BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

Here i will put together sets of 2 famous figures, bands, actors/actresses, and we can discuss who in each pair is better.

Here's a few to get us started.

1. Elvis Prestly vs. The Beetles

2. Sigmund Frued vs. Dr. Phil

3. Batman vs. Spiderman

If any of you can think of others, please post them here.

Edited by giterdone

1. The beatles.

2. Frued. Dr. Phil isn't even a real Doctor and he is all about $$$ and image. I think he showed us that with the act he pulled on Britney... I, in no way approve of her behavior but she really needs mental help.

3. Batman <--- Way sexier.

1. Elvis Prestly vs. The Beetles ----that's a tie, no explanation needed

2. Sigmund Frued vs. Dr. Phil ----- Freud, inovative

3. Batman vs. Spiderman ------- Spidey

4. Beatles v Stones - - - a tie for me

5. Madona v Diana Ross - i am mad on her and the other is supreme

6. MS v Apple --- one tastes better the other has no taste

7. Catwoman v batwoman - ---- just want to see the fight- ouch!

8. Duh Puk v the rest of the world -----DP cos he's a gent

9. BrainDen v NE ridlemediddlme.com ---- BD taht's why i'm here

My go at this:

1. Elvis Prestly vs. The Beetles ---- Beetles. Elvis is corny and doesn't withstand the test of time.

2. Sigmund Frued vs. Dr. Phil ----- Freud. All I know about Dr. Phil is that he's a waste of time. Freud's not a total waste.

3. Batman vs. Spiderman ------- Batman. He's the only worthwhile super-hero who is an actual person just being bad@ss, not reliant on super powers or mutations.

4. Beatles v Stones - - - We already did Beetles in #1, but I have to go with Stones: they made more songs I like

5. Madona v Diana Ross - Madonna. She's just always been hot and awesome, though I listen to neither of them

6. MS v Apple --- Linux. If I HAD to choose then Mac, because Windows is just awful

7. Catwoman v batwoman - ---- Catwoman is hotter, so her, but both are pretty useless

8. Duh Puk v the rest of the world ----- I don't know puk and I don't know the rest of the world, so I'll decide later =)

9. BrainDen v NE ridlemediddlme.com ---- BD any day of the week

10. Star Wars v Star Trek - Wars for me, but Jar Jar is pushing me toward the center of these 2

11. Football v Football - Soccer is sweet, but I love the NFL

12. South Park v Family Guy - Both are funny, but South Park is waaaay better

13. Mario v Zelda - hmm... Mario, but wow this is the closest one here for me.

1. Elvis Presley vs. The Beatles ---- Beatles. Elvis is good for a quick spin now and then, but the Beatles just never get old.

2. Sigmund Freud vs. Dr. Phil ---- Tough call. Both are full of hot air. Freud's more innovative, but Dr. Phil seems more likable. Phil by a smidge.

3. Batman vs. Spiderman ------- Batman, for Itachi's well-stated reason.

4. Beatles v Stones --- Still prefer the Beatles.

5. Madonna v Diana Ross - Madonna

6. MS v Apple --- Apple is chic, MS is a juggernaut. I'm afraid I have to go with MS.

7. Catwoman v batwoman ---- There's a batwoman?

8. Duh Puck v the rest of the world ---- "At my best, I could never defeat that many." (Inigo - Princess Bride). Maybe Mike Ditka or Chuck Norris stand a chance, but I'm afraid "the rest of the world" wins this one. :lol:

9. BrainDen v NE ridlemediddlme.com ---- BD, naturally. Easiest battle so far.

10. Star Wars v Star Trek ---- Trek. I'm a nerd, and I'm ok with that.

11. Football v Football ---- NFL all the way. We are clearly meant to use our hands. Go Packers!

12. South Park v Family Guy ---- Family Guy is ok, but it wins by default because I haven't watched SP.

13. Mario v Zelda ---- Luigi

1. Elvis Presley vs. The Beatles ---- Never been a big fan of the Beatles, sorry.

2. Sigmund Freud vs. Dr. Phil ---- Freud banked by making new and original theories. Phil banked by making other people's theories fit. Gotta go with innovation.

3. Batman vs. Spiderman ------- I just love Spiderman.

4. Beatles v Stones --- Don't care

5. Madonna v Diana Ross - Once again, Don't care

6. MS v Apple --- The MS "big brother" may be monitoring this, for the safety of my family I'll say MS

7. Catwoman v batwoman ---- "There's a batwoman?" - yeah, no kidding, I never heard of her either. I thought it was BatGirl

8. Duh Puck v the rest of the world ---- I dunno about the world, but he took me out in the battle... props

9. BrainDen v NE ridlemediddlme.com ---- BrainDen

10. Star Wars v Star Trek ---- Trek when I was younger, then I learned the folly of my ways :P

11. Football v Football ---- I just don't like soccer.

12. South Park v Family Guy ---- FG is soooo funny and random. But SP is so creative and keeps up to date with current events. Gotta give it to SP

13. Mario v Zelda ---- Oh, it really depends on the system. Ocarina of Time beats Mario 64, but Mario 3 beat any Zelda on NES. I have yet to try Zelda on Wii.

14. 360 v Wii ---- Wii, it's amazing

15. Jessica Alba v Jessica Biel ---- Biel dressed as catwoman (Chuck&Larry)

16. Pool(billiards) v Bowling ---- Pool in real life, Bowling if on the Wii :P

17. LOST v Heroes ---- I once was lost, but now I've found Heroes.

The list grew! So im gunna do it again!

1. Elvis Presley vs. The Beatles: Beatles... When im 64!

2. Sigmund Freud vs. Dr. Phil: Grrr @ Dr.Phil.

3. Batman vs. Spiderman- Batman (Damn sexy)

4. Beatles v Stones: sigh..... The Beatles.... NO the Stones..... NO THE BEATLES..... >_> This one is too hard.

5. Madonna v Diana Ross: This is a hard one too..... Madonna

6. MS v Apple: MS

7. Catwoman v batwoman: Catwoman.

8. Duh Puck v the rest of the world: The rest of the world

9. BrainDen v NE ridlemediddlme.com: BD

10. Star Wars v Star Trek: Star Wars

11. Football v Football: Baseball :)

12. South Park v Family Guy: Family Guy

13. Mario v Zelda: Mario....

14. 360 v Wii: 360 Halo

15. Jessica Alba v Jessica Biel: Alba... She is hot.... I would change my lifestyle for her.

16. Pool(billiards) v Bowling: Pool

17. LOST v Heroes: I dont watch either ><

1. Elvis Presley vs. The Beatles: The Beatles . Haven't heard Elvis Presley.(Is he the one called King? I really don't know.)

2. Sigmund Freud vs. Dr. Phil: Sigmund Freud . Old is gold.

3. Batman vs. Spiderman : Go spidey . You are right Fraz, he is damn sexy and has had a hell of a lot of affairs . Rank bad boy. :P Spidey's a decent chap and is more dependable due to his Spider's instinct.

4. Beatles v Stones: Again The Beatles . Haven't heard The Stones .You are right , I don't listen to music . Books and cricket are music to me. ;)

5. Madonna v Diana Ross: Madonna . I have not heard or seen Diana Ross . But I have seen Madonna and she is attractive.

7. Catwoman v batwoman: Batwoman.Simply because catwoman is said to be batman's true love.

8. Duh Puck v the rest of the world: DP. The rest of the world would not make a great team . I bet Puck would win hands down. :P

9. BrainDen v NE ridlemediddlme.com: The den. I love the brain of the den. :lol:

10. Star Wars v Star Trek: Star wars. Heard it's awesome , but I have not seen it . Not a film buff either.

11. Football v Football: Left with no choice here . So football. I don't see football either . My only love in sports is cricket.

12. South Park v Family Guy: I don't know what these are. So I will make no choice.

13. Mario v Zelda: Mario. I love mario.

14. 360 v Wii: Not played either. :P

15. Jessica Alba v Jessica Biel: Alba. Going by what's brandon saying I am going :lol: for Alba.

16. Pool(billiards) v Bowling: Bowling. Love playing it online and moreover bowling is a cricketing term. :P

17. LOST v Heroes: Again I am not in US.

18. LOST Vs. prisonbreak : Same as above.

Some of mine:

19.Hercule Poirot v Sherlock Holmes : Hercule Poirot . Sherlock Holmes is the greatest sleuth , but not practically plausible , i.e without any technological tools. Hercule poirot Poirot is more realistic and dramatic. :P

20.Hercule Poirot v Miss Marple : Miss Marple. I love the old spinster and she is a great judge of character.

I know most of you don't love cricket , but anyway I will post one.

21.Don Bradman v Sachin Tendulkar : Sachin Tendulkar. Unarguably the best . No other player can survive as a great cricketer for a long period , as Sachin has in my country . :D

Edited by grey cells

Hmmm.........lets see...

1.The beatles

2.Dunno

3.Spiderman

4.Beatles

5.Dunno

6.Dunno

7.Batwoman

8.WORLD(the world includes me) :P

9.Brainden

10.THE WARS(Hey, im 11, what do you expect)

11.Football

12.Dunno

13.Hmmmm.. pretty hard, but since i got brawl, Zelda

14.WIII

15.Dunno

16.Bowling

17.Dunno

18.Dunno

19.Holmes

20.Dunno

21.Go Sachin, wasn't his birthday a few days ago? ( question to indians)(i saw that on the hindi news)

Edited by abhisk

It definitely was. His 35th , 2 days ago . He looks good for atleast another 3 with the Indian cricket team. :lol:

I disagree...he isn't fit nowadays...isn't playing for the mumbai indians <_< <_< I am cheering for the team....he should come back soon else there is no chance that Mumbai Indians will win the league also taking into consideration the recent controversy regarding bhajji...He should captain the team else.... -_-

1. Elvis Presley vs. The Beatles: neither.

2. Sigmund Freud vs. Dr. Phil : hhmm...Freud

3. Batman vs. Spiderman : Spiderman.

4. Beatles v Stones: neither.

5. Madonna v Diana Ross: Madonna . Who is Diana Ross :huh:

7. Catwoman v batwoman: neither.

8. Duh Puck v the rest of the world: no comments :P

9. BrainDen v NE ridlemediddlme.com: Brainden definitely.

10. Star Wars v Star Trek: Star wars. have heard about them. haven't seen though.

11. Football v Football: Can I say CRICKET CRICKET CRICKET!! B))

12. South Park v Family Guy: haven't seen.

13. Mario v Zelda: Mario.

14. 360 v Wii: Not played either.

15. Jessica Alba v Jessica Biel: Alba.

16. Pool(billiards) v Bowling: Both...Have played the computer games ^_^

17. LOST v Heroes: have heard a lot about them but haven't seen.

18. LOST Vs. prisonbreak : Same as above. My brother though has seen two seasons of Prisonbreak...he actually downloaded them and has strongly recommended for me to see the series.

19.Hercule Poirot v Sherlock Holmes : neither. Not interested in detective stories.

20.Hercule Poirot v Miss Marple : neither again.

21.Don Bradman v Sachin Tendulkar : a difficult one...both are the best...but since I am a Mumbaikar and a Maharashtrian(Sachin too is) i will say Sachin :)

now adding some more..

22. Football v Cricket : CRICKET :D

23 Brett Lee v Shoiab Akhtar : anytime Brett Lee...apart from being a great bowler(fast-paced,and toooo handsome) he is a nice human-being :blush:

24 Linkin Park v any other band : Linkin park...the band is awesome...I love the lyrics and the music.

25 Tom Cruise v Brad Pitt : very difficult...it is a tie ^_^

Edited by Nayana

I disagree...he isn't fit nowadays...isn't playing for the mumbai indians <_< <_< I am cheering for the team....he should come back soon else there is no chance that Mumbai Indians will win the league also taking into consideration the recent controversy regarding bhajji...He should captain the team else.... -_-

You must have missed Sachin's statement that he will happy to be a part of the 2011 world cup winning team. :lol:

And I am not a great fan of IPL , so I have no comment on this one . In fact I am boycotting IPL.

Here i will put together sets of 2 famous figures, bands, actors/actresses, and we can discuss who in each pair is better.

Here's a few to get us started.

1. Elvis Prestly vs. The Beetles

2. Sigmund Frued vs. Dr. Phil

3. Batman vs. Spiderman

If any of you can think of others, please post them here.

Speed Racer V.S. Magilla Gorilla Stupid ape was not very exciting Edited by akaslickster

You must have missed Sachin's statement that he will happy to be a part of the 2011 world cup winning team. :lol:

And I am not a great fan of IPL , so I have no comment on this one . In fact I am boycotting IPL.

I didn't miss that statement <_< ok..forget IPL...In my opinion he should retire soon and I don't think he should play in the next world cup...by that time he would be 38 and his place should be taken by some youngster...I had nothing against Sachin earlier but suddenly I have started to dislike him...He is injured...isn't recovering...has lost the earlier charm in his play...I know he has many records to his name but past is past....I am of the strong opinion that he should retire and give way to many youngsters....Infact most of the senior players like sachin,dravid,ganguly should retire :)

I'm sorry, I have two albums from Elvis and none from the Beetles, but the Beetles are at least ten times better.

I hate Dr. Phil

Batman FOREVER! lol. He is so sexy and amazing. Spiderman's great but Batman is the DARK NIGHT!!!!

Elvis Presley vs. The Beatles: I love Elvis, but Beetles are better.

2. Sigmund Freud vs. Dr. Phil: idk but I don’t like Dr. Phil

3. Batman vs. Spiderman- Batman (Dark Knight, damn sexy, my love [i wish])

4. Beatles v Stones: THE BEETLES

5. Madonna v Diana Ross: No

6. MS v Apple: what

7. Catwoman v batwoman: CATWOMAN TENFOLD

8. Duh Puck v the rest of the world: The rest of the world. Sorry d p.

9. BrainDen v NE ridlemediddlme.com: Brain Den duh.

10. Star Wars v Star Trek: Star Wars

11. Football v Football: European futball

12. South Park v Family Guy: Neither.

13. Mario v Zelda: Mario

14. 360 v Wii: NEITHER YUCK

15. Jessica Alba v Jessica Biel: um

16. Pool(billiards) v Bowling: bowling

17. LOST v Heroes: heroes

18. Spongebob v Patrick: Patrick

19. Wondering v Knowing: Wondering

20. Night v Day: Night

I didn't miss that statement <_< ok..forget IPL...In my opinion he should retire soon and I don't think he should play in the next world cup...by that time he would be 38 and his place should be taken by some youngster...I had nothing against Sachin earlier but suddenly I have started to dislike him...He is injured...isn't recovering...has lost the earlier charm in his play...I know he has many records to his name but past is past....I am of the strong opinion that he should retire and give way to many youngsters....Infact most of the senior players like sachin,dravid,ganguly should retire :)

What? Say it again , I can't believe you! :huh: Sachin shouldn't play in the next world cup? Then I think India better not participate in that world cup.

OK , maybe that's a bit of exaggeration . But seriously we need Sachin in the team . And for all he's done for the team , he deserves to be a part of the world cup winning team. And nobody can dislike sachin . You have only one choice here : Like him. ;)

And as to him losing his charm with the bat , who was the one responsible for India winning in the recently completed CB Tri-series? :P

But I totally agree about dada and Dravid retiring. :lol:

I know that I'm just a stupid american who doesn't know anything, but What the hell is cricket?

Hahaha, it's funny, but I don't know either

seriously, my understanding of cricket is that it is like baseball except instead of swinging a bat you swing a boat oar, and instead of pitching a baseball they bounce a small tennis ball.

Ah, apparently I was a little off. :wacko: watch the video here on wikipedia.

Edited by Brandonb

Hahaha, it's funny, but I don't know either

seriously, my understanding of cricket is that it is like baseball except instead of swinging a bat you swing a boat oar, and instead of pitching a baseball they bounce a small tennis ball.

Ah, apparently I was a little off. :wacko: watch the video here on wikipedia.

That was a good link for newcomers to cricket , Brandon. But I bet ya that if you guys see the IPL(Indian Premier League) matches taking place now , you will become a die-hard fan of cricket. :P

But I personally am in favour of the more conventional formats : ODI's and test cricket. :lol: