6. dyalDragon - Photography Club
7. akaslickster - National Honors Society
8. marksmanjay - Prom Committee
9. Panther - Chess Club
10. Yodell - Quiz Bowl
11. lahiem - Debate Club

Host comments:

About players:

I was incredibly impressed by how well everyone did in this game, especially considering the fact that this was the first mafia for many of you. My only comment towards you as a whole is to pay more attention to actions in the night posts and role hints throughout the game so you can more easily deduce who each person's role is.

My commendation goes to Kikacat123, who was so easily able to figure out who had what role (or she was just really good at guessing).

About Mentors:

The mentors during this game, Plasmid (for Kikacat123) and araver (for vcvcvc12), were absolutely incredible. They were willing to answer questions and did so in ways that made everything crystal clear. I would not have been able to answer their questions as adeptly as they did.

About Hosts:

I have a lot for this section...

1. Auramyna and I realized immediately after Night 1 that we wanted to change the rule from "NKs have a carrier and are blockable/redirectable" to "NKs do not have a carrier and are not blockable/redirectable." The reason I did not mention it in Day 1 was because I did not want to mess with lynch because everyone would (correctly) assume that Flamebirde was the Chorus. In hindsight, however, I realize that I should have shared this information as soon as we decided it so as not to give the Baddies an advantage.

2. I personally do not think we should have given the Baddies a block, since the NK was already blocking. Instead, they should have had a spy.

2a. The NK should not have been blocking, either. On N1, akaslickster saved himself, but because the NK was blocking, he died. As the whole point of a save is to save a person from the NK, he should not have died.

3. Numbers 1 and 2 made the Baddies entirely too strong. They were able to interfere with a large majority of the actions each night, even getting to the point on the final night where only the Baddies and Indy were the only ones who successfully acted.

4. A few errors were made by me throughout the game:

4a. I should have mentioned earlier that the rule about the NK not having a carrier had changed.

4b. Araver said this in a PM:

Question to hosts:

Original post states: "Day 2 onwards - all in tie roll randomly". When I read this, I first understood that each in the tie roll have an independent chance of being lynched.

D3 post shows: "Finally, the majority of the people decided it was either dyalDragon or Nana. [...] Tails. Nana77 was suddenly swept up by the students and ejected from the school". The Day post suggests a different rule set: the one where exactly ONE in the tie will be lynched. Was this the intent of the rule from the OP?

This caused me to have an error in the post for D3, which could have ended up changing the game.

Anyways, game is a learning experience for everyone. If anyone has any comments/criticism for me, please share it with me. I would be more than happy to know how I can improve :)

If you did not enjoy this game, do not fret! There are many different types of mafia out in the world of the interweb, so please do not be discouraged if you feel as though you did not like this or you weren't good at it.

Thanks,

Brainiac100 :)

One thing about kills that are blocking, the block portion only happens if the kill portion happens. So a nk on a player who saves self should fail, with the save and failed kill both in the np. If Slick had been nk and blocked by a separate block, then he would not have had the save. But a player who is saved from a nk is not blocked anyway by the nk, the save prevents the kill and also the blocking aspect of that kill.

Also, since kills were blocking then save should have been in the oop since there could be a loop.

Good job hosting though.

And do you have a list of all the actions in the game? Can you post them if you do?

Yes.

Chorus NKs Slick - carrier for story purposes only. NK SAVED! (Actually no, cos kills are blocking.)

1. Flamebirde - Chorus blocks Jay

2. nana77 - Guitar Club rdirects panther to panther

3. Kikacat123 (mentored by Plasmid) - Future Farmers of America - RID steal Panther as Guitar Club

4. vcvcvc12 (mentored by Araver) - Mock Trial follows flamebirde

5. TheCube - Band - day action

6. dyalDragon - Photography Club spies slick

7. akaslickster - National Honors Society saves slick

8. marksmanjay - Prom Committee traps no-one

9. Panther - Chess Club - day action

10. Yodell - Quiz Bowl blocks flame

11. lahiem - Debate Club asks "Is Slick a bad guy?"

Actions

Baddies NK Yodell

1. Flamebirde - Chorus blocks vcvcvc12

2. nana77 - Guitar Club redirects dyalDragon to dyalDragon

3. Kikacat123 (mentored by Plasmid) - Future Farmers of America - RID steal Panther as Chess Club

4. vcvcvc12 (mentored by Araver) - Mock Trial follow spy dyalDragon

5. TheCube - Band - day action

6. dyalDragon - Photography Club spies Yodell

9. Panther - Chess Club - action stolen

10. Yodell - Quiz Bowl blocks dyalDragon

11. lahiem - Debate Club asks "Are Yodell, Panther, or TheCube mafia?"

Actions

Baddies NK Panther

1. Flamebirde - Chorus blocks dyalDragon

2. nana77 - Guitar Club redirects vcvcvc12 to vcvcvc12

3. Kikacat123 (mentored by Plasmid) - Future Farmers of America - RID Steal vcvcvc12 as Guitar Club and spy Lahiem

4. vcvcvc12 (mentored by Araver) - Mock Trial follow spies Nana7

6. dyalDragon - Photography Club spies Nana7

11. lahiem - Debate Club asks "Are Nana and I playing for the same team?"

Actions

Baddies NK Panther

1. Flamebirde - Chorus blocks dyalDragon

2. nana77 - Guitar Club redirects vcvcvc12 to vcvcvc12

3. Kikacat123 (mentored by Plasmid) - Future Farmers of America - RID Steal vcvcvc12 as Guitar Club and spy Lahiem

4. vcvcvc12 (mentored by Araver) - Mock Trial follow spies Nana7

6. dyalDragon - Photography Club spies Nana7

11. lahiem - Debate Club asks "Are Nana and I playing for the same team?"

hi,

so I agree with nana on the save, but frankly I don't know how Aura could have missed that since she's an old time player :-s

also - one question to cube and nana : why did you not sway the vote in your favor D2, and let cube be lynched ? with cube;s manip power I think you had the votes to save him .. or at least to go into a tie... instead flame voted for him and nana decided to go neutral ...

Brainy.. nice hosting, even if with some mistakes... but mistake is human nature and we could not have asked for a better host :thumbsup:

on your notes: if you would have kept the NK carrier and switch from player to player as/if they died then it would have leveled the plainfield even with the NK being blocking ;)

On a personal quest to better understand the rules of the game (and someday hosting myself) - maybe araver or slick or anyone with hosting experience could answer this one:

N1 actions :

Chorus NKs Slick - carrier for story purposes only. NK SAVED! (Actually no, cos kills are blocking.)
1. Flamebirde - Chorus blocks Jay

4. vcvcvc12 (mentored by Araver) - Mock Trial follows flamebirde

8. marksmanjay - Prom Committee traps no-one

10. Yodell - Quiz Bowl blocks flame

In this situation and with the following rules:

OOP (Order of Precedence): Kill>redirect>trap>block

Faction OOP: Baddie>Goodie

Explanation of OOP - This only comes into play in a loop of actions. Otherwise all actions go through. A loop will be broken by the highest action in the OOP going first.

Why in this case was flame blocked by me and not him blocking jay ? (the fact that jay had no action has nothing to do with it) Why did my action get priority over his ?

Either both blocks should have gone through - cause it was not a loop ? Otherwise .. how do you choose from two actions that have the same priority ...

A blocks B

B blocks C

C performs an action

and in any case .. why did vc's follow spy did not get the role of Flame's target .. in this case jay's trap ?

Thanks again to all for an entertaining game , even if I died N2 ;) it was fun to haunt as well ;)

@ Yodell: I only hosted a couple times in the many years and can tell you there should be <> signs for which action takes precedence and if it is a tie, i.e. 2 blocks blocking each other, it may be a coin toss to decide which goes thru. Some of these issues I still don't understand. These acronyms are beyond me as well so I prefer to play rather than host. ;)

The way I looked at it, there was no loop, so your action blocked his. If he had blocked you and you had blocked him, his block would have overpowered yours. So in the case you presented, vcvcvc12's role only allowed him to know who Flamebirde targeted, so vcvc didn't learn any roles through this. (I believe I said that "Flamebirde targeted no one")

An action will go through if it isn't blocked.

On d2, Kikacat had a x3 vote manip to use and we expected it would be used if the vote was close. Which would have meant Cube was lynched anyway and Flame and I would have stood out big time having voted with him. If Kika had not stolen the vm, or if anyone but Kika had been the other lynch target, we might have chanced it.