BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Hivemind

unreality

Question

Hivemind

"and ye shall know the collective power of the Group..."

Hivemind is a game I invented that deals with themes of deception, sociology, psychology, statistics and trust. I'm starting this game elsewhere as well, (feel free to join both) and am going to see how the different games pan out.

The game works in the following stages:

1) Signup: for the first game I want 10 players, that seems like a good number.

2) Selection: each player, WITHOUT ANY DELIBERATION WHATSOEVER WITH ANY POTENTIAL PLAYERS, will PM the host (me) with their "team choice". There are two teams, A and B. Each player can choose to go on either team, and the decision is not shared or discussed with anyone during this stage.

3) Gameplay: As soon as everyone has PMed me their team choice, I announce in this topic that the game has begun! From that point on, the goal of the game is for each team to discover itself and the enemy. Players can PM other players (please CC all PMs to the host [me] so I have a grasp on what's going on, even though you don't strictly have to) with the intent of discovering their team... but how truthful is the PMer? And how truthful is the responder? Like I said, it's a game of deception and trust.

Players can also post as much as they want on this public thread, but of course everyone can see it.

A team wins when one of its players PMs me with a complete list of who is on A and who is on B. If the list is incorrect in any way, the player "dies" (is kicked out of the game and can no longer send or receive game-related PMs or help out his team or hurt the other team) and everyone learns what team he was on.

If the player is correct, then his team wins, and the other team loses :)

~~~

Signups:

~~~

1)

2)

3)

4)

5)

6)

7)

8)

9)

10)

I'm shooting for 6-10 players depending on how signups go

• Answers 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Whoa, guessing already? o.O If you're wrong *no offence but most likely this early* then two are already gone O.O I've only talked to like three people...better get on that ;D Reminder that if you PM me you'll get a cryptic, but honest answer :3

If I got honest responses from everyone and read into everything correctly, then there is a 25% chance I'm right. I hadn't seen anything from Underground_dan or Randro yet and just put them on whatever team I figured was right. But that is one thing that you guys need to think of. If everyone finds out the correct roster at the same time, then the fastest to post it wins. I figured that by posting a guess with a reasonable chance of being correct it was better than having the correct guess too late.

Well Gmaster's roster contradicts my own. A lot. 99.9% sure he dies. =/

I am probably wrong, and if I am this is going to turn into a fun game to watch. But wouldn't it be something if I pulled it off?

sorry bout that guys, I was gone of the 4th of july weekend

BTW.. I just quoted someone else's guess.. that was NOT mine!

I understand :) It was Gmaster's guess only

1) GMaster479 [A]

2) Kat [A]

3) Magic_luver

4) underground_dan [A]

5) crazypainter

6) randro [A]

7) Izzy [A]

8) Social Darwin [A]

My official guess (I'm either brilliant or impatient)

incorrect ;D

Gmaster and magic_luver are dead... Gmaster was team A, magic_luver was team B

* HIVEMIND *

1) GMaster479 {A}

2) Kat

3) Magic_luver {B}

4) underground_dan

5) crazypainter

6) randro

7) Izzy

8) Social Darwin

Edited by unreality

Unreality, I am having probs sending a pm to you and another person. I have only been sending them to other players cuz I cant include you on the send to line. I posted to izzy on her homepage in BD.

yeah obviously. Oh wait..I think I am oblivious to to what you mean...

Oh yeah you wanted to know who I thought was what...

AABBABBA

yabba dabba do

dancing queen

1) GMaster479 [A]

2) Kat [A]

3) Magic_luver [ B ]

4) underground_dan [A]

5) crazypainter [A]

6) randro [ B ]

7) Izzy [ B }

8) Social Darwin [A]

Mmkay, official guess here...I need to pull out of some games anyway...btw sorry you misinterpretted my hint Izzy D:

<(^-^)>

Edited by Kathleen

incorrect ;D

Gmaster, magic_luver and Kat are dead... Gmaster and Kat were team A, magic_luver was team B

* HIVEMIND *

1) GMaster479 {A}

2) Kat {A}

3) Magic_luver {B}

4) underground_dan

5) crazypainter

6) randro

7) Izzy

8) Social Darwin

3 down, 5 left :o Thanks for playing Kat, and good luck to everyone else! :D

Eh... here goes nothing. I haven't actually talked to UD, and I'm not 100% sure about Randro.. but yeah..

1) GMaster479 {A}

2) Kat {A}

3) Magic_luver {B}

4) underground_dan {B}

5) crazypainter {A}

6) randro {A}

7) Izzy {B}

8) Social Darwin {A}

I haven't talked to anyone but Izzy and CP. I think I've got it though, just by looking at everyone's profile and psycho-analyzing them.

1) GMaster479 {A}

2) Kat {A}

3) Magic_luver {B}

4) underground_dan {A}

5) crazypainter {B}

6) randro {A}

7) Izzy {B}

8) Social Darwin {A}

Or put another way

Team A....................Team B

Gmaster...................Magic_Luver

Kat..........................Crazypainter

Under_Dan...............Izzy

Randro

Social Darwin

Edit: If I get this, I declare myself King of Awesome.

Edited by Social_Darwin

both of you are wrong, yet both of you are VERY close :P

Gmaster, magic_luver, Kat, Izzy and Social_Darwin are dead... Gmaster/Kat/SD were team A, magic_luver and Izzy were team B

* HIVEMIND *

1) GMaster479 {A}

2) Kat {A}

3) Magic_luver {B}

4) underground_dan

5) crazypainter

6) randro

7) Izzy {B}

8) Social Darwin {A}

and with that, this odd experiment of a game is over :P

Team A: Social Darwin, Kat, crazypainter, underground_dan, Gmaster479, Randro

Team B: Izzy, Magic_luver101

With both team B members dead, team A wins by process of elimination ;D

The full roster is:

* HIVEMIND *

1) GMaster479 {A}

2) Kat {A}

3) Magic_luver {B}

4) underground_dan {A}

5) crazypainter {A}

6) randro {A}

7) Izzy {B}

8) Social Darwin {A}

well this was... interesting, to say the least. It was quite a psychology experiment from the very start... almost every single person chose team A... and one of the B-people (magic_luver) wanted to switch to A shortly afterwards. There's some psychological moral here, perhaps an egotism or maybe just the lull of being on "Team A". Anyway I thought that was interesting, moreso because the result of people wanting that, it became true, because it lopsided the numbers accordingly.

anyway good game, izzy and SD were both very close, one person off each.

Well thanks for playing everyone :D Since I was forwarded almost no PMs, I'm curious as to whether people tended to honesty or dishonesty?

Haha, I chose Team B knowing almost everyone else would choose A, but I was hoping the person that would choose Team B with me would be SB, choosing B because he knew I would somehow. He knew I would, but because of that chose A. :P

Randro, you lied to me. :P

Eugh, I knew I should have talked to UD. Oh well. I figured I was right because of the crazy amount of people already on Team A.