BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Mafia IV

unreality

what made it really great was that we didn't have any in actives this time :P

yeah true..but at one point I thought that the doc/healer were inactive. They weren't saving anyone :P

This was the best mafia game till now :D

700 posts after a long time! :D

Edited by Nayana

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just wanted to say that this was quite an education for me.

I really liked it though. Ive got to start realizing that I am playing a character

and need to change the way I talk/type. So many times I would type

something and realize oh that gives me away as the healer.

Maybe I am in real life....My emails to friendds seem to sound like it.

And GC, good game Doc. I used psychology for all my decisions.

I was sure that Nayana, Yoruchi, and Cherry lane were Mafia. Kat had me Totally fooled.

Good game and kudos to the mafiasa!!

So, Frost if you are going to lead the next game I would enjoy taking part.

Fine with me. The sign-up will probably be starting in under a week.

Edited by Frost

Whoa, I'm just glad it ended without me dying as an inactive...I have been moving to a new house the past three days and no internet set up. Hey Unreal, you know I would have taken that knife away and beat him with it (well, maybe just in real life :D ) but nice ending. I should be on Mafia V with Frost, got to get my internet switched over, for right now I can just use work and that's iffy.

I've been thinking about the end of the game and it seems to me that 5-4 ratio of innocents to mafia actually made if harder for the mafia. The only unrevealed non-mafia kill was Slick, and I thought the bucket was a pretty obvious clue as to his identity, so there was no way that any mafia could have died. As such, the innocents knew that they needed to find each other and make a unanimous vote against a mafia member. If the number of mafia still alive had been uncertain, they wouldn't have had to be so careful.

My explanation:

By day three, some of the innocents knew each other's identities (through meeting or deduction or investigation) so if a mafia member started the voting against an innocent, it might very easily have ended up backfiring if he (or in this case she) picked the wrong person. So what the mafia really needed was one innocent voluntarily targeting another innocent, and then they can all jump on board (which some reservations, of course ;) ) at which point, the game would be over with their win.

So when I accused esjohnson, it was playing right into the best strategy for them. If that didn't work, they could try to point the finger at me next. However, since I basically knew that johnson wasn't mafia, I knew that anyone jumping on the bandwagon with me would likely be mafia for that very reason. (I'm actually surprised at how well my gimmick worked, it killed two birds with one stone for me; it confirmed my suspicions regarding the Warlock and it went 3/3 on mafia. B)) If I had been truly working for the innocents, I think that it might have led the innocents to the win. -_- Of course, if I had been truly working for the innocents, I probably never would have thought to try it. :P )

And dnae, there's no way you would have beaten a fanatical follower of Unreality in a knife fight. The host god Unreality gives his loyal followers special knife-fighting training. ;):P

So when I accused esjohnson, it was playing right into the best strategy for them. If that didn't work, they could try to point the finger at me next. However, since I basically knew that johnson wasn't mafia, I knew that anyone jumping on the bandwagon with me would likely be mafia for that very reason. (I'm actually surprised at how well my gimmick worked, it killed two birds with one stone for me; it confirmed my suspicions regarding the Warlock and it went 3/3 on mafia. B))

Nice strategy! Meanwhile, the mafia were waiting for an inocent to put forth an innocent name. None of US could do it - we needed to make sure there was at least 1 innocent on our side of the vote. Once you did, we felt some of us could join in the vote.

But when you changed your vote - you didn't vote for me - why? Had you not ended the game, it would have been johnson who was lynched because innocents were divided betseen 2 mafiosas.

Edited by Cherry Lane

Very exciting ending. I should always listen to my esp the first time. CherryL, I thought that you did not defend your self enough. My thought was that you were to confused and unaware on how to defend. So I switched my vote. All girls Mafia? I never would have guessed. Nayana, I knew that sweet little animal avatar was just a cover-up so , had I survived you would have been arguing with me shortly after that lynching. Wonderful story! Glad everyone enjoyed it .

I suppose this was the best one yet. Anyway, I got to go mop the floor. :lol:

So when I accused esjohnson, it was playing right into the best strategy for them. If that didn't work, they could try to point the finger at me next. However, since I basically knew that johnson wasn't mafia, I knew that anyone jumping on the bandwagon with me would likely be mafia for that very reason. (I'm actually surprised at how well my gimmick worked, it killed two birds with one stone for me; it confirmed my suspicions regarding the Warlock and it went 3/3 on mafia. B)) If I had been truly working for the innocents, I think that it might have led the innocents to the win. -_- Of course, if I had been truly working for the innocents, I probably never would have thought to try it. :P )

Lol...yeah, I totally missed the warlock clue...I considered that the reason he didn't vote for BB was because he was the warlock, but since everyone else was, I figured the warlock wouldn't want to out himself...but I didn't really think about it too hard...

...actually, I thought a clever innocent might try that trick, so I didn't go after johnson until basically he had, like, "dropped five axes on his own foot" ;P...so that it wouldn't look suspicious for everyone to vote for him...lol, actually, I had my vote post all ready, but then I saw that dusty had just posted, so I postponed my post so that it didn't look like we were jumping on the train...

...I should have known something was up with you...I just didn't expect that there was a hidden baddie...well, I'll be ready next time I play...

The most amusing thing, I think, is finding out that slick had rolled a kill on Brandon and actually didn't use it...haha...I guess the odds were stacked up against BB...

But Dawh, you definitely get my vote for MVP of this game...which just happens to correspond to my first lynch vote next game...:P

Slick actually made a good decision in not killing Bb- the next day, Bb was killed and his role revealed, as opposed to his role NOT being revealed if Slick had killed him. However, if slick DID kill him, there would be an open lynch slot- but you might've just lynched another Innocent, who knows :P

Edited by unreality

...actually, I thought a clever innocent might try that trick, so I didn't go after johnson until basically he had, like, "dropped five axes on his own foot" ;P...so that it wouldn't look suspicious for everyone to vote for him...lol, actually, I had my vote post all ready, but then I saw that dusty had just posted, so I postponed my post so that it didn't look like we were jumping on the train...

But Dawh, you definitely get my vote for MVP of this game...which just happens to correspond to my first lynch vote next game...:P

Thanks...I think. :unsure:

I guess I'll have to watch my back in the future (and figure out how to grow eyes in the back of my head to do it :P ) I guess I know who to vote for if my back's against the wall...wait, I've just mixed my metaphors, haven't I? :wacko:

I really hadn't thought about doing it until I was trying to force johnson to reveal his role. In the event, that someone else was trying to find the Jihadist, I thought that outing a few mafiosos might work as a good cover.

Was the spy looking for me Unreality? You sort of hinted that he knew that something was afoot in the end post.

Slick actually made a good decision in not killing Bb- the next day, Bb was killed and his role revealed, as opposed to his role NOT being revealed if Slick had killed him. However, if slick DID kill him, there would be an open lynch slot- but you might've just lynched another Innocent, who knows :P

Yeah, I'm not saying it was a bad decision...it was just amusing at how basically Bb could have been killed/lynched/blown-up...and it was ironic that slick chose not to kill Bb, but Bb killed slick...;P

Thanks...I think. :unsure:

I guess I'll have to watch my back in the future (and figure out how to grow eyes in the back of my head to do it :P ) I guess I know who to vote for if my back's against the wall...wait, I've just mixed my metaphors, haven't I? :wacko:

I really hadn't thought about doing it until I was trying to force johnson to reveal his role. In the event, that someone else was trying to find the Jihadist, I thought that outing a few mafiosos might work as a good cover.

Was the spy looking for me Unreality? You sort of hinted that he knew that something was afoot in the end post.

Watching your back isn't going to help...I have *other* ways to kill you...hehe...science pays off XP

Yeah...I thought the Jihadist was dead, based on what Unreality was saying (and saying and saying...;P) about how the innocents were screwed if they voted wrong...I thought that if the Jihadist were alive, he/she could take out one of the mafia...but you were *actually* after the warlock all along!

Working on getting to 1000 posts for you, Nayana ;P

Oh, yeah, and thanks so much Unreality, it was great! All the twists and turns kept my mind reeling, trying to figure out what to do next (and added to my sleeplessness :P)

Well, I've already seen some of that, less reading for me! B))

I was laughing at you lying mafiosos throughout the weekend.:D

You mean mafiosas ;), and part of my strategy was trying not to lie...except for claiming to be an innocent of course...;)

Yeah, you're right about that, welcome to the club B))

Hehe, Brandon, want to make a wager on which one of us gets lynched first... :P

Great game and very unexpected ending.

Still can't believe that the mafia found my hints before the innocents did :lol:

Well Played everyone B))

Lol...actually, it was ironic...the fact that you tried to be too inconspicuous by not saying anything when you voted for Kat was what made me suspicious of you...

At first my decision was to kill Brandonb. Then I thought it was much too early in the game and I knew he'd be hung anyhow. If he turned out to be an innocent. I would have spoiled the beginning for many. I prefer it when someone is cut and dry about their identity. It just does not work in these games. People finally noticed the deceitfulness and took care of business. I should have been more blood thirsty. Then the innocents would have maybe won. GC, I was wrong thinking you were a Mafia. I may have voted for you because you mistook PGL. I left a note about people who are less active with less posts have a longer stay in the game. I think it is in Brandons profile. Regardless, it seems that if it was a good time, then why not get started with the sign - up now. Seeing that it takes so long to get to that 1st Chapter.

EDIT Hooray for me. I get to start with page 100. YAHOOOOOOOO. :P:P:P

Edited by akaslickster

Do you like the idea about pick the number that will determine your character. It might take alittle longer no?

Do you mean that everyone picks a number and each number is assigned a role before hand? That would take a little while, especially with the fact that some people will probably pick the same number. Unless it was by the order that they signed up...I'll think about it, but I personally prefer to choose(somewhat randomly) who has each role.

oh my god, i haven't been on in twelve hours and I am shocked. The all-girl mafia was completely unexpected, I actually guarded a Mafia on the third night <_< and I think I speak for everyone when I say GREAT GAME :D

Hehe, Brandon, want to make a wager on which one of us gets lynched first... :P

Sure, I dunno what we'll wager, but I bet I don't see the 2nd night. <_< Seriously, And then I'll wager that you get lynched on day 2. :P (assuming that you make it through the 2nd night). :o

oh my god, i haven't been on in twelve hours and I am shocked. The all-girl mafia was completely unexpected, I actually guarded a Mafia on the third night <_< and I think I speak for everyone when I say GREAT GAME :D

Hehe...yeah, you were my knight...you just didn't realize that I was No Princess ;P

Sure, I dunno what we'll wager, but I bet I don't see the 2nd night. <_< Seriously, And then I'll wager that you get lynched on day 2. :P (assuming that you make it through the 2nd night). :o

Lol...I dunno...depends on who's playing...;P

3 more posts till 1000...where's PG? I want to hear her comments...;)