BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Games to Come (e.g. Mafia)

Gmaster479

i wanted to apologize for my last attempt to start a mafia, without discussing it first.

:blush: sorry.

anyway, I've heard that you guys are trying to do a role play.

so... how about this.

setup:

you and seven(?) other people have been sucked into a computer that's capable of generating an entire world.

what type of world it generates can vary, as can the laws of physics. in one part of the world, magic is possible. in another part, over-sized insects rule. in another, time travel is frequent.

your ultimate goal is to figure out what's wrong with each world and restore it to its rightful order, so you may escape the computer sim and go back to your normal lives.

character:

you should do a short human start bio.

starting race:

the first world you'll visit is an aquatic one. you may pick any sort of sea creature you can dream up, but it should be compact enough to be able to fit in a 3x3x3 meter box. (1 meter = the distance from the ground to the shoulder of a normal human being.)

example character bio.

name: cara

height: 5' 7"

background: abusive parents, shy, introverted.

aquatic creature: dolphin, with human like arms and hands.

basic rules of rp:

no god modding. you shouldn't do anything that drastically affects the environment around you. you also may not control other players. (i, or if deemed necessary, another GM will control any non-player combatants (NPC), or enemies you fight.)

an example of an acceptable post versus an unacceptable one.

acceptable:

Flora moves gracefully toward the Rock of Magii. she places her hand on it and attempts to call forth it's power. "rgoni fastini labadama!"

unacceptable:

Flora calls forth the Power of the Rock of Magii, and it imbues her with the ability of foresight.

(what sort of ability you might get from something like that would be an event a GM would decide, though you can request one via messaging [note: you may or may not get what you request. don't take it personally.])

acceptable:

gavin picks a knife from his belt. "do you know how many ways i can kill you right now?" he threatens to the dark wizard.

he attempts throwing it at the dark wizard's head.

unacceptable:

gavin picks up a knife form his belt, throws it at the dark wizards head, and it plunges deep into his flesh.

(you can assume minor actions such as speech or things that affect your only your character are doable.

but something like killing the dark wizard with a single action should be decided by the GM.)

quests: after a brief look around, an npc will offer you some sort of goal to complete. if your team accepts, you will have to work together to finish it. if not, you can look around some more, and another quest will present itself shortly.

messaging:

i encourage each player to message each other and myself behind the scenes. if you need a particular thing done, but feel your character is either incapable or otherwise prohibited, you can try to get another character to attempt it. if you have an idea for an enemy you'd like to fight, quest you think would be worth your while, skill your character should acquire, etc. by all means message me and I'll see if i can find a way to make it happen.

Updated Queue with Witch Hunt Mafia. The thread is over on MM, but I'll repost it here when its turn nears (after Klueless 2, DN, et al).

The only difference between the one there and here is that I split Order and Chaos into two separate roles, gave them a provision for BTSC, and an inability to kill each other.

EDIT: Also changed baddie wincon to simply be in majority.

Edited by Molly Mae

You guys should have Mafia General Questions thread since I have no idea where to post my general questions :) So here goes: I keep hearing references to Coup of Rhotus mafia and etc, but I don't see them here, are they in MM? Also, how does the queue work? Is it only for the games here? Do you discuss mafia game ideas here and then ask to be put in the queue (no, I don't have a mafia working in the back of my head, this question is for future reference)?

I keep hearing references to Coup of Rhotus mafia and etc, but I don't see them here, are they in MM? Also, how does the queue work? Is it only for the games here? Do you discuss mafia game ideas here and then ask to be put in the queue (no, I don't have a mafia working in the back of my head, this question is for future reference)?

Coup of Rhotus has been posted here. The sign-ups are posted somewhere in this forum. I'll edit with a link shortly. EDIT:

The Queue is only for BD games. MM has its own queue.

There was a mafia discussion thread here, I think. But there is a decent-sized sub-forum on MM.

Typically, a game is put in the queue (under in-construction) and the OP is posted by the host. Everyone can post questions and suggestions.

Edited by Molly Mae

UPDATED QUEUE shows me that we have a lot of sign ups. From what I can tell there should be one TMM game ongoing and one non-TMM game ongoing. Right now the only mafias that should be focused on are Coup of Rhotus and TMM IX. After that we can deal with Sakura's and Molly Mae's Mafias depending on if people sign up for them

• 3 weeks later...

Miki, many of us play on both sites. I think it is just bad luck that the 3 games in sign ups each have various reasons for having a hard time getting players right now. By the way, I am going to do the mixed up anime mafia over there due to the size and differentness of it, decided against trying it here.