BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

wolfgang

Question

i like this world. i want to join you in this world. i truly do. sadly, this world seems too much like the world of Maximum Ride, and i have too many strange things going on in my life related to Maximum Ride that make me have second thoughts about joining this world. so you will just have to keep me informed.

it would be cool, but if things happened (like crash landings) in the air, then it would also affect below. spilled gas (if using jetpacks/flycars/whatever) could start forest fires. We'd crash into birds, and flying things. airplanes would be in more danger. no one wants a drunk guy on the road, let along in the air either. while we (as a species) look at advanced technology as better, it could be worse. greener technology: yes. possibly destroying the earth: no

No, Peace. Think more along the lines of people with wings. That would be a wonderous world. One I would surely enjoy seeing.

...and on the drunk thing?

but still...read maxium ride? it sounds kinda creepy...

cause doing that would make enimies jobs easier.

wayyyyy easier.

Peace, consider this, if you will. Certain aspects of this would make an assassins job easier; others would make it more difficult. Pretend, for a second, we are winged people thinking about having no wings. Without wings: we couldn't fly away from danger, hunters would have a more difficult time hunting prey, we would run into each other with gigantic metal objects instead of random crashes due to flight.... It just depends on which side of it you are looking from, and how well adjusted you are.

Peace, consider this, if you will. Certain aspects of this would make an assassins job easier; others would make it more difficult. Pretend, for a second, we are winged people thinking about having no wings. Without wings: we couldn't fly away from danger, hunters would have a more difficult time hunting prey, we would run into each other with gigantic metal objects instead of random crashes due to flight.... It just depends on which side of it you are looking from, and how well adjusted you are.

ok...

1) yes it would, and how? they would FLY. for example: if they wanted to kill a whole plane, only one guy would fly into the air, fly into one of the propellers, and bam: dead. or would there be no planes?

2)pretending...ok: there would BE more danger. especially when your sleeping/defenseless. or would that be cured too by a personal bodyguard with wings? o.O so... more endangered animals? we already raise cows and such for killing. plus, by the time we evolved, there would be other technology that would do the hunting (aka constant slaughter of animals) for us. i put what i did in parentheses because although there may not be much of it now, there would be if we created technology to shoot anything that moves. we WOULD run into each other with giant metal objects? not helping your argument there...and even if you meant to say wouldn't, loosing power of your wings would cause you to fall. again, easier for assassins, just chop a wing off. you only have to shoot it once actually (Max: A Maximum Ride Novel by James Patterson).

your opinion definitely depends on what side you look at it from...thats kinda what opinion is. how well adjusted...only time would tell. over all, i think there would be more deaths, but then again, you could argue for natural selection/people less likely to drink alcohol, maybe?

Do you think ,our houses will be the same as they are now?...what about the doors?

Will be borders between countries?and how would they be?

which inventions were to be unnecessary,airplanes?,,cars?,,trains?,,others

what about horses?

Thousands of things are jumping in my mind...

Let us build this world in our imagination....I love details

I think trees or underground habitation would be more the norm. Trees would provide some protection from airborne invaders but weak against fire attacks. Cliff caves would provide the best defensive positions.

National borders I am not sure about. Most seem to have been based upon mountains and waterways because they could be used as a wall in defense. I would think with flight we would see waterway borders (easy to mark) and range based borders around defendable centers.

Military development would be interesting. Projectiles seem to be the best way to go. If flight is wing based then flinging nets would work great. Ground tech would want to focus more on defense and ranged attack. Would cannons ever have been invented since they would be so easy to attack from the air? Where would that take gunpowder based technology? Shooting nets maybe?

I do believe automobiles and trains would still have been developed solely for the transportation of goods. Moving trade goods just wouldn't be viable via air. Horses used for ground transport as well.

Once the population reached a certain limit I think the upper class would limit the lower class to mostly the ground. Even going so far as clipping wings in some cultures.

Wish flying would make everyone happy and peaceful but it would take more than wings to change our basic nature.

ok...

1) yes it would, and how? they would FLY. for example: if they wanted to kill a whole plane, only one guy would fly into the air, fly into one of the propellers, and bam: dead. or would there be no planes?

2)pretending...ok: there would BE more danger. especially when your sleeping/defenseless. or would that be cured too by a personal bodyguard with wings? o.O so... more endangered animals? we already raise cows and such for killing. plus, by the time we evolved, there would be other technology that would do the hunting (aka constant slaughter of animals) for us. i put what i did in parentheses because although there may not be much of it now, there would be if we created technology to shoot anything that moves. we WOULD run into each other with giant metal objects? not helping your argument there...and even if you meant to say wouldn't, loosing power of your wings would cause you to fall. again, easier for assassins, just chop a wing off. you only have to shoot it once actually (Max: A Maximum Ride Novel by James Patterson).

your opinion definitely depends on what side you look at it from...thats kinda what opinion is. how well adjusted...only time would tell. over all, i think there would be more deaths, but then again, you could argue for natural selection/people less likely to drink alcohol, maybe?

i dont mean to sound rude, but as my teacher would say, you're overanalyzing!

First, since I can't get this out of my head, I've played FFVII:Crisis Core, and there are two/three/four people in there who have wings. Well, a wing really but whatever.

They consider themselves monsters just because of their genitic make-up(which is decomposing) and so act. If everyone had been like them, they would not have considered themselves monsters. One is Genisis, the villain, whose wing is black. Another is Angeal, who only fights with Genisis because of what they are, and has a white wing.

I just had a thought that different races of the winged humans could have different colored/styled wings.

What I originally wanted to say was that our technology would probably have developed differently if we had wings. For example, we would not have invented airplanes since we could already fly. Also, our weapons would probably be different. I can't think of any examples, but you know what I mean.

And MissKitten, the point of this is basically to overanalyze what we normally wouldn't.

i dont mean to sound rude, but as my teacher would say, you're overanalyzing!

we're imagining a world. Im sorry if i came off as "everything about this is wrong," i just think that sometimes, people look only at the good, which can be dangerous. while very cool, this "world" wolfgang wants us to think about could also be very hectic.

i was just trying to make a response...If you disagree with me, please share why. thats what the forum's for. :)

First, since I can't get this out of my head, I've played FFVII:Crisis Core, and there are two/three/four people in there who have wings. Well, a wing really but whatever.

They consider themselves monsters just because of their genitic make-up(which is decomposing) and so act. If everyone had been like them, they would not have considered themselves monsters. One is Genisis, the villain, whose wing is black. Another is Angeal, who only fights with Genisis because of what they are, and has a white wing.

I just had a thought that different races of the winged humans could have different colored/styled wings.

What I originally wanted to say was that our technology would probably have developed differently if we had wings. For example, we would not have invented airplanes since we could already fly. Also, our weapons would probably be different. I can't think of any examples, but you know what I mean.

And MissKitten, the point of this is basically to overanalyze what we normally wouldn't.

I disagree about the airplanes. Although we *can* fly I imagine that we would be limited by endurance in the distance travelled. Once advanced enough mechanized flight would be logical to increase the distance allowed. Wings wouldn't change our drive to go farthur faster.

oh, i see how it is!

Kidding. :lol: i think i will overanalyze.

I was talking about this with my friend after school today, and we got to the point that the world would be a lot less polluted and we could all sleep in trees. We could just get up and fly away whnever we got tired of wherever we were. The world would be a lot less crowded, and a lot more fun, I think.