Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
itachi-san

The Battle for Mt Olympus II

709 posts in this topic

Is this day ending at 4:00?

Technically, it should be ending right now. I'm waiting on the baddie BTSC group to get their actions in.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm gonna be afk for a couple hours or so. Still waiting on a confirmation or two, but no worries. :)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Night 6: Dueling Minds

It was impossible to tell Night from Day in Tartarus. All the Achaeans had was their internal clocks and the longer they stayed down in this horrid place, the easier time's presence slipped from their thoughts. It was the same for the Monsters of Tartarus, but they had been down there so long, time was nearly forgotten, until this recent invasion. Night after night they had fought. The blood sweat and tears absorbing into the tainted soil and stone of the Underworld. Having only recently escaped his capture, Odysseus felt tired as he unsheathed his sword once again. This time he had sought out his victim, Twin Bro, but the aches and pains were beginning to catch up with him. "Did I make the right decisions tonight?" he thought over and over as Twin Bro stared him down, the two walking circles around one another so they never got closer. Finally, just as Odysseus committed himself to the fight, a rush of black vines sprouted from the ground right around Twin Bro's legs. Odysseus ran at him, knowing he may be too late, he swung his sword violently at the air that had just held Twin Bro's waiting form, but now all signs of him and those vines had vanished. Odysseus grunted, pulling his sword back up from the bare ground. He wavered a bit standing back up straight and sighed as he held his back and began to return to his comrades, exhausted and fruitless.

---

ST had many plans for the night, but they all were erased from her mind when she stumbled upon Medusa. The snake woman walked slowly toward ST who backed away just as slow. Confident she could fool Medusa, ST was ready to deflect her gaze, but Medusa had adapted to her quick thinking adversaries and used a reflection of her own. She threw a tiny shard of glass to her left and gazed unto it, just as her reflection caught the eyes of ST. ST stood completely petrified. After retrieving the glass, Medusa walked up to her latest work of art, satisfied in its captured beauty.

---

Finding herself again facing two opponents, cp stood her ground, but this time she would have to go it alone. Theseus was the first to attack her, but as luck would have it, he again failed to hit his target. Utterly defeated and frustrated in his lack of luck, the warrior left the battlefield. Only a mysterious woman remained, perched on a large boulder. cp squinted at the woman, trying to make out her face through her veil. She carefully approached her and suddenly a divine voice began humming and then singing from beneath the veil. cp was intoxicated and walked over to sit next to the woman. she lazily looked up at the singer's veiled face and with her last bit of willpower, reached up and tore the veil down, revealing the revolting face of the monster known as the Siren. cp felt drained and had the fleeting thought that she might die tomorrow night, just before she fell to sleep amidst the hazy shroud left by the Siren.

---

Charon winced as he saw Hermes flying over the River Styx, carrying GC across as well. Charon was getting tired of Hermes' ability to seemingly travel where-ever he pleased, defy all authority Charon had been bestowed and on top of that, the Olympian's pompous attitude... Charon smoldered watching the God and swore he would one day laugh when it came time to bring the famous Messenger across the ferry ...permanently.

Hermes dropped GC right into the swinging range of the warrior Diomedes. GC was quicker than Diomedes thought and ducked a surely fatal blow. Diomedes was careless and GC kicked his sword from his hand. It landed far from the two. Thinking that was all Diomedes had, GC began to laugh. Watching from a distance, Odysseus saw the beginning of a similar growth as those black vines he had encountered earlier. "I knew this would happen." Odysseus thought aloud as he raced toward GC, bow and arrow in hand. GC looked off his left shoulder at Odysseus raising a flaming arrow, but not at him. The arrow struck the earth next to GC's foot and singed the growth of Persephone's vines. Odysseus then collapsed from fatigue, being pulled aside by Nestor.

GC (looking back to his foe): No matter, I don't need protection to survive an attack from you.

Nestor: Fear not Diomedes! You have gained much strength from your battle with Hector and the mighty Trojans! Seek that power and experience! Show this Monster how far you've come!

The words rang true to Diomedes, but something was off. He couldn't shake a foreboding feeling he had had before the fight had even got underway.

GC: Your one and only attack has failed warrior. Now what will you do?

Diomedes: Hmph, you forget that I helped raze Troy to the ground, Monster. Now, ready yourself for my second attack.

GC's shock only lasted as long as it took Diomedes to kick up the dagger concealed in his right boot and slash GC's throat. The Monster fell lifeless to the ground. Diomedes knew it was over and walked away from the corpse. "I guess I was worried for nothing..." he muttered walking back to his friends. Seeing their eyes widen, Diomedes looked back at the corpse and the shock set in. It was gone... GC was gone..."

---

1) SomeGuy [Monster]

2) Impervious [Olympian] -DEAD

3) LIS - DEAD

4) GC [Monster]

5) Prof. T

6) dawh -DEAD

7) Kat [Human]

8) Bb

9) RMZ -DEAD

10) ST

11) Artificial I

12) Riranor

13) JS

14) Randro

15) twin bro

16) IDNE

17) crazypainter

Day 6 begins now. Like I said, I don't have a problem if teams want to powerplay the votes of some players who are/will be inactive (as long as those players don't mind and/or are too inactive to even reply to this) so that each team has their maximum voting capacity.

Also, assuming the Achaeans don't mind, there's a clear flaw in the game that needs to be addressed. If the Monsters lose all their killing roles, a random player (from the Baddie side) will be chosen to have a killing ability each night. 100% on humans. 50% on Gods.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How did GC live?

1) SomeGuy [Monster]

2) Impervious [Olympian] -DEAD

3) LIS - DEAD

4) GC [Monster]

5) Prof. T

6) dawh -DEAD

7) Kat [Human]

8) Bb - voting for Prof. T

9) RMZ -DEAD

10) ST

11) Artificial I

12) Riranor

13) JS

14) Randro

15) twin bro

16) IDNE

17) crazypainter

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
How did GC live?

1) SomeGuy [Monster] - Voting for Star Tiger

2) Impervious [Olympian] -DEAD

3) LIS - DEAD

4) GC [Monster]

5) Prof. T

6) dawh -DEAD

7) Kat [Human]

8) Bb - voting for Prof. T

9) RMZ -DEAD

10) ST

11) Artificial I

12) Riranor

13) JS

14) Randro

15) twin bro

16) IDNE

17) crazypainter

You have your tricks, and we have ours.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1) SomeGuy [Monster] - Voting for Star Tiger

2) Impervious [Olympian] -DEAD

3) LIS - DEAD

4) GC [Monster]

5) Prof. T

6) dawh -DEAD

7) Kat [Human]

8) Bb - voting for Prof. T

9) RMZ -DEAD

10) ST

11) Artificial I

12) Riranor

13) JS

14) Randro

15) twin bro - Voting for Star Tiger

16) IDNE

17) crazypainter

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hermes, you cannot expect to get the better of us every time. Adding to SG's answer, maybe that answers your question Brandon. :P

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1) SomeGuy [Monster] - Voting for Star Tiger

2) Impervious [Olympian] -DEAD

3) LIS - DEAD

4) GC [Monster] - voting for Star Tiger

5) Prof. T

6) dawh -DEAD

7) Kat [Human]

8) Bb - voting for Prof. T

9) RMZ -DEAD

10) ST

11) Artificial I

12) Riranor

13) JS

14) Randro

15) twin bro - Voting for Star Tiger

16) IDNE

17) crazypainter

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1) SomeGuy [Monster] - Voting for Star Tiger

2) Impervious [Olympian] -DEAD

3) LIS - DEAD

4) GC [Monster] - voting for Bb

5) Prof. T

6) dawh -DEAD

7) Kat [Human]

8) Bb - voting for Prof. T

9) RMZ -DEAD

10) ST

11) Artificial I

12) Riranor

13) JS

14) Randro

15) twin bro - Voting for Star Tiger

16) IDNE

17) crazypainter

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1) SomeGuy [Monster] - Voting for Star Tiger

2) Impervious [Olympian] -DEAD

3) LIS - DEAD

4) GC [Monster] - voting for Bb

5) Prof. T

6) dawh -DEAD

7) Kat [Human]

8) Bb - voting for Prof. T

9) RMZ -DEAD

10) ST

11) Artificial I

12) Riranor

13) JS

14) Randro

15) twin bro - voting for Bb

16) IDNE

17) crazypainter

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1) SomeGuy [Monster] - Voting for Bb

2) Impervious [Olympian] -DEAD

3) LIS - DEAD

4) GC [Monster]- voting for Bb

5) Prof. T

6) dawh -DEAD

7) Kat [Human]

8) Bb - voting for Prof. T

9) RMZ -DEAD

10) ST

11) Artificial I

12) Riranor

13) JS

14) Randro

15) twin bro - voting for Bb

16) IDNE

17) crazypainter

Edited by SomeGuy
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

JS is very active during games, something should be holding him up. So I am voting on behalf of him, for now.

1) SomeGuy [Monster] - Voting for Bb

2) Impervious [Olympian] -DEAD

3) LIS - DEAD

4) GC [Monster]- voting for Bb

5) Prof. T

6) dawh -DEAD

7) Kat [Human]

8) Bb - voting for Prof. T

9) RMZ -DEAD

10) ST

11) Artificial I

12) Riranor

13) JS - voting for Bb

14) Randro

15) twin bro - voting for Bb

16) IDNE

17) crazypainter

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1) SomeGuy [Monster] - Voting for Bb

2) Impervious [Olympian] -DEAD

3) LIS - DEAD

4) GC [Monster]- voting for Bb

5) Prof. T

6) dawh -DEAD

7) Kat [Human]

8) Bb - voting for Prof. T

9) RMZ -DEAD

10) ST

11) Artificial I

12) Riranor

13) JS - voting for Bb

14) Randro - voting for Bb

15) twin bro - voting for Bb

16) IDNE

17) crazypainter

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1) SomeGuy [Monster] - Voting for Bb

2) Impervious [Olympian] -DEAD

3) LIS - DEAD

4) GC [Monster]- voting for Bb

5) Prof. T

6) dawh -DEAD

7) Kat [Human]

8) Bb - voting for Prof. T

9) RMZ -DEAD

10) ST - voting for GC

11) Artificial I

12) Riranor

13) JS - voting for Bb

14) Randro - voting for Bb

15) twin bro - voting for Bb

16) IDNE

17) crazypainter

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, I get it now :P

1) SomeGuy [Monster] - Voting for Bb

2) Impervious [Olympian] -DEAD

3) LIS - DEAD

4) GC [Monster]- voting for Bb

5) Prof. T

6) dawh -DEAD

7) Kat [Human]

8) Bb - voting for GC

9) RMZ -DEAD

10) ST - voting for GC

11) Artificial I

12) Riranor

13) JS - voting for Bb

14) Randro - voting for Bb

15) twin bro - voting for Bb

16) IDNE

17) crazypainter

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1) SomeGuy [Monster] - Voting for Bb

2) Impervious [Olympian] -DEAD

3) LIS - DEAD

4) GC [Monster]- voting for Bb

5) Prof. T

6) dawh -DEAD

7) Kat [Human] - voting for GC

8) Bb - voting for GC

9) RMZ -DEAD

10) ST - voting for GC

11) Artificial I

12) Riranor

13) JS - voting for Bb

14) Randro - voting for Bb

15) twin bro - voting for Bb

16) IDNE

17) crazypainter

Rawr, whenever I put "voting for" it's always the colour of the [Human] thing :rolleyes:

<(^-^)>

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

gah, what time does the day end?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gah, what time does the day end?

Your nonchalant manner doesn't bother us. :P Whatever happens, even if the sacrifice doesn't go as planned, you are all going down. You know where... :P

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Your nonchalant manner doesn't bother us. :P Whatever happens, even if the sacrifice doesn't go as planned, you are all going down. You know where... :P

tough talk from a guy with 2 strikes against him. B))

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1) SomeGuy [Monster] - Voting for Bb

2) Impervious [Olympian] -DEAD

3) LIS - DEAD

4) GC [Monster]- voting for Bb

5) Prof. T - Voting for Bb

6) dawh -DEAD

7) Kat [Human] - voting for GC

8) Bb - voting for GC

9) RMZ -DEAD

10) ST - voting for GC

11) Artificial I

12) Riranor

13) JS - voting for Bb

14) Randro - voting for Bb

15) twin bro - voting for Bb

16) IDNE

17) crazypainter

I imagine this is a "weekend" thing, but I'm going to fix the roster a little.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hermes, please vote for Prof T

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hermes, please vote for Prof T

It's ok. You're just going to go on a little vacation. We'll come up and visit once we're done down here.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gah, what time does the day end?

Going by the Night Post it will end in about 5 hours. Or, we could do the shortened day deal like last day to keep the game's cycles on roughly the same time. That way, the day would end in about 2 hours.

~I don't mind either way, but since a few people couldn't vote last day, maybe it's unfair to shorten the day? I dunno. How about each BTSC team says 'yay' or 'nay' and if one says 'nay' it will be 5 more hours.

~about the inactives.. JS is very inactive (no internet at all maybe?). Knowing him, I'm sure he doesn't mind being power-voted for now. Thanks GC.

edit: typos galore

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Update: regular 24 hour day today, so it will end in about 4.5 hours.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.