Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Newbie Mafia

• Please log in to reply
1131 replies to this topic

#1091 Auramyna

Auramyna

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 08:16 AM

Hey guys,

I'll get to PMing people on the roster to make sure they're still free.  I'm still free to host so if Brainy is available in several days, we can aim for starting then.

We are accepting anyone of any skill level.  It's less of a newbie game and more of a "let's get some mafia games going and advertise to people who haven't played" game, along with a "Trainer manual host game"  for our good pal Brainy.  So anyone from brand new to played for years can join.

Anyone on the roster who would like a mentor, please PM me.  I don't care what skill level you are, you can have a mentor if you want. :P  A mentor is someone who has a good understanding of the rules of mafia and can give you a bit of extra pointers.  They will correspond with you throughout the game.  We all need a mentor now and then... :help:

Any questions, please post here or PM me and/or Brainy.  If anyone knows a BrainDener who might enjoy mafia, please send them an invite.

Thanks,

Aura

Edited by Auramyna, 04 April 2013 - 08:17 AM.

#1092 Auramyna

Auramyna

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 08:31 AM

To clarify the RID steal.  It means Role Identification steal so if they can identify the player's role, they steal their action.  E.g - RID Steal plasmid as debate club.  If I am right then what happens is plasmid's action (trap) is blocked by my rid steal.  So he appears in the night post (NP) as RID stolen from (which is the same as being blocked). Then I have a trap in my arsenal that I can use on any later date (not the same night I stole).

If you correctly steal from someone who has a day action, they appear as blocked for the night but you still gain their action (e.g - vote manip).

I will expand on the rules and guidelines when we make the new thread for the game.  Also, there is no limit to how many questions you can ask.  Hosts run their games differently so there is no shame in asking multiple questions to clarify things. :)

#1093 dyalDragon

dyalDragon

devious Drake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1747 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 07:34 PM

any room for a late entry?

#1094 marksmanjay

marksmanjay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 09:02 PM

To clarify the RID steal.  It means Role Identification steal so if they can identify the player's role, they steal their action.  E.g - RID Steal plasmid as debate club.  If I am right then what happens is plasmid's action (trap) is blocked by my rid steal.  So he appears in the night post (NP) as RID stolen from (which is the same as being blocked). Then I have a trap in my arsenal that I can use on any later date (not the same night I stole).

If you correctly steal from someone who has a day action, they appear as blocked for the night but you still gain their action (e.g - vote manip).

I will expand on the rules and guidelines when we make the new thread for the game.  Also, there is no limit to how many questions you can ask.  Hosts run their games differently so there is no shame in asking multiple questions to clarify things. :)

Not to nitpick, but debate club is Yes or No question, and Prom Committee is trap... :P

Spoiler for recursion

#1095 lahiem

lahiem

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:50 AM

I just found out about this site, I take it Im to late for this game? :(

#1096 Thalia

Thalia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2910 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:54 AM

any room for a late entry?

I just found out about this site, I take it Im to late for this game? :(

I'm not sure that plasmid is taking the last spot but you might consider signing up as a backup. There seems to be a tendency for people to. . . disappear. . . 

Come check out Mafia in the Games Forum
Trainer's Manual Mafia XII: Bugs Mafia is in signups
Other games:
The Green Glass Doors
Telephone

#1097 plasmid

plasmid

Senior Lolcat

• VIP
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1292 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:43 AM

I'm not taking the last spot. I'm leaving it open for newbies and will be available to jump in as a backup if anyone's inactive.

#1098 lahiem

lahiem

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:45 AM

I can be a backup, and Dragon can have the spot. No worries

#1099 Panther

Panther

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:52 PM

Hey, you can have my spot lahiem :D
I only joined in to fill numbers, I don't mind :)

"It's so cute when it's sleeping, isn't it? Actually, it's still as abhorrent as ever, but at least it's not trying to kill us."
-Noyan Dar, Tazeem lullmage

#1100 lahiem

lahiem

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:07 PM

Yay :D Thank you.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users