BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

...this is a branch off of CuteSparklezGirl's 'Is there a spiritual world?' topic...please feel free 2 tell your experiences and thoughts...no teasing or arguing please...

• Answers 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I am open to the possibility of wild pygmy tribes of semi-humans and stuff. Plus there's tons of stuff on the bottom of the ocean... the "kraken" that turned out to be the giant squid. The "sea serpent" that turned out to be the oarfish. Only x% of the ocean bottom has been scanned or studied or even seen (I forget what 'x' is but it's SMALL, less than 10% I think)

It's strange. I commonly see black or white shadows out of the corner of my eye. They are always shaped like people. Once I actualy mistaked one for my sister. I don't know exactly what they are but they seem like ghosts or spirits.

By the way I once saw this lady and she said I had many guardian angels.

...I have seen 'shadows' as well as ghosts all my life...it is my belief that these 'shadows' [without a decernable origin] are other-world creatures [ghosts, angels, ect.] that do not want to bee seen for whatever reason...

...Izzy...everyone has some 'ghosts' around them...wheather the 'spirits' of dead relatives or the lingering memories of past lives...

...Izzy...everyone has some 'ghosts' around them...wheather the 'spirits' of dead relatives or the lingering memories of past lives...

Gah, this again? No we don't, if we do, we have forever, and by this point, someone should have been able to give some evidence for them by now.

You seeing a ghost in your peripheral vision means nothing. Look straight, don't move your eyes, and attempt to make out what's at your sides. It's blurry, unclear, and could be essentially anything. (By the way, as I was typing this, I saw a few shadows moving about in the kitchen (which just happens to be outside my forward glaze. I actually got up to investigate what it was (as I'm home alone), and found it to be the wind blowing and hitting some curtains, hit by the sun, and projected onto the refrigerator. Figuring out what causes the shadows rules out ghosts too. ;)

...that's why I said 'without a decernable origin'...if you can find out what caused the 'shadow' then it was just that...but if not then it was probably a ghost or other spirit...

Its funny hearing people try to explain stuff, and assume its a supernatural occurance. If you posess the power of seeing or speaking with the dead, please I urge you to share it with the world. As far as I know every person who has had a show, or otherwise national exposure to claiming they could, all ended up being hoaxers. I could talk to any dead person, all i need is some general information about them, and I can give you a vague description about what they are saying. Sylvia Brown is a great example. People tell her to contact a dead loved one. Well first she asks questions to get a general idea of what that person is like, then just goes off that and makes up a bunch of BS, and noone can prove her wrong since she is the one with the power to speak to the dead. I wish someone would just simply say talk to my dead cousin, and say nomore, bet she would be speachless. Or ask about your dead mother, but don't let her know your mother is still alive. Now just sit back and laugh to yourself as she is telling you how much your mom misses you, and wishes she was there to be with you. :lol:

So, if you think your seeing ghosts, get your eyes checked.

If you are talking to ghosts, maybe go see a psychiatrist.

So, if you think your seeing ghosts, get your eyes checked.

If you are talking to ghosts, maybe go see a psychiatrist.

I have seen the reenactment documentary shows on Discovery channel (reenactments of real events) and if clairvoyant people are making things up, how come that they can take the law enforcement officers at the exact spot where the dead body is?? :huh:

I have seen the reenactment documentary shows on Discovery channel (reenactments of real events) and if clairvoyant people are making things up, how come that they can take the law enforcement officers at the exact spot where the dead body is?? :huh:

Why not solve every murder mystery then??

Why not solve every murder mystery then??

Well I don't think it works that way. The "dead" people approach the clairvoyant people not vice versa. They can't choose what to see. That's what they say at least. But you still didn't offer me an explanation. How come that some mediums know where the dead body is located?? What is your opinion, cause you basically answered my question with a question.

1. But how many times have these 'psychics' failed otherwise?

2. They could have easily either had something to do with the crime, or were tipped off.

3. Have we actually ever had this happen, where the psychic could have not known in any possibly way where the body was, other than by 'talking' to it?

4. If that is true, why aren't ghosts seeking these people out all the time?

*edit* You know what would be interesting? A murder 'solved' by a 'psychic', murderer jailed and all, later to be proved impossible by DNA testing or something.

Edited by Izzy

What is your opinion, cause you basically answered my question with a question.

My opinion was stated in my earlier post, about these mythical beings. I'm just saying that when these situations do occur, they never say how many wrong turns they took before finding the body or whatever the case may be. Also you only find them stories on like the back of page 10 in your local newspaper. If it were truly a gifted expierience then it would probably make national, if not worldwide news, because that would be quite impressive.

But how many times have these 'psychics' failed otherwise?

There are a lot of fakes so I wouldn't know?!

They could have easily either had something to do with the crime, or were tipped off.

Don't be silly. :lol:

Have we actually ever had this happen, where the psychic could have not known in any possibly way where the body was, other than by 'talking' to it?

Like I said I was watching the "Psychic Witness" series on Discovery channel and there was some pretty awesome stuff.

If that is true, why aren't ghosts seeking these people out all the time?

I'll tell you someday when I turn ghost! :P

You know what would be interesting? A murder 'solved' by a 'psychic', murderer jailed and all, later to be proved impossible by DNA testing or something.

Well if the psychic that works on a certain case is bogus it might easily turn out that way.

You know, just because most of them are fake doesn't mean that all of them are.

You still didn't answer my question though :lol: I didn't ask about what-ifs and maybes I asked how could have they unmistakably known where the body is?!

So no guessing, no involvement in the crime, no tipping off (??) no trial and error but unmistakably knowing where the body is! There were cases when the psychic witness knew exactly by following the directions, and remember this was on Discovery channel!

I'm just saying that when these situations do occur, they never say how many wrong turns they took before finding the body or whatever the case may be.

I'm not talking about wrong turns. I'm talking about a streak of right turns :)

Also you only find them stories on like the back of page 10 in your local newspaper. If it were truly a gifted expierience then it would probably make national, if not worldwide news, because that would be quite impressive.

I wouldn't know I don't live in America. But I have to admit that I don't remember a psychic ever working on a murder case in Serbia, at least it was never mentioned.

I'm not saying that any of it about psychic witnesses is true, all I'm saying is that it's interesting enough to raise an eyebrow and make you wonder. :)

Andromeda, the same Discovery Channel that airs A Haunting, and similar bogus ghost stories? ;)

TV is TV. Enough said.

I'm not going to believe something until someone proves it. Like James said, if these psychics were sooo real, why have there been none that made the headline news in the last decade? (I say decade only because I cba to research if any ever have, and I've been watching the news roughly ten years.)

I'm not saying that any of it about psychic witnesses is true, all I'm saying is that it's interesting enough to raise an eyebrow and make you wonder. :)

That's what the Discovery Channel and affiliates are good at: raising unfounded and unprovable scenarios that do not stand the scientific "repeatability" test but cannot, like the existence of God, be disproven. It simply requires common sense to judge whether these phenomena actually function in the real world. I've seen too many psychics of various sorts put to the test under controlled circumstances, and fail to demonstrate skill beyond random chance. Sure, there will be the odd "miracle". If you are able to cherry-pick your anecdotes after the fact, you can always make it look like there's something substantial to your claim (whatever claim you want to make). But listen to the skeptics, do not close your mind :)

Andromeda, the same Discovery Channel that airs A Haunting, and similar bogus ghost stories? ;)

We in Europe have a different Discovery program than Americans. I have never heard of A Hunting! :lol: besides Discovery only retells the stories they never claim that it's true! By mentioning Discovery I meant they have no reason to exaggerate.

That's what the Discovery Channel and affiliates are good at: raising unfounded and unprovable scenarios that do not stand the scientific "repeatability" test but cannot, like the existence of God, be disproven. It simply requires common sense to judge whether these phenomena actually function in the real world. I've seen too many psychics of various sorts put to the test under controlled circumstances, and fail to demonstrate skill beyond random chance. Sure, there will be the odd "miracle". If you are able to cherry-pick your anecdotes after the fact, you can always make it look like there's something substantial to your claim (whatever claim you want to make). But listen to the skeptics, do not close your mind :)

Yeah... but we are not entirely familiar with everything in the real world, are we??

Well given what we do know about the real world, psychics are nothing but gibberish, but we don't REALLY know everything about the REAL world now, do we??

Read my signature! We still don't know how far the realm of science extends, do we??

And just for your information, I'm a skeptic, but I choose not to be deaf and blind!

Edited by andromeda

It's strange. I commonly see black or white shadows out of the corner of my eye. They are always shaped like people. Once I actualy mistaked one for my sister. I don't know exactly what they are but they seem like ghosts or spirits.

By the way I once saw this lady and she said I had many guardian angels.

I think I may have a logical solution for this. Look at the pink dots and the yellow dots. Regarding the shapes of people, the human brain is a very sophisticated organ that tries to make sense of everything, see the scrambled letter illusion