BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Speed Mafia

Brandonb

Ok now what role has their id revealed if they die?

We always find out the role of the person lynched. So what BL is saying is that if we lynch him and he turns out to be the Doctor, then Itachi is the obvious next choice since he is the leader of the lynch party against BL. Of course, it is possible (though probably not likely) that both are innocents and, due to a distinct difference in strategy, each thinks the other to be a baddie. But in any case, that's what BL is indicating.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I'm kind of on the fence right now on voting. It seems like everyone is going to fall into one of two camps today. Either you trust BL and doubt Itachi, or you support Itachi against BL. BL hasn't provided the greatest defense in the world, but there are still a lot of missing variables. Whoever the Doctor is, he/she picked the right person to save. If BL is the doctor and if he had done what Itachi asked, then we would have been none the wiser since neither BL or Rene were targeted to die. So I don't think that it really proves that BL is not the doctor either. As such, I'm not going to vote yet while I consider the options."

So, how did the doc know to save CherryLane? Man, that is one smart doc! :D

1) Dawh

2) itachi - voting for Ben Law

3) Nayana

4) Cherry Lane

5) GC - DEAD [?] (Killed by Ninja)

6) Joe's Student - DEAD [?] (Killed by GrimR)

7) Ben Law - voting for itachi

8) Crazypainter voting for Ben Law

9) rene83

10) FIF

11) Kat - DEAD [Mayor] (Killed by Mafia)

12) Frost - voting for Ben Law

I wish there was more discussion so I could change my mind.

I am not 100% sure but I dont see how BL couldnt be a baddie.

But I want to get my vote in before I leave. If I make it back before the deadline

and BL stops acting so suspicious I may change my vote.

First: thankyou thankyou thankyou doctor!

Next: what does it mean that I was a target? First, I think it means BL is not mafia. I was one of his only supporters yesterday - he wouldn't turn around and kill me off, right? I think?

So I'm going to vote for someone who voted for BL.

host: Brandonb and Y-san

1) Dawh

3) Nayana

4) Cherry Lane - voting for Frost

9) rene83

10) FIF

Sorry I'm not very active today. I'm at work and don't have a computer. Had to sneak onto this one in order to vote. I probably won't be home until after the day ends.

First: thankyou thankyou thankyou doctor!

Next: what does it mean that I was a target? First, I think it means BL is not mafia. I was one of his only supporters yesterday - he wouldn't turn around and kill me off, right? I think?

Well, that would be a good alibi. But also its a great alibi. Maybe that is why he went for you.

But it does help me a bit with my choice. I doubt that you are mafia. I seriously doubt one mafioso would target another.

I mean I can see them voting to lynch each other, as seen in other games. But since the mafia went after you, you cant be mafia.

So Ben could be mafia and go after you because you arent.

So I'm going to vote for someone who voted for BL.

You're voting for me because I voted for BL? That's not a good enough reason. You being the target proves absolutely nothing. Remember that the mafia would probably try to confuse us, so just because we think they did it for some reason doesn't mean they could have thought of that and done the opposite. The truth is, we don't know why they killed you. It could be what CP said. It could be something else. But I don't think that reasoning is solid enough for a lynch. BL has been acting suspicious this whole game. I don't know if he's mafia, but I don't know of anyone else either, so I went with the most likely.

I'm kind of on the fence right now on voting. It seems like everyone is going to fall into one of two camps today. Either you trust BL and doubt Itachi, or you support Itachi against BL. BL hasn't provided the greatest defense in the world, but there are still a lot of missing variables. Whoever the Doctor is, he/she picked the right person to save. If BL is the doctor and if he had done what Itachi asked, then we would have been none the wiser since neither BL or Rene were targeted to die. So I don't think that it really proves that BL is not the doctor either. As such, I'm not going to vote yet while I consider the options.

This is not correct and makes me suspicious of you. If (Big IF) Ben was the Doctor and did as I asked, CL would have died, but right now, Ben could be using that as a defense. He could be saying: "look, I saved rene, it's just that no one tried to kill her so my action was not mentioned." The way things stand now, IF Ben is the Doctor he still has left himself completely defenseless. The real Doctor knows the score here and is trying to tell us something... that Ben is lying.

And I'm assuming you're waiting to vote because right now only your fellow Mafioso is on the chopping block and you voting for someone else right now would look too suspicious. 2 Mafiosos down in my book.

We always find out the role of the person lynched. So what BL is saying is that if we lynch him and he turns out to be the Doctor, then Itachi is the obvious next choice since he is the leader of the lynch party against BL. Of course, it is possible (though probably not likely) that both are innocents and, due to a distinct difference in strategy, each thinks the other to be a baddie. But in any case, that's what BL is indicating.

I feel so stupid right now. Why did I never notice that all players lynched had their role revealed? :blush:

Well I cast my vote and I will stick with it. But this is getting tight!

I tell you that even though this is my 4th or 5th game, I still feel like a noob at times. :P

Please tell me some of you do as well.

I feel so stupid right now. Why did I never notice that all players lynched had their role revealed? :blush:

Well I cast my vote and I will stick with it. But this is getting tight!

I tell you that even though this is my 4th or 5th game, I still feel like a noob at times. :P

Please tell me some of you do as well.

don't worry, it's my... ( *mentally calculating numbers* Mafia Iv, Mafia V, Mafia IV, M4F14, Speed Mafia) 5th game too and I am waiting to see what will happen in the next 4 hours until I place my vote. But if nothing happens, I am going for BL. A policeman/woman can't save the same person twice, right?!

1) Dawh

3) Nayana

9) rene83-voting for Ben Law

10) FIF

I am voting for BL.. i am sorry but I am still unconvinced that you are the doctor, it seems mighty like what mekal was doing to try and play me in Mafia VI where I was the doctor and he was BS'ing me that he was the healer when CL actually was... I almost got whacked for that... we do have a sage and they get to know what roles were killed last night... if only they could hint around.. give a puzzling puzzle for the wise.... and I apologize for my inactivity, been at the hospital all day, my best friend's mom is trying to die

This is not correct and makes me suspicious of you. If (Big IF) Ben was the Doctor and did as I asked, CL would have died, but right now, Ben could be using that as a defense. He could be saying: "look, I saved rene, it's just that no one tried to kill her so my action was not mentioned." The way things stand now, IF Ben is the Doctor he still has left himself completely defenseless. The real Doctor knows the score here and is trying to tell us something... that Ben is lying.

And I'm assuming you're waiting to vote because right now only your fellow Mafioso is on the chopping block and you voting for someone else right now would look too suspicious. 2 Mafiosos down in my book.

Perhaps I didn't phrase that quite the way I meant it. I just meant that we wouldn't have known who BL saved, so sure he could have argued that he did choose himself or Rene, but it wouldn't really be a very strong argument in any case. The thing that confuses me the most is that Cherry Lane was (and is) defending BL and she was targeted by the mafia...actually, that would make sense if BL was a baddie. By removing one of those defending him, it could (wrongly) lend credence to him being who he said he is. Of course, why would the doctor defend Cherry Lane when she was defending BL. Of course, he's not putting up much of a fight either. He doesn't seem to care if he gets lynched.

Earlier, I thought that perhaps BL arguments and Cherry Lane's defense of him might have some merit, but looking back over things, I'm not seeing anything that looks convincing to me. Of all of the possible people who went after BL, CL chose Frost. He wasn't really on to contribute yesterday and then voted with the bandwagon. Today, he hasn't done anything either, so I'm a little confused about CL's choice. If someone really wanted to defend BL, Itachi is the obvious choice since he is leading the charge (and BL is voting for him.) I thought that it was odd when she made it, but I wanted to see what other people said about it (apparently that was too much to ask. :rolleyes: )

And why are you suspicious of me? I've been one of the few that are actually posting periodically and I was just trying to outline the two sides of the argument as I saw them. There are a couple of other people who haven't voted either and I could have voted for Frost if I wanted to. I was waiting to see if someone would come up with a good defense for BL, but as that hasn't happened, I guess I might as well vote.

One last thing Itachi: I'm not sure whether you want to divulge why you seem to be protecting Rene, but I was wondering if you could give a particular reason for why you asked BL to protect her last night? If that would be to risky, I understand.

1) Dawh - voting for Ben Law

3) Nayana

9) rene83

10) FIF

I am voting for BL.. i am sorry but I am still unconvinced that you are the doctor, it seems mighty like what mekal was doing to try and play me in Mafia VI where I was the doctor and he was BS'ing me that he was the healer when CL actually was... I almost got whacked for that... we do have a sage and they get to know what roles were killed last night... if only they could hint around.. give a puzzling puzzle for the wise.... and I apologize for my inactivity, been at the hospital all day, my best friend's mom is trying to die

I think by "Mekal" you mean Brandonb....;P

I just had the wrong roman numeral behind Mafia lol sorry

No, CL was the GR in V, she was the healer (or CLv1.0 was) in VI and Bb figured that out and was pretending to be...I remember that b/c I was hitting myself over the head for not advising Dawh, my fellow Yakuza, to claim that role first...;P

No, CL was the GR in V, she was the healer (or CLv1.0 was) in VI and Bb figured that out and was pretending to be...I remember that b/c I was hitting myself over the head for not advising Dawh, my fellow Yakuza, to claim that role first...;P

dang all these mafia games are becoming as one in my mind lol i cant keep anything straight

Okay, Bb is off on his shenanigans...:P...so I'm filling in on the day post:

DAY POST #2

Host: Brandonb & Y-san

1) Dawh

2) itachi

3) Nayana

4) Cherry Lane

7) Ben Law - DEAD [Doctor] (Lynched)

8) Crazypainter

9) rene83

10) FIF

12) Frost

...okay, and Night falls!

Roster needs to be updated, people posted without my vote in it

Oh I dont remember rene, would the outcome have changed?

Who did you vote for?

edit: I checked. You voted for....BenLaw. So it really wouldnt have made a difference.

Ben was gonners w/or w/o your vote. I suppose BL fooled us all into believing he was....

...oh yeah, the doctor. Crud! :wacko:

Edited by crazypainter

*sigh* I really wish I could have been on more today. I was posting in such a hurry earlier - so much more I could have said to try to convince you. Not that it would have made a difference...BL was toast from daybreak. I see no one was carted off to prison - did we lose the police officer last night :o ?

*sigh* I really wish I could have been on more today. I was posting in such a hurry earlier - so much more I could have said to try to convince you. Not that it would have made a difference...BL was toast from daybreak. I see no one was carted off to prison - did we lose the police officer last night :o ?

Hey, CL, tell me anyways. I want to be convinced. I've got some time b4 the night post so give me a chance to change my theory...

please?:) Plus I want a chance to compare your ideas and Itachi's. You both made sense when I read your arguments.

Edited by crazypainter