BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Mafia III

unreality

Question

Mafia III

Sign up now ;D 12 is the absolute minimum, though 15 is the real minimum. 18 would be awesome, and 21 is ideal for what I have in mind (more than 21 is even better tongue.gif)

Check out Mafia II for more information on what Mafia is, and the concepts and stuff:

Post #29 - Rules
Post #17 - Strategy Tips
Post #51 - Intro
Post #65 - A Wild Evening
Post #77 - The Blue Octane
Post #159 - To The Sharks!!!
Post #174 - Open Warfare
Post #338 - The Web of Lies
Post #360 - Last Girl Standing
Post #429 - A Firelit Lynching (& Epilogue)

I won't post the official rules and roles for Mafia III until I know how many people are playing, so sign up quick biggrin.gif

* Dnae is invincible for the first night and first day
* Puzzlegirl is invincible for the first night

(If you don't know, those two are invincible because they died first & second in Mafia II)

the roster:

Host: Unreality
1) dnae
2) puzzlegirl
3)

• Answers 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

maybe like "if name votes for name then it's actually a vote for name"... but I dunno. Vote majorities are usually pretty solid by the end. Still thinking on the replacement role, though Lobbyist is an option :P

Well, how about the Lobbyist gets a 1/3 vote? ie. a vote that equals 1/3 of the total number of people alive?

then why not just think of another role? :P

how about the Lobbiest has the power to force a player to say the opposite of what they should be saying according to their character. so if 2 posts are mandatory during a day cycle, then that person has to say what the Lobbiest tells them to say for that cycle :D

I don't think that's a good idea...

and there's no "mandatory 2 posts" or anything- it's just: BE ACTIVE. I don't want a repeat of Mafia III. I'm thinking of just inviting specific people for IV, then have people sign up for the open slots and then I choose from them

I see that it sounds a bit convoluted now. what i meant was that the player the Lobbiest selects has to post at least 2 posts written by the Lobbiest during that particular day cycle.

Edit: maybe the Lobbiest can choose which side they are to support at the beginning of the game as well. so they could win with the innocents or with the mafia or QA's

it just seems like it gives too much power to the Lobbiest... who is an Innocent role, for manipulation. Sorry, but I think this one's a failure (don't worry, I've thrown away most of my own ideas too lol :D)

I added a twist then. maybe the Lobbiest or perhaps an entirely different character can choose which faction to support.

now it just seems like we're scrambling to make the Lobbiest idea fit... I like it as much as you do, but I think it's unbalanced for either/any side it picks. We need to look freshly, I think :P

though an independent character that can pick his/her side in the beginning (and nobody knows which side they're on) is interesting...

*continues to think of Innocent roles or if Town Crier would be good*

like I said, I'm thinking on the possibilities, though you've been a huge help on roles Itachi :P thanks man!

btw this is what I have so far for Mafia IV:

Mafia IV

Awesomeville is awesome, I couldn't resist returning...

Basic Overview: Baddies (and Vigilante) strike at night, while the Innocents try to lynch them during the day by majority vote

RULES:

1) only play if you've read the rules, the roles, the strategy tips and most of Mafia II and Mafia III!!! You need to know what you're getting into. Nobody will be allowed to join late and nobody will be allowed to quit. YOU MUST BE ON AND CHECKING/POSTING/PMING/VOTING ABOUT MAFIA AT LEAST TWICE A DAY!!!!!

2) no PMing behind the scenes!!!! Not only is this one of the stupidest things you could do in Mafia (you don't know who you're giving your role to and who is asking for your role, etc), even if you do know another person's role (ie, Defender and Vigilante) you can't PM them behind the scenes. The only people that are allowed to are the Mafia, and they can only do it at night and with the living Mafiosos. If a majority of Quarky Agents go after the same target one night, the QAs involved can also PM each other. BUT NOBODY ELSE! Also all Mafiosos and QAs should CC me in their PMs, just so I know what's going on faster and can move the game along faster

3) again, make sure you understand the rules and roles. If you don't get something, that's okay, just PM me :D

4) this is a new rule I'm adding that is very very important: you must be active! You must participate in the topic, discussions, voting, etc. If you join the game but hardly post, hardly vote, etc, you will be kicked out!!! Seriously, it's no fun when there are inactives. If you can't be on that much (per rule 1) then don't join!

5) please don't be rude ;D be nice and courteous and respectful

6) after you die, you can post in the topic, but not about anything important- ie, you can't reveal your role, make arguments, take part in strategy discussions, etc

7) Mafia is fun :D I will be choosing the final roster of 20 players, picking from the signer-uppers very carefully. I don't want to leave anyone out, but I don't want to have any inactives or sagekid-repeats (no offense sagekid :P) either. If you weren't picked, it may be that we just don't have any room, and I won't be accepting any late-joiners either, it messes up the game (cough Mafia 1 cough Mafia III). So please keep that in mind, and also Mafia is a game of elimination, sort of... so don't be mad or sad if/when you die :P

8a) in the case of emergency quitting, we might need some "backup players" to take over the role

8b) I said EMERGENCY QUITTING. Don't play the game if you think you're gonna pull a sagekid :P (again, no offense sagekid)

9) this rule may be unnecessary but you should never challenge the host ;D hehehehe

now for the best part...

ROLES:

20 peope: 8 baddies, 12 Innocents

baddies:

* 4 Mafiosos (Godfather, Thief, Assassin, Bankroller) - know who each other are. Can PM freely at night, but not at day. The Mafia kills each night. Each of the Mafiosos' special abilities are useable any night but not 2 nights in a row

* 3 Quarky Agents - do not know who each other are (at first). The QAs kill each night. Must have majority to kill. If they do reach this majority, those who were part of the majority meet each other and get to PM with each other at any time (day or night)

* 1 Grim Reaper - kill every even-numbered night. Invincible for first night and first day

win conditions for baddies:

* Mafia - kill everyone except Mafiosos

* QAs - kill the Sphinx. If they fail, they are immediately notified and a secondary mission is given: lynch a specific person the next day (the person is chosen randomly by me and is not a QA). If the QAs fail the secondary mission, their aliases are discovered and they are mass-lynched along with the actual person being lynched

* GR - kill the Vigilante. If the Grim Reaper fails to kill the Vigilante, the GR is outta the game

mafia special roles:

* Godfather - [any night, not 2x in a row] see the faction of 1 person (a faction is: mafia/innocent/QA/GR)

* Thief - [any night, not 2x in a row] steal from 1 person and assume their identity the next day if the Spy investigates (even days) or if Inspector is getting the Thief's identity PMed the next day (odd days)

* Bankroller - [any night, not 2x in a row] rough-up someone, beating them up, which is a message to stop your accusations the next day, and a warning that the Mafia will kill you if you don't stop or if you reveal you were roughed up. Also, the Bankroller's identity (including the Bankroller status) is revealed completely when he/she is killed, no matter day/night/whatever

* Assassin - [any night, not 2x in a row] if the Assassin is using his ability at the same night that a Doctor or Healer has decided to save the Assassin, the Assassin kills the Doctor/Healer (or both if both decided to save the Assassin that night) after the Doctor/Healer saves the Assassin (if saving is necessary of course, otherwise the Assassin just kills the Doctor/Healer/both)

*** All Mafia abilities must be PMed to me separately before the night is over. I won't wait for a decision on whether or not to use the abilitity. Same with the Bomb's lie-detect ability

Special Mafia Wipeout: if the Mafia are sure of the Inspector's identity, they can do a "wipeout" where they all come and kill the Inspector. Doctors/Healers/Sphinxes around are all killed on the spot on the wipeout's path to the Inspector, who is also killed. However, if the Mafia were WRONG about the Inspector, all those people (or just the non-Inspector) gang up on the Mafia and it's a Mafia-wipeout, the other way around

Innocents: win by killing all the baddies. Each Innocent has a special role...

saving roles = Doctor, Healer, Illusionist

* Doctor - save one person each night. Not same person 2x in a row. Can save self only once

* Healer - same as Doctor, but different methods of medicine

* Illusionist - save one person every even-# night from the Grim Reaper only. If the GR dies before the Illusionist, the Illusionist becomes the Sphinx

* Sphinx - every odd night, turns into a sphinx and protects one person. If baddie trying to kill the person can answer a riddle correctly, the sphinx steps aside. If baddie can't, all baddies in that faction die (or just the QAs that decided to kill the target that night). Baddies have the option of stepping down if the riddle is too hard, they only get 1 guess

discovery roles = Inspector, Spy, Bomb

* Inspector - gets PMed, every odd day, a baddie identity in this order: Mafia, QA, Mafia, QA, Mafia, QA, Mafia. The order is determined at the beginning of the game by me randomly, so dead people may be included.

* Spy - PMs me one player each even day, I reveal their role

* Bomb - [knows Inspector & is known by Mafia] can use lie-detect ability any night, but not two nights in a row. If Bomb is lynched, 1 person that voted for him/her is blown up with the Bomb. If Bomb is killed at night, there is a 1/2 chance it will be a dud and a 1/2 chance it will take one of its attackers with it in a fiery explosion

killing roles = Vigilante and his/her Defender. They know each other's identities but cannot PM

* Defender - no special powers on their own

* Vigilante - while Defender is alive, cannot die. The Vigilante kills one person every odd night except the 1st night. Can choose not to kill

other roles = Town Crier, Warlock, Jihadist, Atheist

* Town Crier - gets PMed a list of 3 logical statements every night (one is false, the rest true). If the Town Crier PMs me back one of them in time, the Town Crier will announce that statement the next morning for the whole town to hear. The Town Crier can never (if they out themself) say what the other statements have been

* Warlock - the Warlock is a cruel, anti-social magician and a longtime enemy of the Quarky Agents. The Warlock can bewitch one person every day (if they PM before the day is up) and if that person is a Quarky Agent, they explode the next day. The Warlock is a semi-independent character and wins by killing ALL THREE Quarky Agents in this manner. Otherwise, the Warlock wins with the Innocents

* Jihadist - the Jihadist can kill anyone at any time in a suicide bombing (ie, both people die)

* Atheist - the Atheist is favored by the Host God Unreality. The Atheist cannot be lynched and, on the 3rd day, can convert one more person to atheism. The new atheist, in addition to their previous role, cannot be lynched either. If either atheist is lynched, they get out of the lynching via divine intervention (ironic, lol)

STRATEGY HELP:

Mafia: coordinate your abilities well, try to avoid detection, and try to figure out who the Inspector is based off of the Bomb. There's a zillion more things I could go into, the Mafia is very complex... though one more point I want to make is that you should obviously be reluctant about taking out the Bomb, but don't not consider it- the Bomb poses a very real threat to the Mafia- as both a lie detector and as a sitting explosive. If it comes down to 1 Mafioso left, there's a 1/2 chance the Bomb will take the Mafia with it to the grave. And the Bomb might be more forthcoming about what it knows because of its extra security- don't let the Bomb take advantage of your fear

QAs: a good strategy here is persistence- if someone keeps going after the same person, the other QAs should take hint and join that person, thus getting a kill and uniting the QAs. Try to figure out who the GR is and get the GR out of the way before the Illusionist dies, then kill the Sphinx. If it comes to the secondary mission, first figure out a logical reason to condemn the target before blindly accusing them

Grim Reaper: you may be invincible the first night & day, but you still don't want to be targeted, as your role is revealed (most likely). Avoid suspicion constantly, and watch and wait, trying to figure out who the Defender and Vigilante are. A different, very risky strategy is to play a waiting game- don't kill (so that people think you are dead, and no GR accusations are thrown around) until the Defender is dead and you know who the Vigilante is. Then strike swiftly to win the game. If the Defender isn't going to be killed, you might have to silence the Defender yourself and then kill the Vigilante two nights later

Innocents: try to figure out who everyone is, and keep all the possibilities in mind. Just because someone claims to be something and nobody objects doesn't mean you should trust that person implicity- or anyone implicitly. Many Innocents lie too, and lying doesn't mean baddie. This is a game of deceit, so play your cards carefully and don't give out too much info about yourself. Don't let yourself get swayed into voting, and think about the choices and reasons involved- though sometimes it's a good idea to go with the flow. Know every perk about your role and maximize your role to the biggest possible advantage. Always be thinking of schemes. If you are a healing role, don't blindly give protection (they could be the Assassin, or any baddie trying to absorb protection from Innocents OR trying to get it to ward off enemy baddies). Discovery roles have to be the most reserved in revealing what they know (especially the Inspector) as the baddies want them dead. The Bomb should take advantage of the fact that everyone is reluctant to take you out. As for killing roles, the Defender should obviously lay low, but the Vigilante & Defender should protect each other. The Vigilante should exercise the right not to kill at night if he/she is unsure of who is Innocent and who isn't.

VOTING HELP:

To add your vote:

1) reply to the most updated roster

2) add a space after your name, then a dash ("-") then another space, then the words "voting for" and then another space and then someone's name, COLOR-CODED

3) if someone else has already voted for the person, use the existing color they used for the name. If you are the first person to vote for the person, make up a new color (not yellow or grey please)

Color Coding:

#) Name - voting for [color=COLOR HERE]Name[/color]

Please retain all the grey dead colors, question mark colors, lynched-people colors, etc (this isn't hard if you just Reply/Quote the next-most-updated roster that has all the colors).

Also, if a baddie has been lynched and has his/her role as red, do not use plain red as a color for voting for someone. If an Innocent has been lynched and has his/her role as blue, do not use plain blue as a color for voting for someone.

This may be all common sense, but a surprising number of people have problems with our color-coded voting system ;D

JOINING

The joining process will be slightly different than before. First, I've decided to invite the first 11 players:

1) Itachi-san

2) Frost

3) Brandonb

4) Kingofpain

5) Pw0nzd

6) Cherry Lane

7) Dawh

8) Nayana

9) Dnae

10) Scott

11) GC

however 9 more may sign up. But don't just add your name to the list- I need to make sure you won't become an "inactive"

CONFIRMATION OF ROLES

We will only start once everyone has confirmed their role (I send PMs to each person). Then I will post the final roster of players and start off the first night :P

Isn't puzzlegirl going to be in Mafia IV? She was good in Mafia II(until she was thrown in with the sharks - have we fed those lately? :D). That's cool about the GR though, invincible first night and day(No repeat of Itachi). B))

Well I had an honest explanation for my inactivity but, it was more active than alot of others. I know it was a lot of reading every time you wake up out of bed. I started skimming through quickly. I get all caught up and then murdered. I am doubtful you can trust all of the noobs to stick with the game. They have school or jobs or whatever. I always go here before my yahoo emails. So I wish to partake in the next one. :D Au revoir

Just thinking again (maybe for future mafias after 4): i kind of like the Mayor idea (confirmed innocent) so how about the Godfather is a confirmed person too? there would obviously be very strong reasons not to kill him, like if he gets lynched the mafia gets to kill 3 people that night (it would be a public humiliation, so lynching gets 2 extra kills) and if the Godfather gets taken out at night (more respectful) then the mafia gets to make an extra kill that night or have a private lynch of their own the next day :D

Edit: just to add to that, I was wondering what should happen if the Godfather is the last one alive. If that's the case: if he gets lynched, he (though actually unreality) tells the identity of one person from each other faction (innocent, quarky and gr) = big incentive for gr not to want the Godfather to get lynched at this point. And if he is the last mafia member and is killed at night an assassin from another sector will come into town and kill one member of the faction that killed him (even the gr) - so the gr really doesn't want to kill off the Godfather if he is the last mafioso

Hey ! What's happened to Mafia III . It has been open-circuited , I guess . There has been no flow of current . :P Maybe you guys shouldn't have have lynched me . :lol:

I know , it's probably because of Brandon's and LIS's absence .

Brandon , I vote for you being the lawyer , in case unreality decides to include it . But I guess it's going to be an unanimous .

Coming to you joining law school , I have a soft corner for lawyers . :D It's probably because of all the unfair accusations dumped on them . I agree that some lawyers work purely for money but this makes the real protectors of law to also be included as pure money-makers , selling justice . But really law is one complicated machinery , I will never understand . ;)

Does it take 4 years to sit for the Bar examination ? Just curious .

That gives me an idea now. A role that is like the vigilante, except baddie.

The guy (lets call him the psycho quarky) gets to kill at night, but he himself cannot die, just like the vigilante. The difference is, the psycho has his role revealed at the beginning of the game, and he only gets to kill once. He cannot PM with the other QAs until he uses his kill. When he makes his kill he becomes vulnerable. At that point he gets to PM with the other quarkies, that is if they can PM eachother when he uses his kill. If they cannot PM eachother, then he really can't do anything except die as a confirmed quarky agent.

It's kind of a combination of the suicide bomber (except instead of dying he becomes vulnerable) and the vigilante, who turns into a confirmed quarky agent. I dunno how the character would win, I don't want it to be by killing the sphinx (unless he does it as a quarky).

Hey ! What's happened to Mafia III . It has been open-circuited , I guess . There has been no flow of current . :P Maybe you guys shouldn't have have lynched me . :lol:

I know , it's probably because of Brandon's and LIS's absence .

Brandon , I vote for you being the lawyer , in case unreality decides to include it . But I guess it's going to be an unanimous .

Coming to you joining law school , I have a soft corner for lawyers . :D It's probably because of all the unfair accusations dumped on them . I agree that some lawyers work purely for money but this makes the real protectors of law to also be included as pure money-makers , selling justice . But really law is one complicated machinery , I will never understand . ;)

Does it take 4 years to sit for the Bar examination ? Just curious .

3 yrs for law school, then the Bar.

From what I have been told years years go like this:

1st yr- They scare you to death

2nd yr- they work you to death

3rd yr- they bore you to death :P

Then once you are all scared, tired, and atrophied, they hit you with the Bar, and after that the real work begins. :P

3 yrs for law school, then the Bar.

From what I have been told years years go like this:

1st yr- They scare you to death

2nd yr- they work you to death

3rd yr- they bore you to death :P

Then once you are all scared, tired, and atrophied, they hit you with the Bar, and after that the real work begins. :P

Well all the best for the gruelling routine . :P

I've made some significant changes to the Mafia IV plan so far:

Mafia IV

Awesomeville is awesome, I couldn't resist returning...

Basic Overview: Baddies (and Ninja) strike at night, while the Innocents try to lynch them during the day by majority vote

RULES:

1) only play if you've read the rules, the roles, the strategy tips and most of Mafia II and Mafia III!!! You need to know what you're getting into. Nobody will be allowed to join late and nobody will be allowed to quit. YOU MUST BE ON AND CHECKING/POSTING/PMING/VOTING ABOUT MAFIA AT LEAST TWICE A DAY!!!!!

2) no PMing behind the scenes!!!! Not only is this one of the stupidest things you could do in Mafia (you don't know who you're giving your role to and who is asking for your role, etc), even if you do know another person's role (ie, Defender and Ninja) you can't PM them behind the scenes. The only people that are allowed to are the Mafia, and they can only do it at night and with the living Mafiosos. If a majority of Quarky Agents go after the same target one night, the QAs involved can also PM each other. BUT NOBODY ELSE! Also all Mafiosos and QAs should CC me in their PMs, just so I know what's going on faster and can move the game along faster

3) again, make sure you understand the rules and roles. If you don't get something, that's okay, just PM me :D

4) this is a new rule I'm adding that is very very important: you must be active! You must participate in the topic, discussions, voting, etc. If you join the game but hardly post, hardly vote, etc, you will be kicked out!!! Seriously, it's no fun when there are inactives. If you can't be on that much (per rule 1) then don't join!

5) please don't be rude ;D be nice and courteous and respectful

6) after you die, you can post in the topic, but not about anything important- ie, you can't reveal your role, make arguments, take part in strategy discussions, etc

7) Mafia is fun :D I will be choosing the final roster of 20 players, picking from the signer-uppers very carefully. I don't want to leave anyone out, but I don't want to have any inactives or sagekid-repeats (no offense sagekid :P) either. If you weren't picked, it may be that we just don't have any room, and I won't be accepting any late-joiners either, it messes up the game (cough Mafia 1 cough Mafia III). So please keep that in mind, and also Mafia is a game of elimination, sort of... so don't be mad or sad if/when you die :P

8a) in the case of emergency quitting, we might need some "backup players" to take over the role

8b) I said EMERGENCY QUITTING. Don't play the game if you think you're gonna pull a sagekid :P (again, no offense sagekid)

9) this rule may be unnecessary but you should never challenge the host ;D hehehehe

now for the best part...

ROLES:

20 peope: 8 baddies, 12 Innocents

baddies:

* 4 Mafiosos (Godfather, Thief, Assassin, Bankroller) - know who each other are. Can PM freely at night, but not at day. The Mafia kills each night. Each of the Mafiosos' special abilities are useable any night but not 2 nights in a row

* 3 Quarky Agents - do not know who each other are (at first). The QAs kill each night. Must have majority to kill. If they do reach this majority, those who were part of the majority meet each other and get to PM with each other at any time (day or night)

* 1 Grim Reaper - kill every even-numbered night. Invincible for first night and first day

win conditions for baddies:

* Mafia - kill everyone except Mafiosos

* QAs - kill the Sphinx. If they fail, they are immediately notified and a secondary mission is given: lynch a specific person the next day (the person is chosen randomly by me and is not a QA). If the QAs fail the secondary mission, their aliases are discovered and they are mass-lynched along with the actual person being lynched

* GR - kill the Ninja. If the Grim Reaper fails to kill the Ninja, the GR is outta the game

mafia special roles:

* Godfather - [any night, not 2x in a row] see the faction of 1 person (a faction is: mafia/innocent/QA/GR)

* Thief - [any night, not 2x in a row] steal from 1 person and assume their identity the next day if the Spy investigates (even days) or if Inspector is getting the Thief's identity PMed the next day (odd days)

* Bankroller - [any night, not 2x in a row] rough-up someone, beating them up, which is a message to stop your accusations the next day, and a warning that the Mafia will kill you if you don't stop or if you reveal you were roughed up. Also, the Bankroller's identity (including the Bankroller status) is revealed completely when he/she is killed, no matter day/night/whatever

* Assassin - [any night, not 2x in a row] if the Assassin is using his ability at the same night that a Doctor or Healer has decided to save the Assassin, the Assassin kills the Doctor/Healer (or both if both decided to save the Assassin that night) after the Doctor/Healer saves the Assassin (if saving is necessary of course, otherwise the Assassin just kills the Doctor/Healer/both)

*** All Mafia abilities must be PMed to me separately before the night is over. I won't wait for a decision on whether or not to use the abilitity. Same with the Bomb's lie-detect ability

Special Mafia Wipeout: if the Mafia are sure of the Inspector's identity, they can do a "wipeout" where they all come and kill the Inspector. Doctors/Healers/Sphinxes around are all killed on the spot on the wipeout's path to the Inspector, who is also killed. However, if the Mafia were WRONG about the Inspector, all those people (or just the non-Inspector) gang up on the Mafia and it's a Mafia-wipeout, the other way around

Innocents: win by killing all the baddies. Each Innocent has a special role...

saving roles = Doctor, Healer, Illusionist

* Doctor - save one person each night. Not same person 2x in a row. Can save self only once

* Healer - same as Doctor, but different methods of medicine

* Illusionist - save one person every even-# night from the Grim Reaper only. If the GR dies before the Illusionist, the Illusionist becomes the Sphinx

* Sphinx - every odd night, turns into a sphinx and protects one person. If baddie trying to kill the person can answer a riddle correctly, the sphinx steps aside. If baddie can't, all baddies in that faction die (or just the QAs that decided to kill the target that night). Baddies have the option of stepping down if the riddle is too hard, they only get 1 guess

discovery roles = Inspector, Spy, Bomb

* Inspector - gets PMed, every odd day, a baddie identity in this order: Mafia, QA, Mafia, QA, Mafia, QA, Mafia. The order is determined at the beginning of the game by me randomly, so dead people may be included.

* Spy - PMs me one player each even day, I reveal their role

* Bomb - [knows Inspector & is known by Mafia] can use lie-detect ability any night, but not two nights in a row. If Bomb is lynched, 1 person that voted for him/her is blown up with the Bomb. If Bomb is killed at night, there is a 1/2 chance it will be a dud and a 1/2 chance it will take one of its attackers with it in a fiery explosion

killing roles = Ninja and his/her Defender

* Defender - [knows who Ninja is] no special powers on their own. No matter when the Defender dies, his/her role is revealed

* Ninja - ancient warrior and nemesis of the Grim Reaper. While the Defender is alive, the Ninja cannot be killed at night, but the Ninja can be lynched any time. The Ninja kills for the Innocents on odd nights except the 1st night

other roles = Oasis Traveler, Warlock, Jihadist, Atheist

* Oasis Traveler - a mysterious traveler from the desert city of Oasis that can summon djinn to protect himself/herself at night from a specific kind of killer. Genies protect against Mafia, efreeti against QAs and a phoenix protects against both the Grim Reaper and the Ninja (depending on odd/even night number)

* Warlock - the Warlock is a cruel, anti-social magician and a longtime enemy of the Quarky Agents. The Warlock can bewitch one person every day (if they PM before the day is up) and if that person is a Quarky Agent, they explode the next day. The Warlock is a semi-independent character and wins by killing ALL THREE Quarky Agents in this manner. Otherwise, the Warlock wins with the Innocents

* Jihadist - the Jihadist can kill anyone at any time in a suicide bombing (ie, both people die)

* Atheist - the Atheist is favored by the Host God Unreality. The Atheist cannot be lynched and, on the 3rd day, can convert one more person to atheism. The new atheist, in addition to their previous role, cannot be lynched either. If either atheist is lynched, they get out of the lynching via divine intervention (ironic, lol)

STRATEGY HELP:

Mafia: coordinate your abilities well, try to avoid detection, and try to figure out who the Inspector is based off of the Bomb. There's a zillion more things I could go into, the Mafia is very complex... though one more point I want to make is that you should obviously be reluctant about taking out the Bomb, but don't not consider it- the Bomb poses a very real threat to the Mafia- as both a lie detector and as a sitting explosive. If it comes down to 1 Mafioso left, there's a 1/2 chance the Bomb will take the Mafia with it to the grave. And the Bomb might be more forthcoming about what it knows because of its extra security- don't let the Bomb take advantage of your fear

QAs: a good strategy here is persistence- if someone keeps going after the same person, the other QAs should take hint and join that person, thus getting a kill and uniting the QAs. Try to figure out who the GR is and get the GR out of the way before the Illusionist dies, then kill the Sphinx. If it comes to the secondary mission, first figure out a logical reason to condemn the target before blindly accusing them

Grim Reaper: you may be invincible the first night & day, but you still don't want to be targeted, as your role is revealed (most likely). Avoid suspicion constantly, and watch and wait, trying to figure out who the Defender and Ninja are. A different, very risky strategy is to play a waiting game- don't kill (so that people think you are dead, and no GR accusations are thrown around) until the Defender is dead and you know who the Ninja is. Then strike swiftly to win the game. If the Defender isn't going to be killed, you might have to silence the Defender yourself and then kill the Ninja two nights later

Innocents: try to figure out who everyone is, and keep all the possibilities in mind. Just because someone claims to be something and nobody objects doesn't mean you should trust that person implicity- or anyone implicitly. Many Innocents lie too, and lying doesn't mean baddie. This is a game of deceit, so play your cards carefully and don't give out too much info about yourself. Don't let yourself get swayed into voting, and think about the choices and reasons involved- though sometimes it's a good idea to go with the flow. Know every perk about your role and maximize your role to the biggest possible advantage. Always be thinking of schemes. If you are a healing role, don't blindly give protection (they could be the Assassin, or any baddie trying to absorb protection from Innocents OR trying to get it to ward off enemy baddies). Discovery roles have to be the most reserved in revealing what they know (especially the Inspector) as the baddies want them dead. The Bomb should take advantage of the fact that everyone is reluctant to take you out. As for killing roles, the Defender should obviously lay low, but try to protect the Ninja from lynchings. The Ninja should exercise the right not to kill at night if he/she is unsure of who is Innocent and who isn't.

VOTING HELP:

To add your vote:

1) reply to the most updated roster

2) add a space after your name, then a dash ("-") then another space, then the words "voting for" and then another space and then someone's name, COLOR-CODED

3) if someone else has already voted for the person, use the existing color they used for the name. If you are the first person to vote for the person, make up a new color (not yellow or grey please)

Color Coding:

#) Name - voting for [color=COLOR HERE]Name[/color]

Please retain all the grey dead colors, question mark colors, lynched-people colors, etc (this isn't hard if you just Reply/Quote the next-most-updated roster that has all the colors).

Also, if a baddie has been lynched and has his/her role as red, do not use plain red as a color for voting for someone. If an Innocent has been lynched and has his/her role as blue, do not use plain blue as a color for voting for someone.

This may be all common sense, but a surprising number of people have problems with our color-coded voting system ;D

JOINING

The joining process will be slightly different than before. First, I've decided to invite the first 13 players:

1) Itachi-san

2) Frost

3) Brandonb

4) Kingofpain

5) Pw0nzd

6) Cherry Lane

7) Dawh

8) Nayana

9) Dnae

10) Scott

11) GC

12) Puzzlegirl

13) Slick

however 7 more may sign up. But don't just add your name to the list- I need to make sure you won't become an "inactive"

CONFIRMATION OF ROLES

We will only start once everyone has confirmed their role (I send PMs to each person). Then I will post the final roster of players and start off the first night :P