BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Ye Olde Mafia

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would just like to say thanks to you all for letting me join you. This is AWESOME! I was SO dissapointed when I got home and found out I was dead, I was really looking forward to continuing on in the game, but I am glad I was on the winning team my first rodeo. I hope I get in on the next one without having to be a backup.

Hey Prince, my cutey pie! Good story and good game!

I may have died early but you all knew who I was..

I am too much of a ham to keep mum....

and i was going on vacation so I wasnt too upset.

Great Jobs Innocents! You did a fantastic job!

oh and ps... -_-

Told You All Voltage was bad!!!

Edited by crazypainter

Ha ha that was waaaay too much fun.

@andro=chill out. codes are legal, we've been using them in Mt. O 2 and 3. They are used all over the place, don't be sore because you couldn't crack it.

And as promised I'd tell you all what I said to SG. That post was: We know who you are. Will you ally with us.

@andro=chill out. codes are legal, we've been using them in Mt. O 2 and 3. They are used all over the place, don't be sore because you couldn't crack it.

And as promised I'd tell you all what I said to SG. That post was: We know who you are. Will you ally with us.

I NEVER TRIED TO CRACK IT, JUST SO YOU KNOW! Besides, it's probably gibberish anyway... :rolleyes:

And codes shouldn't be legal. I mean, how do you know that the person you are communicating with via codes is a goodie too, assuming that you are a goodie. So using codes is pointless unless you are baddie trying to fool goodies otherwise what's the use.

I mean we have hard time figuring out who are the goodies just by reading regular posts, reading code is just the same except it's written in numbers... boring!

So from now on I'll automatically assume that everyone using code is bad! :P

And no I will not chill out Impy cause I consider using codes cheating and YOU KNOW how I feel about that! :dry:

Nice game Prince Marth ;)

Izzy your judgement is clouded when it comes down to "Nick" don't even try to deny it :rolleyes: He should have been dead long time ago.

Only person making sense in this game was randro! :) and he didn't even have to put it in a code.

Great game ;)

That's cheating! No communication should be allowed, cause this way you could have coordinated your actions!

That's not what mafia is about! It's cheating!!! CHEATING! :dry:

Edited by andromeda

Sorry Imp, my bad. I shouldn't have said my role, but I wanted to put myself as much at risk as I'd put you. IF I hadn't done that, there was no way for us both to lose. Anyways, tired, stupid mistake. No more posts atfer 11pm :P

Good game all :) That was probably the scariest time as an Indie ever. Anyways, until next time...

Sorry Imp, my bad. I shouldn't have said my role, but I wanted to put myself as much at risk as I'd put you. IF I hadn't done that, there was no way for us both to lose. Anyways, tired, stupid mistake. No more posts atfer 11pm :P

Good game all :) That was probably the scariest time as an Indie ever. Anyways, until next time...

No apologies necessary...and andro we didn't cheat at all. i talked to PM about the code and he siad we could use it. We found SG's role out by a successful copy of his ability...I've noticed when you don't win you tend to be sore about it and find something to rant on about....if i recall X-Men you called "Useless" because stryker won, now you're calling cheating....It's sort of annoying really...

This is BrainDen, we're supposed to be riddle solvers and code-crackers

No apologies necessary...and andro we didn't cheat at all. i talked to PM about the code and he siad we could use it. We found SG's role out by a successful copy of his ability...I've noticed when you don't win you tend to be sore about it and find something to rant on about....if i recall X-Men you called "Useless" because stryker won, now you're calling cheating....It's sort of annoying really...

This is BrainDen, we're supposed to be riddle solvers and code-crackers

But I did win if you haven't noticed?! :huh:

Then you know exactly how I feel about your cheating.

No behind the scenes communication it says so in the rules, if you number code it is kinda like behind the scenes even though it's right there, and I don't care what PM, Unreality or anyone has to say about that. By my interpretation of those rules it's cheating! :dry:

Edited by andromeda

Then outlaw it in your game. It's pretty common practice lately, and dangerous in several games. I know one of the ciphers we were using in another game got cracked, and whoo boy was that bad.

Then outlaw it in your game. It's pretty common practice lately, and dangerous in several games. I know one of the ciphers we were using in another game got cracked, and whoo boy was that bad.

yes, yes it was

Well more reason not to use it, and yes I'll outlaw it in my game :) I have an idea swarming in my mind :D

Sorry about the rant, but somebody has to! :P

I lost in Matrix II with no complaints except about the fact that the game was unbalanced in the baddies favor and lemme tell you, when you all voted for me Mr. Smith, I felt a kick in a stomach, but it was a good game with barely anything to complain about.

The reason I'm complaining is to make the games better FOR EVERYONE!! and when couple of people are "numbering" each other it's NO fun! :rolleyes:

Well more reason not to use it, and yes I'll outlaw it in my game :) I have an idea swarming in my mind :D

Sorry about the rant, but somebody has to! :P

I lost in Matrix II with no complaints except about the fact that the game was unbalanced in the baddies favor and lemme tell you, when you all voted for me Mr. Smith, I felt a kick in a stomach, but it was a good game with barely anything to complain about.

The reason I'm complaining is to make the games better FOR EVERYONE!! and when couple of people are "numbering" each other it's NO fun! :rolleyes:

no it just makes everyone more cautious, which they should be in mafias...:D

I was really disappointed when I was killed so early after joining the game. I am guessing that Impervious or someone from Mt. O caught on to the Minotaur reference? Either that, or I was too obvious with my reference to saving myself and others. I can't believe i did not choose to save myself that night!

Huzzah! We win! <= I felt like using some suitable expressions for this game :P

Great game everyone :D I kinda wish I never had to reveal my role, but eh, what can you do; that's just mafia for you xD

And Andromeda; I completely agree with you that codes are still considered illegal BTSC, even if people can crack them >.<

<(^-^)>

Then mafia no longer exists. We all speak in code. All the time. It's the nature of Mafia to try to tell things to the right people, but hide them from the wrong people. Whether we're talking about the blue sparrow that flies at dawn, or just using 11 13351415, we're attempting to be cryptic. Involving encryptions is just another step. And whatever your opinion, it wasn't BTS, so it can't be BTSC.

And what's disgusting is that I can do that from memory, now, Impervious. Curse you for making me type out small novels in code.

Edited by SomeGuy

Congrats goodies... Too bad I died pretty much early in the game, but I had to save someone. Funny that it didn't matter my action for that night I would've died, although I did save you Izzy! ;)

Hope there's another mafia coming soon...

Then mafia no longer exists. We all speak in code. All the time. It's the nature of Mafia to try to tell things to the right people, but hide them from the wrong people. Whether we're talking about the blue sparrow that flies at dawn, or just using 11 13351415, we're attempting to be cryptic. Involving encryptions is just another step. And whatever your opinion, it wasn't BTS, so it can't be BTSC.

And what's disgusting is that I can do that from memory, now, Impervious. Curse you for making me type out small novels in code.

4334, 24 4423243325 24 521143 11123115 4434 212422454215 2444 344544 23345215511542 442315 "J" 113314 "K" 114215 222451243322 3215 43343215 44423445123115. 5223241323 2443 "25" 113314 52231144 2443 442315 3444231542?

It's the nature of Mafia to try to tell things to the right people, but hide them from the wrong people.

It's about lying and deceiving up till the point when you are not sure who you are anymore! That's mafia and that's fun :lol:

When three people form a code posse the rest of the people feel ignored and excluded and it's high school all over again.

I come here to interact with smart, fun people and I can't interact if you start pretentiously communicating, it feels like crap.

Points above on IDNE's post. Is that really necessary?? :huh:

And whatever your opinion, it wasn't BTS, so it can't be BTSC.

Oh why don't you just *censored* :dry:

Edited by andromeda

It's about lying and deceiving up till the point when you are not sure who you are anymore! That's mafia and that's fun :lol:

When three people form a code posse the rest of the people feel ignored and excluded and it's high school all over again.

I come here to interact with smart, fun people and I can't interact if you start pretentiously communicating, it feels like crap.

Points above on IDNE's post. Is that really necessary?? :huh:

Oh why don't you just *censored* :dry:

Have you tried to decipher the code? It is not hard and it was actually kind of fun. ;)

If the goodies had even tried to do that, then they would have known right away that they were the baddies. It was a very simple code.

Have you tried to decipher the code? It is not hard and it was actually kind of fun. ;)

If the goodies had even tried to do that, then they would have known right away that they were the baddies. It was a very simple code.

So what was the code?(lol feeling kindof braindead today... hehe BRAINDEAD-BRAINDEN) *laughes at own joke*

Yes i know sad :(........

It's called the Polybius Cipher

It basically involves putting the alphabet in a 5x5 grid and typing in coordinates.

Edit: Obviously, there's a problem because there's 26 letters in the alphabet, so you double up on i/j and figure out which via context.

Edited by SomeGuy