BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Matrix Thrill-ogy II

Day One: The All-Seeing Eye

The Apprentice sat in his dimly lit study, examining the terabytes of green code streaming down his computer screens. Somewhere in the Matrix a Player's code had been inexplicably corrupted. The only way to maintain system stability was to delete the damaged code entirely. While many Matrix Users petitioned the Apprentice to delete this code or that, to the Apprentice there was only one clear choice. The User known as Reaymond must be terminated at once.

So the Apprentice did what he always does. He clicked "Start"; "Control Panels"; "Add/Remove Program" and waited patiently for the list of Players to populate. God how he loathed working on his brother's Window's based computer. Reaymond, not entirely unaware of his impending doom, swam laps nervously around his pool trying to keep himself calm.

All at once, the water from inside the pool disappeared, causing Reaymond to drop like a stone to the bottom of an empty pool. Then the walls of the pool vanished. Then the clouds and the sky. Reaymond's reality was being erased byte by byte. He could feel the world around him deconstructing. What startled him most, however, was the subtle and almost eerie ringing of a telephone. Reaymond turned around to see the Oracle standing behind him, holding in her outstretched hand an old black rotary phone. It rang again. She smiled the most comforting smile Reaymond had ever seen and said, “I think it’s for you.”

The Apprentice’s list of Removable Players had finally populated and…no Reaymond. Reaymond had managed to get out of the Matrix before he could be deleted. Somebody had saved him. The Apprentice shrugged, turned to face his window and decided to watch the real rain trickle down his window instead.

The Matrix Has You. All of you...

1 - andromeda

2 - Voltage

3 - Jarze

4 - Prof. T

5 - IDoNotExist

6 - twin_bro

7 - Star Tiger

8 - Crazy Painter

9 - Renan

10 - Riranor

11 - Randro

12 - Grey Cells

13 - Impervious

14 - A.I.

15 - R.M.Z

16 - Reaymond – Saved from Auto-Delete by the Oracle

17 - SG

18 - Izzy

19 - Zerep

20 - CyberSpace17

21 - itachi

22 - Brandonb

• Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the other hand, Reaymond and IDNE have been basing their votes on very rare posts from ST some of them IMO don't even say anything suspicious, it seems like they're just jumping on a bandwagon (which is very bad-ish) to gain a goodie lynch based on the "very bad" reputation ST has... What got you that awful reputation ST??? You better work on that ;)

So after all this my vote stays for IDNE because.... ????? Because I just think he's bad!!

Huh? :blink: When was I ever voting for ST? I was voting for A.I. in the beginning because of Mt. O and then switched to Reaymond because he seemed a little suspicious to me (best choice out of everyone).

Looks like ST is not an agent, good for you ST. But there are still quite a few baddie roles left for you to claim. :P Reay, I have played with you a lot! So it's reasonable of you to ask my help in saving you. But really, you have to put up a proper defense by yourself, you know that. It's not proper to ask any of us other Mafia veterans to support you. :lol: There was once a suggestion for a Lawyer role(I think Bb suggested that) to help out targets on the first day of the lynch, there being no information to go on and such. Unfortunately that wasn't implemented and hence I am not a lawyer. :P And ST I will be changing my vote from you but you can still be a baddie role.

Ah, thanks for wanting me to be a baddie so much :wub: Back at you ;)

Yes, I do agree that I could be a Rogue or Indie, but a good majority of the people on the roster have a much higher percentage of being a baddie. I don't know why you guys are still jumping on me...yes, it does make me feel important, but it's also giving me insomnia :P

wow... thanks Oracle :D

WOOT, WOOT! *hugz Oracle* I hope you made the right choice though, although the chances of him being a goodie is pretty high :D

Social, your inbox is full....
Well, you exist - [spoiler=We were about to send out a search party... :excl: .]... for a replacement :o

RMZ you need to be in the discussions

And you all must vote - with a 'reason'

actions are affected for offenders

I'm really sorry, but who should I send my action to, and who should I send my questions to (yes, I still have 1)? :blush: By the way, SD's inbox really is full :P

I have to go to bed - I'll email him to pop in and tidy up his inbox

:huh:

I cant say I remember a lynch being stopped...

I will have to re read the rules to see if there is anyone who can or cant be saved from a lynch. Or is the oRacle really that powerful??

I will have to re read the rules to see if there is anyone who can or cant be saved from a lynch. Or is the oRacle really that powerful??

This might just be a secret ability...

Sorry everyone for not posting that much... I'm on vacation for this whole week and I'm visiting some friends and family in the states so I'm only gonna be available very early in the morning and probably late at night (only time I'm actually in the house). I get back home sunday morning so until then my participation is not gonna be the best. Hopefully you guys won't lynch me based on my inactivity and the fact that I can't defend myself for hours.

About the lynch, first of all thank you Oracle... I pretty much trust reay at this point.

We all forgot about the ability to change votes by baddies and indy, so remember that sometimes it becomes a difficult task to lynch a baddie when they have a lot of power over the votes.

Let's see what happens during the night... I'm gonna PM my action right now and won't be on until tomorrow late at night (long day tomorrow starting at 5 am :blush:).

Oracle wasn't that powerful last time. I was just lucky to pick the right people. This time the Oracle wasn't so lucky cause she picked to investigate a goodie, however it looks like it wasn't such a waste after all, cause she can do something that I wasn't able to!

Both reaymond and IDNE had an equal amount of votes, yet "the appentice" had a "clear choice" of reaymond. I wonder if this an example of vote spoiling. I also wonder if Agent Brown would not want IDNE to be lynched for some reason. Hmmmm.

I had a same suspicion like PT, it seemed to me from the day post like IDNE wasn't even considered to be lynched, so it would be great if one of the spy goodie roles would be able to check him out and I'm not sure about ST either! She could still be the indy or Rogue!

Edited by andromeda

Both reaymond and IDNE had an equal amount of votes, yet "the appentice" had a "clear choice" of reaymond. I wonder if this an example of vote spoiling. I also wonder if Agent Brown would not want IDNE to be lynched for some reason. Hmmmm.

Ooh, good observation. I just took it as SD rolled the dice and reay got unlucky. So, the Merovingian and/or secret abilities are in play now...IDNE is quite the troublesome one <_<

Does Agent Brown choose his target in the night or day? I automatically assumed it was night, but not sure :blush:

Oracle wasn't that powerful last time. I was just lucky to pick the right people. This time the Oracle wasn't so lucky cause she picked to investigate a goodie, however it looks like it wasn't such a waste after all, cause she can do something that I wasn't able to!

It could just be a one-use secret ability to stop the lynch, although don't secret abilities usually have some connection to the known ability? Hmm, LIS might have gotten creative since most people know the previously-used secret abilities from last game...

Night 1: Ricocheted Rogues

"Across the Atlantic, the Merovingian sat at a river-side café, dining on his usual delicacies and favorite red wine. Dabbing the remaining food away from his lips, the Merovingian noticed his lovely wife approaching with a sour look of disappointment on her face. "I'm sorry my love," she said, "I know you sent me to seduce and entrance the eternal night one target, that bothersome Impervious, but the fact of the matter is…well…"

...he could not be found?"

Was Impy asked about this? If not we could have our Agent Smith, I guess. Hiding behind the firewall? Or more probable he could be Agent Jones, as he wasn't mentioned in the night post.

EDIT: How did we miss that? Naughty boy, Imp! Starting the voting to throw suspicioin off you. :P

Was Impy asked about this? If not we could have our Agent Smith, I guess. Hiding behind the firewall?

Ah... well spotted GC. I would suggest someone spying on him first rather than an instant kill tonight though as there could be many other reasons...

Also, after sleeping on last nights lynch, Im pretty sure PT is a goodie. Although he is a very experienced player and could pull something off quite easily

Was Impy asked about this? If not we could have our Agent Smith, I guess. Hiding behind the firewall? Or more probable he could be Agent Jones, as he wasn't mentioned in the night post.

EDIT: How did we miss that? Naughty boy, Imp! Starting the voting to throw suspicioin off you. :P

He is not an agent and no I will not elaborate cause I don't trust you GC.

I've been reading the post from the very beginning and I marked you as suspicious! <_<

Edited by andromeda

Ah... well spotted GC. I would suggest someone spying on him first rather than an instant kill tonight though as there could be many other reasons...

Also, after sleeping on last nights lynch, Im pretty sure PT is a goodie. Although he is a very experienced player and could pull something off quite easily

What I cannot believe is nobody asked Impy about that. I know a few who would have found this out almost instantly, so maybe.... And about PT, couldn't he have voted for IDNE and asked Brown to nullify one of the other votes or his vote for IDNE? That would mean Reay got 5 and IDNE got 4. Not saying PT is an agent, but he could be.