro for tomorrow! Gotcha... except that is moronic. We would get set back another day... which you were already complaining about when JZ was picked up by Apoc.- I did suggest we lynch Jarze because he is bad. That's how we win. I never said we should save Randro for later. I said the Oracle should investigate him so we dont delete a good guy.

So you say I have flaws in my logic? Yes. Very clear ones. At least I am advancing toward our win condition, which you are not. - Your brilliant plan did the opposite. It killed a good guy...We're supposed to delete Agents. Which my plan would have. You lead a lynch against a Human without any evidence. Advance towards WINCON? Maybe, but not the Humans...

'There is nothing certain about this method except that an agent lives another night." Last time I checked... if any agent gets lynched... the others live to see another night. How are you expecting to argue something like that and have it make sense? - I was referring to a specific agent, Agent Brown. Typcial misquote here or just plain misunderstanding on your behalf...Of course the other agents live. But not Brown. (WINCON) And we don't kill a good guy.

Anyways... the basic concept here with your idea is that we Lynch JarZe and gain no info at all. And have Neo attack tonight and learn no info at all. OR we lynch JarZe and gain no info at all. And have Neo not attack tonight and learn no info and possibly not kill an agent... I'm not sure which way you are expecting to take that plan, but either way, this plan is a pursuit of ignorance. - No. You clearly are ignoring all my other posts about investigating Randro because we're not sure who he is. I never suggested that Neo should attack nor that he should wait for later. My suggestion was to lynch JarZe during the day and investigate Randro at night. Perhaps you'd like to refer to the conversations between myself and Andro et. al

The basic concept of my plan is to Lynch a likely baddie with a likelihood of gaining info (I dunno why it's not a 100[%] chance of gaining info, but you have stated that it's not, so for argument's sake we'll assume that there's only a 50% of learning anything at all). And then have Neo take out a certain baddie tonight while Dozer blocks that baddie (so there's no difference b/w him living through the day or not). This idea comes with a risk of killing an innocent in the lynch, but no more risk than having Neo do it at night. The difference is that we gain info my way. - It's not 100% because Mouse, our KIA investigator is already dead. Therefore, NO ROLE REVEAL. Forget 50/50. Keep track of players and RDs and you won't play under such a false pretense. Again, don't recall saying Neo should kill Randro...And if I did somewhere far back and out of context, I certainly made clear later on that was not part of my plan. My plan was to lynch JarZe (A. Brown) and investigate Randro. The difference is you wanted to lynch Randro randomly to save the JarZe kill for the night. And yeah, we gained info your way...at the cost of a Freed Human. My way eliminated that risk entirely. Not to mention, we don't know what secret abilities the Agents have so a lynch is a surer way to eliminate an Agent than a night attack.

Remember my post about Zero Sum Game? Guess which section Randro getting lynched and being revealed as a good guy falls into? The detrimental section. The worst 25%. Brilliant plan, BB!! Lead us to victory... <_<

Edit: Format

Edited by Social_Darwin

If you're sure about it then good

We really shouldn't out all of the innocent roles if we can help it.

I have to admit, I agree with SD on this one. With the number of Goodies that we have left and the number of potential baddies, it is a good idea to coordinate our efforts and be sure of our actions so as not to step on eachother's toes. We are more powerful than them. We cannot make any mistakes. There are only a few roles which have not yet been IDed and helps all involved to know who they are.

Edit: I understand that directly outing roles will result in loss of ability, but some people have given no indication as to their ability. Our goal is to win by killing all of the agents, not keep our secrets.

Edited by IDoNotExist

It's different because my recommendation wouldn't have been "kill him because he's idle." Oh, and he could've offered information to the agents? As if they don't already have it. At least half the players in this game have posted something that is essentially "Hello! My name is ______." The Agents didn't need Cypher's help any more, we did it for him. On the other hand a 2/3 chance of having a save/block? Yes please. As for my continued survival? Night 1 I wasn't at risk. Nights 2 and 3 I've been relying on my secret ability.

So, it's night time now. Neo, I'm afraid you have no choice, much though I'd like you to have one. We're still facing a full contingent of agents (thank you Bb), which means that blocks are going to become an issue. I should be fine, but Morpheus, please give Trinity a visit, if you think she's exposed. Otherwise, we all came to play the game, right? :) Give it your best shot.

Oracle, please investigate our fearless leader (Bb) or 2aDay. It's about time we got some questions answered.

You mean like you's, SD's, and SG's

TD, you are the only one, other than Renan (Captured) and JarZe (hopefully dead after tonight) that has no definite evidence for innocence (other than Andro, who admitted that she did not want to waste a look on you to be 'sure' meaning that she is not 'sure'). SD was targeted night one to be killed. SG was targeted to be investigated. If you havent figured out who I am yet, than you havent read enough. I probably have more hints out there than anyone.

Who are you?

Edited by IDoNotExist

It's different because my recommendation wouldn't have been "kill him because he's idle." Oh, and he could've offered information to the agents? As if they don't already have it. At least half the players in this game have posted something that is essentially "Hello! My name is ______." The Agents didn't need Cypher's help any more, we did it for him. On the other hand a 2/3 chance of having a save/block? Yes please. As for my continued survival? Night 1 I wasn't at risk. Nights 2 and 3 I've been relying on my secret ability.

So, it's night time now. Neo, I'm afraid you have no choice, much though I'd like you to have one. We're still facing a full contingent of agents (thank you Bb), which means that blocks are going to become an issue. I should be fine, but Morpheus, please give Trinity a visit, if you think she's exposed. Otherwise, we all came to play the game, right? :) Give it your best shot.

Oracle, please investigate our fearless leader (Bb) or 2aDay. It's about time we got some questions answered.

The oracle knows who me and Bb are, a better question is, who are you?

I don't even know where to start with your post BB. Regardless of your slew of insult-laden remarks, I'll try my best to form a polite and logical response.

Hahahaha... don't take it personally that's just BB's way of... um... communicating! ;)

My action is in! I'm off to bed... night guys -_-

You mean like you's, SD's, and SG's

Edit: responding to idne

Agent Brown (hi, Jarze) attacked me Night One.

Agent Smith attacked IDNE Night Two.

You are one of a few players who have not been mentioned by name in the night posts. Perhaps your role has, but not "TAD". You have not been attacked, have not saved, have not blocked. So what have you been up to, busy little bee? Killing Freed Humans?

Edited by Social_Darwin

Too late, got other plans...

baking cookies

:P

(other than Andro, who admitted that she did not want to waste a look on you to be 'sure' meaning that she is not 'sure')

I said that I don't want to waste an action for YOU to be sure, NOT for ME to be sure! :rolleyes:

Hahahaha... don't take it personally that's just BB's way of... um... communicating! ;)

I'm all for intellectual debate and there is nothing wrong with being passionate about one's point. But insinuating that I'm "moronic" and my suggeted plan is a "pursuit of ignorance" goes a litte above and beyond passion and starts to resemble insults and anger. More than font manipulation a simple code of personal conduct should guide these games, not irrational and emotional outbursts strung with insults. If I wanted that reaction, I'd start dating my ex-girlfriend again.

Now I'm no less human (and no more agent-program) than most of us BD Mafiosos so I'm prone to the same...impulse to argue as the rest of you. That being said, I'm quick to forgive and forget, but I rarely stay silent when engaged and do not shy away from confrontation. If you haven't already, you will learn that about me eventually.

Assuming BB doesn't come back on here and start calling my mother terrible names, I think the game can resume in a competitive and polite fashion.

Very well, that's enough. I'm done. I am going to be passive, and will follow the bandwagon for the remainder of this game. Good luck, humans. I will perform my night actions, but I'm not enjoying this.

Edit for clarification: This group has been rude, insulting, and generally unwilling to "play the game." The spy outed herself, and is resting comfortably behind her invincibility (and will continue to for at least one more night), and it's become a game of night actions, and BIG LETTERS, which is just not enjoyable for me. I've no further input, not that it matters because it won't be written in size 32 font.

Edited by SomeGuy

L-E-T

I-T

G-O!

:mad:

Jesus Christ!!! Can't you just let it go!

He is a 100% goodie! I can not say some things... get that through your thick scull!

Chill out. Seriously. I wasn't talking to you and I was making a movie reference with the "busy little bee" line. Go to bed, you're obviously tired and cranky.

Edit-A: Agree with SomeGuy. Consider this my last mafia until people learn to play with decency and respect. This is NOT fun.

Edit-B: I'm off BD for the next 18 hours. I have a conference for work. I will perform my night actions and vote as needed.

Edited by Social_Darwin

darn school is boring, constricts learning, and kills you on BD. :(

i would have posted except that i couldnt because i had to sleep (my dad makes me go to bed at 9:30) and i had to go to school or i would have at least tried to convince you guys i was a goodie and changed my vote to jarze.... Well nothing to do now but go sit in a corner and think *the code will get its revenge*........ *the code will get its revenge* MUHAHAHAHAHAH

Edit: lol not used to dead person color

Edited by randro

I said that I don't want to waste an action for YOU to be sure, NOT for ME to be sure! :rolleyes:

I apologize Andro, I misunderstood your meaning.

I will structure my actions based on TwoaDay being a 100% goodie, unless informed otherwise.

I don't even know where to start with your post BB. Regardless of your slew of insult-laden remarks, I'll try my best to form a polite and logical response. If you had misquoted me any further than you had, I'd be convinced we were playing different games. My thoughts in RED

Edit: Format

We're just gonna have to agree to disagree then. B/C we now have more info with the way things turned out than we would have had your way. Plus JarZe dies. Plus we killed the role that is set to betray us (I think you said something about paying attention to the RDs?). So we have advanced just as far towards our win condition AND gained info. It's nice to know that an Agent dies tonight instead of an unknown human.

I'm happy with the way things turned out. Since Randro was going to die either way (in the lynch or during the night) then this was the best scenario in which it could have happened.

BTW, who ever said you were moronic? I clearly stated that the idea of having Neo attack an unknown person is moronic. But you clarified that you were not suggesting that. So what's the big deal?

And a plan that is geared against learning additional info is in fact one that is quite plainly a pursuit of ignorance. -_- Plain and simple, my wording may not be to your liking, but it is what it is. I'll try to be more PC for you next time so you won't become angered at a debate over strategy.

I can see how both sides have advantages, and both are valid courses of action. SD and BB you both are intelligent and came up with the courses of action that best fit the knowledge that you had on hand according to your ability and knowledge you have gained throughout the game, knowledge that the other person does not know about. We are lucky that things turned out this way. Let's make the most of it. We can win this easily.

Guys... y'all need to chill out. I think somewhere in the middle of all this it's been forgotten that it is a game after all :).

SG, I agree big letters aren't the nicest things to view and could be left out, but then again, I hope that's not why you're quitting. People are entitled to post whatever whichway they choose, it's LIS who monitors it. Please don't let it deter you. (BTW I'm not questioning you or arguing, I'm just trying to keep the game going, and hoping you'll play on :)). The Battle for Mount Olympus was basically a Night Action game, and it was a great game.

And SD, although I think Bb could have said what he did with a bit more... tact, that's just his way, after playing with him you realise it :). I'm sure he didn't mean for it to seem as if he was insulting you.

Again I don't want to appear to be disagreeing with either of you, I'm just trying to repair some damage and keep the game going. I think the fact that 600+ posts have been made is a testament to how good the game has been.

----------------

On the lynch itself: That's a good result. We have an irksome innocent dead fair enough, BUT he could have had a secret wincon, or an ability to be recruited by the Agents, as the RD's hint to. Also we know we knock off an agent tonight. Whereas if it had have been the other way around, we would be killing Randro tonight, and on Day 4 not know who he was. Which is bugging me about Izzy 2.0

----------------

@IDNE: Trying to get TAD to come out with his role is essentially what spoils Mafia. I mean this is the kindest way possible :), and I know your intentions were purely from a Free Human perspective, but if you ask the unconfirmed to out themselves it corners the Mafia, and in turn kills the game. Especially at Night.

So TAD even if you are bad (and Andro this is hypothetical - it doesn't matter if people don't exactly believe you on things, that's what's good about Mafia :)), don't hint at your role. Not yet anyway. It's night time, that sort of thing should be left for the Day.