BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Ye Olde Mafia

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Day 3 – Electrifying!

The villagers crowded angrily around Voltage, holding up pitchforks and torches, cheering violently, even through the roaring storm. Rain pelted down on them all, making Voltages hair slick down over his eyes, which were staring pleadingly up at the villagers.

“Please, I’m not a baddie, I’m innocent! Lynching me would make us lose!” but his cries were useless to the angry mob. Various shouts of his name echoed across the centre of town, as Someguy walked up holding rope, which was heavy with the soaking rain. Izzy and Impervious threw log after log in a pile at Voltage’s feet as Randro cradled a flaming torch against the wind. Liam helped Someguy with the final knots, and everyone stepped back as Randro threw the torch onto the pile. The logs gave a sizzle, and hissed, but the flames would not start against the wind.

“Look! It’s a sign! I shouldn’t die today! Now let us all reconsid...” but Voltage didn’t get to finish his sentence. A booming thunderclap echoed through the square, and a brilliant flash of light blinded everyone. Izzy was the first one to look up, and she let out a gasp; the blackened body of Voltage hung limply against the almost incinerated bonds. Mummers of confusion, followed by relief passed through the crowd, when Impervious spoke up.

“So, who was he?”

The crowd, unhappy to be standing in the middle of a storm, shoved Liam forward to inspect the dead body of Voltage. He shuffled through the ash reluctantly, and his hand grazed something sharp. He cried back in pain, and sucked the new cut on his palm, while Someguy walked forward to pick up whatever it was. In lifted the object and turned around to face the mob. Raindrops plunked off the shiny, black steel of the Sword of the Dark Knight.

“But wait, didn’t the Dark Knight die already?” Randro asked, baffled. Slowly, the crowd came to the realization that they had lynched the Recruit. Another clap of thunder sounded, and the remaining villagers ran for shelter, as another flash of lightning crossed the sky.

1. star_tiger - DEAD (Killed by the Knight Captain)

2. Impervious

3. SomeGuy

4. crazypainter - DEAD (Killed by the Recruit)

5. randro

6. limeliam

7. JarZe - DEAD (Killed defending Izzy from Rogue and Exile) Town Guard

8. RPGBully - DEAD (Killed by the Chaos Magician)

9. voltage - DEAD (Lynched and found to be the Recruit)

10. Kathleen - DEAD (Killed by the Exile)

11. Joe's Student - DEAD (Killed by the Exile)

12. FIF - DEAD (Lynched and found to be the Coroner)

13. andromeda - DEAD (Killed by the Rogue)

14. Izzy

15. IDNE - DEAD (Killed by the Rogue)

16. twin_bro - DEAD (Lynched and found to be the Dark Knight)

Roles and Rules

Prologue: The Dark Knight

Night 1: First blood and watchful eyes

Day 1: Batman Falls

Night 2: Batman Returns

Day 2

Night 3: Dwindling Numbers

Thanks goes to Kat for the day post today. So down goes another baddie. Things are really coming down to the wire now. Let's get those actions in! 24 hours begins now.

Someone kill Liam tonight. Also, fairly sure Nick is the Chaos Mage at this point. Pretty obvious who the Exile is. I assume the king is dead, by means other than the Exile. There's hope! (You guys shouldn't kill me, I'm just too cool. >_>)

Edited by Izzy

Someone kill Liam tonight. Also, fairly sure Nick is the Chaos Mage at this point. Pretty obvious who the Exile is. I assume the king is dead, by means other than the Exile. There's hope! (You guys shouldn't kill me, I'm just too cool. >_>)

Who's the exile...not me?

Edited by Impervious

25151535 3215 1131425115 113341 24 51344415 4543 4434 51241344344254

4434 1215 21112442 243131 4344243115 4434 344542 50/50 43233444

24 1132 25243131243322 14444443

Again, to ensure my survival. Impervious is Mafia. I do not believe the goodies have a killing role left, which leaves the outcome of the game up to tomorrow's lynch. It will be 2 on 1 either way, Impervious.

25151535 3215 1131425115 113341 24 51344415 4543 4434 51241344344254

4434 1215 21112442 243131 4344243115 4434 344542 50/50 43233444

24 1132 25243131243322 14444443

Again, to ensure my survival. Impervious is Mafia. I do not believe the goodies have a killing role left, which leaves the outcome of the game up to tomorrow's lynch. It will be 2 on 1 either way, Impervious.

233452 1434 24 25333452 24 131133 4442454344 543445

233452 1434 24 25333452 24 131133 4442454344 543445

You don't. But you don't have to. Here. Let's make it more obvious. I am the Exile.

If either of us targets the other, then we are outnumbered in the lynch tomorrow. We will die at the hands of the goodies. If we don't, then WE will have the majority, or a 1 on 1 on 1 tie, at the very least. Even if the goodie killing role is alive, he can only kill one of us, leaving it with just a 1 on 1 tie. That would mean nobody gets lynched tomorrow, and the two of you kill each other at night (this scenario is very unlikely). So, 50/50 shot at getting first place, in the worst case scenario.

That is, unless you choose to attack me, in which case we both lose.

Read the OP. He is protecting him by default.

I misread what you said Impy... so my statement is false.

I already asked Unreality if writing in codes is allowed, I'm still waiting for his answer, but IF you DON'T STOP I'm alarming Martini, and you wouldn't want THAT to happen!!! I'm extremely fastidious when it comes down to mafia rules, or rules of any game for that matter :dry:

Edited by andromeda

It's all on topic. Notify him all you want. It's a cipher. One that he hoped I would figure out.

I know it's on topic! That's the whole problem. You shouldn't communicate like that! I don't think it's allowed. We'll see what will Unreality say.

Edited by andromeda

You don't. But you don't have to. Here. Let's make it more obvious. I am the Exile.

The game master once again appears through the clouds.

"SomeGuy...You have revealed a role! I would expect more from you...Especially when there was no real provocation. You night/day ability has been stripped!"

SG is engulfed in a holy flame as his powers are taken away and the game master ascends back into the sky.

The game master once again appears through the clouds.

"SomeGuy...You have revealed a role! I would expect more from you...Especially when there was no real provocation. You night/day ability has been stripped!"

SG is engulfed in a holy flame as his powers are taken away and the game master ascends back into the sky.

Whoops :( Oh well. Let's see where this leads.

Edit: I can't even claim ignorance on that one, since it happened already. I'll just claim tiredness.

Edited by SomeGuy

Night 4: Final Showdown

The storm from that day was still lingering as SomeExile, the Impy Magician, and Captain Randro gathered in the town square.

The Limey Sage stood off to the side, watching Impervious in particular. He had no idea why the Cleric would be there but he let it be. Tower Guard Izzy was looking on at the sight from her position in the lookout tower. It appeared that something big was about to happen.

“You betrayed our little alliance,” Impy stated looking at SomeExile.

SomeExile merely shrugged. “Yeah. But had we stuck with the plan you had, there would have been even less chance of us winning…Well more a less chance of me winning…”

Impervious glared at SomeExile and quickly conjured up a fireball and hurled it at SomeExile. SE quickly jumped out of the way. His ability may have been taken but he wasn’t going to go down that easily.

Captain Randro drew his sword and looked at Impy. “So you are a baddie…And the Chaos Mage no less.”

Impy saw no reason to hold his disguise as the cleric any longer and let go of spell. “What…Have you come to kill me, Captain?”

Captain Randro just looked at Impy and readied his sword. Just as he began to charge at Impy, a bolt of lightning lit up the sky and struck right in front of Randro.

“I’d be careful if I were you, Captain…Your armor and sword don’t mix to well with lightning.” Impy turned back to SomeExile who was taking the opportunity to escape but Impy quickly shot an icicle dagger at him, striking him in the arm. “And just where do you think you’re going? I’m not letting you get away so easily after you helped get one of our men lynched.” Impy disappeared and reappeared in front of SomeExile.

“Hmm…How should I kill you…? Icicle to the heart…Engulfed in flames…Fried to a crisp by lightning…Hmm…I know!” Impy raised his hands and formed a bubble around SomeExile and began to fill it with water. SomeExile tried to get out but the bubble was impenetrable. The bubble was soon filled completely with water and Impy laughed as he watched SomeExile struggle to get out. All the struggling quickly exhausted his air and his movements slowed to nothing as SomeExile drowned.

Impy released the bubble as the water spilled out and SomeExile’s body laid, dead on the ground. Impy then turned back to Captain Randro. “So…Where were we? Ah yes…I believe you had come to kill me…Hadn’t you?”

Captain Randro, readied his blade once more and looked at Impy. “I won’t fall for your tricks mage.” Randro charged at Impy and gave a swing of his sword, but he struck nothing as Impy had disappeared and reappeared a few feet away.

“Wanna try again?” Impy Mage coaxed. Captain Randro just shot a glare at Impy and charged him again, and gave another swing only to hit air once more.

“Aww…And you were so close that time to!” Impy laughed as he mocked Captain Randro. Captain Randro was persistent though and charged Impy once more swinging the blade. Again he hit air and stumbled falling to the ground. Impy just gave another laugh. Unknown to Impy, the fall had been intentional as Randro reached slowly to a dagger hidden in his gauntlet. He reached it and quickly pulled it out and threw it at Impy, striking him in the leg. Impy yelled in pain and pulled the knife from his leg.

"You’ll die for that, Captain.” Impy quickly formed a fireball and hurled it at Captain Randro. Randro quickly jumped to one side and avoided the attack. Impy quickly followed up with an icicle. Randro managed to see it coming and knocked it away with his sword as he charged once again. But again, Impy disappeared before being hit. Randro was beginning to get a little frustrated by his attacks constantly being evaded. He had one dagger left in his other gauntlet and got an idea. But it was going to take precise timing to pull off.

“Just give it up now, captain. You can’t stop me. How about we finish this now?” Impy began to start the spell for his lightning. Captain Randro watched closely and just as Impy finished the spell, Randro threw his sword straight up into the air. The lightning spell went straight to the sword like it was a lightning rod just as he had planned. Randro pulled the dagger from his other gauntlet and lunged at Impy, thrusting it into his neck.

“No…Way…” was all Impy could manage to get out as he collapsed to the ground.

It was finally over…The Dark Knight and his men had finally been defeated. Tower Guard Izzy was cheering from her post as she saw Captain Randro take out the Impy Magician. Limey Sage came out from where he was taking cover. “You did it, Captain Randro! It’s finally over!”

“Yes…Unfortunately…We lost many of our friends in this battle…And the King and Prince were defeated as well…” Randro stated solemnly. The Limey Sage looked down as he had actually seen the night the Impy Magician killed King Bully.

“But we will start anew…And make the kingdom greater than it ever was before!” Captain Randro picked up his sword and sheathed it as the storm finally passed. And the moonlight shone over the kingdom.

1. star_tiger - Star Rogue

2. Impervious - Impy Magician

3. SomeGuy - SomeExile

4. crazypainter - crazybard

5. randro - Captain Randro

6. limeliam - Limey Sage

7. JarZe - Town Guard JarZe

8. RPGBully - King Bully

9. voltage - Recruit --> Voltage Knight

10. Kathleen - Prince(ss) Kat

11. Joe's Student - Freelance Student

12. FIF - Coroner In Fire

13. andromeda - Andromeda Squire

14. Izzy - Tower Guard Izzy

15. IDNE - IDoNotCleric

16. twin_bro - Dark Bro

Roles and Rules

Prologue: The Dark Knight

Night 1: First blood and watchful eyes

Day 1: Batman Falls

Night 2: Batman Returns

Day 2

Night 3: Dwindling Numbers

Day 3: Electrifying!

Yes...The last little bit is a little cliche...So sue me! :P

Decided to try and give everyone a little nickname...Some of them didn't turn out all that great but...Meh. Anyway, innocents win this one. Great job. When IDNE was killed and JarZe died that same night, I thought things were going to go badly from there but the innocents still managed to pull it off. And good job all around. The baddies were really lucky in the beginning as the Rogue chose the unsided and independant roles the first 2 nights giving them 2 kills both of those nights. I'm really surprised at that the innocents managed to pull this off. But excellent job all around. I had a lot of fun doing this one. Much different from my other games since this was a classic style mafia. And unlike my other games I didn't really since anything that was unbalanced or that I needed to change. But if anyone else see's something, please let me know. I'd love to do another one using this theme. But anyway, again, great job all around and I hope you enjoyed playing as much as I enjoyed hosting. :D :D