What is Sudoku
Sudoku is a puzzle game where you have to place numbers into 9x9 grid so that each column, each row and each of the 3x3 sub-grids includes all of the digits from 1 to 9.
So the goal is simple - complete the grid so that digits 1 to 9 appear:
- exactly once in each row
- exactly once in each column
- exactly once in each 3x3 box
No deep mathematics skills are needed, just basic logic. That's it.
How to Play Sudoku
In Sudoku Puzzles, you have to eliminate the obvious first and almost each newly entered digit helps you further.
- Start with places where only 1 digit can be placed - compare columns against rows.
- Go by box, then by row, then by column - so complete the obvious for the first 3x3 box then the other 3x3 box etc.
- Once you do the obvious for all 9 small boxes, check them again since you already filled more digits.
- Look at 3x3 subregions where the most places are filled.
- Look at digits that are most often placed.
- If you have a block, take a break and get back to the puzzle in a few hours.
You can play Sudoku online for free on this very page where you can start by selecting easier difficulty first and check all incorrectly filled cells immediately.
Enjoy our free printable Sudoku puzzles and have a lot of fun!
Do you like these brain teasers and wish to bookmark them on your Google +1 or Facebook profile? Easy, simply click the following buttons.