Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

The Chromatic Witch, Ep 2: The Power of Green

• Please log in to reply
163 replies to this topic

#71 Aaryan

Aaryan

Superior Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1966 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 09:13 PM

Where would Green Arrow fit? The part about the "nest" seems to say Hornet. Also, interesting bit about the numbers. But what does it mean...?

Back in Business. 

Are you intelligent? Of course you are. Do you love mind games? Of course you do? Join a Trainer's Manual Mafia in the Games today (well, once one opens up).

#72 fabpig

fabpig

Prominent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2423 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 09:22 PM

Nice going, Vist. The only reason I skipped over Lantern for #2 is that the GL oath is quoted at the start of the episode. There are a couple of things that confuse : "not be on this day" - there are "lantern day" celebrations in various parts of the world: and "ducks needn't be in a row" (sounds a bit like "arrow") Duck is also nickname/bingo name for "2" . I won't ask how you happen to know 23^5..... :P

Aar, I think you're looking at #4

Edited by fabpig, 11 August 2012 - 09:27 PM.

You must not think me necessarily foolish because I am facetious,  nor will I consider you necessarily wise because you are grave.  Sydney Smith.

#73 Aaryan

Aaryan

Superior Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1966 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 09:29 PM

Ah, yeah, nice catch fabby.
Ok, so basically we're only looking for #1.

Stanza 2)Green Arrow
Stanza 3)Green Goblin
Stanza 3)Green Hornet

I noticed they all have the same amount of letters in them. Maybe the second name is only 6 letters too?

Edit: Wait, Arrow has 5. But still, thinking along those lines is worth a shot.

Edited by Aaryan, 11 August 2012 - 09:31 PM.

Back in Business. 

Are you intelligent? Of course you are. Do you love mind games? Of course you do? Join a Trainer's Manual Mafia in the Games today (well, once one opens up).

#74 vistaptb

vistaptb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 11:13 PM

Maybe this has to do with the heroes' alter egos? The Green Arrow is Oliver Queen, and it's hinted at in the first stanza. Norman Osborn has 12 letters (a base for one of the exponents), and Britt Reid has 9. However, Oliver Queen has 11 letters, and none of the numbers given is 11 raised to the power of anything.

#75 Aaryan

Aaryan

Superior Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1966 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 05:47 PM

Tell me, is there any "green" superhero/villain that has to do with chemicals in some way?

Back in Business. 

#76 Yoruichi-san

Yoruichi-san

"That Woman"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3283 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 09:19 PM

The agents were making good progress towards finding the keys, but Orin felt something wasn't quite right. We're missing something, he thought, frowning.

Suddenly he heard a chuckle from behind him. He turned and saw the leprechaun, peaking out from behind a bush. It winked at him.

"Part correct but you must admit,
Some of the lines just don't fit!
What you think is one clue,
Might actually be two,
Read to the letter what is writ."

Women are definitely stronger. We are [Fe]males, after all...

Some of what makes me me is real, some of what makes me me is imaginary...I guess I'm just complex. ;P

<3 BBC's Sherlock, the series and the man. "Smart is the new sexy."

Chromatic Witch links now on my 'About Me' page!  Episode 3 is finally here!

When life hands me lemons, I make invisible ink.

#77 bord

bord

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 04:52 PM

I think that the interpretation of stanzas 3 & 4 are correct and the alter egos are the bases for the numbers.

With the clue, stanza 2 could refer to the partnership of the Green Arrow and Green Lantern. If this is the case then you have their alter egos of Oliver Queen (11) and Harold Jordan (12). That would make the final base 23.

Edited by bord, 14 August 2012 - 04:56 PM.

#78 vistaptb

vistaptb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 08:25 PM

That's impressive, but it still doesn't explain the first two lines of the last two stanzas. It seems to me that the first two lines of each stanza are describing something else, maybe a character trait. Then, I'm guessing that we probably add those letters to those of each superhero. I can't think of anything that would fit any of those clues, though.

#79 fabpig

fabpig

Prominent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2423 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 01:01 AM

I can't tie it in with the number clues, but could it be the 1st 2 lines of stanzas 2-4 are prefixes of "GREEN" and possibly unrelated to lines 3 & 4? eg . stanza 3 could be METHYL green which is used to track DNA. Things seem to have come to a bit of a halt, so I'm suggesting it on the off-chance that it may set someone's thought process in the right direction.

You must not think me necessarily foolish because I am facetious,  nor will I consider you necessarily wise because you are grave.  Sydney Smith.

#80 DudleyDude

DudleyDude

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1823 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 01:24 AM

I've pretty much hit a wall on this one. The way I've been looking at the poem so for is that the first stanza sort of give directions. I think the "Get in position..." line somehow refers to the first 2 lines of each stanze while the "And take it to..." line refers to the last 2 lines of each stanza. So I think each stanza should somehow correspond to a number raised to the power of a 2nd number (x^y) and that will equal one of the 6 available numbers for us to choose. I think we have the word answers for each of the last lines in each stanza, but I haven't found a way to map those to the available numbers.

Also, if the above is at all right then it might help to look at the available numbers in terms of x^y. They are:
23^5
12^5
18^4
3^10
14^4
5^6

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users