BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Mafia V Signups

unreality

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to be picky or anything UR, but didn't you say something about "perfecting the rules" and make them very clear/specific for Mafia V, or am I just hearing/reading the voices again? :P:lol:

Not to be picky or anything UR, but didn't you say something about "perfecting the rules" and make them very clear/specific for Mafia V, or am I just hearing/reading the voices again? :P:lol:

no just about making them balanced... I left out/assumed stuff based on previous games. Mafia VI won't be like that. Just cuz something was like something in a previous game doens't mean anything- everything will be in the rules for Mafia VI

haha :lol:
Just trying to get rid of the stupid stuff like twinkies.

If it was funny then off to jokes..

I wanted to have everyone pick a number that cooresponds to a role. I also hope that arguments outside of the game will remain in a chat room only. I think the story is going well but, not everything seemingly. I also don't pick up on some of this lingo. I need sleep too. B))B))B))

Edited by akaslickster

I said I post this comment about UR here so as not to clutter the Mafia discussion:

I agree with KOP's comment that the Spy is probably stronger than Brandonb stated, but realistically, what's the largest number of night/day cycles we've had in any Mafia game so far? Maybe it reached the fourth night? I can't remember and don't feel like going to check right now. As such, most roles with every other day abilities are kind of limited. It's okay for mafia and QAs and such since they also get to kill every night, but with Innocents there's no guarantee you'll make it to the next chance you can to use it. What I mean is that if you have an alternating day ability, you probably want to use it the first day, where it's really hard to make effective use of it since there is so little definitive information to go on. If you wait, you may not be alive on the Second day to use it and if you wait till the Second day, you might not make it to the Fourth day to use it again (or some uberplayer may finish the game prematurely before that point. :PB)) ) So I can understand why UR wanted to beef up the Spy for Mafia V. You get one use of the ability, maybe two, and three in some extreme cases. With around 20 players, that doesn't let you do all that much. So whatever happens to the Spy for the rest of Mafia V (I have no strong opinion on the matter,) I think maybe the Spy should go back to the [Mafia] discussion/drawing board before the next game starts so that we can try to iron out these and other wrinkles.

[vent]

I have to vent a little, so I'm trying to be good and do it here in the signup thread, not in the main M-V thread :D

What's with killing of Nayana and not Mekal? This makes no sense to me.

First: what LIS said. He's been patiently waiting and reading and keeping up, for the possible chance of being able to take over a role. He should have had that opportunity before anyone was killed off for inactiveness.

Second: why Nayana and not Mekal? I must have missed where we knew Mekal would be abesnt. Taliesin was back, and posted, so if someone knew Mekal was absent the role should have gone back to taliesin, not left to languish. And then Mekal comes back posting random stuff (like a map) in the thread, saying he's bored. Mekal, if you were bored, you should have participated in the day vote!

[/vent]

Edited by Cherry Lane

good points. 2D said that we know Mekal was gone so I guess I trusted him, but when you bring it up I don't recall ever knowing that

it would be a simple matter to put Nayana (or LIS) back in the game, if Frost wants to (edit: other than the role reveal)

Edited by unreality