BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Matrix Thrill-ogy

Great lynching everyone! I'm afraid it came at a cost of some revealed roles. We need some pretty major saves today: Oracle, Mouse, Trinity, Crazy Painter. We also need to be careful that any one-time saves might have been spent last night on the targeted goodies: SomeGuy, Social Darwin and myself. Jarze is on my bad list and I hope someone takes him out unless Apoc knew something that no one else did. Oh ya, and Cypher? roll a high number tonight. <_<

Oracle has Ceraph, and Mouse ain't a biggie, although I agree on the other two counts.

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

List of players that need to be active - including those that came after the original shut off (20:00 GMT) and the revised 23:00

Helgate - nothing - replaced

Izzy - late and later and little - you have done far better inn other games Izzy

riranor - late

Clozo - too little

rainthinker - tooooo late

Twin bro - tooooo little - replaced volunterily

Okay - I accept that there is a life out of BD

I hsot and 18 players signed, then after a kudos sign are not in a crucial part of the game - the roles are only as sucky as people make them

adjustments made additions/subtractions(or chance reduced) or left alone if one of each side not in play at the samet time

As for reveal of role/info - the abilities are going to 75% of original

Anyone think it's not right/fair based on the rules ??

Thank you :D

Ok then... time to do some hardcore catching up B))

Welcome Brandon! Good to have you in here! Have fun catching up....

Question for LIS..

Are any of my powers going to be reduced? I never really said who I was but

in the heat of trying to save my @ss I realize I said waaay too much thinking

some ppl didnt get it. Not too sharp on my part. Only once in bed did I utter a DOH!

So do with me as you will oh great architect!

Question for LIS..

some ppl didnt get it. Not too sharp on my part. Only once in bed did I utter a DOH!

ooh, same here...would I be punished as well? :(

Welcome Bb! I hope you enjoy surfing the matrix :)

Question for LIS..

I am checking others too - It won't be made public, It will be made know to the people it affects - later when I have checked - the lynch will close on time in future and the rules enforced

Lets make it fun - PT should be posting for N2 when I get the PMs in or what ever I have in two hours though 10 or 15min. are not gonna be a problem

Brandon, who are you replacing?
Hellgate-london

We are long way short of PMs - if not using an ability/secret let me know, then I know it's chosen to not act and the mssgs are all acounted for - Thanks

uhmm to few PMs - *feels unwanted*

Edited by Lost in space

Aww, thank you :) ......for making me a prime target for tonight's attack :o

Seriously, I'm not very good. Please believe that I just get lucky sometimes :blush:

ha! you think I have that kind of power...I am the one blushing!

But thanks for the compliment cutie!

OK, finally I'm all caught up :D

So uhh... I guess I'm not exactly hiding too many cards here am I people? This game's gonna be like trying to play poker with a mirror behind me :huh:

Oh well... At least I am untouchable for now :lol: and looking forward to the night post B))

would it help if i stood in front of the mirror for you my friend? :P

OK, finally I'm all caught up :D

So uhh... I guess I'm not exactly hiding too many cards here am I people? This game's gonna be like trying to play poker with a mirror behind me :huh:

Oh well... At least I am untouchable for now :lol: and looking forward to the night post B))

Glad to see you playing for HL. We hope to keep you in the game, despite the info already out there.

Okay - we are done with the actions - and I'll be sending details to prof T when I have checked - Otherwise I'll be the first host kill :lol:

Please wait until the N2 post is in courtesy of Prof. Templeton

vote will close tomorrow 21:00 without fail - no farce like last time - fanQ

Night 2: Destruction of a common goal

The Oracle stubbed out her cigarette in the ashtray on the kitchen table and rose to get her cookies from the oven. She had just placed her hand on the oven door handle when she was struck by a vision. It only caused her to pause for a moment before she resumed taking out the fresh baked cookies. “Oh Impervious, I know who you are and you’re going to have an interesting night”. This is what she saw…

Neo had planned to meet up with the Oracle, but there was something he felt he had to do first. There was someone inside the Matrix that he didn’t trust. Neo flipped open his phone, “Operator. Have you got the trace program in place? Good. Call me when it’s finished.” He flipped the phone closed and dropped it onto the pocket of his leather duster. He fitted his sunglasses in place and after taking a quick look around he crouched as if coiling a spring. Neo gathered up the ambient energy of the Matrix around him and brought it into himself causing the ground at his feet to appear to ripple like the surface of a pond disturbed by a tossed stone. He remained crouched for a split second before rocketing into the sky.

Agent Smith had been running his own trace program. He switched it off with a slight twitch of his head. He had all the information he needed on the location of the human that was currently jacked into the Matrix. Smith began to run his copy program.

Crazypainter leapt off the roof of the ten story brownstone at a dead run. She easily cleared the four lanes of unaware traffic below her and slammed into roof of the building across the street, shattering the concrete. She rolled once, bounded up and kept running. She shouldered the door that lead inside splintering the jamb as she vaulted down to the next landing and gave a violent kick to door on the next level. Before continuing down the dark hall, she hazarded a look back toward the roof only to see agent Thompson, gun drawn, casually pursuing her from the roof. “Operator! I need an exit, FAST!, she yelled into her Bluetooth, as she sped down the hall.

Trinity kept to the shadows as she trialed Impervious. Neo felt the Matrix was too dangerous right now for her to be running about on her own. Impervious gave a glance backward and disappeared into the subway. If he had any plans for tonight Trinity was determined to put a stop to them.

The Merovingian finished eating and dabbed at his lips with the napkin before tossing it on the table. He pushed his chair back and got up. “If you want something done in this program you have to do it yourself”, he thought as he pulled a key from his breast pocket and inserted it into the knob on a side door. He swung it open and found himself between programs in a long endless hallway with metal doors lining both sides. He calmly strolled down the hall probing his teeth with a toothpick then stopped in front of the door he wanted. “this should lead me directly to my target”. He inserted the key in the knob and turned…

Something was wrong with the copy. Smith could tell almost immediately. For a brief moment he considered going to find the human whose signal he copied and destroying them, but decided against it. He knew there was some risk involved in attempting a copy over a patched line and had calculated the odds, which turned out to be in his favor and yet the copy still had turned out corrupt. He would have to shelve his plans. Agent Smith cursed the human they called “Tank” and swore to get his revenge. Now there was no time left to save his target.

Neo had gotten the coordinates he was looking for and plummeted to earth. He blasted straight through the pavement in the middle of 39th street with a deafening explosion leaving debris strewn across the street and a gaping hole that lead down to the subway.

Agent Thompson sprinted around the corner after Crazypainter with his gun hand in front of him. She snatched his leading arm, gave a tremendous pull and smashed the agent’s face against the wall. His head pulverizing the wallboard and brick beneath it. His sunglasses disintegrated into bits only to reform on the back of his head with an unphazed face behind them. The arm she had been holding reformed as well and now clutched her wrist as the other arm delivered a bone crushing punch to her chest. CP turned and broke through the window behind her onto the fire escape as bullets pocked the wall where her head used to be.

Trinity was still trailing Impervious in the subway when she heard a great BOOM. The earth shook and the ceiling tiles directly above Impervious shot out in all directions as Neo emerged from the ceiling and tackled impervious both of them rolling onto the subway tracks.

Impervious fought for his life, but was no match for Neo who blocked his every attack. Neo thrust out with a side kick that Impervious barely diverted in time, but still sent him flying across the tunnel. He glanced to his left and saw his only opportunity. The No. 11 train. He was starting to get winded but renewed his attack at Neo with vigor. He managed to get a hold on Neo’s jacket sleeve and gave a mighty yank in an attempt to pull him off balance causing them both to land on the ground directly in front of the No. 11. Neo shoved Impervious and back-flipped out of the way while Impervious dove forward to the other side of the tunnel as the train whizzed by. Neo could see Impervious smiling at him from the other side through the windows of the speeding train. Impervious was feeling pretty good about slipping away from Neo when a dirty service door to his right opened silently and the Merovingian stepped out and put a gun to his ear then pulled the trigger. By the time the No. 11 was past the small door was again locked tight.

Trinity saw the whole scene unfold, but remained in the shadows. As Neo flew back up the same hole he created, she turned and headed for the exit.

CP had her gun drawn when she jumped on to the railing of the fire escape and lunged across the nine story gap below her. She could hear bullets winging past her head as she rotated in mid-air and fired at the agent through her legs. Agent Thompson continued to pull the trigger as fast as this human program would let him until one of his bullets struck it’s intended target. Crazypainter exploded through the window pane of the high-rise across from where she jumped her body rolled to a stop against the far wall of the room she entered. Agent Thompson didn’t wait for her to get up, he knew she was already dead.

JarZe had been transferred out of the Matrix and onto the Nebuchadnezzar the day before. He wasn’t supposed to go back in until tomorrow and the wait was killing him. He had some business to take care of. He was due to be interrogated in a few hours, but he’d be damned if he was going to wait around for that. Lucky for him his computer skills weren’t lacking and he constructed his own carrier program by hacking into the ship’s service lines and within a few moments he was back in the Matrix.

The Oracle put her cookies on a tray to cool down and retook her seat at the kitchen table. She tapped a cigarette out of her pack and light it up. “I saw that coming”, she said as she blown smoke out with a sigh.

The Architect - Lost in Cyber Space

1 - Social Darwin (SD)

2 - JarZe (JZ)

3 - IDoNotExist (IDNE)

4 - Izzy

5 - Twin POP (TP)

6 - Rainthinker (RT)

7 - Andromeda (Andro/CPB)

8 - Hellgate London (HL)

9 - Crazy Painter (CP) - DEAD - killed by Agents

10 - Joe's Student (JS)

11 - Riaranor (RR)

12 - Impervious (Impy) - DEAD - killed by Neo/Merovingian

13 - Clozobzo (CB?)

14 - TwoaDay (tad)

15 - twin BRO (TB)

16 - Star Tiger (ST)

17 - Some Guy (SG)

18 - Prof Templeton (PT) Lynched - Agent Johnson

Night one

Day one action

Day 1 lynch

Night 2: Destruction of a common goal

The Oracle stubbed out her cigarette in the ashtray on the kitchen table and rose to get her cookies from the oven. She had just placed her hand on the oven door handle when she was struck by a vision. It only caused her to pause for a moment before she resumed taking out the fresh baked cookies. “Oh Impervious, I know who you are and you’re going to have an interesting night”. This is what she saw…

Neo had planned to meet up with the Oracle, but there was something he felt he had to do first. There was someone inside the Matrix that he didn’t trust. Neo flipped open his phone, “Operator. Have you got the trace program in place? Good. Call me when it’s finished.” He flipped the phone closed and dropped it onto the pocket of his leather duster. He fitted his sunglasses in place and after taking a quick look around he crouched as if coiling a spring. Neo gathered up the ambient energy of the Matrix around him and brought it into himself causing the ground at his feet to appear to ripple like the surface of a pond disturbed by a tossed stone. He remained crouched for a split second before rocketing into the sky.

Agent Smith had been running his own trace program. He switched it off with a slight twitch of his head. He had all the information he needed on the location of the human that was currently jacked into the Matrix. Smith began to run his copy program.

Crazypainter leapt off the roof of the ten story brownstone at a dead run. She easily cleared the four lanes of unaware traffic below her and slammed into roof of the building across the street, shattering the concrete. She rolled once, bounded up and kept running. She shouldered the door that lead inside splintering the jamb as she vaulted down to the next landing and gave a violent kick to door on the next level. Before continuing down the dark hall, she hazarded a look back toward the roof only to see agent Thompson, gun drawn, casually pursuing her from the roof. “Operator! I need an exit, FAST!, she yelled into her Bluetooth, as she sped down the hall.

Trinity kept to the shadows as she trialed Impervious. Neo felt the Matrix was too dangerous right now for her to be running about on her own. Impervious gave a glance backward and disappeared into the subway. If he had any plans for tonight Trinity was determined to put a stop to them.

The Merovingian finished eating and dabbed at his lips with the napkin before tossing it on the table. He pushed his chair back and got up. “If you want something done in this program you have to do it yourself”, he thought as he pulled a key from his breast pocket and inserted it into the knob on a side door. He swung it open and found himself between programs in a long endless hallway with metal doors lining both sides. He calmly strolled down the hall probing his teeth with a toothpick then stopped in front of the door he wanted. “this should lead me directly to my target”. He inserted the key in the knob and turned…

Something was wrong with the copy. Smith could tell almost immediately. For a brief moment he considered going to find the human whose signal he copied and destroying them, but decided against it. He knew there was some risk involved in attempting a copy over a patched line and had calculated the odds, which turned out to be in his favor and yet the copy still had turned out corrupt. He would have to shelve his plans. Agent Smith cursed the human they called “Tank” and swore to get his revenge. Now there was no time left to save his target.

Neo had gotten the coordinates he was looking for and plummeted to earth. He blasted straight through the pavement in the middle of 39th street with a deafening explosion leaving debris strewn across the street and a gaping hole that lead down to the subway.

Agent Thompson sprinted around the corner after Crazypainter with his gun hand in front of him. She snatched his leading arm, gave a tremendous pull and smashed the agent’s face against the wall. His head pulverizing the wallboard and brick beneath it. His sunglasses disintegrated into bits only to reform on the back of his head with an unphazed face behind them. The arm she had been holding reformed as well and now clutched her wrist as the other arm delivered a bone crushing punch to her chest. CP turned and broke through the window behind her onto the fire escape as bullets pocked the wall where her head used to be.

Trinity was still trailing Impervious in the subway when she heard a great BOOM. The earth shook and the ceiling tiles directly above Impervious shot out in all directions as Neo emerged from the ceiling and tackled impervious both of them rolling onto the subway tracks.

Impervious fought for his life, but was no match for Neo who blocked his every attack. Neo thrust out with a side kick that Impervious barely diverted in time, but still sent him flying across the tunnel. He glanced to his left and saw his only opportunity. The No. 11 train. He was starting to get winded but renewed his attack at Neo with vigor. He managed to get a hold on Neo’s jacket sleeve and gave a mighty yank in an attempt to pull him off balance causing them both to land on the ground directly in front of the No. 11. Neo shoved Impervious and back-flipped out of the way while Impervious dove forward to the other side of the tunnel as the train whizzed by. Neo could see Impervious smiling at him from the other side through the windows of the speeding train. Impervious was feeling pretty good about slipping away from Neo when a dirty service door to his right opened silently and the Merovingian stepped out and put a gun to his ear then pulled the trigger. By the time the No. 11 was past the small door was again locked tight.

Trinity saw the whole scene unfold, but remained in the shadows. As Neo flew back up the same hole he created, she turned and headed for the exit.

CP had her gun drawn when she jumped on to the railing of the fire escape and lunged across the nine story gap below her. She could hear bullets winging past her head as she rotated in mid-air and fired at the agent through her legs. Agent Thompson continued to pull the trigger as fast as this human program would let him until one of his bullets struck it’s intended target. Crazypainter exploded through the window pane of the high-rise across from where she jumped her body rolled to a stop against the far wall of the room she entered. Agent Thompson didn’t wait for her to get up, he knew she was already dead.

JarZe had been transferred out of the Matrix and onto the Nebuchadnezzar the day before. He wasn’t supposed to go back in until tomorrow and the wait was killing him. He had some business to take care of. He was due to be interrogated in a few hours, but he’d be damned if he was going to wait around for that. Lucky for him his computer skills weren’t lacking and he constructed his own carrier program by hacking into the ship’s service lines and within a few moments he was back in the Matrix.

The Oracle put her cookies on a tray to cool down and retook her seat at the kitchen table. She tapped a cigarette out of her pack and light it up. “I saw that coming”, she said as she blown smoke out with a sigh.

The Architect - Lost in Cyber Space

1 - Social Darwin (SD)

2 - JarZe (JZ)

3 - IDoNotExist (IDNE)

4 - Izzy

5 - Twin POP (TP)

6 - Rainthinker (RT)

7 - Andromeda (Andro/CPB)

8 - Hellgate London (HL)

9 - Crazy Painter (CP) - DEAD - killed by Agents

10 - Joe's Student (JS)

11 - Riaranor (RR)

12 - Impervious (Impy) - DEAD - killed by Neo/Merovingian

13 - Clozobzo (CB?)

14 - TwoaDay (tad)

15 - twin BRO (TB)

16 - Star Tiger (ST)

17 - Some Guy (SG)

18 - Prof Templeton (PT) Lynched - Agent Johnson

Night one

Day one action

Day 1 lynch

Hmm double kill on me. I'm impressed. perhaps i should change my title to the night two target. However mistakes were made that you will not be able to take back.

Great post PT!

Sorry CP, I was really hoping that someone would have your back tonight :(

Hmm double kill on me. I'm impressed. perhaps i should change my title to the night two target. However mistakes were made that you will not be able to take back.

Like what? We had the right target, and thankfully the Merovingian helped us take out an Agent... instead of a Human :)

The way I see it, things couldn't have turned out much better! Unless of course the Agents had picked the Merovingian instead of CP :blink: