Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

BRIAN DENNIS: WARM-UP

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#51 phaze

phaze

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1002 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:06 PM

Can we go somewhere else and ask ask EMILY HOWARD about superstitions relating to the suit of armour?

Perfecting Mafia suicide since August 2008

#52 MissKitten

MissKitten

Merthur <3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2185 posts
  • Location:At my computer, or maybe writing fanfiction, and losing my sanity and innocence

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:56 PM

@Aar A watch was found in the suit of armor. I think it belongs to Mr. Green, though I can't remember for sure. We don't know what it was doing in the armor, so we're trying to figure out what it's relevance to the murder is.

Chocolate is proof that God wanted us to be happy.

So you want a fight with intent to kill? Then come fight me! It's here in my bow, that intent to kill you love so much! ~ Uryu Ishida

... ~ Nova-kun

Society needs to learn how to adapt, or humanity is screwed. ~ MiKi, aka MissKitten, aka myself

#53 Cavenglok

Cavenglok

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:43 AM

@phaze The room is a neutral, concrete and completely theoretical room that probably wouldn't exist. No one else is in the room with you. The suit has already been dusted for prints, but there was nothing positive. Even if there was that much rust, the police say that they would usually find something.

INTERROGATION: HOWARD (we haven't moved. We are in a hypothetical neutral room. Give me a specific room to move to.)

YOU: What superstitions are there concerning the suit of armor?

HOWARD: I don't know, sir. I remember Mr. Wellesley was very fond of it. He seemed to force it on himself.

@Aaryan Okay, I think this is right. If time hasn't passed at all since you've arrived, (again, hypothetical and also easier for my wee little brain to handle) then the watch says 10:53. Mrs. Wellesley identified it as Mr. Green's. 

Anything else?

Anyone who wants to join, or if you're looking for a certain piece of evidence, here's a link to a list of evidence. Thanks, Aaryan!

http://brainden.com/...rm-up/?p=327768

#54 Aaryan

Aaryan

Superior Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1966 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:46 PM

Any polygraph for that last interrogation?

I think I was a little misunderstood about the watch. I was just wondering what kind of evidence we have as to who it belonged to; the left/right hands of each person.But I've got it now.

Back in Business. 

Are you intelligent? Of course you are. Do you love mind games? Of course you do? Join a Trainer's Manual Mafia in the Games today (well, once one opens up).

#55 phaze

phaze

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1002 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:56 PM

Hmm, I was trying to see what EMILY HOWARD was so nervous about (and hence failing lie detector test)

Try using a bottle of scotch (for her, not you! you need your wits about you) and then try the polygraph again

Where were you at 10am?

What was the weather like outside at 10am? (control question)

Where do you think Mr Green was at 10am?

Where do you think Mrs Wellesley was at 10am?

Where do you think Mr Kaufman was at 10am?

Have you seen the rare orchid that Mr Wellesley kept in the study?  (Assuming that there is no such thing in Mr Greens study,  take note of any surprised reaction or pause)

What time is it?

Examine all the suspects hands (looking for rust), also search the house for any unusual rust discoloured items.

Edited by phaze, 28 January 2013 - 09:58 PM.

Perfecting Mafia suicide since August 2008

#56 flamebirde

flamebirde

the guy who lurks in the corners, posting useless stuff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1344 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:28 AM

Are we allowed to give people we are interrogating alcohol? :blink:

EDIT: Ms. Howard isn't exactly a suspect, is she...?

Edited by flamebirde, 29 January 2013 - 05:29 AM.

Mafiosos and mafiosas of the world, unite! And then kill each other in a particularly tricky move that everyone suspects but never anticipates.

stand back. I'm going to apply logic.

Come join the battle against the Chromatic Witch! http://brainden.com/...nly-eat-orange/

The Coup of Rhotus still needs players!End the 2 year sign up phase! http://brainden.com/...-mafia-signups/

#57 Aaryan

Aaryan

Superior Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1966 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:52 PM

Are we allowed to give people we are interrogating alcohol? :blink:

EDIT: Ms. Howard isn't exactly a suspect, is she...?

No, but her evidence is important.

Can someone PLEASE bring in the reporter? Seriously.

Back in Business. 

Are you intelligent? Of course you are. Do you love mind games? Of course you do? Join a Trainer's Manual Mafia in the Games today (well, once one opens up).

#58 Morningstar

Morningstar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:13 PM

Howard is another maid, right? If so, she's probably just nervous about being interrogated. Just my input.

The cake is a lie.

#59 Cavenglok

Cavenglok

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:24 PM

Oops, sorry about that. Was tired, but now I'm in my proper senses.

INTERROGATION: HOWARD

You give her the scotch. She drinks. A lot.

YOU: What superstitions are there concerning the suit of armor?

HOWARD: I don't know, shir. I remember Mr. Welleshley wush very fond of it. He sheemed to forshe himshelf to like it.

TRUE.

YOU: (I'm presuming you meant 10 PM) What was the weather like at 10 PM? (by the way, it was a cold day)

HOWARD: Ooh, nice and breeshy. Kinda chilly, if you ask me.

TRUE.

YOU: Where were you at 10 PM?

HOWARD: I wush in the kitchen, cooking, you know, for the missush.

TRUE.

YOU: Where was Mr. Green at 10 PM?

HOWARD: Oh, I dunno, probably shomewhere sherving drinks or whatever butlersh do. Oh, never mind, he came in here! He wush telling me not to drink. (looks at scotch) Oopsh.

TRUE.

YOU: Where was Mrs. Wellesley at 10 PM?

HOWARD: The missush wush off danshing or pranshing or whatever. I remember her telling me not to let anyone come to the trophy room. Mishtur Welleshley was very fond of that room, you know.

TRUE.

YOU: Where was Mr. Kaufman?

HOWARD: Oh, partying with his friendsh, I shupposhe. I didn't shee him.

TRUE.

YOU: Have you seen the rare orchid in Mr. Wellesley's study?

HOWARD: Rare orchid? (frowns, then tilts her head) I don't know what you mean, shir.

TRUE.

YOU: What time is it?

HOWARD: Oh, sheven, eight. Nine. Eight thirty? Shomething like that. 

TRUE.

YOU: You seem really relaxed tonight, Ms. Howard.

Howard collapses and starts snoring on the table. Maybe you gave her too much scotch.

You observe her hands. No rust.

You should probably let her sleep it off. And hope she doesn't report you the next morning.

Edited by Cavenglok, 29 January 2013 - 06:26 PM.

Anyone who wants to join, or if you're looking for a certain piece of evidence, here's a link to a list of evidence. Thanks, Aaryan!

#60 Cavenglok

Cavenglok

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:40 PM

REVIEW: (it's for me, too. Correct me on anything I got wrong.)

MARY WELLESLEY:

There was mention of an unhappy marriage. She was courted by both John Wellesley and Michael Kaufman when they were younger. She says she was in the kitchen at 10:00 PM. Emily Howard, a maid, initially said she was in the kitchen as well very nervously. When inebriated, she confessed she was not there, and mentioned a remark about the trophy room. Mr. Green said she was not in the kitchen. She knows about Mr. Wellesley's nightmares about the suit of armor. She was allowed to enter the trophy room.

ARTHUR GREEN:

He lost a watch, and for some reason wears another one on his left wrist, though he is left-handed. He has tan lines on his right wrist. Mrs. Wellesley claims that the watch found in the suit of armor is Mr. Green's. He claims to have been in the kitchen at the time of death. Howard nervously said that he was present in the kitchen. Mrs. Wellesley claims that Mr. Green was in the kitchen, alongside her. According to Mrs. Wellesley, he knows about Mr. Wellesley's nightmares about the suit of armor. Mr. Green claims that Mr. Wellesley wouldn't let him in the trophy room, but Mrs. Wellesley tells you otherwise.

MICHAEL KAUFMAN:

According to Howard, he was in the ballroom at the time of death. He and Mr. Wellesley were financial rivals. Mr. Kaufman lost a lot of money due to Mr. Wellesley suing him.

EMILY HOWARD:

She was very nervous initially, but talked after getting drunk, which she claims Mr. Green instructed her not to do. She was at the kitchen. According to her, Mrs. Wellesley was not in the kitchen and Mr. Green was present. She is currently passed out in your interrogation room.

RICK WAYNE:

Literally nothing to catch up on. Wanna ask him anything?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users