BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

hugemonkey

Question

Hello folks! Here is another set of 12 cryptic clues. These are like some of my

1. Scrap Megaton Generator. (7)

2. Whipped mare spun Nietzchean concept. (8)

3. Shaken but not failing, I left a bomb in crime-fighter's car. (9)

4. Female triathlete? (7)

5. Thread missing from red hood bird. (5)

6. Dark horse shoe shiner. (8)

7. The card was in the envelope before Kojak was back. (5)

8. Check for parasite. (4)

9. Disembowel that darling creature. (5)

10. Delhi batsman in 2003 film. (9)

11. Semi's best two or three. (12)

12. Initially Micheal Jackson and Mr. Abrams had no alternative for evil chimp. (8)

• Answers 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

#1...The atom

Trying...

Nope.

Magneto - scrap (scramble?) Megaton = Magneto, electrical generators can use magnets

These tend to be too cryptic for me, Huge! :P But I still have fun trying to figure them out, even when I epically fail! ^_^

:thumbsup: That is exactly right. You might be thinking a bit too cryptically the answer is simply a synonym for generator.

daredevil

[double meaning] [New Delhi cricket team -> Daredevils, 2003 film -> Daredevil]

I while ago some folks on the Den were complaining about the lack of clues related to Cricket. Please everyone, use any research you can to solve my puzzles. I would consider anything short of hacking onto my computer "fair game". :D

May have opened a can of worms :blink:

daredevil

[double meaning] [New Delhi cricket team -> Daredevils, 2003 film -> Daredevil]

Same reasons as DD......but i got it as my brother is a major cricket fan......he keeps talking of them till it bugs me (i hate it) :D

Credits and unsolved numbers.

1. Scrap Megaton Generator. (7)

2. Whipped mare spun Nietzchean concept. (8)

3. Shaken but not failing, I left a bomb in crime-fighter's car. (9)

4. Female triathlete? (7)

5. Thread missing from red hood bird. (5)

6. Dark horse shoe shiner. (8)

7. The card was in the envelope before Kojak was back. (5)

8. Check for parasite. (4)

10. Delhi Batsman in 2003 film. (9)

12. Initially Micheal Jackson and Mr. Abrams had no alternative for evil chimp. (8)

4. Was googling the definition to Triathlon, and found out that it's a name of a hero in addition to "an athletics event in which contestants compete in swimming, cycling and running in turn," but the hero Triathlon is male... but since I've never heard of him, I'll let somebody else figure this one out

6. Dr. Horrible?

9. The Beast?

11. I wonder if this answer's initials are ES (Semi = Im ES)

12. Werewolf? Mary Jane?

She-Ra

No, sorry.

4. Was googling the definition to Triathlon, and found out that it's a name of a hero in addition to "an athletics event in which contestants compete in swimming, cycling and running in turn," but the hero Triathlon is male... but since I've never heard of him, I'll let somebody else figure this one out

6. Dr. Horrible?

9. The Beast?

11. I wonder if this answer's initials are ES (Semi = Im ES)

12. Werewolf? Mary Jane?

Sorry, DarthNoob, none of those are correct but you might be on to something with #4.

Googling Mr. Abrams revealed that he's probably JJ Abrams, the guy that directed Cloverfield.

Initials of MJ + JJ = JJJ, kind of, so... J Jameson?

Hm...

"for evil chimp" and cloverfield have the same letters except for:

himp

eld

That gets me nowhere... also, going backwards from chimp to for, there's "cliver." Maybe you want us to replace an O with an I somewhere along the line.

Bleh... *yawn*... I'm sleepy

Googling Mr. Abrams revealed that he's probably JJ Abrams, the guy that directed Cloverfield.

Initials of MJ + JJ = JJJ, kind of, so... J Jameson?

Hm...

"for evil chimp" and cloverfield have the same letters except for:

himp

eld

That gets me nowhere... also, going backwards from chimp to for, there's "cliver." Maybe you want us to replace an O with an I somewhere along the line.

Bleh... *yawn*... I'm sleepy

Its is not Cloverfield, but you have some very good work in there. That is the right Mr. Abrams and you are picking up on some of the cipher part. Remember that these all a have a "cipher" portion and a "clue" portion.

Disembowel = cut + that = i.e.; darling creature = cutie?

doubtful but have to guess "prime numbers"? maybe Semi as in the wine region so numb-er as in less feeling

No on #9. Ooh, you are getting close on #11. You may want to think a little about the theme.

Which part of the cipher did I get right? lol...

I really wish J Jameson was it, because I think it fits nicely (Michael Jackson = werewolf, hint to man wolf, too bad man wolf has the wrong number of letters) besides the entire clover thing.

9. The Thing? Disembowel "that darling," take out the middle and you get th + ing

Which part of the cipher did I get right? lol...

I really wish J Jameson was it, because I think it fits nicely (Michael Jackson = werewolf, hint to man wolf, too bad man wolf has the wrong number of letters) besides the entire clover thing.

9. The Thing? Disembowel "that darling," take out the middle and you get th + ing

Way to go on #9!

You have the first part of the cipher in post 40.

Way to go on #9!

You have the first part of the cipher in post 40.

You mean the cliver part or the MJ part?

I feel slow.

4. Warbird?

6. I really want to say Butler or Alfred, but they don't have the right number of letters. I want to guess Hellboy also, seeing as he might have hooves (I just realized that dark horse might not be nightmare, and rather horse might be paired with shoe).

You mean the cliver part or the MJ part?

I feel slow.

4. Warbird?

6. I really want to say Butler or Alfred, but they don't have the right number of letters. I want to guess Hellboy also, seeing as he might have hooves (I just realized that dark horse might not be nightmare, and rather horse might be paired with shoe).

Don't fret this is a brainteaser after all.

4. I see how that sorta fits, but that is not the answer.

6. You may want to peek at my hint in post 20, not Hellboy either.

"Initially Micheal Jackson and Mr. Abrams" part. Look at what parts of the riddle you haven't used yet and you will get it.

I randomly read out #12 to my sister yesterday, and she said "Mojojojo." It's 8 letters and an evil chimp, and holy crap MJ JJ... why did I assume he couldn't be the answer? Bad me! *slaps forehead*

Mojojojo it must be.

I randomly read out #12 to my sister yesterday, and she said "Mojojojo." It's 8 letters and an evil chimp, and holy crap MJ JJ... why did I assume he couldn't be the answer? Bad me! *slaps forehead*

Mojojojo it must be.

Ding! Ding! Ding!

The "had no alternative" is instructions to place a "0" between the initials MJJJ.

I knew you would get it eventually!