BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Which clock would you prefer?

BMAD

Question

6 answers to this question

A mathematician / logician / perfectionist should choose the first.

Being an engineer, I prefer the second.

hmm... Being a mathematician, logician and a perfectionist (all-in-one), I disagree  :P

I'm thinking that your answer was prompted by the fact that first clock will show the correct time twice a day while the second will be correct only once in about 2 years. However, the second clock can still be used to tell time (as long as you know today's date and the last date/time is was correct). The first clock can only be used if you need something heavy or as a decor if it still looks nice despite being broken.

Or maybe I'm just being an engineer...  ;)

Take the hands off of the second clock and replace them with a set of corrective gears, put a new clock face cover over the old one, and then tack the hands onto the new gears. The clock should look and behave as though it is fixed.

hmm... Being a mathematician, logician and a perfectionist (all-in-one), I disagree  :P

I'm thinking that your answer was prompted by the fact that first clock will show the correct time twice a day while the second will be correct only once in about 2 years. However, the second clock can still be used to tell time (as long as you know today's date and the last date/time is was correct). The first clock can only be used if you need something heavy or as a decor if it still looks nice despite being broken.

Or maybe I'm just being an engineer...  ;)