BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Rollo

unreality

Hmm, I think i know the word but I don't particularly want to be the next wordmaster because I won't be online again until next Monday.

BULBS - If that is correct then someone else please feel free to host a game over the weekend.

Hmm, I think i know the word but I don't particularly want to be the next wordmaster because I won't be online again until next Monday.

BULBS - If that is correct then someone else please feel free to host a game over the weekend.

It's correct. :thumbsup:

SHELL - 0

BEGIN - 1

AEGIS - 1

BEGUN - 1

BUGLE - 2

BELLE - 2

BULBS - 5

+30 Maquis

+6 Araver

Glycereine - 757

plainglazed - 615

Cherry Lane - 532

maurice - 418

Izzy - 386

Vineetrika - 384

Unreality - 284

Maquis - 247

dawh - 194

t8t8t8 - 190

NickFleming- 180

Framm - 177

golfjunkie - 170

araver - 160

woon - 141

Fabpig - 111

JarZe - 96

Blablah99 - 89

Harvey45 - 77

MollyMae - 46

Hirkala - 36

yuiop - 21

Abhisk - 20

PVRoot - 20

Filly - 19

Prince Marth - 15

DudleyDude - 15

phaze - 15

Kac_cotu - 5

Then, I'll restart a new one, ok?

_ _ _ _ _

Edited by araver

Great! Thanks for filling in araver.

Have a good weekend all....i guess you'll have to wait until Monday to find out what's on my desk.

let's start off with LIGHT (if by some strange twist of fate that's correct, just silently pick a new word)

Great! Thanks for filling in araver.

Have a good weekend all....i guess you'll have to wait until Monday to find out what's on my desk.

let's start off with LIGHT (if by some strange twist of fate that's correct, just silently pick a new word)

You're welcome. Good weekend, and don't change your desk till Monday.

No, LIGHT's not right, but thanks for the tip :P

_ _ _ _ _

LIGHT - 0

thanks for the tip? must be a clue

WAITS

Tip = if someone just guesses the word from the first try you can change it silently and no one will now better :D

_ _ _ _ _

LIGHT - 0

WAITS - 0

PAUSE - 0

EDIT: Didn't see the other one.

Edited by araver

Good job Maquis...I managed to prove the letters BUL_S and I wrote up the post, but in the time it took me to write it, you did the sensible thing and simply posted the only word I can think of that fits. :duh:

Must be B U L _ S

Let the madness begin... :o

We know that it cannot be ---I- or ---U- because BEGIN and BEGUN have the same value and the only difference is the I/U.

The E in BEGIN cannot be right since that means that the B and G in BUGLE would be wrong from BEGIN, the L is wrong from SHELL and the U is wrong because the E is right. That leaves only the E at the end, but BUGLE needs 2 letters to be right.

If the G in BEGIN is right, the BE in BELLE would be wrong because of BEGIN and the L would be wrong because of the G. The second L is wrong because of SHELL. That leaves only the last E and that is again not enough correct letters.

BEGIN and AEGIS both have 1. Since we know that all of EGI are wrong, then it must be B---S or A---N to cover the 1 in both, since the B/A and N/S cannot be right at the same time. If A---N is right, then two of the UGL in BUGLE would have to be correct, but we know from the above that GL is wrong, so that would only leave the U. So A---N is wrong to.

That leaves B---S which must be right.

Knowing that B---S is right, we need a second letter from both BUGLE and BELLE, but it can't be the E at the end since the S is correct. The L is again out since SHELL is 0. We also know that the E in BELLE must be wrong from the above and that the G in BUGLE must be wrong too. That leaves only the U in BUGLE and the L in BELLE which could be right in each case in addition to the B.

Thus, it must be B U L _ S.

For the new word:

BRING

Proof was correct and very nice (I learned something from it).

So:

+6 dawh

-6 araver

Glycereine - 757

plainglazed - 615

Cherry Lane - 532

maurice - 418

Izzy - 386

Vineetrika - 384

Unreality - 284

Maquis - 247

dawh - 200

t8t8t8 - 190

NickFleming- 180

Framm - 177

golfjunkie - 170

araver - 154

woon - 141

Fabpig - 111

JarZe - 96

Blablah99 - 89

Harvey45 - 77

MollyMae - 46

Hirkala - 36

yuiop - 21

Abhisk - 20

PVRoot - 20

Filly - 19

Prince Marth - 15

DudleyDude - 15

phaze - 15

Kac_cotu - 5

Proof was correct and very nice (I learned something from it).

So:

+6 dawh

-6 araver

Thanks. :) If you wanted to comb through some of the earlier words on this thread, there are probably some other tricky proofs that I've done. B)) I'm not always good at guessing, but if there's something that I can prove, I'm usually pretty good at finding it (even if it's extraordinarily convoluted :wacko: ).

And, with an apology to NickFleming:

AORTA :P

Thanks. :) If you wanted to comb through some of the earlier words on this thread, there are probably some other tricky proofs that I've done. B)) I'm not always good at guessing, but if there's something that I can prove, I'm usually pretty good at finding it (even if it's extraordinarily convoluted :wacko: ).

Yes, Izzy mentioned these skills to me in maFBIa and I've also seen you on CtC challenges as well.

_ _ _ _ _

LIGHT - 0

WAITS - 0

PAUSE - 0

BRING - 0

STALL - 0

CLEAN - 0

DELAY - 0

AORTA - 0