Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

If you are honest...

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#81 balletgirl212

balletgirl212

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 03:29 AM

Shouldn't it be "are you dead?"??? Because you can't possibly answer that with a yes if you are dead! But you could say yes in your sleep...

#82 Janesia

Janesia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 03:31 AM

Are you a liar?

#83 Hellgate-London

Hellgate-London

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 07:16 PM

My question would be:

Are you honest?

Because if I said no, then I could be telling the truth or lying and saying I am honest (and the same if I said yes!)

#84 crazypainter

crazypainter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2497 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 02:36 AM

Spoiler for are you

#85 Hellgate-London

Hellgate-London

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 06:14 PM

Spoiler for are you

eh, depends how I'm feeling :D :rolleyes:

#86 PaulltheWall

PaulltheWall

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 12:11 AM

If you are posed a question that does not have a yes or no answer, is it necessarily dishonest to answer with a yes?

Secondly, is an honest person strictly limited to telling the truth. I consider myself a generally honest person, but that does not mean I never have told a lie.

#87 the_thinker

the_thinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 12:50 AM

If you are an honest person, what is one question you cannot answer with a "Yes" ?

FYI, please post something with a HARDER answer.
Spoiler for The answer is easily
However, I realize that I might not understand your concept here. Please let me know if I am missing something. Otherwise, this is no riddle.

#88 fabpig

fabpig

Prominent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2423 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 01:30 AM

FYI, please post something with a HARDER answer.

Spoiler for The answer is easily
However, I realize that I might not understand your concept here. Please let me know if I am missing something. Otherwise, this is no riddle.

Hi mr _thinker... (may I call you 'the ' :))? welcome to the Den! What tends to happen is that questions that don't 'grab you' after a while get a) forgotten b) ignored. This one is a couple of years old and the person who set it is probably long gone. Don't let that deter you....have a look at the more recent puzzles. There are some brilliant question setters in here.

You must not think me necessarily foolish because I am facetious,  nor will I consider you necessarily wise because you are grave.  Sydney Smith.

#89 Shortdude3000

Shortdude3000

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 11:25 PM

If you are an honest person, what is one question you cannot answer with a "Yes" ?

This one.

Although, technically, being honest doesn't mean that you cannot say the wrong answer unintentionally, or make up a stupid answer without the intention of properly answering the question.

Those are my simple and more tricky understandings, which are both right, I hope :)

#90 Singerbear

Singerbear

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 01:33 AM

How about "How do you spell NO?", "How many roads must a man walk down before he becomes a man?", or "Do you really truly understand women?"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users