Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

In Soviet Russia

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 kestrelknight

kestrelknight

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 04:48 AM

Oh no! We're straying into meta territory!

But in Soviet Russia, meta territory strays into you!

#22 BMAD

BMAD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1658 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 12:14 PM

Q: How does every Russian joke start? A: By looking over your shoulder.

Q: What is 150 yards long and eats potatoes? A: A Moscow queue waiting to buy meat. 

Q: What did the Russian people light their houses with before they started using candles? A: Electricity. 

#23 OmegaScales

OmegaScales

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 01:29 PM

In case anyone was wondering, the joke comes from the fact that in the Russian language, sentence structure is very flexible. This can lead to sentences like:

In Soviet Russia, the mouse catches the cat.

Welcome is greeted with you.

'Cause, y'know, I'm back.

Hi.

When the fiery moon rises and the frozen sun sets, then the war between good and evil shall come to an end. Until then I, the guardian of both heaven and hell, the keeper of destruction and bringer of peace, shall dream these lives to death and freedom.

#24 kestrelknight

kestrelknight

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 08:58 AM

Back what mean you do you're? Been haven't along all you here? Am or missing just something I? ... O_o

#25 flamebirde

flamebirde

the guy who lurks in the corners, posting useless stuff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1342 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 11:05 PM

Back what mean you do you're? Been haven't along all you here? Am or missing just something I? ... O_o

Nah, left did for time some.

Mafiosos and mafiosas of the world, unite! And then kill each other in a particularly tricky move that everyone suspects but never anticipates.

stand back. I'm going to apply logic.

Come join the battle against the Chromatic Witch! http://brainden.com/...nly-eat-orange/

The Coup of Rhotus still needs players!End the 2 year sign up phase! http://brainden.com/...-mafia-signups/

#26 kestrelknight

kestrelknight

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 09:38 AM

In Soviet Russia, I notice when people are inactive for a while!

Incidentally, I used a Soviet Russia joke before I participated in a game of basketball. I was on the green team, one of my friends was on blue. I walked up to him and told him simply, "In Soviet Russia, blue beats green," then walked away, grinning uncontrollably.

Edited by kestrelknight, 28 August 2013 - 09:38 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users