BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Harry Potter Mafia I

It seemed to me like we over analyzed aaryan and peace's quotes that may regard their character. They simply made a reference. I don't want to say too much if I don't need to because I could endanger someone, but I think we can vote for peace, yodell or psycho. I think we can find one of them to be a baddie by looking at the first lynch.

Edited by Q-Cumber

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know about Peace or Psycho but given that Yodell was blocked and Hermione wasn't mentioned in the post, Yodell would be my first choice to vote for. The only reason I can think of that Hermione wouldn't act is to make the trapped person seem suspicious but I just don't think that is as likely as Yodell being Hermione. So for now,

1. Psychosmurf-

3. Thalia- voting for Yodell

5. Peace-

6. Q-Cumber-

9. Yodell-

10. TrUnX -

11. curr3nt- voting for TrUnX

2. Aaryan-- killed by Harry et al

4. Akriti-- killed by harry et al

7. KlueMaster-- killed by Harry et al

8. the son of rage and love-- lynched and found to be Voldemort/Quirrell

Sorry if I missed someone's vote but I don't see any others.

Edited by Thalia

awsm work Q-Cumber ur on right track....

iam damn sure u found two of the baddies in the list u gave...

i will add you to my trust list nw....

these are some of my predictions

1. Psychosmurf-My first thought of this guy was a baddie.Bt after

recent post which he made of considering replacement made

me think otherwise( its very rare that we find a baddie

considering for replacement on the 3rd night, they are almost in

winning position)

3. Thalia- i trust her shes a goodie...in the beggining was not sure bt it was eventually confirmed after seeing her intrest in this game( shes least bothered about who dies or whats happening here...i suppose shes jst reading previous 4- 5 posts and casting her vote)

5. Peace-after N2 there was 50% chance of her being goodie...bt considering the present situation and what happened after D2( did lot to get harry out on d2...bt couldnt)i dont consider her to be goodie...

peace a highly active and higly social girl of the den suddenly slows down her activity in this forum... for suppose, if she is busy writting essays and every thing theres no way she could forget about casting vote on that day (considering her dedication to game and to den) especially after being asked for(This is unlike piece)

6. Q-Cumber- Considering your contribution and intrest in finding baddie rules you out of the baddie zone

9. Yodell- Common shes for sure hermione...shes blocked and there is no baddie spy activity

10. TrUnX -

11. curr3nt- after n2 i was 60% sure that he was Baddie ....bt nw i am 100% sure hes a baddie and 70 % chance that hes the harry.

hope this comes to some help(most of the predictions based on the fact that we are all new to mafia..experienced players would have played a bit different)...

Edited by TrUnX

I took this as Trunx continuing. I can't tell if it is a ploy or not. If they are "away" then how can they defend?

-----

Who the heck is Chess? Unintended hint but Shadow saying that they are still looking for replacements leads me to think Chess isn't Psychosmurf or Trunx. It isn't me nor Q-Cumber. Thalia didn't say anything about it nor Peace about Thalia maybe being Chess. Yodell could have blocked himself which makes about as much sense as Thalia doing it D1. Akriti could have been Chess since Shadow said baddie kill doesn't stop block.

-----

Peace didn't say anything about being Potions either.

-----

Q-Cumber did you see other posts where people made a non-sequitor-ish reference to a role in this game?

why do you want to know whoz the chess is???Yodell could have blocked himself which makes about as much sense as Thalia doing it D1. i couldnt make anything out of this.... why would some body want to block themself at this point of timee....

@Q-Cumber its 4V3 nw(its very important for us that all goodies stick together and vote one baddie out)

i go with thalia, iam voting for yodell(as she was blocked and thers no spy activity)

i wouldnt be der fr rest of 2day so dnt expect any replays back from me

i forgot to add in my previous post

why are baddies nt killing Curr3nt???( if he is a goodie he must be the first player to die considering the no of games he played and the damage he could do to baddies)

Edited by TrUnX

5. Peace-after N2 there was 50% chance of her being goodie...bt considering the present situation and what happened after D2( did lot to get harry out on d2...bt couldnt)i dont consider her to be goodie...

peace a highly active and higly social girl of the den suddenly slows down her activity in this forum... for suppose, if she is busy writting essays and every thing theres no way she could forget about casting vote on that day (considering her dedication to game and to den) especially after being asked for(This is unlike piece)

Sorry about that.

I took a screenshot of the finished essay. Truthfully, you have no idea if i tell the truth when i say what I'm doing, but this is what happens. believe it or not. At 8 o'clock, the monitors on my floor (i go to a boarding school - BDers can vouch for that, go to my FB page, and look under education) yell "doors open!" and then we have study hall. study hall is 8-10 pm. If we get caught, we're given grades. This is penalty marks. I dont know what you would call it. If you get enough of them, you get something called a screw crew, where you have to work for 2-3 hours. Its not horrable, but you also dont want to get grades in general.

Ive pretty much figured how to get past the system. When the mons check in, turn your computers towards them, so show your only on itunes or a blank document or something, then turn them back. then do what you please. If i dont have a lot of homework, I do this. If i do have some homework, I'll do about 50/50 of this. (however, then i usually do some stuff in the morning). somtimes, ill acually work (gasp)! However, while you can get late lights (stay up a hour past 10:30), you get VERY tired VERY quickly. And sorry, I know this is a long explanation, but Im jsut trying to explain.

Then you have great expectations. ohhhhh...great expectations. It is quite a good book, and it's good to do passage analyses on, but I suck at passage analyses. This means i cant be on the internet, or even 50/50. (i might be able to go for a few minutes). And what happened really was a screw up on my case. I told myself to use Self Control. I set it for 2 hours. And then looked at the time when i was done signing in (Internet goes out at 10:30 - this is all EST by the way - so we have 10 to 10:30 for ourselves and what we want). and thats when i looked at the time, swore (quietly, thank god), and got online to hope you wouldnt dismember me for my mistake.

Im going to do the 50/50 thing right now - i still have math to do. half of it. picture provided. (enjoy my glamorous hair!)

and also: I know i made a lot of hp references in ths game, but i tried to keep them too not - character people...excpet for that one time.

yes, i am claiming potions.

Trunx, does this mean you don't need a replacement?

And despite requesting a replacement, any of the players desirous of replacement may have submitted an action past night if they had one.

You may be right on that. He has been trying to blame me for a bunch of things, but otherwise lurking in the shadows. What do you think about peace, because at this point I trust your opinion.

1st of all I have to say I'm a girl ... (says female on my gender :D)

second.. in this game I am a newb so appearing to be "lurking" has a few reasons:

- real life related .. most of the playing time for me is during business hours ... so i don;t have all time at my disposal to look through posts and post myself too much

- i'm kinda on the other side of the world then you guys.. 9PM EDT is 4 AM for me.. so I'm only posting during sleep time for you all.. and nobody seems to read what I write....

- logic wise : having 3 heads in this game is not a very good role to speak a lot ..being a new as well .. I try to go under the baddie's radar ... unlike curr3nt or trunx who like to be in the spotlight....and manage to get as asleep with the music of their words...

Getting to defense now:

Q-cumber's little play with words, suggesting that he's Neville might be a veeeeeery good attempt to get our attention away from him.. He himself might be Hermione for all we know and not spying last night was a clever way of pointing the blame at whoever gets blocked... Wizard Chess has acted all nights...

I could indeed be hermione... vote for me if u do believe so .. but I'm telling you that if u vote for me today it will be 3vs3 and next night we loose :(

claiming roles is not really proof that u are the one u say u are :

peace is claiming to be potions

q is claiming to be neville,

curr3nt is claiming to be keys

aaryan was calling for fluffy to help before dying so he already knew who fluffy was ... and that makes him filch (damn I wish i responded then and there.. but i did not know the rules... and then later couldn't change my vote... )

thalia, trunx, smurf never claimed to be anyone...other then just "goodies"

everyone here claims they're goodies..

But that does not guarantee any of the claims are real... or that they aren't

I'm not saying that they are not who they claim to be ... but not all of them for sure...

my list of suspects right now is: everyone

everyone is as possible baddie as anyone else.. including me

.. with maybe curr3nt and trunx working together behind the scenes to make us believe it's a feud between them...

In my eyes baddies did not use Hermione's ability last night ESPECIALLY for this reason : so all of you could blame the person being blocked to be hermione....

it's your choice to vote for me... and it seems that right now it is politically correct.. but that does not mean i am a baddie....and I swear I'M NOT HERMIONE !!

Of all Trunx wrote at least he was nice enough to confirm that he is still in the game. And he gave about the answers I suspected.

winning position)

3. Thalia- i trust her shes a goodie...in the beggining was not sure bt it was eventually confirmed after seeing her intrest in this game( shes least bothered about who dies or whats happening here...i suppose shes jst reading previous 4- 5 posts and casting her vote)

6. Q-Cumber- Considering your contribution and intrest in finding baddie rules you out of the baddie zone

9. Yodell- Common shes for sure hermione...shes blocked and there is no baddie spy activity

10. TrUnX -

11. curr3nt- after n2 i was 60% sure that he was Baddie ....bt nw i am 100% sure hes a baddie and 70 % chance that hes the harry.

hope this comes to some help(most of the predictions based on the fact that we are all new to mafia..experienced players would have played a bit different)...

Trunx concerning Psychosmurf. He asked for replacement so he must be good and since Trunx asked for a replacement he is good too. Also says baddies are in winning position. If the goodies have indentified the baddies like he also thinks then no the baddies aren't in a winning position.

Trunx concerning Thalia. She is a goodie because she is least bothered about who dies or what is going on?

Trunx concerning Peace. 50% chance of her being a goodie? Where does he come up with these percentages? If Peace was only proven to not be Hermione. After N2 there were 9 roles still alive. She could have been 2 of the baddie roles or 5 of the goodie roles. (6 goodie roles but if the person doing the math was a goodie then they could eliminate one) I do not get 50% out of that. Then he accuses her of being a baddie because she didn't vote. Why didn't he accuse Thalia of not voting D1 then?

Trunx concerning Q-Cumber. He thinks you are a goodie because you are trying to find the baddies. But I'm trying to find the baddies and Thalia isn't concerned but he comes to different conclusions for both of us?

Trunx concerning Yodell. Yodell has to be Hermione. There is no room for any doubt in his mind. Only roles in this game without doubt are the baddies.

Trunx concerning me. Again he is now 100% sure I'm a baddie now. The previous day when he was so sure he was only actually 60% sure. Again, he has to be making these percentages up.

Final thought of his was obviously newbies would have to actually be newbies and couldn't play any other way.

I wish I knew what he edited. Either he caught himself saying something he shouldn't or was told to fix something.

why do you want to know whoz the chess is???Yodell could have blocked himself which makes about as much sense as Thalia doing it D1. i couldnt make anything out of this.... why would some body want to block themself at this point of timee....

@Q-Cumber its 4V3 nw(its very important for us that all goodies stick together and vote one baddie out)

i go with thalia, iam voting for yodell(as she was blocked and thers no spy activity)

i wouldnt be der fr rest of 2day so dnt expect any replays back from me

i forgot to add in my previous post

why are baddies nt killing Curr3nt???( if he is a goodie he must be the first player to die considering the no of games he played and the damage he could do to baddies)

I want to figure out who Chess is because the more pieces I can fill in the less places baddies have to hide. I noticed you picked up the weirdest scenario I listed and ignored that I tried to fit Chess to each person. I actually believe that Akriti is Chess.

How amazing is it that you "won't" be around for the rest of the day to respond to anything.

And your logic against be works just as well against you. If I'm such a baddie and you are on to me why are you still alive?

fyi, I think this is only my 7th game and I've only been on the winning team twice? (Might have been one more but if so I was dead before the end) That makes me such a pro compared to the rest of you all /sarcasm

I really do not know if Yodell is Hermione or if it is a trap set by the baddies. However I am pretty darn sure that there are two other baddies out there. Leaning towards Psychosmurf, Thalia or Trunx. Heavy on Trunx.

My vote is staying on Trunx. I'm betting he could be made to miraculously appear in spite of what he wrote.

Well, i know i am a bit or , yes, more inactive but this will last only for a day or two more.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused by me. Well, i am really not getting what's happening here. I think i have to read the whole thread again after two days and form an opinion.

And, i will not be at home today evening coz i will attend the tution. So, my vote goes to Peace (i must remind that its a random vote coz i have no time to read the thread carefully. So, i have made no strong theory) Well, other than peace, i suspect yodell and thalia. (atleast one of them has to be a baddie. I am sure of it ).AND, aaryan i am really sorry for you. :( :( :( we will surely lynch a baddie

If they figured out that Akriti was Chess then it isn't much of a gamble to guess she would block Yodell next.

It isn't proof that Yodell isn't Hermione but I just do not want to risk being suckered into a baddie trap.

There are so many things here. One thing for sure, Akriti was NOT chess. She could not have blocked someone post-mortem. I got the impression that thalia and peace are either a goodie and a baddie or 2 goodies. Otherwise voting patterns have been off. I won't vote yet, because I'm waiting for a certain vote that would lead me to a definite baddie.

Yes she could Q-Cumber. I think you have order of operations confused. All actions basically occur at the same time. Order of Actions is used to break loops.

It was already asked and answered but I'll ask again.

If baddies killed Chess would the block action still occur?

Previous answer:

Block blocks everything except for baddie kill. Goodie kill comes next, then spy, but goodie kill does not stop blocks, nor does baddie kill (baddie kill doesn't stop goodie kill either)

They can kill Chess but Chess does get to finish last block submitted.

winning position)

10. TrUnX -

trunx, why are u so certain of things ? do u have inside info ? u just picked up on curr3nt's explanation on the likelyhood of why i should be hermione... and between u 2 .. always speaking against eachother.. and neither of u dying (gettting killed) ... i'm thinking You, Trunx are using that aggressiveness against curr3nt to always have a scape goat.. to always have someone against who to speak...

also .. buddying up with q-cumber .. is the same try to make yourself 'one of the team' if u know what i mean.....

I don't really know at this point whether curr3nt is working with u or not .. but I'm sure now that u;re a baddie ... (not sure which one at this point...) cause harry cannot get blocked and hermione not acting tonight is surely a clever play from the baddies to frame... well me, or anyone being blocked.. akriti made it preatty clear she's suspecting me or peace or thalia.. she blocked thalia N1.. peace N2 so i was to follow... and i did...

at this point i'm casting my vote: Trunx

Vote roaster:

(last one voting was trunx - right ? did not miss any other votes i hope..)

1. Psychosmurf -

3. Thalia - voting for Yodell

5. Peace -

6. Q-Cumber -

9. Yodell - voting for TrUnX

10. TrUnX - voting for Yodell

11. curr3nt - voting for TrUnX

1. Psychosmurf -

5. Peace - voting for Yodell

6. Q-Cumber -

11. curr3nt - voting for TrUnX

Thinking over it...

Akriti might be chess. Even dead, the block would go through. who was blocked? yodell. simple enough. she's hermione.

Seems obvious that I was wrong about Akriti.

So at least one of Q-Cumber, Peace, Thalia or Yodell is a baddie. Two of these four would have to be wrong for me to be wrong about one of Psychosmurf or Trunx. Three would have to be wrong for me to be wrong about both Psycosmurf and Trunx.

Instead of guessing which of the four might be the baddie I'm looking more at Psychosmurf and Trunx. Neither have claimed roles. (You haven't either)

Q-Cumber has claimed Neville

Peace has claimed Potions

Yodell has now claimed Fluffy

I'm Keys

For you to not have said anything about someone's claim you'd have to be Chess or Snare. You haven't reacted to Chess so you'd have to claim Snare.

Trunx didn't react to the claims of Neville or Keys or the possibility of Chess or Potions taken. So he'd have to claim Snare or Fluffy.

Part of putting out that list was for everyone to see how others reacted to the list.

-----

Who do you think I'm protecting or what did I miss? I think the time for vague games is over.

1. Psychosmurf -

5. Peace - voting for Yodell

6. Q-Cumber -

11. curr3nt - voting for Thalia

Thalia is not Keys.

This explains a bit. D1 you didn't vote and D2 you were late vote and the last vote on Tsoral. D3 you are the first voter.

After seeing me claim Keys you go vote for Yodell without saying anything?

I already explained my crazy schedule the past few days with AP testing and other school stuff. As for your claim that I didn't say anything when I voted for Yodell, you should reread my explanation that is in that post. I didn't say anything about your claim to be Keys at first because I thought you might be Chess protecting yourself. Now, it's going to take A LOT to convince me that you are not a baddie.