Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Star Wars Mafia III

• Please log in to reply
194 replies to this topic

#21 MissKitten

MissKitten

Merthur <3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2185 posts
  • Location:At my computer, or maybe writing fanfiction, and losing my sanity and innocence

Posted 11 February 2011 - 06:58 PM

Uh, no, sorry. I have after school stuff that only allows me to get on around 6:00 PM EST. and I may be inactive some thursdays.

Chocolate is proof that God wanted us to be happy.

So you want a fight with intent to kill? Then come fight me! It's here in my bow, that intent to kill you love so much! ~ Uryu Ishida

... ~ Nova-kun

Society needs to learn how to adapt, or humanity is screwed. ~ MiKi, aka MissKitten, aka myself

#22 DarthMask

DarthMask

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 09:19 PM

I'll be good with whatever...anytime between 3pm EST and 5pm EST would be best tho.

#23 Darth Legion

Darth Legion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 09:56 PM

DarthMask, are you okay with 7:00 est time?

#24 Glycereine

Glycereine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1909 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 10:00 PM

not so sound mean, but the host has to pick a time. typically around 8pm EST is good for most people in the US, but not everyone is in the US, some hosts have had games end at noon EST because they are in a different country as well.

Players need to play around that. If you can't be on at the last minute for vote changes etc, you need to vote early. No matter what time the day ends you still have 24 hours to get actions and/or votes in.

For example if I can only check BD from 5am to 8am, I need to do it then. I might not get a ton of responses but I can at least vote, act etc. Sometimes it sucks but some of our players are literally never online at day/night end so it's definitely not an obstacle of immense proportions :).

Pick the time that works for you DL (within reason since you asked a few people) and go with it :). It will all work out.

#25 DarthMask

DarthMask

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 10:02 PM

to answer your question DL, 7EST would be fine. Like I said, I'm flexible

#26 young scientist

young scientist

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 12:51 AM

So are we going to start another day?

#27 Shadow7

Shadow7

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 922 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 12:59 AM

I think so...

#28 araver

araver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1533 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 01:52 AM

@Darth Legion - Not trying to influence you, but someone has to say it:
(1) waiting for an inactive is not usually good. You end the night without their action and replace the inactive with a backup or not. Waiting on inactives is a passive form of encouraging it.
(2) the fact that you told us you're waiting for Fett to choose sides is actually very bad.
People can't stop themselves metagame who was inactive enough to not choose sides on time. I know I can't.
And Fett is a crucial role, so narrowing it down due to metagaming kinda spoils the balance.
In my opinion, you should have randomed the side Fett joins and hidden the whole incident. Either way, never tell things like that in the thread. They give away too much information. :(

Edited by araver, 12 February 2011 - 01:53 AM.

Summer of 2013:
Show the Mafia world you're back in action ... signup for The Coup of Rhotus Mafia.You know you want it, we know you still have it in you so .... Come join the madness!  :thumbsup: 

Puzzles open: Strange Creatures I Past puzzles: Mystery Operation Series: I, II, III, IV; Contamination Scenario;
Past games: Crack the Code Series: III, VII, IXPast mafia games: UN Mafia, UN Mafia II, Star Trek Mafia, TMM IV

Almost random quotes:
>> Not only is the universe stranger than we imagine, it is stranger than we can imagine.

#29 Glycereine

Glycereine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1909 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 04:47 AM

I agree with araver. I'm not even I'm the game but I think the best way to overcome this would be to redistribute roles. If someone is already inactive replace them (with me?). But without a redo of roles everyone will know who the inactive player is

#30 Darth Legion

Darth Legion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 02:54 AM

Okay, sorry about that. Trying to get back into the swing of things. Stayed up till 3:00 last night just talking with a friend, so I'm rather out of it. Redistribution tomorrow. I apologize to all whom this has affected. I gathered a lot from this accidental false start, tomorrow should, theoretically, run smoother than last time. Thank you all for not completely blowing me off about this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users